Home ATV Florida Forum ATV Florida Where to Ride? ATV Florida Links Advertise

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length

Home   Help Search Calendar Login Register  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: polaris hawkeye carb problem  (Read 9427 times)
kuma

View Profile

Ignore
« on: December 23, 2006, 11:06:48 PM »

Is it just mine or me that I believe polaris should have to recall all these damn things. I have two of the 2006  models and both have been back to the dealer for 4 times because they constantly backfire,stall out,just plain want run worth a damn. Now I have to take them back again tuesday. For the 5TH time. Any suggestions. Does atv fall under the lemon law?HuhHuhHuh
Bigscrb15
Supreme Member

I'm a Florida Mud Rider

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #1 on: December 23, 2006, 11:33:01 PM »

yes, all consumers goods fall under the lemon law.

"When once you have tasted flight, you will forever walk the earth with your eyes turned skyward, for there you have been, and there you will always long to return."
PREDOCROSS

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #2 on: December 24, 2006, 05:41:48 AM »

These quads come with a throttle position sensor. If the sensor is adjusted incorrectly, it causes the symptoms you describe. I would try a different dealer, not all mechanics are competent.
yunt2ride
Supreme Member

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #3 on: December 24, 2006, 06:00:40 AM »

Predocross is right. Try a different dealer. I had a buddy that had a problem with his new 600. The dealer would not or could not figure it out. He found out that his quad needed a carb update. They kept telling him that his did not need it but he called Nature Coast in Crystal River and does they do the update and he had no more problems.

1997 Chevrolet 4WD extended cab
2005 Polaris 500HO 4X4 Hunter Edition Camo
WAKORB

Finally! ATVFlorida.com is here!

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #4 on: January 03, 2007, 07:29:08 PM »

I just got a new dynojet jetkit and k&n filter w/ an outerwears pre filter and going to remove the airbox lid for mine ill let you know how that goes. Mine has just started stalling when ideling as well. Ill repost after.
kuma

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #5 on: January 18, 2007, 03:51:27 PM »

where did you get your dyno jet kit and k&n filter and outwear from?HuhHuhHuhHuh??
PREDOCROSS

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #6 on: January 20, 2007, 05:51:47 AM »

The Hawkeye takes the same size filter as the 2005 Trailblazer. I have 2 Hawkeye's and had to clean the carb on one during the first ride, out on the trail Angry. My local dealer is pretty decent,but even they can sometimes be worthless on certain problems. I rarely let the dealer touch my machines. Take the time to get to know your quads, there is alot of good info on here.
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

Other Florida sites of interest: www.PinballShark.com