Home ATV Florida Forum ATV Florida Where to Ride? ATV Florida Links Advertise

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length

Home   Help Search Calendar Login Register  
Poll
Question: on average how much do you spend in mods when you purchase a new quad before you are satisfied with your new ride?
0-300.00
301.00-700.00
701.00-1100.00
1101.00-1500.00
1501.00-2000.00
2001.00-on up

Pages: [1] 2  All   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: how much $ in mods to your quads  (Read 11108 times)
450rcrazy

« on: November 07, 2006, 06:13:36 PM »

just curious?
bigscrub79
Supreme Member

I'm a Florida Mud Rider!

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #1 on: November 07, 2006, 06:15:07 PM »

Ive got a utility and have only put about 600 in it so far but by the time i get my works or elka shocks it will be much more.

450rcrazy

« Reply #2 on: November 07, 2006, 06:38:44 PM »

I keep adding new parts but still not how I want it yet.
Mrs.Nightbreed
Supreme Member

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #3 on: November 07, 2006, 06:42:29 PM »

shocks 2000.00
dampner 500.00
a-arms 1000.00
linkage 450.00
engine 1000-2500
wheels/tires 700.00
bars 60.00
killswitch 30.00
propeg nerfs 250-300

and then there is the custom powdercoating.....

needless to say, after selling the Yamaha I won't have a new quad built any time soon.....
TBR

Finally! ATVFlorida.com is here!

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #4 on: November 07, 2006, 06:52:47 PM »

Quad plus mods $$$$$$$$$$$$$$ very pricey

Time spent with sons riding quads------ Priceless
Eric5555
Supreme Member

View Profile WWW

Ignore
« Reply #5 on: November 07, 2006, 07:05:05 PM »

about 800

http://www.cashcrate.com/index.php?ref=237418

2007 kx250f
2006 kx250f
2003 rm250

FOR SALE:
2003 rm250
-MESSAGE ME
trx#9
Supreme Member

Manager at Seaman's Sausage House and Adult Movies

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #6 on: November 07, 2006, 10:36:41 PM »

Over 10,000 in each of my 3 TRX'S   Embarrassed

"A SPECIAL THANKS TO MY SPONSORS"
Big Knob racing!, NewMembers Mom!
 Sacks Gloryhole at the Little Bar!
Qawd32 Colon massage inc.!
Fuzzy Pickle race team!
Fox17
Supreme Member

Go Gators!!

View Profile WWW

Ignore
« Reply #7 on: November 07, 2006, 10:58:21 PM »

how much do i hace done? round 500. before im totally satisfied? well over 2k.
TRX450R_Racer
Retired Racer
Supreme Member

**** Frank **** **FF&J Racing**

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #8 on: November 08, 2006, 02:29:36 PM »

About $9000 plus the price of the quad when it was new.

Member of South East Florida Trail Riders

Life's to short, wear a helmet.
Dress for the crash, not for the ride.
Ripped off by Brandon George.
jeepnrocks

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #9 on: November 08, 2006, 08:52:01 PM »

I actually try not to think about it  Cry

Check us out if you have a 450.. or any quad for that matter!!
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v322/jeepnrocks/hqlogo33.jpg
MOTOCROSS MAVERICK
Supreme Member

RACE LIKE ITS GOING TO BE YOUR LAST RACE!

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #10 on: November 08, 2006, 08:55:09 PM »

your scale is way to small for me!

Ride1Rob
Supreme Member

YFZ 450!!!

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #11 on: November 08, 2006, 10:23:53 PM »

I've spent around 5K in aftermarket parts that are on my bike now. It's only that low b/c quite a few of the parts I got at cost and some other stuff I got some deals on Thumbs Up . Now if I were to add up what I shoulda payed on those parts it'd be ahella lot higher  Undecided .
« Last Edit: November 08, 2006, 10:30:56 PM by Ride1Rob » Logged

If it'll run... I'm ridin'!!!
The Quad FaJa
Supreme Member

05 KFX 440 "4 Sale"

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #12 on: November 08, 2006, 11:01:59 PM »

The newest one has about $7500 in Mods less the price of the quad.
klutchbuster400
Supreme Member

Cuz the chicks dig it.

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #13 on: November 08, 2006, 11:04:22 PM »

about 3540
and thats WITH the quad Wink
quadsonly4

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #14 on: November 08, 2006, 11:15:43 PM »

12000-14000 on each of the three bikes
450R_Matt
Supreme Member

TRX 250R #18

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #15 on: November 08, 2006, 11:36:51 PM »

You can check my post in the photo gallery (project 450R) I spent about $3500 so far and then the little 200 here 300 there will start after I test it out.

Proud to still own one of the badest quads ever built
               The Honda TRX250R
Got rid of the 4 poke and resurrected another dinosaur
450rcrazy

« Reply #16 on: November 09, 2006, 09:07:14 PM »

dreth

« Reply #17 on: November 09, 2006, 09:18:56 PM »

AMEN TO THAT
450rcrazy

« Reply #18 on: November 09, 2006, 09:37:15 PM »

hence the and up part
450rcrazy

« Reply #19 on: November 09, 2006, 09:45:52 PM »

the reason for this poll is I am working on a buisness plan ,to start an aftermarket bolt on accessory manufacturing company for the orv industry.Part of the major hurdle is getting financing for the equipment neccesary to start such a buisness .I have to show there is a good market for the buisness to sustain itself with before a lender will even think about it.My vision is to raise the quality standard of parts that are available and bring the manufacturing back to the U.S.A were it belongs I dont know about you but I look at the quality of parts I have recieved and been disapointed many times.I would also like any suggestions of parts you would like to see made that are not available at this time or are of poor quality.one project I am already working on is a electric start kit for the trx90's.
Ida_Mann
Supreme Member

Location: There may be times when we are powerless to prevent injustice, but there must never be a time when we fail to protest.

I own and wear a purple sombrero

View Profile WWW

Ignore
« Reply #20 on: November 09, 2006, 09:57:48 PM »

depends on which quad,,,my utility I'd be happy if it were just reliable, I just got it back from the shop a few weeks ago and rode it once with a new battery,,,,,I tried to start it yesterday to find a dead battery.

My 99 400 has had so much stuff done to it I lost count,,,,but I love it all.

Id@

Id@ M@nn

www.facebook.com/IdaShotMe
'99 Honda 400EX ATP'd (quietly making noise)
'02 Honda Foreman Rubicon
'00 Honda TRX90
8 X 20 Enclosed hauler/camper
"Show me a smooth operation and I'll show you someone who is hiding mistakes, real boats rock."
Loven It
Supreme Member

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #21 on: November 10, 2006, 12:03:29 PM »

the reason for this poll is I am working on a buisness plan ,to start an aftermarket bolt on accessory manufacturing company for the orv industry.Part of the major hurdle is getting financing for the equipment neccesary to start such a buisness .I have to show there is a good market for the buisness to sustain itself with before a lender will even think about it.My vision is to raise the quality standard of parts that are available and bring the manufacturing back to the U.S.A were it belongs I dont know about you but I look at the quality of parts I have recieved and been disapointed many times.I would also like any suggestions of parts you would like to see made that are not available at this time or are of poor quality.one project I am already working on is a electric start kit for the trx90's.

That is something that NO ONE makes. I did a post in the tech corner about it and someone suggested a number I could try, I called them and they said no too! That is after calling about 15 other places. Good luck and let me know if you come up with anything. I know I am not the only one out there that NEEDS this!

99 Honda 400ex
01 Polaris Trailblazer
06 Honda 90cc
05 Kazuma 50cc

https://www.nationalmssociety.org//FLC/personal/default.asp?pa=52649935&pd=FLC0EMS120060429WWT
Cain

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #22 on: November 10, 2006, 12:28:08 PM »

I for one applaud your goal. I think it's great that someone wants to provide a superior quality product. But in my opinion that's not the only hundle. It appears that some riders buy products for the name brand as much as for the performance. Thus the success of some companies that haven't stepped up the quality of their stuff that are still doing well. So not only do you need to secure teh money for the equipment, but also get your name out there so it's not in vain. You need to make sure your stuff is better than the other guys' but it could be slow going until your name brand is out and recognized as good, desirable stuff. I think someone with your goals can definitely do well as long as you're building a better mouse trap and not trying to break everyone's bank with huge profit margins on every item. Best of luck.

Hypocrites suck !

06 Predator LE - Rath +2arms, rath scoops, Rath grab bar, Rath intake, K&N, Rath propeg nerfs, Custom Axis coming soon, wave rotor , billet inline coolers, Lonestar axle, Xbars and clamp, Magura hydraulic clutch, Pro armor bumper, Razr 2's, Pro Armor skid, some other stuf
UncleRico
Supreme Member

"Crazy, Insane?"

View Profile WWW

Ignore
« Reply #23 on: November 10, 2006, 12:40:03 PM »

Bring manufacturing back to the US? Surely you jest. Labor is far too expensive here for items with such a small profit margin. What you need to do is bring quality control implements to China, or the new labor emerging market India (They're undercutting the chinesse wage). Then you would fix your problem with getting crappy parts. But I'm guessing you can't speak Cantoneese or Swahili.

Sorry to bring you down, man.

PM me though, and I'll put you in touch with my contact from NASTA. They are a Taiwanesse manufacturer of aftermarket stainless steel products. I'll get you a dealer prices if you're serious.

UNLUCKY #13 RACING  "I want to thank my sponsors, Jack Cass Bail Bonds, The Cleveland Steamer Carpet Cleaner Company, The Rusty Trombone Pub, and Dirty Sanchez's Liquor and Check Cashing."
MOTOCROSS MAVERICK
Supreme Member

RACE LIKE ITS GOING TO BE YOUR LAST RACE!

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #24 on: November 10, 2006, 12:47:16 PM »

hence the and up part

the and up part is still to small!  Cheesy

Pages: [1] 2  All   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

Other Florida sites of interest: www.PinballShark.com