Home ATV Florida Forum ATV Florida Where to Ride? ATV Florida Links Advertise

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length

Home   Help Search Calendar Login Register  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: ATV mechanic near Orlando, Daytona all they way down to West Palm  (Read 1955 times)
xr100racer

« on: November 27, 2006, 02:17:10 PM »

I need a Piston and Cam put in my raptor. I will be ordering the parts and all you have to do is put them in. You do not have to be a certified mechanic or have your own shop, just someone who knows what their doing and has the tools. Basically what needs to be done:

Pull motor from complete bike
install new cam and piston
Put motor back in bike

The new piston is larger and I will need to have the cylinder borred .080 over. If you have the means to do this then you can for additional pay, if not, i will pick up the motor after you pulled it out of the bike and have it done at a machine shop then return it to you to have the rest of the work done.

I dont have much experience with atv or motorcycle engines so thats why im looking for someone else. And I have a feeling the ATV shops around me are going to charge an arm and a leg.

Let me know if you are interested in this job and tell me a little bit about how much experience you have and about how much you would charge. I am located in Vero Beach so any one from Daytona down to West Palm or in the Orlando area will be easiest to work with. I dont really want some one more than 2 hours away, but if you are far away still let me know if you have a lot of experience with this and maybe we can work something out.
« Last Edit: November 27, 2006, 02:20:07 PM by xr100racer » Logged
lugnuts
Supreme Member

Finally, ATVFlorida.com is here!

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #1 on: November 27, 2006, 07:48:47 PM »

im in st.pete about and hour and a half from orlando area I can bore your cylinder and do all work I have 16yrs as a master certified tech and work in a dealership

call me if you want to talk
steve
727-432-0270

2004 raptor 660r 
2006 lt80 daughter's
2006 kfx80 son's
2006 ltz 400
My son Tyler #191 on his 2006 drr 70
2010 sponsor's Modded Motorsports,East cost performance,sky power sports,lost creek cycles,vp gas,V&M racing,NBS performance,falicon,the nales family tom lisa and tc
www.moddedmotorsports.com
xr100racer

« Reply #2 on: November 27, 2006, 09:02:04 PM »

550superquad hooked me up with a guy in fellsmere which is only half an hour for me. He has his own shop and quoted me for $250 on the labor and can bore in house. im sure you do good work but this will be a little easier for me. thanks for the reply steve and everyone for all the PM's.

but if anyone knows any one as close as fellsmere for cheaper let me know. but it looks like ill be going with the guy in fellsmere......thanks
cutngrs
Supreme Member

PUT UP $$$ OR SHUT THE HELL UP

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #3 on: November 27, 2006, 09:09:43 PM »

go  to atp they make them four stroke rock

THE ORANGE CRUSH BANSHEE  
WWW.MYBANSHEE/IS/FASTER/THAN/YOURS.COM
IF YOU WANT TO RUN WITH THE BIG DOGS GIVE US A CALL
Mrs.Nightbreed
Supreme Member

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #4 on: November 27, 2006, 09:43:26 PM »

Just north of Orlando. You don't need your whole engine removed from the chassis, just the top end. We have machine shop equipment in house.

We charge 275.00 for a top-end rebuild and 40.00 to bore it out. If we can help give us call, and we will be happy to get it taken care of for you. 407-880-3171
xr100racer

« Reply #5 on: November 27, 2006, 10:03:05 PM »

yeah, i just found out the motor didnt need to be pulled. i think im gunna stick with the guy 30mins away for $250. thanks though
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

Other Florida sites of interest: www.PinballShark.com