Home ATV Florida Forum ATV Florida Where to Ride? ATV Florida Links Advertise

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length

Home   Help Search Calendar Login Register  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Polk County Riders - Polk County OHV park  (Read 2088 times)
UncleRico
Supreme Member

"Crazy, Insane?"

View Profile WWW

Ignore
« on: September 14, 2006, 09:44:45 AM »

I received a voice mail from Randy Wilkinson this morning, Polk County Commissioner, in response to the other thread (See Polk County OHV Park in the General Discussion Section).

He assures me that he is actively persuing an OHV park in Polk County.

He began the plan some 6 years back, and will be actively working on it during this term.
He assures me that this project will be completed this time around.

I would urge you to get out and vote for Wilkinson if you live in Polk and are pro-ATV.

Also, VERY IMPORTANT - If you live in Polk and would be interested in serving on the committee, there is one spot left. Mr. Wilkinson has asked me to make a suggestion for a suitable candidate if I can find one.

If  you wish to represent our sport, and have the time and energy to commit to this process let me know if you are intersted.

Thank you

UNLUCKY #13 RACING  "I want to thank my sponsors, Jack Cass Bail Bonds, The Cleveland Steamer Carpet Cleaner Company, The Rusty Trombone Pub, and Dirty Sanchez's Liquor and Check Cashing."
Bigscrb15
Supreme Member

I'm a Florida Mud Rider

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #1 on: September 14, 2006, 10:31:18 AM »

Randy Wilkinson is definitely the guy we need sitting on the County Comission. He has been fighting for this park for awhile now. I have exchanged a few emails with him and he is very adimant that this gets done. I would like to be on the committee but I am not sure I have the time right now. However, Please let me know if there is anything I can do.

"When once you have tasted flight, you will forever walk the earth with your eyes turned skyward, for there you have been, and there you will always long to return."
tekhanto

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #2 on: September 14, 2006, 03:29:44 PM »

What type of qualifications do they want to set on the committee Huh
Any idea of time needed  I would be very interested in trying to help us out.

You don't stop riding because you get OLD................... You get OLD because you STOP RIDING.

&
UncleRico
Supreme Member

"Crazy, Insane?"

View Profile WWW

Ignore
« Reply #3 on: September 14, 2006, 05:50:40 PM »

Tek, I don't know the specifics, however you can contact Randy Wilkinson via email.

He would be happy to give you any information you need via email.

http://www.polk-county.net/contactform.aspx?id=randywilkinson

Also, please spread the word to your friends and family to get out and vote for Wilkinson, so that he can continue to work for this OHV park.

« Last Edit: September 14, 2006, 05:52:58 PM by UncleRico » Logged

UNLUCKY #13 RACING  "I want to thank my sponsors, Jack Cass Bail Bonds, The Cleveland Steamer Carpet Cleaner Company, The Rusty Trombone Pub, and Dirty Sanchez's Liquor and Check Cashing."
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

Other Florida sites of interest: www.PinballShark.com