Home ATV Florida Forum ATV Florida Where to Ride? ATV Florida Links Advertise

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length

Home   Help Search Calendar Login Register  
Pages: [1] 2  All   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: 11/4/06 Thunder Bowl  (Read 12506 times)
01ZX12R
Supreme Member

Its all fun and games till the flag drops!!!

View Profile

Ignore
« on: November 05, 2006, 03:18:54 AM »

Chris our thoughts and prayers are with you. Hope it is nothing serious. Please give us an update when u are up to it.

K&K Motorsports 
Full Spectrum Racing
06' YFZ450  #12
08' KFX450  #21
08' LTR450   #132
01ZX12R
Supreme Member

Its all fun and games till the flag drops!!!

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #1 on: November 05, 2006, 03:21:04 AM »

Scooter GREAT JOB tonight. The same goes for Dorian and Dreth. We made the best out of an oil slick tonight fellas.

Brady man you getting better another nite with no damage on the visor..

K&K Motorsports 
Full Spectrum Racing
06' YFZ450  #12
08' KFX450  #21
08' LTR450   #132
HillKiller
Supreme Member

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #2 on: November 05, 2006, 04:19:01 AM »

Chris our thoughts and prayers are with you. Hope it is nothing serious. Please give us an update when u are up to it.

Wayne,
 We just got home so I guess I missed you by just a few minutes. Chris is home too although not real comfortable. Thank you for your help keeping Chris stable and calm. And to Dreth, I want you to know as I said after the wreck, don't sweat it. I know you felt alot of guilt but you and Chris were racing hard and the track just wasn't as gripping as most of us like. You spun but don't forget, numerous other riders did too throughout the night. Chris told me to tell you he never once blamed you.  I don't remember who else was helping with Chris but I want to give a huge thanks to anyone who did and also to all the guys who helped me get loaded up and on the road..thanks!
  After the helicopter ride, Chris had some scans and the results were normal. Still alot of swelling but after a week or so I imagine he'll be much better. Right now he has alot of pain and walks real slow. I haven't surveyed that bike damage yet. To the gentleman who loaded Chris a front right tire and wheel, Chris asked me to make sure I get it back to you. Pm me and I will ship it or I can give it to you in Valdosta on Nov 18 or on Ocala 2 weeks after Valdosta. 
  The points will get posted as soon as possible but everyone keep in mind it may be an extra day before the track sends over the score sheets.
                   Dave

www.SouthernDirtTrackAssociation.Com

Special thanks to my sponsor:
WareRacing Engines

Sunoco Race Fuel Distributor
5 gal pails 110,112,116
See me at the track or email me here
derek330
Supreme Member

Thanks to all my CREW!!! 2010 champ!

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #3 on: November 05, 2006, 05:17:22 AM »

Dave,

I am very glad to hear that Chris is doing O.K. He seems to have some bad luck, reminds me of Derek, It must be engine builder syndrome...LOL. Anyways, I hope he recovers 100% real soon. I look forward to seeing him and you at Valdosta in a couple weeks.

P.S. Dave this is Scott, we just got in to Moultrie.

2010 SDTA OPEN CLASS CHAMP!
        > Mystic Motorsports<
     The innovators not the imitators!   
     <Performance 2-stroke engines>
     3 TIME open class championship engine
      builder and tuner.
1fastltr450
Supreme Member

Super Fast Racer

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #4 on: November 05, 2006, 08:32:48 AM »

Glad to hear your ok. Thought and prayers with you.Hope you can make Valdosta.

Scott you lucky duck, Thanks for the $25 to let you win that race. I thought about just smokin you but after the money I couldnt do that. lol.  No but on a serious note thanks for letting me have your place in the money run. It was great experiance for me on a track like that, more laps = better racer.

2007 Maximum TT Series Open class Champion

AMA 2007 Winter National Short Track Series Open Class Winner

Hair color helps you win.

www.SouthernFlatTrackLeague.Com

Thanks to my sponsors:
 Krome n Kustomz (K & K Motorsports)
 Mystic Motorsports  (Their only 4-poke)
LT-R450ApK
Supreme Member

Dont Become the Pink Panther

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #5 on: November 05, 2006, 09:46:01 AM »

I'm glad to hear Chris is gonna  Be ok,Get some rest and heal up man!
last  night was crazy i dont think there was a "Perfect" set up for that condition,But thats why i like ocala so much it always keeps you on yor toes! GJ to everyone Looks Like Brady and Rick have been practicing and it shows! Wayne the monkey man palmer that was some sick ass riding style last night

Ight im off to the track for some practice!

Zuk 4Fiddy Lots O Stuff
Faster to list whats stock
blindkaeta
Supreme Member

Hey guys watch this........... ouch

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #6 on: November 05, 2006, 12:29:00 PM »

Glad to hear its not serious with Chris. 

Great riding Scooter I think we had the closest race of the night.  Mabey next time I will come out on top.

Congrats to Scott for the championship win, good job!
Scott270r

Mystic Motorsports #5

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #7 on: November 05, 2006, 12:44:33 PM »

Thanks Dorian,

I am looking forward to hanging out at the track and just enjoying the show. Its been a great year, outside of Jasper, it was a perfect season.

1998 GFTL Open Pro Champion
2006 SFTL Open Class Champion

......Thanks Derek

Mystic Motorsports - 3 Time Champions....Congratulations Derek on a great 2010 season!!!

http://i114.photobucket.com/albums/n270/scott270r/Race_Mystic.jpg
Quad32x
Supreme Member

Work My Sausage !

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #8 on: November 05, 2006, 02:28:14 PM »

Glad to hear Chris is ok. I`ll bet Scully is alittle sore today too ! Shocked TskTsk

Team LFG , Local Fat Guys.
Mystic Motorsports Vet Class Rider #32
Hoosier Daddy
Southern Flat Track League
Supreme Member

Team WareRacing Member #07

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #9 on: November 05, 2006, 02:47:06 PM »

Hey Yall! Im alive!! although i dont really feel like it... Dead    I can honestly say this is the worst pain I have had im my life! The DRs said everything is where it should be but, I have some Kidney brusing. Although, Doug and Dave had to pretty much carry me in the motor home when I left the hospital but it could have been worse!  Dreth please dont sweat it, racing deals are just that... no hard feelings and I thank you for your concern. I dont get upset over accidents. To Wayne and who else was talking me through this (I could only see shoes from my view point) Thank you, you have no idea how much that helped when you think the worst has just happened to you. The EMT at Tbowl is first class, I hoped I would never have to find this out myself.. but now that I have, his bedside manner is second to none. If anyone has that on video I would like to see it... I really dont remember what happened, when I hit the ground the first time I had this "eletrical shock" feeling go through my back and im not real clear on what happed after that.

I didnt get a chance to get the scoring done. Could someone send me the finishing order so I can get the points posted up. Also, Did anyone take winners circle pics? If so, can ya email me those plz...

Thanks again guys,
Chris

BLISS Feed, Hay, and Race Fuels Zephyrhills, Fl
"Character is what you have when no one is looking"
HondaATC

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #10 on: November 05, 2006, 02:53:45 PM »

Dang Chris, sounds like you had a real get off  Shocked Good to hear your alright though. I'm still planning on making it up to Valdosta with my ATC, waiting on parts to come in. We gonna see ya up there racing or you gonna sit one out to recuperate?

1996 Laeger TRX250R
1985 CR500 powered ATC250R
1986 ATC250R
Quad32x
Supreme Member

Work My Sausage !

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #11 on: November 05, 2006, 02:56:24 PM »

Well just to let you know Chris your going to look like this .............  Shocked Shocked Shocked   And to think that Superquad550 rode away from that crash !  Oh my god!

[attachment deleted by admin]

1fastltr450
Supreme Member

Super Fast Racer

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #12 on: November 05, 2006, 03:22:47 PM »

I've got the pics...I'll upload them now and email them to you. They wouldn't give me the scores last night. The girls said either you or Dave would have to call and get them today during practice.

Glad to see you are up and typing!!!
Lisbeth

Thanks to my sponsors:
dreth

« Reply #13 on: November 05, 2006, 03:23:47 PM »

Chris i am very glad that you are ok Wink i was not even aware that we were that close till i saw you flipping into the fence and by then it was all over. i would like to see it on video too. i brought a tape that was full so my wife had to use wayne's camera and he is the only one that can see the footage as of now Huh i feel better knowing that you are ok and that you know it was not intentional! get better soon and milk it as long as you can Wink Cheesy
dreth

« Reply #14 on: November 05, 2006, 03:29:41 PM »

good racing to all in all classes!!!!!!!!!! Dorian was looking great for so little seat time, Scooter was holding the bottom as usual, Scott and David put on another good show, and everyone is getting faster.

I HAD A BLAST and will see yall in 1 month at ocala. Wink
1fastltr450
Supreme Member

Super Fast Racer

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #15 on: November 05, 2006, 07:00:06 PM »

I HAD A BLAST and will see yall in 1 month at ocala.

You not going to make it to Valdosta.

Thanks to my sponsors:
Skully

I Wanna Fo Fast............

View Profile WWW

Ignore
« Reply #16 on: November 05, 2006, 07:03:40 PM »

Great to hear from you Chris, and glad to hear it's not a real serious injury, although pissing blood prolly won't be that much fun. In a way, I feel responsible, since I started last night's flip-fest (It WAS a full moon Ya know....) Embarrassed  And I was trying to share my 30 years of racing experience and show everyone what NOT to do!  And yes Tim..... I am a little sore today.

On a brighter note, I got to hang out with Super550 and Quad32X the rest of the night........ WOW..... The things I heard and learned!!! All I'm going to say is that Tim said don't EVER sleep with Super550. I didn't ask for an explanation, I just made a quick mental note of that, and went on to the next of many topics! It was great to finally meet you Tim!!

Congrats to Scott, Scooter, and Rocket Boy on the #32 TRX........ Man.... Can that kid on the #32 bring it or what!!!! That quad is hands down the best combination at Ocala (Only place I've seen him run) as far as setup, skill, and racing smarts. He looks like a CRA/USAC non-wing sprint at Ascot in the old days!!!

Glad to hear everyone is OK, Congrats again to all the winners as there was great racing all night, and I had a ball!!

Jim

450R_Matt
Supreme Member

TRX 250R #18

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #17 on: November 05, 2006, 08:36:00 PM »

Chris,
Glad to here you are ok.

Im glad someone is getting use out of my old 250R. That thing was a blast on the FT..

Proud to still own one of the badest quads ever built
               The Honda TRX250R
Got rid of the 4 poke and resurrected another dinosaur
dreth

« Reply #18 on: November 05, 2006, 09:22:25 PM »

I HAD A BLAST and will see yall in 1 month at ocala.

You not going to make it to Valdosta.

i wont be there. to far to drive to ride around in a circle, plus i need a change so it looks like i will be hitting the trails Cheesy
derek330
Supreme Member

Thanks to all my CREW!!! 2010 champ!

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #19 on: November 05, 2006, 09:28:38 PM »

good to hear your ok chris !! Clapper : that was a close one!! !!  very interesting night, there was a lot of good racing!! !!
congrats to scooter and scott with the  First Place  wins!! good job guys!!  see ya'll in valdookie.....

2010 SDTA OPEN CLASS CHAMP!
        > Mystic Motorsports<
     The innovators not the imitators!   
     <Performance 2-stroke engines>
     3 TIME open class championship engine
      builder and tuner.
fastrnrik
Supreme Member

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #20 on: November 05, 2006, 10:25:30 PM »

Well it was definately an interesting night at Thunderbowl(full moon maybe?). There was an excellent turnout, with the regular FT crew, and several new faces as well. We had a few mishaps with Skully, Matt, and most notably Chris. By the way, I'm relieved to hear that you are OK.

The track was, without question, slick as hell for most of the night. Despite that, I thought the racing was very good throughout the night, due to the fact that it was hard to hold your position and lines. This led to multiple position changes and passes, which made it anyones races to win. Congrat's to Bud #32, Scooter #9, and Scott #5x on your wins.

For those of you that left early, we added a little money race to the end, taking 3 riders from each class. I was a little nervous at first about mixing the 3 classes together, but it turned out to be a really cool race. I was disappointed that Gary and Brian got tangled up and slowed down, because I think if they hadn't it would have been a great race between them and Bud on the #32. Congratulations to Bud on the win. These guys come practice and put in the time dialing in their set up every Sunday, and it shows. I heard a rumor that he is moving to the Open class, so some of you boys better watch out! As a sidenote, Jon on the #72 YFZ was turning lap times in practice today over half a second faster than Bud turned in the main last night. The damn Novices are fast!

Dorian, it was nice to meet you. I enjoyed racing against you.
 And, by the way, thanks again to Dreth and his family.  

Thanks again to everyone for coming. See ya next time.

PS- all you feature winners enjoy it while it lasts. When Derek gets done with my Honda,   you're all through. OK, that's all the the s#@t talking I've got.LOL.

tat2mike
Supreme Member

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #21 on: November 06, 2006, 06:01:11 AM »

anyone have some photos or videos yet?

Formally tecatemike
dreth

« Reply #22 on: November 06, 2006, 07:31:59 AM »

this pic is of sunday morning, when the my son and his friend picked up 10 bags of trash from around the track Wink

[attachment deleted by admin]
Quad32x
Supreme Member

Work My Sausage !

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #23 on: November 06, 2006, 07:53:52 AM »

I hope Brady paid them for that ! Wink   Good job little men ! Clapper

dreth

« Reply #24 on: November 06, 2006, 12:57:29 PM »

I hope Brady paid them for that ! Wink   Good job little men ! Clapper

Brady pays them by giving them a place to ride and they paid him back with a little show of respect Wink
Pages: [1] 2  All   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

Other Florida sites of interest: www.PinballShark.com