Home ATV Florida Forum ATV Florida Where to Ride? ATV Florida Links Advertise

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length

Home   Help Search Calendar Login Register  
Pages: [1] 2  All   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Boycott Citgo - Hugo Chavez  (Read 8459 times)
cheropride
Supreme Member

View Profile

Ignore
« on: September 15, 2006, 06:44:08 PM »

Hey,

I am sure that some of you already knew this, but I had no idea, that Hugo Chavez, the President of Venezuela, the one who vows "to bring down the US" is the sole owner of Citgo Gas Station.  Therefore, DO NOT BUY YOUR GAS FROM CITGO!!!!

Spread the word, this is true - BOYCOTT CITGO!!!

I think it really sucks that this man can come into this country buy up Citgo, and now we as American's support his Country and his politics!!!  Don't forget this is Castro & Iran's best buddy!!!

Here is a link, in case interested!

http://www.breakthechain.org/exclusives/chavezcitgo.html

Spread the word....

Kawi-360 4WD/Camo
Honda 400
Polaris Ranger 700XP
UncleRico
Supreme Member

"Crazy, Insane?"

View Profile WWW

Ignore
« Reply #1 on: September 15, 2006, 06:54:52 PM »

Don't listen to her!

I have stock in Citgo.

She's crazy! <making circular motions with index finger next to temple area of the head>

UNLUCKY #13 RACING  "I want to thank my sponsors, Jack Cass Bail Bonds, The Cleveland Steamer Carpet Cleaner Company, The Rusty Trombone Pub, and Dirty Sanchez's Liquor and Check Cashing."
550superquad

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #2 on: September 15, 2006, 09:16:15 PM »

haven't bought citgo in 4 years !!!!

1985 huffy girls bike
green with white stripes on the chaingaurd
mid-level ape hangers with green glitter grips & white plastic woven handlebar basket
one mirror,whip flag & thumb bell on handle bar's 
extra long Bannana Seat
Bigscrb15
Supreme Member

I'm a Florida Mud Rider

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #3 on: September 15, 2006, 10:44:35 PM »

Chaves DOES NOT own the company. It is owned by PDVSA and that is the national oil company. Just because he is the president of Venezuela doesn't make him the owner. This is my favorite quote from snopes.com about the issue.

"Although Citgo may be owned by Petróleos de Venezuela, it is a formerly American company which is still headquartered in the U.S. (in Houston, Texas), employs 4,000 people, and supplies 14,000 independent retailers with gasoline and other petroleum products — Americans with no substantive connection to Venezuela who would be economically harmed by such an action. And, of course, as long as the global demand for oil exceeds supply, Citgo's products will continue to find buyers whether or not they're purchased by Americans."

"When once you have tasted flight, you will forever walk the earth with your eyes turned skyward, for there you have been, and there you will always long to return."
Paul_S
Supreme Member

FloridaMotoplex.com

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #4 on: September 15, 2006, 11:02:41 PM »

Chaves DOES NOT own the company. It is owned by PDVSA and that is the national oil company. Just because he is the president of Venezuela doesn't make him the owner. This is my favorite quote from snopes.com about the issue.

"Although Citgo may be owned by Petróleos de Venezuela, it is a formerly American company which is still headquartered in the U.S. (in Houston, Texas), employs 4,000 people, and supplies 14,000 independent retailers with gasoline and other petroleum products — Americans with no substantive connection to Venezuela who would be economically harmed by such an action. And, of course, as long as the global demand for oil exceeds supply, Citgo's products will continue to find buyers whether or not they're purchased by Americans."
This is just a dumb thread. Citgo & the Venezelan goverment tried to donate millions to aid victims of Katrina, he may not be a supporter of the bush goverment but he is not exactly the worst enemy the US has at the moment.

We could stop buying gas from places like Saudi (who gave us Osama), then throw in the sadistic dictators of the Congo and other African nations let's not buy from any them, and now Venezuela too?

Wow, I hope you selective gas buyers aren't the same guys who complain about the high gas prices lol.

sbripple

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #5 on: September 16, 2006, 10:30:38 AM »

Chavez has an unamerican agenda.we are his enemies so why sponsor the oil comp.his country owns and operates.you would be funding your enemies.Also stock holders in that company that are american are traitors to their country.But carpet baggers like uncle rico dont care about that  they just like money.I bet uncle rico supports bin laden too if he can make a buck doing it.
UncleRico
Supreme Member

"Crazy, Insane?"

View Profile WWW

Ignore
« Reply #6 on: September 16, 2006, 11:04:48 AM »

I bet uncle rico supports bin laden too if he can make a buck doing it.

I've actually "shorted" all my Bin Laden stocks. But since Bush can't catch the evil bastard, I'm not making as big of a gain as originally anticipated.

Oh, and by the way, for all of you who think Chavez is a dictator, let us not forget, he survived a CIA sponsored coup, and the people of Venezuela put him back in power.

Hey Sbripple, just out of curiousity, what is an "unamerican" agenda? (Or is that just the "If you don't like what they're saying, accuse them of being anti-american and unpatriotic" defense?)

P.S.

Sbrip, I'm way more southern than you, and I was born in NJ.  I even have the Lynard Skynard T-Shirt to prove it.

We need to get together for a few shots of whiskey and some cold one's and I'll re-educate you.  I may even teach you a thing or two about NASCAR.
« Last Edit: September 16, 2006, 11:07:55 AM by UncleRico » Logged

UNLUCKY #13 RACING  "I want to thank my sponsors, Jack Cass Bail Bonds, The Cleveland Steamer Carpet Cleaner Company, The Rusty Trombone Pub, and Dirty Sanchez's Liquor and Check Cashing."
Quad32x
Supreme Member

Work My Sausage !

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #7 on: September 16, 2006, 11:30:34 AM »

I supply my own gas. Wink

Team LFG , Local Fat Guys.
Mystic Motorsports Vet Class Rider #32
cheropride
Supreme Member

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #8 on: September 16, 2006, 11:52:03 AM »

This is just a dumb thread. Citgo & the Venezelan goverment tried to donate millions to aid victims of Katrina, he may not be a supporter of the bush goverment but he is not exactly the worst enemy the US has at the moment.

Oh really, then what country is, say possible Iran, whom Chavez is best buddies.  He (Chavez) has "vowed to aid Iran", especially against the US and was quoted further stating that "US blood will run".  You know Castro wanted to donate to Katrina victims as well.  The writting is on the wall, Castro, Chavez and Iran, right now as we speak are in Cuba.  Less than 100 miles off our coast, yea you need to think about it.

Sorry that you feel it is a dumb post, but you know what I rather hear all sides, than to judge.  Knowledge is power, especially in these days and times.  And you know what, to make a choice between buying gas from a Citgo, where it is only reasonable to assume, that Chavez has his hand on the money or buy gas say from BP (I know not ours either), I would buy from a British company before a communistic country.  There are not many choices left for us when it comes to oil, so I tend side w/our allies before someone who wishes us harm.  But your right, probably takening the "US blood will run" out of context.

And Uncle rico - get a life! Oh yea, of course you think I'm crazy, I forgot, you are the ACLU Card carrying member and proud of it.  One nation under???  gee, wounder what the ACLU thinks we should say.

And for all else, sorry that I pisted you off, just thought I would share what I learned. 

Kawi-360 4WD/Camo
Honda 400
Polaris Ranger 700XP
UncleRico
Supreme Member

"Crazy, Insane?"

View Profile WWW

Ignore
« Reply #9 on: September 16, 2006, 12:05:44 PM »

And Uncle rico - get a life! Oh yea, of course you think I'm crazy, I forgot, you are the ACLU Card carrying member and proud of it.  One nation under???  gee, wounder what the ACLU thinks we should say.

"Hell hath no fury like a woman scorned."

Sorry to get you all amped up, you obviously have some strong beliefs that you feel are being threatened here.

I think one should be objective and base their arguments on fact rather than generalized conjecture. (But call me crazy)

(The crazy thing was the set up for the joke about the <making the circular motion with the index finger thing...>

Apparently, you didn't get the visualization.

Can't we all get along?

Maybe Hugo is just misunderstood?

I have a friend from Venezuella, and he told me that they have ATV riding parks in every province - with mud pits, and hill climbs, and sand drags...and they're free to ride at. And each Christmas everyone who lives in Venezuella gets a years subscription to DirtWheels, all because of the generosity of HUGO CHAVEZ.  I'd move to Venezuela if I spoke French!

Did I mention they have "licorice trees" down there? Ummmmmmmm good.

cheropride
Supreme Member

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #10 on: September 16, 2006, 12:12:47 PM »

Ah hell, all is far in love, war and forums. 

Uncle Rico, we've been around a time or too, and never really do I take offense to any you say/type.  I knew I would get you to respond, and that's what I like.  Not scorned, actually just bored.  And yea, I have some really strong beliefs, and yes, I am hard headed, and strong willed, but love a good debate every now and then.  Oh and can you tell, Republican...  Wink

But now hubby's back w/the truck so off to Lowes I go, so I can finish my kitchen remodel...

We now return you to your regularly scheduled program....

Wink

Kawi-360 4WD/Camo
Honda 400
Polaris Ranger 700XP
cheropride
Supreme Member

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #11 on: September 16, 2006, 12:14:32 PM »

PS

But I will check back, because I know you (Uncle Rico) will come up with something to make me laugh my a$$ off!

By the way, see anymore seals..... Cry

Kawi-360 4WD/Camo
Honda 400
Polaris Ranger 700XP
Hoosier Daddy
Southern Flat Track League
Supreme Member

Team WareRacing Member #07

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #12 on: September 20, 2006, 01:01:29 PM »

http://www.cnn.com/2006/WORLD/americas/09/20/chavez.un.ap/index.html

BLISS Feed, Hay, and Race Fuels Zephyrhills, Fl
"Character is what you have when no one is looking"
BrewsYourDaddy

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #13 on: September 20, 2006, 04:26:07 PM »

Those of you who know me, know I'm a huge supporter of Hugo Chavez and Mahmoud Achmawhatshisnameahjiad.

I thought it was a little embarassing for Bush to get up and lecture the world on ethics, the same guy who is trying to rationalize TORTURE, yet wants to pretend that we're the good guys. It's embarrassing.

The problem with Bush is he has no credibility on the world stage. He's attempting to force other countries to do what he wants based on his own irrational fear of what might happen. (And we see how that turned out in Iraq)

I would not go so far as to say that he is the devil, but his good intentions tend to cost lives and freedom. That's hugely hypocritical.

Remember BUY CITGO!

FishaHallic
Supreme Member

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #14 on: September 20, 2006, 04:54:20 PM »

It looks like we have a TROLL on our site.  On another thread he proclaimed to be Muslim, sounds like some ones parents need to be watching what the kids are doing on the internet.
UncleRico
Supreme Member

"Crazy, Insane?"

View Profile WWW

Ignore
« Reply #15 on: September 20, 2006, 05:36:12 PM »

Those of you who know me, know I'm a huge supporter of Hugo Chavez and Mahmoud Achmawhatshisnameahjiad.

I thought it was a little embarassing for Bush to get up and lecture the world on ethics, the same guy who is trying to rationalize TORTURE, yet wants to pretend that we're the good guys. It's embarrassing.

The problem with Bush is he has no credibility on the world stage. He's attempting to force other countries to do what he wants based on his own irrational fear of what might happen. (And we see how that turned out in Iraq)

I would not go so far as to say that he is the devil, but his good intentions tend to cost lives and freedom. That's hugely hypocritical.

Remember BUY CITGO!

Yeah, I don't think that Bush is the devil. I've partied hard enough to see the devil at about 4am in the morning, and BUSH..."You sir, are no devil".   Besides, everyone knows FOOSBALL is the Debil.

I haven't seen the Hugo Chavez speech in it's entiredy, but I can't wait. I heard it's a real barn burner. It sounds to me though, his acerbic comments didn't do anyone any good, especially him.

Although, he's probably a little pissed about us trying to overthrow him with our little CIA sponsored coup. So, I can see him acting like a jackass on the world stage with a temper tantrum.

All in all, it was a good week for those of us who want to return to the middle ages:

Catholic Musim tensions at an all time high (Thanks Pope Benedict and hypersensitive muslims)
Bush trying to rationalize torture (Where's Tokamata when you need him?)
Black Plague in the Spinach
And Rosie on THE VIEW.

It may all be a sign of the END TIMES!

« Last Edit: September 20, 2006, 05:44:11 PM by UncleRico » Logged

gearhead400
Supreme Member

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #16 on: September 21, 2006, 05:53:16 PM »

lol all you anti bush go Hugo Chavez people should move to Venezuela and suck him off, he would like that. Yeah bush sucks, but at least you can say that openly and not get some form of punishment. This is exactly why i stay out of politics that don't effect my everyday life. You start to believe things that ruin your outlook on this nation. Sorry, but it doesn't get any better than this people.

Bury your fear, and hold fast to life!!

Mansfield
       Feeling generous?
Support/Sponsor me =] via paypal
  gearhead400ex@hotmail.com
dirtyface

Finally! ATVFlorida.com is here!

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #17 on: September 21, 2006, 09:39:43 PM »

I am with you cheropride, f##k citgo. The only reason I will go into a citgo station is to take a piss. You are not coming into our country and talk sh*t about are president. Kick that sob out of here right now. Angry

06 Bomb Outlander 800 max xt
27 xtr  type 7 wheels
hmf pipe
08 Polaris Rzr 800

88 250r
Ride1Rob
Supreme Member

YFZ 450!!!

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #18 on: September 21, 2006, 10:11:25 PM »

I agree with Rico, Bush isn't liked by the majority of his own people. The last approval rating was 44 percent and it was up from the previous. He's been lying to us even b/f he was in office. You guys remember that 1st election somehow it was announced Gore won and then... Oh no, it was Bush? The lies about Iraq, the travisty with Katrina, etc... This great nation is crumbling b/c of him and it's going to take ALOT of work to get us back in the right direction.

As far as the gas deal... if the case was as such with the statements made by Chavez you think our Government wouldn't do something about it  Roll Eyes  ? If I really felt like Chavez were out to do harm to our country and he had some part in Citgo I'd walk b/f I bought that gas Deal.

If it'll run... I'm ridin'!!!
Hoosier Daddy
Southern Flat Track League
Supreme Member

Team WareRacing Member #07

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #19 on: September 22, 2006, 06:09:06 AM »

Better Bush than, Clintion (Mr or MRs.), Ross Pereot, or Gore...
At least Bush has the nads to slap these Mid east punks in the mouth VS. tring to talk them to death...

BLISS Feed, Hay, and Race Fuels Zephyrhills, Fl
"Character is what you have when no one is looking"
Loven It
Supreme Member

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #20 on: September 22, 2006, 08:52:42 AM »

Better Bush than, Clintion (Mr or MRs.), Ross Pereot, or Gore...
At least Bush has the nads to slap these Mid east punks in the mouth VS. tring to talk them to death...

couldn't agree with you more!

99 Honda 400ex
01 Polaris Trailblazer
06 Honda 90cc
05 Kazuma 50cc

https://www.nationalmssociety.org//FLC/personal/default.asp?pa=52649935&pd=FLC0EMS120060429WWT
cheropride
Supreme Member

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #21 on: September 22, 2006, 11:15:55 AM »

You know I almost had to laugh this morning, when on the local news it comes up with "Where do you buy your gas from?"  Well, I quess I am not some crazy woman, according to the news report the goverment of venezula owns Citgo.  And who is the goverment in Venezula, ah Hugo Chavez.  Oh yea, he just loves us, yea right.  So again I say, boycot Citgo.

Who is he (Chavez) to come into our country, call our President the devil and then alloud to walk the streets of New York.  Telling all those who are poor, he is going to give them reduce gas heating bills.  Who does this guy think he is, well, then again, he is Hugo Chavez.  This man is up to no good, our worst enemies are his best buddies.  On one news station, he is praying to allah, on the next he is making the sign of the cross.  He is playing every side of the fence, and though he smiles in Castro's face, I am sure it is his dream to take over Cuba when Castro dies.  Just mark my words, this guy is up to no good and if you think for a minute he is not laughing in our face, well he is. 

Look, we all obvioulsy don't like Bush, but you know what, love him or hate him, he is the President of the United States of America.  How dare anyone speak about a President in the manner Chavez did, and then see Chavez on TV and everyone in NY giving him big huges, "oh man you're the greatest Mr. Hugo Chavez, you gonna get us off the streets and better housing".  Yea right you idot's, that's not his agenda.  His agenda is to defeat this country anyway he can.  Damn, almost sounds like the anti-christ, promising peace and prosperity to all, but at the same time looking to take over the world. 

And also third the motion, my God, Gore would of ran this Country right into the ground.  So many blame Bush for what is going on now, hello this is has been going on for years all the way back to Carter.  I say God bless America and God bless Bush!

Kawi-360 4WD/Camo
Honda 400
Polaris Ranger 700XP
ananomaly

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #22 on: September 22, 2006, 11:54:16 AM »

Clapper
You go girl....

05 eiger 4x4 manual
04 bruin
05 f150 crew 4x4
Gotta work but wanna ride.
Life should be a journy to the grave, body thoroughly used up,
totally worn out and screaming " Woo-Hoo...What a ride."
-Dan-

Good Morning Florida!

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #23 on: September 22, 2006, 01:23:18 PM »

It's the same with those campains like "don't buy gas from shell that they have to lower their prices" ... bla bla bla ... seriously ... stuff like that is crap. You know no choice, one way or another.
cheropride
Supreme Member

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #24 on: September 22, 2006, 01:31:22 PM »

It's the same with those campains like "don't buy gas from shell that they have to lower their prices" ... bla bla bla ... seriously ... stuff like that is crap. You know no choice, one way or another.

It's really not the same, my only point is that Citgo is own by Chavez's goverment.  You do have a choice to purchase gas from this man who wants to defeat the US while he is in bed with Cuba & Iran, or any other gas station.  I rather buy say from BP or Shell, long as it ain't own buy this a$$....

This really has nothing to do w/campaigns, it's supporting a dictator!  You ask me, we should drill for our own oil and stop supplying other countries with our oil, but that's a whole different issue.  My main point is Chavez and Citgo, that's all.

And thank u ananomaly appreciated Wink
« Last Edit: September 22, 2006, 03:17:37 PM by cheropride » Logged

Kawi-360 4WD/Camo
Honda 400
Polaris Ranger 700XP
Pages: [1] 2  All   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

Other Florida sites of interest: www.PinballShark.com