Home ATV Florida Forum ATV Florida Where to Ride? ATV Florida Links Advertise

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length

Home   Help Search Calendar Login Register  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: NEVER let your brother ride your bike!!  (Read 2384 times)
MPTonyT

View Profile

Ignore
« on: November 23, 2006, 09:18:48 PM »

so the family and i went out today for some quality riding time. when my brother (15 yrs old) asks me to ride my Raptor 660 (hes never been on anything bigger than a 250). Not thinking to much i let him and off he went. 15, 20, 30 mins goes by and where's Chris(my brother)? cant find him and when he finally calls on the Nextel its the hey come and get me phone call....  uh oh.......... we go and find him and this is what i saw.......

thank god hes ok but the bike didnt fair so well...... so i think the bikes down for the weekend and everyone wants to still ride and of course no yamaha shop in the area has the A-Arms in stock till my step dad says hey i can put a band-aid on that for the weekend but you'll still need to get new ones after that.....

thank god the weekend isnt ruined after all.... thank god for jerry rigging......
« Last Edit: November 23, 2006, 09:23:43 PM by MPTonyT » Logged

2003 Yamaha Raptor 660R
dynodon
Supreme Member

Ocala racing team

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #1 on: November 23, 2006, 09:21:58 PM »

Parts are replacable !!!!!, be thankful your brother wasnt seriosly hurt!!!!

The " Black Pearl "
No, you dont want NONE of it
xr100racer

« Reply #2 on: November 23, 2006, 09:29:52 PM »

that happened to me in the exact same spot but its not that bad, i never fixed it. where did you guys go riding?
450rcrazy

« Reply #3 on: November 23, 2006, 09:57:17 PM »

That sucks but like every one else said atleast he is ok.Time to put him to work to pay for the repairs , it would be a good lesson on how to respect other peoples property and return things in as good or better condition then when borrowed.Accidents happen you may be able to get a barely used one off e-bay or elsewhere from some one who has upgraded to aftermarket a-frames.Good thing he had a way to get hold of you so you could find him.If he tries to make it up to you by helping fix it or work it off, you should give him another chance at riding it after all he is your brother.Take it easy and have a good holiday weekend.
k.p.
Supreme Member

6 in a row makes it go!

View Profile WWW

Ignore
« Reply #4 on: November 23, 2006, 10:15:45 PM »

yeah ive seen and heard how my bro rags on my quad. hes never ever riding it again...i also think he made my clutch problem worse!
klutchbuster400
Supreme Member

Cuz the chicks dig it.

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #5 on: November 23, 2006, 11:05:11 PM »

Good excuse of after market a-arms. Better yet make him pay for it!!!!! Evil
MPTonyT

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #6 on: November 23, 2006, 11:41:17 PM »

aftermarket a arms are not in the picture just yet due to it barely fits in my truck as it is but... once the old lady gets a quad and we get a trailer its game on. i plan to get some slightly used ones on ebay as i have already bid on them.

450 Crazy - he lives in PSL and i live in Clearwater so he wont be able to help but i did sink their quad about 4 months ago and it has cost them about a grand to get it back running. so i guess i made out on the good side of things.

XR - we rode Powerline today - where i told you about off Gatlin. they are doing a bunch of construction back there is its a little confined as to where you can ride but it was still a good time. i do know we are riding all day tomorrow...... sorry you have to work.... we should be going out SAT and SUN for a little bit as i have other things to do those days.

in the future i do plan to completely upgrade the front end.... new A Arms, elka or YFZ450 shocks im not sure which yet.... then do a little widening on the rear as well but that is in due time and our next investment is more than likely a new Yamaha for the old lady. looking at maybe a Wolverine 450 as i think it would be a great bike to ride as well.

2003 Yamaha Raptor 660R
B.MURRAy

« Reply #7 on: November 24, 2006, 08:43:42 AM »

that sucks, glad hes ok though.  What did he hit, a tree or something? 
backwoods boy
Supreme Member

REBEL MOTORSPORTS

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #8 on: November 24, 2006, 11:28:55 AM »

you sank there quad n it cost a grand top fix i woulda a dun blown yer injen seen what a rappy sounds like goin 55 in 2nd gear Evil

NObama08 '' nigga please its the WHITE house''
LIVE FAST-PLAY HARD-DIE LAUGHING
B.MURRAy

« Reply #9 on: November 24, 2006, 11:34:50 AM »

you sank there quad n it cost a grand top fix i woulda a dun blown yer injen seen what a rappy sounds like goin 55 in 2nd gear Evil

Cheesy Cheesy Cheesy Cheesy Cheesy Cheesy Cheesy Cheesy
MPTonyT

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #10 on: November 24, 2006, 04:46:23 PM »

actaully what had happened was. we had went through a bunch of water the day thiers quit working and i didnt realize that trhe case was cracked co of course water mixed with the oil and we all know how the rest goes..... they ended up replacing other thing at the same time just because it needed it like sprockets, chain and chain guide. the quad only cost them $100.00 (86 Honda 250X)

2003 Yamaha Raptor 660R
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

Other Florida sites of interest: www.PinballShark.com