Home ATV Florida Forum ATV Florida Where to Ride? ATV Florida Links Advertise

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length

Home   Help Search Calendar Login Register  
Pages: 1 2 3 [4]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: WHAT'S GONNA TAKE TO HAVE MEMBERS SHOW UP !!!!!!!!!  (Read 24076 times)
Loven It
Supreme Member

Finally! ATVFlorida.com is here!

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #75 on: November 17, 2006, 09:32:52 AM »

I think Polk County would be the best since it is in the middle of the state and they are talking about an OHV park. I can try to find some locations in Winter Haven, I live here and know people. I am thinking the fair grounds would be big enough if we can get plenty of people here. Just let me know and I will find out what we need to use that area. It is right on a main road through town just off of US 17. I think we will be better off to plan one every other month in different counties so they all can see that we are serious. 

i will pay you a batch of cookies to see what it will take for us to secure the fairground area for a saturday or sunday or the weekend Wink i think that new years is to soon and people will be broke from christmas so i would say around feb. or march
Good thing I didnt post this until now or I wouldnt have gotten my cookie offer. I am calling the guy today who is incharge of the fair grounds. I will find out when the fair is so we dont schedule the same weekend because we would be out of a venue. I would like the chocolate chip please Grin

bigscrub - just so I am on the right page...is this the fair grounds that the State Fair is at? Not sure what fair grounds you guys are talking about..

99 Honda 400ex
01 Polaris Trailblazer
06 Honda 90cc
05 Kazuma 50cc

https://www.nationalmssociety.org//FLC/personal/default.asp?pa=52649935&pd=FLC0EMS120060429WWT
Bigscrb15
Supreme Member

I'm a Florida Mud Rider

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #76 on: November 17, 2006, 10:36:41 AM »

I think Polk County would be the best since it is in the middle of the state and they are talking about an OHV park. I can try to find some locations in Winter Haven, I live here and know people. I am thinking the fair grounds would be big enough if we can get plenty of people here. Just let me know and I will find out what we need to use that area. It is right on a main road through town just off of US 17. I think we will be better off to plan one every other month in different counties so they all can see that we are serious. 

i will pay you a batch of cookies to see what it will take for us to secure the fairground area for a saturday or sunday or the weekend Wink i think that new years is to soon and people will be broke from christmas so i would say around feb. or march
Good thing I didnt post this until now or I wouldnt have gotten my cookie offer. I am calling the guy today who is incharge of the fair grounds. I will find out when the fair is so we dont schedule the same weekend because we would be out of a venue. I would like the chocolate chip please Grin

bigscrub - just so I am on the right page...is this the fair grounds that the State Fair is at? Not sure what fair grounds you guys are talking about..

It is the Fair Grounds the Cirtus festival is held at. It is also next to and shares the parking lot with the Cleveland Indians spring training stadium.

"When once you have tasted flight, you will forever walk the earth with your eyes turned skyward, for there you have been, and there you will always long to return."
Joe Porter

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #77 on: November 17, 2006, 12:47:16 PM »

I am new member to this forum but have been a long time reader. With that being said I know the pain of losing places to ride and race.  Anytime there is a meeting with any Gov. officials people that ride atv's of any kind need to show up in full force!!
Most politicians are not "out to get" the atv's. Gov. officials and politicians don't "act" on something they "react". By that I mean when someone b!tchs about atv's then they pass or make laws against atv's.
Here in Kentucky there are many places to ride but most are on private land, but one town in eastern Ky took maters into there own hands, took an old coal strip mine and turned it into a atv park. www.atvaonline.com/Ride/Evarts_KY.asp is a link to it. If you obey the laws you can ride on the streets in Evarts,Ky now how cool is that?
With a little work every one can be a winner.
« Last Edit: November 17, 2006, 01:02:48 PM by Joe Porter » Logged
miamigirlrider

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #78 on: November 17, 2006, 02:35:51 PM »

Well, I am back!!!!

So weres all the guys that were whining about us going to their "SECRET SPOTS"? Why are you not complaining in person instead of a forum behind a computer? Why are you not asking elected officials to find atv riders a legal and safe are to take our kids to ride instead of us going to your "SECRET SPOT"? Why are you not telling your government your concerns?Point is DO SOMETHING AND STOP BITCHING!!!!

And for the negative people that are always saying we are not going to get anything, this I say to you...

THE TEACHER BITCHED AND PROTEST AND IT WASN"T EASY BUT THEY GOT WHAT THEY WANTED FROM THE SCHOOL BOARD....MORE MONEY"!!!!!!

ITS ALL ABOUT PERSISTENCE AND NOT GIVING UP!!!!!! Nerd [/b]
« Last Edit: November 17, 2006, 02:38:16 PM by miamigirlrider » Logged

bigscrub79
Supreme Member

I'm a Florida Mud Rider!

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #79 on: November 17, 2006, 02:41:58 PM »

So is this spot good for everyone? I need to give the guy an idea of when it will be and if there are only the 6 or so people on here talking about it then I wont worry. It will probably cost money and at the very least time. WE NEED MORE PEOPLE TO GET INVOLVED!!!! If we could get 200 people to show up on a saturday and got the media out there then we might get some point across. I know, like many of yall on here, that I cant get to any of these meetings because they are in the middle of the week. We need a big turn out to show them there are more people interested but we work and cant make it to the weekday meetings.

« Last Edit: November 17, 2006, 03:47:57 PM by bigscrub79 » Logged

eldiablo64
Supreme Member

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #80 on: November 17, 2006, 02:44:12 PM »

sounds good to me

TAKE IT OUT AND PLAY WITH IT     AT THE  FLORIDAMOTOPLEX.com
Thrumud
Supreme Member

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #81 on: November 17, 2006, 02:58:08 PM »

Thanks to those that are trying to find a spot for a HUGE group meeting of ATVFLORIDA members. Great Job !  Please if you find a location in Polk county let me know the availability, we may try to do something after the Holidays. We will post a poll to see when everyone can show up.

Again thanks for your help

bigscrub79
Supreme Member

I'm a Florida Mud Rider!

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #82 on: November 17, 2006, 03:03:17 PM »

I have a message into the guy who runs the place. I will give him until monday afternoon to return my call if not I can try someone else who has rule over him. I will let you know when I hear something.

Gato
Supreme Member

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #83 on: November 17, 2006, 03:57:53 PM »

Im good any weekend with enough notice and I have a group of5-10 bikes that can show with a total of maybe 20 heads to account for the cause

2008 Yamaha Rhino 700FI(camo)
2002 Arctic Cat 400i 4x4
2010 Arctic CAt 700 h1
lswjth2
Supreme Member

Finally, ATVFlorida.com is here!

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #84 on: November 17, 2006, 04:27:05 PM »

Miamigirlrider makes some very good points. We need to unite as ONE, if we dont, we are divided and conquered by the powers to be. I have nothing but good things to say for the folks over at atvmiaxtreme and northportoffroad. They have taken the time, written the e-mails and called the people to force the issue of a riding area here in Collier county, this is not where they live, but they saw a friend in need and are friends INDEED. I do not ride in any county except where I live, but i try to post information in here everytime i come accross it to help my "friends" with issues that can potentially affect them. There are about 5,000 registered users, i do not know how many are active. If we were to collect $5.00 a month to establish a legal fund, thats $25,000 a month or 300,000 a year!!!! Unfortunately we cannot seem to come together as a "group" here,hopefully this will change and we will become a force for change.

"Within each of us is a hidden store of energy.   
Energy we can release to compete in the marathon 
of life  Within each of us is a hidden store of   
courage. Courage to give us the strength to face 
any challenge  Within each of us is a hidden store
of determination. Determination to keep us in the
race when all seems lost "

Roger Dawson                       
miamigirlrider

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #85 on: November 17, 2006, 04:34:43 PM »

Ok Issue was resolved lets leave this Sebring in the past please.

Let just unite for the same cause... SAFE AND LEGAL RIDING AREAS ALL OVER FLORIDA!

Regardless if its by appearance, email, money, letters, flyers just become involved.

thanks you lswjth2 for all your hard work, I only wish I could do more.

Now lets ride and lets get some more legal places.

Have a great weekend eveyrone and stay safe.

SWAMP_DONKEY

« Reply #86 on: November 17, 2006, 05:18:35 PM »

Well, I am back!!!!

So weres all the guys that were whining about us going to their "SECRET SPOTS"? Why are you not complaining in person instead of a forum behind a computer? Why are you not asking elected officials to find atv riders a legal and safe are to take our kids to ride instead of us going to your "SECRET SPOT"? Why are you not telling your government your concerns?Point is DO SOMETHING AND STOP BITCHING!!!!

And for the negative people that are always saying we are not going to get anything, this I say to you...

THE TEACHER BITCHED AND PROTEST AND IT WASN"T EASY BUT THEY GOT WHAT THEY WANTED FROM THE SCHOOL BOARD....MORE MONEY"!!!!!!

Miami, We have gone to the board of county commisioners in a large group several times asking what happend to all the registration money they collected that was to go for riding spots and we never get the same answer. I will gladly go to any large meeting to try and help, thank you for yoyr efforts.

Swamp
brewcoll

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #87 on: November 19, 2006, 03:41:33 PM »

Well, I am back!!!!

Miami, We have gone to the board of county commisioners in a large group several times asking what happend to all the registration money they collected that was to go for riding spots and we never get the same answer. I will gladly go to any large meeting to try and help, thank you for yoyr efforts.

Swamp

T.V. news stations are usually all over "investigative stories" like this to find out where our money goes to especially when there is suspition that fraud or misappropriation could be involved. Someone should let a few news stations know about this and get some mutch needed publicity for our cause as well.
dreth

« Reply #88 on: November 20, 2006, 07:56:51 AM »

so lets start a post and ask for some much needed help from the moderators! i am home sick today so i will do some begging to the big boss Wink keep your eyes open because if my idea will be put into effect it could be very effective Wink
Bigscrb15
Supreme Member

I'm a Florida Mud Rider

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #89 on: November 20, 2006, 09:35:07 AM »

so lets start a post and ask for some much needed help from the moderators! i am home sick today so i will do some begging to the big boss Wink keep your eyes open because if my idea will be put into effect it could be very effective Wink

home sick??? But well enough for a weekend of nice riding?Huh HA!!! someone is playing hookie. j/k
whats your idea?

"When once you have tasted flight, you will forever walk the earth with your eyes turned skyward, for there you have been, and there you will always long to return."
dreth

« Reply #90 on: November 22, 2006, 08:14:24 AM »

got sick while riding Wink

lets keep this in sight till i get a response
1FasterBlaster

« Reply #91 on: November 22, 2006, 10:47:22 AM »

Here is my number if anyone wants to carpool to the protest on the 29th.(727)204-0883 Chino.I don't know if were taking our quads or just picketting with signs.If anyone knows, let me know.I'm also trying to get some of my riding buddies to go.
Fox17
Supreme Member

Go Gators!!

View Profile WWW

Ignore
« Reply #92 on: November 22, 2006, 10:56:31 AM »

are there any meetings in brevard? i cant drive to miami to attend a meeting. that is a 4 hour drive.

i was bein sarcastic bout the money thing, but there is nothing else workin obviously. if you want me to do something let me know and ill try but i dont know what to do.  Huh
dreth

« Reply #93 on: November 23, 2006, 08:26:40 AM »

are there any meetings in brevard? i cant drive to miami to attend a meeting. that is a 4 hour drive.

i was bein sarcastic bout the money thing, but there is nothing else workin obviously. if you want me to do something let me know and ill try but i dont know what to do.  Huh

thank you Fox17. just keep an open mind  Wink
Pages: 1 2 3 [4]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

Other Florida sites of interest: www.PinballShark.com