Home ATV Florida Forum ATV Florida Where to Ride? ATV Florida Links Advertise

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length

Home   Help Search Calendar Login Register  
Pages: 1 [2]  All   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: ONF Fees  (Read 9782 times)
Anoriginal

« Reply #25 on: October 12, 2006, 01:01:06 PM »

Big Cypress is a federal preserve. Much different than a national or state forest or park.

Most of the time, the use fees are closely monitored by all types of interested parties. This means the eco-radicals (Sierra Club, etc.) the hunters and the ORV users. Each group keeps tabs on how the money is used. Don't believe me?

Big Cypress has use restrictions and fees that are so closely scrutinized that the moment any significnant amount of funding is utilized for a project deemed "outside the stated purpose" the NPS calls an immediate halt to it to avoid suit by any number of organizations.

This is not a ton of money to shell out to ride. Be glad we have access to the forest via designated trails verses being shut out completely as we've been in numerous other places. Instead of screaming about the cost, pitching doom and gloom take over theories and generally bad mouthing the concept, force yourself into the mix. Get right in the middle of determining how nad where the money will be used. It's not hard to do.

Call the rangers. Write the letters, send the e-mails. Ask how you can get involved, offer your services, make suggestions while avoiding negativity. People have a misconception that we have a "right" to ride. We don't. riding is a privilege that is not guaranteed. Nothing says the government (on any level) must give us a place to ride. Sure, there is legislation in place in certain arenas that provide for certain properties to be utilized for ORV use. However, it's never solidified to the point it cannot be changed.

Quit whining and start doing somethign about it to make sure the PRIVILEGE of riding in ONF is sustained.
mrbones
Administrator
Supreme Member

View Profile
« Reply #26 on: October 12, 2006, 01:37:44 PM »

I DON'T UNDERSTAND WHY YOU PEOPLE WANT TO RIDE THROUGH A PROTECTED ENVIRONMENT ON YOUR STUPID MOTORCYCLES.

DON'T YOU HAVE TRACKS FOR THAT!

I think you should be banned from the forest along with hunters and the loggers.\\\

Enough with the multiple accounts already just to start a fight.....{Captain The Morgan, Cousin Chico, Tree Hunger 1}

Riding Old Reliable --> The Honda Recon
UncleRico
Supreme Member

"Crazy, Insane?"

View Profile WWW

Ignore
« Reply #27 on: October 12, 2006, 01:57:33 PM »

Yeah, you bastid, Cousin Chico!

This is a serious ATV site. If you want to be funny, go down to jokey joke town or somewhere else you clowns.

UNLUCKY #13 RACING  "I want to thank my sponsors, Jack Cass Bail Bonds, The Cleveland Steamer Carpet Cleaner Company, The Rusty Trombone Pub, and Dirty Sanchez's Liquor and Check Cashing."
mrbones
Administrator
Supreme Member

View Profile
« Reply #28 on: October 12, 2006, 02:01:16 PM »

Thanks for the backup!  Grin

Riding Old Reliable --> The Honda Recon
dnigels

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #29 on: October 12, 2006, 05:15:06 PM »

hey eldiablo64,, in case you didnt know if you want to hunt in onf you have to buy managment stamp, at a cost of 26.50 good for 1 hunting season. a hunting license, at a cost of 13.50 good for one year. if you archery hunt onf you pay 5.00 for a stamp, if you muzzleload hunt you pay another 5.00. so i hunt in onf and i already pay 50.00 a year or more to use the same forest as you. and yes i use my atv to hunt off of in some areas. I have dog hunted off my atv  in the paisley woods, i have used the woods for 18+ years as has our hunting party, and we have always
had to pay to hunt there. So im all for everyone buying mangament stamp to use the land. I wonder what my 26.50 goes to??Wildlfe protection, patrols,road maitnance, same as what they want the 60-120 dollars for. I say 26.50 for everyone, atvs, hunters, hikers, if you use the land, you should buy a stamp.

How is dog?  I think I probably have had it at the chinese buffet but never the fresh killed kind!

'06 Yamaha 350 Wolverine
'06 Yamaha PW80
'07 Chevy Silverado 1500 Ext.cab
tallyt

Finally! ATVFlorida.com is here!

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #30 on: October 13, 2006, 05:10:18 PM »

hey dnigels, if you dont know what dog hunting is you have not rode in the scrub.
I have seen many topics about riding during hunting season in the scrub, I guess
you were not one of them.
dnigels

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #31 on: October 13, 2006, 07:09:33 PM »

Nope, never been a topic...until now!  What do ya hunt wit dem dar dogs?

'06 Yamaha 350 Wolverine
'06 Yamaha PW80
'07 Chevy Silverado 1500 Ext.cab
CABLEGUY1
Supreme Member

Finally, ATVFlorida.com is here!

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #32 on: October 13, 2006, 08:56:24 PM »

I DON'T UNDERSTAND WHY YOU PEOPLE WANT TO RIDE THROUGH A PROTECTED ENVIRONMENT ON YOUR STUPID MOTORCYCLES.

DON'T YOU HAVE TRACKS FOR THAT!

I think you should be banned from the forest along with hunters and the loggers.\\\
   I think you should go suck a dry fart out of a dead seagulls a$$.
Pages: 1 [2]  All   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

Other Florida sites of interest: www.PinballShark.com