Home ATV Florida Forum ATV Florida Where to Ride? ATV Florida Links Advertise

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length

Home   Help Search Calendar Login Register  
Poll
Question: whats faster    (Voting closed: February 05, 2007, 10:02:18 PM)
ford 6.0 deisel - 19 (33.3%)
ford 7.3 deisel - 12 (21.1%)
dodge  deisel - 13 (22.8%)
chevy   deisel - 13 (22.8%)
Total Voters: 50

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 [6] 7   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: trash talking deisel racing  (Read 55233 times)
xr100racer

« Reply #125 on: December 20, 2006, 05:25:43 PM »

"Its not what you like, it's the consumer"

-Joe Dirt
PLEDGER#76

1971 Honda CB350, Honda TRX450R

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #126 on: December 20, 2006, 07:38:53 PM »

I have had all three in the last 5 years, 2002 Dodge, 2003 Duramax, and 2005 Powerstroke and like anoriginal says they all have good and bad points.. I put 70,000 miles on the built to the max dodge and went through 2 sets of front brakes, and 1 tranny, but the front-end is great on them and it does not eat up tires.. I currently have 110,000 miles on the chevy built to the max and still on the factory brakes but 3rd set of front tires (car front end) and pulling 18,000 LB. toyhauler around for the last 3 months and 12,000LB camper before that and have had zero problems with it... The ford is probably the most comfortable to drive in my opinion and it has only got 18,000 miles on it and not one single problem at all....But when it comes down to it I still like my Chevy the most, and still like to race the pi$$ out of it too....

1971 Honda CB350 and its mint
Honda TRX450R
tribal_shee

Finally, ATVFlorida.com is here!

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #127 on: December 21, 2006, 12:08:49 AM »

good to here someone else talk good about the chevys. kinda funny everyone's been talking about fords this and dodge's that and in the little poll the GM's are sneaking up the chart. thing about it is, is when you know you got a good truck you don't have to keep trying to convince people that it's good Shocked  but there all descent just depends on what ya like. That's what makes the world go around Wink Cool

'91 banshee completely redone,lightened frame,cub motor, drag pipes = fast as hell
'94 warrior completely redone
'04 Grizzly w/ 29.5" outlaw tires,lift,snorkels,clutch kit,exhaust& jet kit
'04 450 Kodiak w/28" outlaw tires
MadMudder
Supreme Member

Semper Fi

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #128 on: December 21, 2006, 01:25:22 AM »

A better name for this topic is "What do you drive" because you know that 90% of the people here arent man enough to admit that there is something better then what they drive. There really is no true way to prove that one truck is better than another. I think that you will have to modify this poll in a few years to include toyota and honda. Trust me, in about 5 years Japan is going to get in on the disel market and complete their total dominace of the american car market. Just look at what they can do with a four cylander engine. Now imagine what they could extract out of a 7.3L disel engine.... You might not think that they will do it but if your toyota or someone like that and you see how much the american compaines are making in this segment then they are going to try an compete with these other manufactures. Thats when you'll see the big 3 running for cover. Anyway im getting off topic. I just want to say that whenever the foregin manufactures decide to get in on this then all of the current compaines are screwed... Just my .02.....

2013 BF650i 4x4
Stock; for now..
blupits04
Supreme Member

View Profile WWW

Ignore
« Reply #129 on: December 21, 2006, 02:06:00 AM »

ya well I've had the nissan diesel and the isuzu diesel both were great little trucks but niether one of them could do what my ford does as far as being a work horse.why would a 4ft guy need a f350,f250 or a 3500,2500  chevy,dodge they would need a booster seat to see over the dash.

fastrnrik
Supreme Member

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #130 on: December 21, 2006, 06:03:49 AM »

The Duramax engine in the Chevy's is built by Isuzu.
Chuck_Norris

« Reply #131 on: December 21, 2006, 08:30:50 AM »

WOW!! Absolutely amazing how much knowledge is on this thread not to mention the bench racing.  you'd almost think someone would be able to work on a diesel just by reading this. We are hiring qualified Diesel techs here at the dealership by the sound of things  there are several who qualify or at least put on a great game face.  Wink
Smoknbanshee
Supreme Member

When the green light drops, all bull$hit stops!

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #132 on: December 21, 2006, 09:13:38 AM »

WOW!! Absolutely amazing how much knowledge is on this thread not to mention the bench racing.  you'd almost think someone would be able to work on a diesel just by reading this. We are hiring qualified Diesel techs here at the dealership by the sound of things  there are several who qualify or at least put on a great game face.  Wink
yo chuck, i don't like to get my hands dirty.  just curious what is the pay?  not sure if you were busting me up or not, but i did do all my own work to my truck and actually installed the complete tranny kit, so I can speak from experience on a few things.  Merry christmas to you and your family.

Team FBI (Florida Boy's Inc.)
A$$ Crack Racing
Choke on my Smoke!
Bigscrb15
Supreme Member

I'm a Florida Mud Rider

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #133 on: December 21, 2006, 09:22:57 AM »

They are just repeating things they read on a diesel forum, lol.

A better name for this topic is "What do you drive" because you know that 90% of the people here arent man enough to admit that there is something better then what they drive. There really is no true way to prove that one truck is better than another. I think that you will have to modify this poll in a few years to include toyota and honda. Trust me, in about 5 years Japan is going to get in on the disel market and complete their total dominace of the american car market. Just look at what they can do with a four cylander engine. Now imagine what they could extract out of a 7.3L disel engine.... You might not think that they will do it but if your toyota or someone like that and you see how much the american compaines are making in this segment then they are going to try an compete with these other manufactures. Thats when you'll see the big 3 running for cover. Anyway im getting off topic. I just want to say that whenever the foregin manufactures decide to get in on this then all of the current compaines are screwed... Just my .02.....

Toyota will have a diesel Tundra in the next year or so.

"When once you have tasted flight, you will forever walk the earth with your eyes turned skyward, for there you have been, and there you will always long to return."
k.p.
Supreme Member

6 in a row makes it go!

View Profile WWW

Ignore
« Reply #134 on: December 21, 2006, 09:35:34 AM »

yeah i my bros friend was telling me about it. i think they had a deisel over in japan that they made for 3 years or something like that. the guy across the street has an old landrover that has a deisel. it looks like a little safari-mobile
Chuck_Norris

« Reply #135 on: December 21, 2006, 10:14:09 AM »

yo chuck, i don't like to get my hands dirty.  just curious what is the pay?  not sure if you were busting me up or not, but i did do all my own work to my truck and actually installed the complete tranny kit, so I can speak from experience on a few things.  Merry christmas to you and your family.
Nah smoke not busting yer chops, I actually commend someone who will dive into it. I am serious about techs though rate of pay can vary based on experience. Lets just say that the diesel shop is not starving for work like the car shop is.  Merry Christmas to you and yours as well.
They are just repeating things they read on a diesel forum, lol.

Some how I think I can believe that....LOL
450R_Matt
Supreme Member

TRX 250R #18

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #136 on: December 21, 2006, 04:47:22 PM »

You smelly basturds still talking bout deisel?  Shocked   Cheesy

Nissan is supposed to come out with a HD Titan 3/4 ton with a deisel also.

Proud to still own one of the badest quads ever built
               The Honda TRX250R
Got rid of the 4 poke and resurrected another dinosaur
94Hardbody4x4
Supreme Member

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #137 on: December 21, 2006, 05:08:17 PM »

Nissan makes an extremely well designed diesel engine and has for decades. The 4.2L diesel available in the Narvara(European Frontier) is a perfect example. Good HP and Good torque for the vehicle it's in. The old KA diesel were a joke, for power, but ran forever with little to no problems. The new Titan Diesel should be a good move for Nissan.

Unfortunatly, I see it being very, very expensive. It's going to be a new motor with parts only available by dealer. It seems all Automobile manufacturers are finally begining to look at new economic fuel systems.

Parting out 2005 Honda Foreman....ASK ME!
Smoknbanshee
Supreme Member

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #138 on: December 21, 2006, 05:21:01 PM »

LET ME REPEAT THIS.

FORD MAKES IT,
POWERSTROKE SHAKES IT

I do repeat some things from a forum that I can actually justify.

A$$ Crack Racing
Choke on my Smoke!
fastrnrik
Supreme Member

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #139 on: December 21, 2006, 06:48:37 PM »

I thought I would ask since there a few people who seem to know a thing or two about Fords. I have been hearing that Ford is going to start (08  maybe?) putting a 6.4 Liter version of the Powerstroke engine in it's Super Duty truck line. This is supposedly an engine that is already well proven in the Ford and International medium duty truck lines. Anyone other than me heard this rumor?
Smoknbanshee
Supreme Member

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #140 on: December 21, 2006, 10:38:36 PM »

CHUCK NORRIS would be the man to ask.  I am confident that he has all the top secret info on them already.

You can also go to www.thedieselstop.com and that is a forum that has information on it also.

A$$ Crack Racing
Choke on my Smoke!
Chillinthemost
Supreme Member

Git it rag

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #141 on: December 21, 2006, 10:52:20 PM »

the 6.4 will be out in Jan. it will have twin turbos along with a lot of new emissions BS. All of the big 3 have had to make a lot of changes to meet the 07 emisions. The new Cummins will be 6.7 liter.

YFZ  FTR B-Open  #12
Chillin Jr. FTR Super Pee A #12
backinsaddle

« Reply #142 on: December 21, 2006, 10:57:43 PM »

The new Cummins will be 6.7 liter.

All that extra cubic inches, and it's the same hp/tqe as the current model...lost power to emissions controls Cry

I think in 2007 their requiring 100% egr on all diesels, or at least a portion of the sold fleet?
xr100racer

« Reply #143 on: December 21, 2006, 11:07:31 PM »

Yes, the new engine for 08 in the superdutys is the 6.4. They have been talking about that for awhile, origionally it was supposed to be twin turbo but its just single.

Nissan makes an extremely well designed diesel engine and has for decades. The 4.2L diesel available in the Narvara(European Frontier) is a perfect example. Good HP and Good torque for the vehicle it's in. The old KA diesel were a joke, for power, but ran forever with little to no problems. The new Titan Diesel should be a good move for Nissan.

It seems all Automobile manufacturers are finally begining to look at new economic fuel systems.

They have to meet 2007 emisions laws. '07 emmisions standards are something crazy like 120% lower. Thats why the new 6.7 cummins (which will be available in all Dodge 2500+ January 2007 and is currently available in the chassis cab) makes 350hp and 650ft lbs. Thats a 25hp/40ft lb improvment that takes an extra .8L to make. Emmisions - less power, cleaner air. Dodge, Chevy, and GM dont give a rats azz about emmisions, its costing them big. Alot of money is going into designing and producing these new engines, that extra cost will be passed down to the consumer so they lose sales, or they take the hit and dont make as much money on each new truck sold. "finally begining to look at new economic fuel systems" --- more like "forced to design more economic fuel systems.

And if Nissan made a diesel it would suck and only little girly men would drive them
xr100racer

« Reply #144 on: December 21, 2006, 11:08:25 PM »

woah, while I was typing 2 new posts were made. No, the new 6.4 is single turbo
fastrnrik
Supreme Member

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #145 on: December 21, 2006, 11:47:46 PM »

The new Cummins will be 6.7 liter.

All that extra cubic inches, and it's the same hp/tqe as the current model...lost power to emissions controls Cry

I think in 2007 their requiring 100% egr on all diesels, or at least a portion of the sold fleet?

The emissions thing is true, and will affect us, the consumer, right in the wallet.
I recently bought some dump trucks, and actually bought '06's even though the '07's were already coming out. The '07's are between $10,000 to $15,000 more due to the particulate containment setup and the rest of the emissions crap.
The reason I asked about the new Powerstoke is because I heard it was already a proven engine, unlike the 6.0 which was brand new when it came out and had all of the first year problems.
xr100racer

« Reply #146 on: December 22, 2006, 12:00:57 AM »

The 6.7 is also a proven engine. Cummins engines are tested in heavy machinery for something like at least 5 years before there ever put into a pick up. They do that so theres no "6.0" kinda situations
cutngrs
Supreme Member

PUT UP $$$ OR SHUT THE HELL UP

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #147 on: December 22, 2006, 09:17:28 AM »

this is from ford  the 6.4 has two turbos
http://media.ford.com/

Powerstroke® turbo-diesel is more powerful, more capable

The new 6.4-liter diesel utilizes Ford Clean Diesel Technology™ to deliver the best PowerStroke® diesel ever. The new powerplant meets the most stringent emissions standards in the world, while still increasing power and torque in an engine that is smooth and quiet.

“We had to put in this level of technology to meet emissions,” said Dan Davidson, Powertrain Supervisor. “We went up in displacement to improve torque and horsepower as well. Effectively we said, ‘if we’re going to do a new engine to meet emissions, then let’s improve performance as well.’ We didn’t compromise on anything.”

The 6.4-liter PowerStroke® clean-diesel makes an impressive 350 horsepower at 3,000 rpm and 650 foot-pounds of torque starting at 2,000 rpm while reducing particulate output by up to 97 percent and posting emissions numbers on par with gasoline engines.

A tough, cast iron block and heads provide a strong, durable foundation for making power and torque. A new cylinder head design and piston bowl design optimize the high-cylinder pressures delivered by the high-pressure fuel system. The higher pressures provide more efficient combustion equating to increased power and cleaner emissions.

The pistons mount to the forged-steel crankshaft with larger, stronger rods that feature an increased rob bearing diameter. The pistons are galley-cooled providing optimized operation and increased durability.

Two turbos are better than one

The high-tech, series sequential turbochargers provide improved response throughout the entire power band with better low-end performance. Tests have shown zero-to-60 times of more than a second faster than the outgoing 6.0-liter.

The two turbochargers work in tandem. The small, electronic-controlled, smart remote variable geometry turbocharger comes on at low rpm to provide extra boost at take-off. As rpms increase, the larger fixed turbo joins the smaller turbo to boost power through the middle of the torque curve. As optimum speed is reached, the larger turbo takes over.

The system can make up to 42 pounds of boost and is bolted to the engine with mounting brackets designed to reduce NVH. The turbos themselves have been optimized against oil coking.

THE ORANGE CRUSH BANSHEE  
WWW.MYBANSHEE/IS/FASTER/THAN/YOURS.COM
IF YOU WANT TO RUN WITH THE BIG DOGS GIVE US A CALL
Bigscrb15
Supreme Member

I'm a Florida Mud Rider

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #148 on: December 22, 2006, 09:51:18 AM »

I am still convinced the reason while diesel break down is they are babied. Diesels are work engines made to work, not just sit around idling. Everyone on this topic loves their diesel. Everyone on this topic drive the crap out of it and doesn't baby it. I have a 2003 6.0L(the worst of the worst) and It has 1 warranty claim. I drive mine quite hard and it runs great.

And by the way, let's not let the Duramax get out of all this. How many injectors went bad on those in the past couple years? My dad had 6quarts of diesel in his crankcase.

"When once you have tasted flight, you will forever walk the earth with your eyes turned skyward, for there you have been, and there you will always long to return."
xr100racer

« Reply #149 on: December 22, 2006, 10:43:14 AM »

Hmmmm, I could have swore I read something not to long ago about the 6.4 being a single turbo. My bad then I guess. It still makes the same exact power as the single turbo Cummins. Less turbo lag but I bet the Cummins will win in a race, New 6spd Aisin trans with 4.10 gears
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 [6] 7   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

Other Florida sites of interest: www.PinballShark.com