Home ATV Florida Forum ATV Florida Where to Ride? ATV Florida Links Advertise

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length

Home   Help Search Calendar Login Register  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: thoughts on Jasper  (Read 9542 times)
yfz#78

View Profile

Ignore
« on: September 24, 2006, 06:58:21 PM »

What a time we had at Jasper. There were only a few of the cart guys that complained about us, so not too bad. Raymond said that he sure likes the track. What about everyone else?

flat tracker 37

Its all good until u get passed by this honda!!

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #1 on: September 24, 2006, 07:06:41 PM »

i shure liked it we need to go there again sometime!! Grin
yfz#78

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #2 on: September 24, 2006, 07:09:44 PM »

how do your tires look?

flat tracker 37

Its all good until u get passed by this honda!!

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #3 on: September 24, 2006, 07:13:01 PM »

there not to bad realy just my right front is bad thats the only one
yfz#78

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #4 on: September 24, 2006, 07:14:12 PM »

Matt check your p.m.

LT-R450ApK
Supreme Member

Dont Become the Pink Panther

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #5 on: September 24, 2006, 08:06:13 PM »

If there was a way to pass someone other than if their quad broke or they ran off the track it would be a Good track! There was tons of traction and nothing else! JMO
The facility itself was awsome
Plus i dont want to have to buy 500 worth of tires everytime we go there,My tires are toasted

Zuk 4Fiddy Lots O Stuff
Faster to list whats stock
HondaATC

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #6 on: September 24, 2006, 08:52:53 PM »

My rear tires seemed to hold up pretty good but they are fairly hard compound. I wasn't ripping around the track quite like you guys were by any means either...hahaha. I like the place, its the first time I've ever been on anything with a surface like that before. Definitely different from the dirt.

1996 Laeger TRX250R
1985 CR500 powered ATC250R
1986 ATC250R
HillKiller
Supreme Member

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #7 on: September 24, 2006, 10:26:06 PM »

Wade has invited the league back but next time we well race with the Karts on one of their non-points nights so we can be done earlier but also be able to race on a black grooved track from the karts like last night. I heard nothing but praise about the facilities, the officials, and the track surface. I don't think anyone had traction issues. The holeshots showed most everyone carrying their front tires down the frontstretch. Awesome racing!

www.SouthernDirtTrackAssociation.Com

Special thanks to my sponsor:
WareRacing Engines

Sunoco Race Fuel Distributor
5 gal pails 110,112,116
See me at the track or email me here
Skully

I Wanna Fo Fast............

View Profile WWW

Ignore
« Reply #8 on: September 24, 2006, 11:55:26 PM »

Hmmmmm..... Where to start,

First off, it was really nice meeting, and running with everybody and putting some faces to some screen names on here.

The facility and staff at Crossroads were outstanding! But what is up with those CONES?HuhHuh The way they place them, especially at the corner entrance, makes for some screwy racing lines, or lack of. Are all Kart tracks like this, where you can only use half of the track? Combine that with serious bite the track had, I know I never even came close to a decent setup, and I was changing crap after every session! Monkey on a football is how I felt all night, and I'm pretty sure I hold the record for most off-track exploration, BTW...... NOT much bite in the grass!!

Now to the funny stuff..... After running 3rd in both heats (OK...... Dave didn't start the first one, and Derek broke in the 2nd) I'm thinking no way I'm going to run the B with Dave and them other guys. I hadn't tore up anything, didn't crash anybody(I don't think), wasn't limping, PLUS....... I'm pretty sure I set distance, or at least the height record on starting line wheelies!!!!

Soooooo..... I just load my stuff up, eat, take a shower, and settle down and watch the B's and the A mains and try to learn something. When they called out my name in the A lineup, I about sh*t, imagine that! I still think loading up was for the best, my setup was way too soft for that track, and sooner or later I was going to hurt myself and/or someone else.

All in all, it was a very humbling experience for me, I didn't think that I was going to go up there and win, but I sure thought I would run and look better than I did!

Thanks again to Chris and Dave for all of the hard work with the League and getting us places to race. Just a thought......... How about a Veterens Class? You know...... For old guys like me and Super550, and a few others, so we don't have to race with all of you "kids". (BTW.... Anybody under 40 is a "kid" to me) OK..... just joking about the Veterens class!

In Summary..... I had a GREAT time, looking forward to Ocala Thunderbowl, and it was really pretty cool meeting, racing, and talking to you guys!!

Thanks!!
Jim

yfz#78

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #9 on: September 25, 2006, 01:26:34 AM »

By the way, I made my way to the top of the video tower. It's a great location for filming. You can also snap some awesome pics from up there.

dreth

« Reply #10 on: September 25, 2006, 07:43:55 AM »

i must say that my family left happy First Place Second Place

the only thing i can see wrong with that track is the 5 1/2 drive Huh

[attachment deleted by admin]
« Last Edit: September 25, 2006, 07:46:01 AM by dreth » Logged
Scott270r

Mystic Motorsports #5

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #11 on: September 25, 2006, 09:30:43 AM »

Jim (Skully),

It was great to put a face to your screen name as well. Its too bad you didn't race the "A" main though, your setup would have worked great out there because the track hook up HARD in the main, much more than in the early heats. My setup was way off by the main and I worked hard to pull out the finish that I got, I am glad I have learned to block well over all these years of racing...LOL

Wayne & Dreth,

Great meeting you guys in person as well. Good job on your win Wayne, you looked really good. Keep it up, and you'll be the champion of that class this year. See ya'll in Ocala in 2 weeks.. Cool

1998 GFTL Open Pro Champion
2006 SFTL Open Class Champion

......Thanks Derek

Mystic Motorsports - 3 Time Champions....Congratulations Derek on a great 2010 season!!!

http://i114.photobucket.com/albums/n270/scott270r/Race_Mystic.jpg
Hoosier Daddy
Southern Flat Track League
Supreme Member

Team WareRacing Member #07

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #12 on: September 25, 2006, 10:15:33 AM »

Yep, then he will be racing you next season! HAHAHA!!!  Wink
Great job guys!

BLISS Feed, Hay, and Race Fuels Zephyrhills, Fl
"Character is what you have when no one is looking"
Scott270r

Mystic Motorsports #5

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #13 on: September 25, 2006, 02:28:48 PM »

Yep, then he will be racing you next season! HAHAHA!!!  Wink
Great job guys!

Chris,

Yes, Well that is where everyone will end up when they advance through the Intermediate class. Its a good thing too, because I have been thinking long and hard about just how long I can keep this up. It's been alot of 5:00 a.m. mornings both working on the bikes and driving all that way to and from the races. I felt completely exhausted sunday and truth be told I am still tired today. I have a blown up 450R now and lord only knows how expensive that is going to be, let alone all the labor to fix it. That and I still need to repair my 330R's engine and rebuild it all the way back. For now I'm keeping my fingers crossed. ( knock on wood)

I spoke with Derek and its official, he is done racing for now. Too much bad luck, and too much expen$e. So really, its refreshing to see this thing grow and to get to have been a part of its beginnings. To be there when it all began, I wouldn't trade it for anything. This still is the coolest, finest buch of guys I ever got to race with, and I NEVER have said that about the MX guys I raced 15 years ago...LOL (A$$holes)  Shocked

1998 GFTL Open Pro Champion
2006 SFTL Open Class Champion

......Thanks Derek

Mystic Motorsports - 3 Time Champions....Congratulations Derek on a great 2010 season!!!

http://i114.photobucket.com/albums/n270/scott270r/Race_Mystic.jpg
Hoosier Daddy
Supreme Member

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #14 on: September 25, 2006, 03:11:46 PM »

I hear ya.. i took the day off work myself... I didnt know the 450 blew... what happened there?

1fastltr450
Supreme Member

Super Fast Racer

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #15 on: September 25, 2006, 05:30:12 PM »

I think overall this was one of the nicest tracks we raced at. It was a nice track with good traction. I liked that there were plenty of trees for shade and the grounds looked well kept.

2007 Maximum TT Series Open class Champion

AMA 2007 Winter National Short Track Series Open Class Winner

Hair color helps you win.

www.SouthernFlatTrackLeague.Com

Thanks to my sponsors:
 Krome n Kustomz (K & K Motorsports)
 Mystic Motorsports  (Their only 4-poke)
dreth

« Reply #16 on: September 25, 2006, 05:46:32 PM »

nice meeting you too Scott Cool your quad is still fast but there was a ltr on your tail Huh sorry about the 450r! that sucks but im sure you will get r dun Wink ill see ya in 2 weeks, it is getting expensive for me too. 2 races and im out $550 and we still have 6 or 7 to go$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$ Cry but to see my son smile with his trophies it makes it all worth it.
Hoosier Daddy
Supreme Member

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #17 on: September 25, 2006, 06:27:11 PM »

well I thought it was nice of them to put our finishing order on their website, although some are out of order and there are some spelling errors but the thought was still there..

Also, seeing it first hand it is really hard to see the numbers on bikes from the tower..and double hard when they are moving..
Lets think about making the numbers bigger and brighter...
« Last Edit: September 26, 2006, 11:54:59 AM by Hoosier Daddy » Logged

1fastltr450
Supreme Member

Super Fast Racer

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #18 on: September 25, 2006, 09:10:24 PM »

Dreth,

That has to be the cutest picture ever (You know that didn't come from Gary)!

2007 Maximum TT Series Open class Champion

AMA 2007 Winter National Short Track Series Open Class Winner

Hair color helps you win.

www.SouthernFlatTrackLeague.Com

Thanks to my sponsors:
 Krome n Kustomz (K & K Motorsports)
 Mystic Motorsports  (Their only 4-poke)
HillKiller
Supreme Member

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #19 on: September 25, 2006, 09:17:24 PM »

well I thought it was nice of them to put our finishing order on their website, although some are out of order and there are some spelling errors the thought is still there..

Also, seeing it first hand it is really hard to see the numbers on bike from the tower..and double hard when they are moving..
Lets think about making the numbers bigger and brighter...

Yes the numbers we use on our bikes is an issue. I was in the scoring tower during some of the Intermediate and Novice heats and I could not tell what some of the numbers were. Bottom line is if the score keepers can't read our numbers then we may not get scored correctly. The scoring ladies really like the rear number plates but asked that we all put our fender numbers on a contrasting background then put them on the fender. They went on to say the fender mounted numbers are the hardest to read, front and rear are the easiest.
   Other than the cones being on the track in the early heats I don't think there is a single negative about Jasper. It takes alot of finesse to pull off a pass and I saw only a few people pull it off...great job Gary on your 2nd place points finish considering you were the LCQ!
« Last Edit: September 25, 2006, 09:20:16 PM by HillKiller » Logged

WareRacing Engines

5 gal pails 110,112,116
01ZX12R
Supreme Member

Its all fun and games till the flag drops!!!

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #20 on: September 25, 2006, 10:04:35 PM »

Jasper was great, The place is very well maintained and the track was very nice. Scott great to put a face with the name, that goes for everyone else also. Scooter keep your head up it's just part of racin win sum and lose sum. Does not matter what place you finish as long as you have fun doin it.

K&K Motorsports 
Full Spectrum Racing
06' YFZ450  #12
08' KFX450  #21
08' LTR450   #132
fastrnrik
Supreme Member

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #21 on: September 25, 2006, 10:09:08 PM »

The scoring girls at Thunderbowl have mentioned the number visibility issue as well. They noticed the riders with bright, contrasting numbers/number plates are obviously easier to track. They made the comment that the riders with their number on the back of their chest protector was a big help. I personally helped a little with scoring the karts last Saturday, and I can tell you: IT SUCKS trying to keep track of all that! Needless to say, I didn't stay up in the tower very long.
HillKiller
Supreme Member

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #22 on: September 26, 2006, 09:35:18 AM »

The scoring girls at Thunderbowl have mentioned the number visibility issue as well. They noticed the riders with bright, contrasting numbers/number plates are obviously easier to track. They made the comment that the riders with their number on the back of their chest protector was a big help. I personally helped a little with scoring the karts last Saturday, and I can tell you: IT SUCKS trying to keep track of all that! Needless to say, I didn't stay up in the tower very long.
  I remember the lady at Valdosta asked about better numbers as well. When I re-read my emails she mentioned there were a couple quads that have two digit numbers that have one number on one front fender and the remaining number on the other front fender...they prefer both numbers together on a plate with bright colors, not black on red or red on black. It's all of our responsibilty as riders to make sure we can be seen so that we are scored correctly.

WareRacing Engines

5 gal pails 110,112,116
fastrnrik
Supreme Member

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #23 on: September 26, 2006, 04:34:46 PM »

Yes, I noticed the one number on one fender and one on the other while I was lining up the races. I had to look carefully, because that does get confusing. Luckily I completed school up to the 7th grade, so I was able to figure it out.  Bonk 
dreth

« Reply #24 on: September 26, 2006, 08:38:15 PM »

Dreth,

That has to be the cutest picture ever (You know that didn't come from Gary)!

thanks!
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

Other Florida sites of interest: www.PinballShark.com