Home ATV Florida Forum ATV Florida Where to Ride? ATV Florida Links Advertise

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length

Home   Help Search Calendar Login Register  
Pages: 1 [2]  All   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: few pics of the r6  (Read 11757 times)
Ride1Rob
Supreme Member

YFZ 450!!!

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #25 on: September 14, 2006, 05:35:29 PM »

If you are able to tote a GPS with you check that against your speedometer, before my BUSA got tuned up and was all almost stock except for the BROCK DAVIDSON clutch cushion kit, and heavier clutch springs, PC3, and the Hindle pipe, it would bury the speedo at 185 and I thought it was going at least 190MPH, till I strapped a GPS to it and seen it was only doing 179 top speed, and top gear... The factory speedo is always off and sometimes it can be quiet a bit too.....
KAWA3, Most of the time it is at a little 1/8th mile track in Immokalee, and sometimes at Bradenton motorsports park..... I like the 1/4 mile tracks much better!!!!!!!!!

Ummm, you need to take your bike back b/c something is wrong with it. Hayabusa's are governed down at 194/195 mph. Remember... mods done to the motor only makes it faster on top end if you change your gearing. Otherwise, it only gets to that top speed faster. Speedo's are sometimes a bit off on bikes. Sometimes 3-4 MPH and that's from the stock setup. If you go changing your gearing and such it can throw it off more. I have been in situations where guys say they were running 180's and I was only doing 178/179 topped out and I was passing them.

If it'll run... I'm ridin'!!!
PLEDGER#76

1971 Honda CB350, Honda TRX450R

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #26 on: September 14, 2006, 06:30:24 PM »

Actually they are governed down to run 187MPH and that is supposed to be at the speedo but it only goes to 185MPH and of course you are losing some because the speedo is off some too, I think the speedo can be as much as 11MPH off from the factory and that is at top speed, its just like the deal with the 2005 or 2004 R6 that was supposed to turn 18000 RPM or around there and it was actually about 1200 RPM short of what Yamaha claimed. My gearing is down to run the 1/4 mile and when the speedo says 85MPH it is actually only going 74MPH, and trust me there is nothing wrong with it at all you can ask Johnny Turbo Dorbin at Excoticycles about that or C&W CYCLES in Fort Myers they are the ones who have prepped it.
JUJULO700R, I would love to see 195MPH out of a GSXR750, I know they are fast and can turn some RPMs but that sounds like alot for a 750, a friend that I ride with has one that is modded and I can smoke him top-end (or anywhere else for that matter) sounds like we need to get a group ride going one day, I am located in Estero in South Florida and its kind of between Naples and Fort Myers.....So I guess I will talk to yall later.....

1971 Honda CB350 and its mint
Honda TRX450R
PLEDGER#76

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #27 on: September 14, 2006, 06:32:34 PM »

LE_YFZ_2005,    Sorry for the highjacking of your thread man, you do have a sweeeeet Yamaha there.....

Honda TRX450R
Ride1Rob
Supreme Member

YFZ 450!!!

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #28 on: September 14, 2006, 06:55:25 PM »

LE_YFZ_2005,    Sorry for the highjacking of your thread man, you do have a sweeeeet Yamaha there.....

What he said  Wink  .

Pledge, I forgot man... Yamahas are faster than Susuckis anyway. That's why your bike doesn't go as fast  Kiss  .

PLEDGER#76

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #29 on: September 14, 2006, 07:23:25 PM »

I dont know about that I know the ATVs are bad a$$ I have had an 04 an 05 and now race a 2006 YFZ, But I have yet to be beat by a yamaha streetbike at the drag strip, im sure on a twisty road it would be a challenge though...
You know its all in fun anyway, I would still like to see that GSXR750 do 195MPH like JUJULO770R says though.....

Honda TRX450R
Ride1Rob
Supreme Member

YFZ 450!!!

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #30 on: September 14, 2006, 07:33:58 PM »

I dont know about that I know the ATVs are bad a$$ I have had an 04 an 05 and now race a 2006 YFZ, But I have yet to be beat by a yamaha streetbike at the drag strip, im sure on a twisty road it would be a challenge though...
You know its all in fun anyway, I would still like to see that GSXR750 do 195MPH like JUJULO770R says though.....

I was just messin' with ya  Wink  . I also can't see a 750 running that fast either. They can run though.

jujulo700R

When my clutch pops, my front wheels will hop!

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #31 on: September 14, 2006, 09:48:24 PM »

I was just messin' with ya    . I also can't see a 750 running that fast either. They can run though.

Sorry to jack your thread too but I had to chime in. My bike is setup for top end only. I basically have no bottom end (It is a little difficult to drive coming out in first). I have hit the number more than once but I can only do it during the winter when the cold air is abundant. During the warmer season I can only reach the 180's but when winter rolls around, the bike wakes up Evil. It may depend on your location as well as I have done it in Tallahassee and not in Tampa yet. Another thing, they had several magazines show stock shootouts were 750's were doing 179 out the box and busas 190 out of the box (using radar guns). Squeezing an extra 15 mphs out is not that hard if you know what to do. You have to drop some coin but it can be done. That was the reason why I bought the 750 in the first place because of the reviews. Just trying to clear things up. Wink
« Last Edit: September 14, 2006, 10:02:34 PM by jujulo700R » Logged

Just a little fast and just a little furious.
01ZX12R
Supreme Member

Its all fun and games till the flag drops!!!

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #32 on: September 14, 2006, 10:22:11 PM »

Well guys I can not see a 750 hitting them kinda numbers. I have built a ton of them. The government did put a restriction limit of 187mph on all production bikes, which can be bypassed. The higher the mph the farther your speedo is off. And the gearing in your bike will change your speedo drasticly. I have been on plenty of Busa's and ZX12's and yes the speedo may be reading 190-195 but in reality I was only going a little over 185mph. And at them kinda numbers you do not have the time to actually stair at your speedo, if you do I want to take a ride on that road. And as far as sqeezing that extra 15mph out of a bike at top end is harder than what you think. just my .02

[attachment deleted by admin]

K&K Motorsports 
Full Spectrum Racing
06' YFZ450  #12
08' KFX450  #21
08' LTR450   #132
jujulo700R

When my clutch pops, my front wheels will hop!

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #33 on: September 15, 2006, 12:06:05 AM »

Well guys I can not see a 750 hitting them kinda numbers. I have built a ton of them. The government did put a restriction limit of 187mph on all production bikes, which can be bypassed. The higher the mph the farther your speedo is off. And the gearing in your bike will change your speedo drasticly. I have been on plenty of Busa's and ZX12's and yes the speedo may be reading 190-195 but in reality I was only going a little over 185mph. And at them kinda numbers you do not have the time to actually stair at your speedo, if you do I want to take a ride on that road. And as far as sqeezing that extra 15mph out of a bike at top end is harder than what you think. just my .02

Sorry about the jack again. I am sure you have built a lot of bikes and I did as well. But a lot of people assume that the only way to get faster is by enhancing the motor. This is true to an extent but eventually that will have to stop otherwise it will just be a completely different motor. After you have done the engine mods (bump compression, cams, gearing, etc), you need to find speed elsewhere. This is when the power to weight ratio comes into play. I was only 170 ( a little heavier now) and I made my bike to be light. I tossed the mirrors, rear footpegs, headlight, and whatever else I could get rid of. After that I went with carbon fiber tank, carbon fiber frame parts, light wheels, drilled parts, and more. I even had a fake seat on my bike. You completely gut the original seat and put a thin peice of carbon fiber in it to fill it out.  Like I said earlier, you have to drop some coin but it can be done. I have witnesses that seen me do it and now I wish I had video tape. By the way, take a trip up to Tallahassee to find these wide open back roads. You will love em'. Sorry about the long post.
« Last Edit: September 15, 2006, 12:07:50 AM by jujulo700R » Logged

Just a little fast and just a little furious.
UncleRico
Supreme Member

"Crazy, Insane?"

View Profile WWW

Ignore
« Reply #34 on: September 16, 2006, 09:52:12 AM »

Proof of 200 mph plus...(check digital speedo at about the 1:05 mark of the clip)

I'm pretty sure this is a 750, and they only upgrade he has is a new slip on pipe. (Of course I might be a tad off)

Enjoy.

Uncle Rico

UNLUCKY #13 RACING  "I want to thank my sponsors, Jack Cass Bail Bonds, The Cleveland Steamer Carpet Cleaner Company, The Rusty Trombone Pub, and Dirty Sanchez's Liquor and Check Cashing."
UncleRico
Supreme Member

"Crazy, Insane?"

View Profile WWW

Ignore
« Reply #35 on: September 16, 2006, 09:59:18 AM »

And here's a camera on the speedo.

I think it would go past 220 if the speedo went higher

Enjoy

UNLUCKY #13 RACING  "I want to thank my sponsors, Jack Cass Bail Bonds, The Cleveland Steamer Carpet Cleaner Company, The Rusty Trombone Pub, and Dirty Sanchez's Liquor and Check Cashing."
LTR450 994

let's go ride

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #36 on: September 16, 2006, 12:30:49 PM »

Proof of 200 mph plus...(check digital speedo at about the 1:05 mark of the clip)

I'm pretty sure this is a 750, and they only upgrade he has is a new slip on pipe. (Of course I might be a tad off)

http://youtube.com/watch?v=_XN88z_uCSs

Enjoy.

Uncle Rico
thats not 200 mph, thats a euro bike they dont read in mph, its kmh and kmh is different than mph.
LTR450 994

let's go ride

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #37 on: September 16, 2006, 12:34:00 PM »

And here's a camera on the speedo.

I think it would go past 220 if the speedo went higher

http://youtube.com/watch?v=Ifrk6JeCafo

Enjoy
the higher the speedo goes the the greater of a % it will be off. every bike is off from the factory by atleast 10%. only true way to check on top speed is with a radar or a GPS.
BrewsYourDaddy

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #38 on: September 18, 2006, 05:03:59 PM »

Are you calling ghost rider a liar?

Pages: 1 [2]  All   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

Other Florida sites of interest: www.PinballShark.com