Home ATV Florida Forum ATV Florida Where to Ride? ATV Florida Links Advertise

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length

Home   Help Search Calendar Login Register  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Im think we got our first infiltrator in ATVFLORIDA.com  (Read 5524 times)
lswjth2
Supreme Member

Finally, ATVFlorida.com is here!

View Profile

Ignore
« on: October 12, 2006, 07:18:54 PM »

bad2thebone

View Profile Email Personal Message (Offline)

Re: ONF is under attack by the SCENIC HIGHWAY
« Reply #8 on: Today at 06:38:36 PM »
   Reply with quoteQuote
Thanks to the efforts of dedicated CTF members, 952 acres of prime native Florida habitat in northern Marion County will be preserved! Known as Price's Scrub, just south of the Alachua County line adjacent to I -75, the parcel has been spared from development and will become a state-owned preserve and low-impact recreation area.

CTF is in the very early stages of collaborative work with several other organizations to protect a corridor that would connect the Ocala National Forest with the Osceola National Forest and Okefenokee Swamp. This 60-something mile corridor has been identified as one of the 10 most important wildlife and greenway connections in the state. Meetings and plans are ongoing; stay tuned for this one!

Read the WILDLANDS PROJECT,notice the CORRIDOR, LOW IMPACT RECREATION AREA.

http://www.twp.org/cms/index.cfm?group_id=1000
UncleRico
Supreme Member

"Crazy, Insane?"

View Profile WWW

Ignore
« Reply #1 on: October 12, 2006, 07:22:27 PM »

It says it will be designated as a LOW IMPACT RECREATIONAL area, which I'm cool with...but for ever acre you set aside for Low Impact, you should have to provide the same are for HIGH IMPACT RECREATION.

It's only fair.

Right?

Or are they discriminating against us?

UNLUCKY #13 RACING  "I want to thank my sponsors, Jack Cass Bail Bonds, The Cleveland Steamer Carpet Cleaner Company, The Rusty Trombone Pub, and Dirty Sanchez's Liquor and Check Cashing."
lswjth2
Supreme Member

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #2 on: October 12, 2006, 07:25:35 PM »

These people are against anything that is motorized, they dont understand fair, or logical they are FANATICS and as fanatics should be treated with their own medicine.
UncleRico
Supreme Member

"Crazy, Insane?"

View Profile WWW

Ignore
« Reply #3 on: October 12, 2006, 07:31:21 PM »

Well, to tell you the truth, I'm for banning the internal combustion engine, but until we get there, let me have a place to ride.

UNLUCKY #13 RACING  "I want to thank my sponsors, Jack Cass Bail Bonds, The Cleveland Steamer Carpet Cleaner Company, The Rusty Trombone Pub, and Dirty Sanchez's Liquor and Check Cashing."
lswjth2
Supreme Member

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #4 on: October 12, 2006, 07:32:54 PM »

Just out of curiosity, so once we get there then what??No more riding???
UncleRico
Supreme Member

"Crazy, Insane?"

View Profile WWW

Ignore
« Reply #5 on: October 12, 2006, 07:44:22 PM »

Al Gore says we should ban the internal combustion. You don't trust the very same man who invented the internet?

bad2thebone

« Reply #6 on: October 12, 2006, 09:45:35 PM »

What do you mean infiltrator, more like darth vader.
lswjth2
Supreme Member

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #7 on: October 13, 2006, 06:23:49 AM »

Remember that the more Darth Vader tried to squeeze, like sand it was flowing out of his hand. Are you or are you not with the wildlands project??yes or no
HondaATC

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #8 on: October 13, 2006, 03:32:58 PM »

I had wondered how long it would take for some of the anti-access groups to start reading here. We should all go invade their forums now  Cheesy

1996 Laeger TRX250R
1985 CR500 powered ATC250R
1986 ATC250R
Thrumud
Supreme Member

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #9 on: October 14, 2006, 09:31:26 PM »

What do you mean infiltrator, more like darth vader.

I don't know who this guy is, but he seems like an idiot. 

lswjth2
Supreme Member

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #10 on: October 14, 2006, 10:15:21 PM »

here are some links on how thiese scenic highway designations hurt us....

http://prfamerica.org/EnteringLakeChamplainWatershed.html

http://prfamerica.org/ClosingForest2People.html

--
foreman1

Finally! ATVFlorida.com is here!

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #11 on: October 14, 2006, 10:21:52 PM »

Interesting reading from those two links, folks need to wake up.

NRA BENEFACTOR LIFE

WarRifles.com
Live Free or Die
"When there is no way out - Find a way further in."
Continental E-185
MachineDog
Supreme Member

Ride Red!

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #12 on: October 16, 2006, 11:42:35 AM »

I don't think they have a problem with gas engines, I think it's the erosion mainly. Boy, a high performance electric engine would be cool though, all that torque.. I think Dodge is working on putting an electric motor in their 2500 for take-off because of the huge torque electric motors put out.

Here's a pic of the erosion in our now dried-up mud pit in the yard.

[attachment deleted by admin]

http://img284.imageshack.us/img284/4291/p517000123ek.jpg
06 Rancher 350 4x4 - K&N, 1.5" Snorkel, 26" Mudbugs.
Spot Reserved for Big Bore.
http://www.flickr.com/photos/machinedogtag/ - Click to see our pics.
bad2thebone

« Reply #13 on: October 16, 2006, 02:27:14 PM »

Your getting better lswjth2, at least the date on the second isn't 5 years old. Now see if you can come up with something that pertains to the orginal topic. Closing of the ONF via Senic Roads.

Different State, different time, make it fit florida and the discussion. If you can do that I'll tell who I really am. The mystery deepens my friend, an friend or foe, or another darth vader stricks when no one is around.
« Last Edit: October 16, 2006, 02:29:48 PM by bad2thebone » Logged
logger

« Reply #14 on: October 16, 2006, 02:41:21 PM »

LovenIt from another link has it right. Bad2thebone is part of stewards of the land off road rec assoc. The only link I have found for them on the website is http://www.freewebs.com/solora. Check it out.

It is my understanding that Stewards of the land is working with a few other important people to find land to ride on, via mining lands throughout the state. If you lswjth2 and a few others stop complaining so much, and work with stewards of the land you might have several places to ride. But it is obvious that you just don't want other places to ride, it is obvious you just don't care.

It was my understanding that several of you were invitied to an online Meeting with Stewards of the land and refused to attend, I really won't mention names.
Joedirt
Supreme Member

I am a FloridaMud Rider

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #15 on: October 16, 2006, 02:44:54 PM »

This is real productive... Roll Eyes

2005 Vinson 4x4
2003 Big Bear 4x4
2001 Prarie 4x4
1987 Dirty Dakota Mud truck on 35 inch Boggers
k.p.
Supreme Member

6 in a row makes it go!

View Profile WWW

Ignore
« Reply #16 on: October 16, 2006, 03:46:02 PM »

Well, to tell you the truth, I'm for banning the internal combustion engine, but until we get there, let me have a place to ride.

your right! lets make an external combustion engine! that would be terrific
Chuck_Norris

« Reply #17 on: October 16, 2006, 06:25:03 PM »

Your getting better lswjth2, at least the date on the second isn't 5 years old. Now see if you can come up with something that pertains to the orginal topic. Closing of the ONF via Senic Roads.

Different State, different time, make it fit florida and the discussion. If you can do that I'll tell who I really am. The mystery deepens my friend, an friend or foe, or another darth vader stricks when no one is around.

Why all the mystery, if you stand up for something that Identify yourself with it. one or 2 things will occur you will either recieve the tough love or go away
lswjth2
Supreme Member

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #18 on: October 16, 2006, 07:09:31 PM »

I dont have to get any closer. As far as i am concerned, you unfortunately dont have the cojones to say either way so we all know now where you stand.....
bad2thebone

« Reply #19 on: October 16, 2006, 08:00:18 PM »

You know the only thing you want to do is spout off to someone. This game is getting really old Rick (lswjth2). I bow out you win... You obviously didn't check out the website, you obviously have no intentions of wanting places to ride. Sometimes it is people like you that give ridiing places a bad name.

You know I don't think you like being beat by a chick.. It has been real..

Stewards of the Land
lswjth2
Supreme Member

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #20 on: October 16, 2006, 10:35:23 PM »

Ok. I just checked out the website. I owe you and your oganization an Apology. So here it goes. I apologize for having thought you guys were with the Wildlands Project. Let me know where to send you some fuunds/dues to help out...Rick

raptor

« Reply #21 on: October 17, 2006, 07:10:38 AM »

Thank you - Apology accepted, and thank you for your donation. Now if everyone vists the website http://www.freewebs.com/solora and wants to donate maybe we can get some land to ride on. There are two of us working hard on this, if you know of some land on your rides that is mining land let me know.

Raptor
Stewards of the Land

Paul_S
Supreme Member

FloridaMotoplex.com

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #22 on: October 17, 2006, 08:51:48 AM »

Thank you - Apology accepted, and thank you for your donation. Now if everyone vists the website http://www.freewebs.com/solora and wants to donate maybe we can get some land to ride on. There are two of us working hard on this, if you know of some land on your rides that is mining land let me know.

Raptor
Stewards of the Land

What exactly would a donation go towards?
logger

« Reply #23 on: October 17, 2006, 08:58:58 AM »

A donation will go to getting Stewards of the Land started and looking for land to ride on. There are two people that are looking for mining land to lease to ride on, and a way to get a grant for private land. Your donation goes to that.
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

Other Florida sites of interest: www.PinballShark.com