Home ATV Florida Forum ATV Florida Where to Ride? ATV Florida Links Advertise

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length

Home   Help Search Calendar Login Register  
Poll
Question: Where would you like to see an OHV park open ?
St Lucie Area
Palm Beach Area
Broward Area
Miami Area
Naples Area

Pages: [1] 2 3   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Need members input ! Please read ! Riding area  (Read 19809 times)
Thrumud
Supreme Member

View Profile

Ignore
« on: October 02, 2006, 11:04:04 PM »

This poll will be used at the next OHV meeting.  This poll is for a legal riding area with a trail system, not a MX track.  Please provide your comments if you wish.

05greengriz
Supreme Member

FMR STYLE

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #1 on: October 03, 2006, 09:07:26 AM »

Manatee county wasn't listed, but that is my vote.

07 Eiger
06 fsc 2800 weekend warrior
06 Rhino       
2005 Scardy Cat 500 4x4
2006 Acrtic Cat DVX 90
http
dnigels

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #2 on: October 03, 2006, 09:19:29 AM »

This poll is blatantly unfair.  There are thousands of riders in Palm Beach County, unfortunately many of them appear iliterate (based on the volume of e-mails sent to commissioners) therefore they are unable to vote.  This will skew the vote in my opinion, I should be allowed to vote four times (once for each misspelled word here).

'06 Yamaha 350 Wolverine
'06 Yamaha PW80
'07 Chevy Silverado 1500 Ext.cab
Joedirt
Supreme Member

I am a FloridaMud Rider

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #3 on: October 03, 2006, 09:21:12 AM »

Saint Lucie county would be great , we were with in inches of having one already...2 years ago. The framework is already there..this should be a hands down winner.

2005 Vinson 4x4
2003 Big Bear 4x4
2001 Prarie 4x4
1987 Dirty Dakota Mud truck on 35 inch Boggers
Bones87

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #4 on: October 03, 2006, 11:10:13 AM »

I would agree with Joedirt, St Lucie Area seems to be the logical choice.
MachineDog
Supreme Member

Ride Red!

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #5 on: October 03, 2006, 11:55:19 AM »

I'd like to see one in Palm Beach County. Right now we drive about an hour and a half to Holylands which is *fine*, but it just is too long of a drive and too much gas to do it alot. Not to mention it's hunting season right now. Something in between St. Lucie and PBC would be great.

http://img284.imageshack.us/img284/4291/p517000123ek.jpg
06 Rancher 350 4x4 - K&N, 1.5" Snorkel, 26" Mudbugs.
Spot Reserved for Big Bore.
http://www.flickr.com/photos/machinedogtag/ - Click to see our pics.
WPBSMOKA

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #6 on: October 03, 2006, 12:18:23 PM »

Palm Beach County area Yup!

'04 400ex, frequently bent handlebars, bent bumper, torn seat, rusty chain and some abused plastics

backwoods boy
Supreme Member

REBEL MOTORSPORTS

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #7 on: October 03, 2006, 02:12:13 PM »

BREVARD reopen the black hole that would rock the county should buy up all the land out there [that they dont already own] its already set up n every thing

NObama08 '' nigga please its the WHITE house''
LIVE FAST-PLAY HARD-DIE LAUGHING
Thrumud
Supreme Member

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #8 on: October 03, 2006, 02:22:28 PM »

Keep the votes and comments coming !

eldiablo64
Supreme Member

Finally! ATVFlorida.com is here!

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #9 on: October 03, 2006, 02:44:07 PM »

I live in Pinellas county but I would say palm beach desperately needs a riding area even though I would never drive that far to ride,2nd choice would probably be manatee cause it pretty close to me

TAKE IT OUT AND PLAY WITH IT     AT THE  FLORIDAMOTOPLEX.com
Thrumud
Supreme Member

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #10 on: October 03, 2006, 03:01:43 PM »

I will try to request the OHV Committee to have a meeting near PSL OR WPB after the Ocala meeting but I still need votes.

Gamer

Yamaha 350cc Wolverine 4*4

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #11 on: October 03, 2006, 05:53:51 PM »

In Broward off of US27 and Griffin Rd would be the perfect place for an OHV park with trails.  Its part of the Everglades and Francis S. Taylor WMA.  That's where everyone rode back in the 80's and then it was closed off because someone got injured on FPL's property and sued.  FWC runs it so it would be up to them ultimately.  If Airboats are allowed back there so should ATV's.
Thrumud
Supreme Member

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #12 on: October 03, 2006, 07:44:09 PM »

In Broward off of US27 and Griffin Rd would be the perfect place for an OHV park with trails.  Its part of the Everglades and Francis S. Taylor WMA.  That's where everyone rode back in the 80's and then it was closed off because someone got injured on FPL's property and sued.  FWC runs it so it would be up to them ultimately.  If Airboats are allowed back there so should ATV's.

I know exactly where that is.  My brother lived in South West Ranches and we used to ride from Dykes to Holiday Park on our ATVs.  Some of that area is private property.  There is a buffer between US-27 and the Everglades, in between where the power lines run, FPL owns that stretch. To get that location you would have to get all property owners, property managers to agree. It would be a pain in the azz. According to Broward Sheriff Office, that’s off limits.   

qt314nfla

« Reply #13 on: October 03, 2006, 07:52:56 PM »

My suggestions aren't anywhere on the list.  I'd say somewhere between I75 and I95 central to the state and between Polk County and Charlotte Counties on the north to south boundary.  I don't know the east coast counties or I'd have listed them as well.

I guess I'll vote Naples out of default but that's still over 2 hrs from me.  So the closest riding area from Sarasota is still 2 hrs away.  Which happens to be my camp and it's free to use the acreage that is larger than any place in the state other than ONF.
khooping

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #14 on: October 03, 2006, 08:09:00 PM »

Brevard County.  I agree with Muddy Buddy.  Open the "Hole in the Doughnut"....AKA "Black Hole"  It's in Palm Bay.  Centrally located with respect to the entire east coast of FL. Lots of vacant land with a significant portion of it owned by the city of Palm Bay, as captured as part of the General Development Corp. bankruptcy.  Would be a great place to develop a trail system. 

For you Google Earthers and GPS folks here are the coordinates: 

27 deg 56' 43.36" N    80 deg. 42' 17.69" W

2nd Choice would be Port St. Lucie

Z-400
Full HMF Pipe
Jet Kit
Denton Steering Dampener
Renthal Bars
Dominator Rear
Complete Skids

TRX250EX
Full HMF Pipe, Jet Kit
Rev Box
K&N Filter
Full Skids
450rcrazy

« Reply #15 on: October 03, 2006, 08:47:02 PM »

ALL OF THEE ABOVE!!
but like someone else said I'm in pinellas so manatee would be nice .The  more places available to ride the better for all of us.
mmason

Finally! ATVFlorida.com is here!

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #16 on: October 03, 2006, 09:01:21 PM »

Palm Beach, all the way!
Sleazy_Rider78

Old enough to know better, still too young to care

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #17 on: October 03, 2006, 09:50:51 PM »

I say either Palm Beach or Port St. Lucie.  If we have a place in Broward near 27 the only thing it could be is mud riding which doesn't really work for me.  Besides, Broward already has the Holey Lands.  If we were to have one in Port St. Lucie I think there would be more opportunities for a larger OHV park since there is more land available and its not overpopulated like Miami Dade and Broward Counties.  Less people complaining about the noise.

www.myspace.com/mlatcham
Stolen: 2003 Yamaha YZ250F. Moto XXX graphics, Pro Taper handlebars, black Excel rims.  Pics of bike in Stolen ATV Watch Forum.
http://www.atvflorida.com/forum/index.php/topic,25023.0.html
Thrumud
Supreme Member

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #18 on: October 03, 2006, 10:09:44 PM »

At our last meeting, John Waldron from the Department of Forestry advised all of us to do our part by searching for potential land around Florida for an ATV park. Try to identify land that is state, county, or city owned. There are two ways to do this, one is to go to your county’s zoning department and ask for a “future land use map”. This map will identify areas that are residential, commercial, industrial and agricultural.  What to look for … Try to identify open land away from residential areas and protected areas. These maps will also identify county land; this is the land to look for. The other way is to use a county's GIS system, but this can become complicated for some. The OHV committee can only assist us on public land not private. Remember the only way we can get these areas open to OHV use is by grants from the state. The OHV committee acts as a middle man.  So, if you know of a potential site, make a note of it and e-mail it to me or present it at the next OHV meeting. The committee will then look into the site and do their research. This is not an over night process, it could take a few years but no more than two years.
« Last Edit: October 03, 2006, 10:51:36 PM by Thrumud » Logged

Thrumud
Supreme Member

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #19 on: October 03, 2006, 10:10:50 PM »

I say either Palm Beach or Port St. Lucie.  If we have a place in Broward near 27 the only thing it could be is mud riding which doesn't really work for me.  Besides, Broward already has the Holey Lands.  If we were to have one in Port St. Lucie I think there would be more opportunities for a larger OHV park since there is more land available and its not overpopulated like Miami Dade and Broward Counties.  Less people complaining about the noise.

Good point

Sleazy_Rider78

Old enough to know better, still too young to care

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #20 on: October 03, 2006, 10:16:53 PM »

At our last meeting, John Waldron from the Department of Forestry advised all of us to do our part by searching for potential land around Florida for an ATV park. Try to identify land that is state, county, or city owned. There are two ways to do this, one is to go to your county’s zoning department and ask for a “future land use map”. This map will identify areas that are residential, commercial, industrial and agricultural.  What to look for … Try to identify open land away from residential areas and protected areas. These maps will also identify county land; this is the land to look for. The OHV committee can only assist us on public land not private. Remember the only way we can get these areas open to OHV use is by grants from the state. The OHV committee acts as a middle man.  So, if you know of a potential site, make a note of it and e-mail it to me or present it at the next OHV meeting. The committee will then look into the site and do their research. This is not an over night process, it could take a few years but no more than two years.

You said there were two ways to do this, you mentioned one, whats the other?

www.myspace.com/mlatcham
Stolen: 2003 Yamaha YZ250F. Moto XXX graphics, Pro Taper handlebars, black Excel rims.  Pics of bike in Stolen ATV Watch Forum.
http://www.atvflorida.com/forum/index.php/topic,25023.0.html
khooping

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #21 on: October 03, 2006, 10:37:59 PM »

The OHV committee can only assist us on public land not private.

I'll do some more research with this criteria. The Palm Bay site could be an issue due to private ownership spotted in this area.

Z-400
Full HMF Pipe
Jet Kit
Denton Steering Dampener
Renthal Bars
Dominator Rear
Complete Skids

TRX250EX
Full HMF Pipe, Jet Kit
Rev Box
K&N Filter
Full Skids
Fox17
Supreme Member

Go Gators!!

View Profile WWW

Ignore
« Reply #22 on: October 03, 2006, 10:50:30 PM »

BREVARD reopen the black hole that would rock the county should buy up all the land out there [that they dont already own] its already set up n every thing

Brevard County.  I agree with Muddy Buddy.  Open the "Hole in the Doughnut"....AKA "Black Hole"  It's in Palm Bay.  Centrally located with respect to the entire east coast of FL. Lots of vacant land with a significant portion of it owned by the city of Palm Bay, as captured as part of the General Development Corp. bankruptcy.  Would be a great place to develop a trail system. 

For you Google Earthers and GPS folks here are the coordinates: 

27 deg 56' 43.36" N    80 deg. 42' 17.69" W

2nd Choice would be Port St. Lucie

i think you got the black holes mixed up. the one muddy buddy is talkin bout is not in palm bay but in cocoa/psj. i agree anywhere in brevard county. perferably cocoa but palm bay would be ok too.
Thrumud
Supreme Member

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #23 on: October 03, 2006, 10:53:05 PM »

At our last meeting, John Waldron from the Department of Forestry advised all of us to do our part by searching for potential land around Florida for an ATV park. Try to identify land that is state, county, or city owned. There are two ways to do this, one is to go to your county’s zoning department and ask for a “future land use map”. This map will identify areas that are residential, commercial, industrial and agricultural.  What to look for … Try to identify open land away from residential areas and protected areas. These maps will also identify county land; this is the land to look for. The OHV committee can only assist us on public land not private. Remember the only way we can get these areas open to OHV use is by grants from the state. The OHV committee acts as a middle man.  So, if you know of a potential site, make a note of it and e-mail it to me or present it at the next OHV meeting. The committee will then look into the site and do their research. This is not an over night process, it could take a few years but no more than two years.

You said there were two ways to do this, you mentioned one, whats the other?

Sorry Sleazy, got tied up on the topic.  I just modified it.

Thrumud
Supreme Member

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #24 on: October 03, 2006, 11:02:15 PM »

The OHV committee can only assist us on public land not private.

I'll do some more research with this criteria. The Palm Bay site could be an issue due to private ownership spotted in this area.

Public land only

Pages: [1] 2 3   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

Other Florida sites of interest: www.PinballShark.com