Home ATV Florida Forum ATV Florida Where to Ride? ATV Florida Links Advertise

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length

Home   Help Search Calendar Login Register  
Pages: [1] 2  All   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Trailer Estimation  (Read 7505 times)
Young Gun
Supreme Member

Murray Enterprises

View Profile WWW

Ignore
« on: January 01, 2007, 06:41:39 PM »

Yes, I am annoying with all the topics I make about opinions but hey im just trying to get it right.  Here is a list of the quads we are indefinitely buying...

Suzuki Kingquad 700
Suzuki Vinson
Suzuki Ozark (could change to a Z250)
Suzuki LTR450
Yamaha Rhino (if/when the 700 comes out)

Now time for the question, what size trailer do you guys think we need?  We originally were going to go enclosed but decided not to because my dad had a chance to drive one and did not like it for some reason.  So now were going open.  I was thinking a 18ft trailer would be good? Huh  The biggest problem is if we get the rhino we need to make sure we have room longways because theres no chance in heck its going sideways.  I know we could have the 4 quads go sideways. 
« Last Edit: January 01, 2007, 06:44:10 PM by SuzukiRacer » Logged

2008 KFX450R
Full DASA Exhaust, FCI, Dynojet PC5, Hiper CF1 Beadlocks, ITP GNCC Holeshots, IMS Roll Bumper, ProArmor FAT Peg Nerfbars, Red Radiator hoses, Engine ICE Coolant, Spider Grips, Blingster Rear Grab Bar

2004 TRX450R
Too much to list...
Silverstar

Sportin' a Vinson!!

View Profile WWW

Ignore
« Reply #1 on: January 01, 2007, 06:56:59 PM »

I'm not sure but it'll need to be HUGE!!!! And you'd better have one nasty diesel to pull it! An enclosed big enough to haul all that would cost as much as a small house.

04 Suzuki Vinson 500 manual tranny. 25" mudzillas, snorkeled. Still have my samurai for sale.
Young Gun
Supreme Member

Murray Enterprises

View Profile WWW

Ignore
« Reply #2 on: January 01, 2007, 07:06:43 PM »

I'm not sure but it'll need to be HUGE!!!! And you'd better have one nasty diesel to pull it! An enclosed big enough to haul all that would cost as much as a small house.

I talked to a guy on here that is selling a 24ft enclosed trailer and he fit two vinsons in sidexside.  He said there is room for two more of them sideways up front.  And that only took up half the trailer Shocked.  Oh and I think your thinking about a toy hauler.  You can get a brand new 24ft for around 10k. 

2008 KFX450R
Full DASA Exhaust, FCI, Dynojet PC5, Hiper CF1 Beadlocks, ITP GNCC Holeshots, IMS Roll Bumper, ProArmor FAT Peg Nerfbars, Red Radiator hoses, Engine ICE Coolant, Spider Grips, Blingster Rear Grab Bar

2004 TRX450R
Too much to list...
Gato
Supreme Member

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #3 on: January 01, 2007, 07:08:26 PM »

I would go with 20ft you will not regret it 2ft goes a long way for storage

2008 Yamaha Rhino 700FI(camo)
2002 Arctic Cat 400i 4x4
2010 Arctic CAt 700 h1
Young Gun
Supreme Member

Murray Enterprises

View Profile WWW

Ignore
« Reply #4 on: January 01, 2007, 07:10:12 PM »

I would go with 20ft you will not regret it 2ft goes a long way for storage

Well we werent too worried about storage because the back of the hauler would be empty and thought that would be enough lol.  Then again who knows Sad

2008 KFX450R

2004 TRX450R
Too much to list...
qt314nfla

« Reply #5 on: January 01, 2007, 07:16:11 PM »

You'll be hard pressed to even find a hauler that will hold that many toys.  BBF had a weekend warrior that's the biggest I've seen and it might hold them.  It may be for sale.

As for a trailer my suggestion is a very large 5th wheel trailer.  Get one that's wide enough that you can load them either sideways on the trailer or two up across the width. 

Either way I hope you're parents have a huge diesel.  You're not going to tow it all safely w/o one.  If you need one talk to SwampDonkey w/ Heartland motors on this site.

Another way to see what you need is to look up the specs on each of the vehicles you are wanting and add the width and lengths.
Young Gun
Supreme Member

Murray Enterprises

View Profile WWW

Ignore
« Reply #6 on: January 01, 2007, 07:18:30 PM »

You'll be hard pressed to even find a hauler that will hold that many toys.  BBF had a weekend warrior that's the biggest I've seen and it might hold them.  It may be for sale.

As for a trailer my suggestion is a very large 5th wheel trailer.  Get one that's wide enough that you can load them either sideways on the trailer or two up across the width. 

Either way I hope you're parents have a huge diesel.  You're not going to tow it all safely w/o one.  If you need one talk to SwampDonkey w/ Heartland motors on this site.

Were talking about just a regular enclosed cargo trailer, not a toy hauler that you can sleep in lol.  I think ive confused you all.  Im talking about this kind of trailer... which is not what we want to get haha.  Maybe ill pressure my dad into it?

And yes QT, we have already contacted Scott Cool
« Last Edit: January 01, 2007, 07:21:25 PM by SuzukiRacer » Logged

2008 KFX450R

2004 TRX450R
Too much to list...
qt314nfla

« Reply #7 on: January 01, 2007, 07:20:30 PM »

Good luck.  You can get a rhino in them but you'll have to deflate the tires to fit it due to height.  There's a couple ppl on this site.  I still think that trailers gonna be too small.  Do some math and add up the toy specs and you'll have all the info you need.  You'll still need a good size diesel to tow something like that safely.

You'll probably need a triple axle for all those toys.
Young Gun
Supreme Member

Murray Enterprises

View Profile WWW

Ignore
« Reply #8 on: January 01, 2007, 07:24:05 PM »

Good luck.  You can get a rhino in them but you'll have to deflate the tires to fit it due to height.  There's a couple ppl on this site.  I still think that trailers gonna be too small.  Do some math and add up the toy specs and you'll have all the info you need.  You'll still need a good size diesel to tow something like that safely.

You'll probably need a triple axle for all those toys.

yeah thats another reason we wanted to go open because of the height issue.  Thats a good idea to look at the specs lol, overlooked that I guess Sad.  Scott is helping us find a good deal on a diesel.  And good god at the triple axle.  I coudlve sworn a double would be enough.  Now remember there is four in our family, so some toys might not be taken on ride, probably one will be left back and that will most likely be the rhino since we will head to croom alot.  When we go to Ocala my mom and sister will leave the quads and use the Rhino.  Its confusing but oh well lol.

2008 KFX450R

2004 TRX450R
Too much to list...
qt314nfla

« Reply #9 on: January 01, 2007, 07:28:38 PM »

Ok then you should be fine w/ a tandem axle.  As long as you aren't taking the whole lot of them.
Young Gun
Supreme Member

Murray Enterprises

View Profile WWW

Ignore
« Reply #10 on: January 01, 2007, 07:30:40 PM »

Ok then you should be fine w/ a tandem axle.  As long as you aren't taking the whole lot of them.

Oh no, definetly not lol.  Out of anything....

Croom: All 4 quads, no rhino
Ocala: Kingquad, LTR, Rhino. 

2008 KFX450R

2004 TRX450R
Too much to list...
Muddbuggy
Supreme Member

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #11 on: January 01, 2007, 07:37:46 PM »

I have a 20ft enclosed with with cabinets and a frig up front which leaves me 18 foot of floor space.  I can get two quads sideXside up front and a Rhino in the back and a geni  or four quads.  the rhino is 9ft long and a quad is about 5-6ft it sounds like alotta extra space but dont forget you still need space for tie downs and to climb over or around stuff.   

QT   I dont have to deflate the tires on aaron's rhino to get it in  I still have 2-3in clearance on the roof.

MB

GOTTA HORNEY RHINO....06' CAMO
07' OZARK 250
05' Z250
05' Z400 ACnerfs/beadlocks/carbon fiber Yoshi

SEABEEJIM IS A CLOWN PUNCHER.....
qt314nfla

« Reply #12 on: January 01, 2007, 07:39:01 PM »

I have a 20ft enclosed with with cabinets and a frig up front which leaves me 18 foot of floor space.  I can get two quads sideXside up front and a Rhino in the back and a geni  or four quads.  the rhino is 9ft long and a quad is about 5-6ft it sounds like alotta extra space but dont forget you still need space for tie downs and to climb over or around stuff.   

QT   I dont have to deflate the tires on aaron's rhino to get it in  I still have 2-3in clearance on the roof.

MB

Chillin has to deflate tires for it to fit in his trailer.  Good to know that's not always the case though.
GSXR1000

YFZ 450R

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #13 on: January 01, 2007, 07:39:49 PM »

I have a 20 ft enclosed and I can fit a rhino and 3 quads in there with gear no problem. maybe 4 quads if we packed them in there tight.
good luck with your choice
Bigscrb15
Supreme Member

I'm a Florida Mud Rider

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #14 on: January 01, 2007, 08:08:33 PM »

You'll be hard pressed to even find a hauler that will hold that many toys.  BBF had a weekend warrior that's the biggest I've seen and it might hold them.

Our hauler has about the same amount of storage area and there is no way that many quads would fit.

You would be best off going with a 24' open trailer. We have a 16' trailer and can get 2Vinsons 1Wolverine and a Recon all sideways.

"When once you have tasted flight, you will forever walk the earth with your eyes turned skyward, for there you have been, and there you will always long to return."
eldiablo64
Supreme Member

Finally! ATVFlorida.com is here!

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #15 on: January 01, 2007, 08:21:01 PM »

you could go sideways with the rhino just put a side ramp on it.I've seen a couple trailers like that

TAKE IT OUT AND PLAY WITH IT     AT THE  FLORIDAMOTOPLEX.com
SWAMP_DONKEY

« Reply #16 on: January 01, 2007, 09:17:24 PM »

i HAVE A 20 FT CAR HAULER AND IT FITS 1 RHINO AND 3 FULL SIZE QUADS, IT IS AVAIL FOR SALE IF YOU WANT IT.

3 MONTHS OLD 2200.00
Fox17
Supreme Member

Go Gators!!

View Profile WWW

Ignore
« Reply #17 on: January 01, 2007, 09:22:14 PM »

get a big f-250 or equivilent with the longest bed and get a smaller open trailer, put the rhino or the kingquad in the bed of the truck and the rest on the trailer. we put one quad in our truck and 3 on our trailer. we just put a ramp from the truck to the trailer and ride the one in the truck out and on to the trailer and then on the ground. it works great.
Young Gun
Supreme Member

Murray Enterprises

View Profile WWW

Ignore
« Reply #18 on: January 01, 2007, 10:52:45 PM »

I have a 20 ft enclosed and I can fit a rhino and 3 quads in there with gear no problem. maybe 4 quads if we packed them in there tight.
good luck with your choice

oh alright, I think we will go 24ft so they arent packed in tightly and can have room to move around.  I really want enclosed so if we go camping overnight I would atleast feel more safe with them not in the open.

2008 KFX450R

2004 TRX450R
Too much to list...
Young Gun
Supreme Member

Murray Enterprises

View Profile WWW

Ignore
« Reply #19 on: January 01, 2007, 10:53:49 PM »

i HAVE A 20 FT CAR HAULER AND IT FITS 1 RHINO AND 3 FULL SIZE QUADS, IT IS AVAIL FOR SALE IF YOU WANT IT.

3 MONTHS OLD 2200.00

If only it fit one more quad.

2008 KFX450R

2004 TRX450R
Too much to list...
Young Gun
Supreme Member

Murray Enterprises

View Profile WWW

Ignore
« Reply #20 on: January 01, 2007, 10:55:57 PM »

get a big f-250 or equivilent with the longest bed and get a smaller open trailer, put the rhino or the kingquad in the bed of the truck and the rest on the trailer. we put one quad in our truck and 3 on our trailer. we just put a ramp from the truck to the trailer and ride the one in the truck out and on to the trailer and then on the ground. it works great.

Well we cant really be to picky on the bed size lol.  I think a 24ft trailer would be good just BIG lol.  I dont know why but I wouldnt trust a ramp holding a 7-11k investment going off the truck to the trailer Huh

2008 KFX450R

2004 TRX450R
Too much to list...
yunt2ride
Supreme Member

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #21 on: January 02, 2007, 12:33:12 AM »

Get a 24ft enclosed. Just make sure its the widest available inside. Not sure if you can get 8ft wide but thats what you would need. That way you can park them two side by side front to back and then the rhino at back. Or the rhino up front and your quads near the rear to keep the weight over the axles. Just get the height spec of the rhino and give yourself a little more height room. With a enclosed trailer. People cannot see your toys and you can lock them up out of veiw. Plus it gives you a place to store them while at home. Be sure and get a good trailer tongue lock and then put a good chain or wheel lock on the tires also. The wheel lock should work good. 

http://cgi.ebay.com/Car-Trailer-Caravan-Wheel-Clamp-Lock-Anti-Theft_W0QQitemZ250067639139QQihZ015QQcategoryZ76066QQssPageNameZWDVWQQrdZ1QQcmdZViewItem

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/Fulton-Universal-Trailer-Coupler-Lock-Stop-Theft-NEW_W0QQcmdZViewItemQQcategoryZ50073QQihZ005QQitemZ150075286865QQrdZ1

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/Master-Lock-Universal-Trailer-Coupler-Lock_W0QQcmdZViewItemQQcategoryZ33653QQihZ005QQitemZ150075431801QQrdZ1

1997 Chevrolet 4WD extended cab
2005 Polaris 500HO 4X4 Hunter Edition Camo
Bigscrb15
Supreme Member

I'm a Florida Mud Rider

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #22 on: January 02, 2007, 09:52:04 AM »

Well we cant really be to picky on the bed size lol.  I think a 24ft trailer would be good just BIG lol.  I dont know why but I wouldnt trust a ramp holding a 7-11k investment going off the truck to the trailer Huh

The ramps are very stong and you won't have a problem. It is acutally safer going to the trailer than the ground because the angle is less.

"When once you have tasted flight, you will forever walk the earth with your eyes turned skyward, for there you have been, and there you will always long to return."
dnigels

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #23 on: January 02, 2007, 10:38:36 AM »

Most economic would be the car hauler mentioned and haul the last quad (when you are taking the whole shebang) in the back of your truck.  If economics do not enter into the equation get the mega-enclosed trailer huge F-350 diesel to tow it, and ask your parents to adopt me! Wink

'06 Yamaha 350 Wolverine
'06 Yamaha PW80
'07 Chevy Silverado 1500 Ext.cab
Young Gun
Supreme Member

Murray Enterprises

View Profile WWW

Ignore
« Reply #24 on: January 02, 2007, 05:48:33 PM »

Get a 24ft enclosed. Just make sure its the widest available inside. Not sure if you can get 8ft wide but thats what you would need. That way you can park them two side by side front to back and then the rhino at back. Or the rhino up front and your quads near the rear to keep the weight over the axles. Just get the height spec of the rhino and give yourself a little more height room. With a enclosed trailer. People cannot see your toys and you can lock them up out of veiw. Plus it gives you a place to store them while at home. Be sure and get a good trailer tongue lock and then put a good chain or wheel lock on the tires also. The wheel lock should work good. 

http://cgi.ebay.com/Car-Trailer-Caravan-Wheel-Clamp-Lock-Anti-Theft_W0QQitemZ250067639139QQihZ015QQcategoryZ76066QQssPageNameZWDVWQQrdZ1QQcmdZViewItem

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/Fulton-Universal-Trailer-Coupler-Lock-Stop-Theft-NEW_W0QQcmdZViewItemQQcategoryZ50073QQihZ005QQitemZ150075286865QQrdZ1

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/Master-Lock-Universal-Trailer-Coupler-Lock_W0QQcmdZViewItemQQcategoryZ33653QQihZ005QQitemZ150075431801QQrdZ1

yeah I think thats what were going to do, Ive contacted a member on this site selling a 24x8.5 and another memeber contacted me with his trailer.  Then I got an email from someone saying they had a 28ft triple axle Shocked

I never even thought of security like that.  I thought all is need is a padlock on all doors  Huh
« Last Edit: January 02, 2007, 05:51:48 PM by SuzukiRacer » Logged

2008 KFX450R

2004 TRX450R
Too much to list...
Pages: [1] 2  All   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

Other Florida sites of interest: www.PinballShark.com