Home ATV Florida Forum ATV Florida Where to Ride? ATV Florida Links Advertise

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length

Home   Help Search Calendar Login Register  
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 5   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: It's Official !!!! Lee County to Open an OHV Park (((sort of)))  (Read 54328 times)
SWFRider

Nothing to see here , Move along !

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #25 on: September 14, 2006, 09:48:27 PM »

This will be great if its not overly restrictive. Aslo agree with others about some of the idot riders I ve seen and trash. Hopefully we can keep it after its open. I read California makes 3.2 Billion a year on OHV area use. Its about time Florida wakes up and sets aside some area for this kind of recreational use.  Grin

http://home.earthlink.net/~chstevens04/quads/my06raptor.jpg
06 Yamaha Rator 700 - AC Nerfs and Bumper , GYTR Air Filter Complete,Yoshi RS 7 Pipe,Dobeck TFI
05 Yamaha 350 Raptor K&N Filters , HMF Slip-on, Edelbrock Carb, GYTR Air Filter Complete
Shotgun
Supreme Member

2003 Yamaha Kodiak, 2004 Suzuki Eiger, 2007 Seadoo

View Profile WWW

Ignore
« Reply #26 on: September 14, 2006, 10:14:30 PM »

I heard L-Cross makes 3.1 Billion so they aren't far behind.  Tongue
boneman

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #27 on: September 15, 2006, 05:59:55 AM »

Have you priced the sand rails they use in California? I see why they make 3.2 billion off of OHV. One forum I was on had sand rails starting at 40,000 up to 195,000. I'd say their market can afford a few fees when you spend that kind of money on leisure activities.
Shotgun
Supreme Member

View Profile WWW

Ignore
« Reply #28 on: September 15, 2006, 09:15:11 AM »

I would say that L-cross and C&R are about as good a vaue for the money as you can get and we are lucky to have them.
deano 177

View Profile WWW

Ignore
« Reply #29 on: September 15, 2006, 04:23:27 PM »

Have you priced the sand rails they use in California? I see why they make 3.2 billion off of OHV. One forum I was on had sand rails starting at 40,000 up to 195,000. I'd say their market can afford a few fees when you spend that kind of money on leisure activities.

but over here that money is like 2 to 4 thousand dollars...

arcticcat 500 Automatic
27" mud lites
42 pilot jet, 150 high jet
2" snorkles
warn winch with synthetic line
radiator relocated
garmin GPS on the handle bars
Z71 extended cab
15'X5' utility trailer
Trying to find a place to ride near jacksonville(arn't we all?)
AintSkeered
Contributing Member Plus
Supreme Member

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #30 on: September 15, 2006, 04:49:16 PM »

3.1 Billion divided by 1 event per month x 12 months per year = $258 milliion per event @ L-Cross? Does Ms. Pearce know about this?

2015 Can-Am Outlander XT-P by Perry Performance Group
Shotgun
Supreme Member

View Profile WWW

Ignore
« Reply #31 on: September 15, 2006, 05:02:15 PM »

It's kind of like buying a house in California compared to here. A $200,000 house here will cost you $200,000,000,000 in California.
Thrumud
Supreme Member

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #32 on: September 15, 2006, 05:11:20 PM »

Thats great news!  Can you tell us how many acres??

640 acres

Thrumud
Supreme Member

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #33 on: September 15, 2006, 05:12:10 PM »

what about the area south of the area I know of???

Nope, that's private own land / city land

Thrumud
Supreme Member

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #34 on: September 15, 2006, 05:13:28 PM »

I know you are gettin asked all kinds of questions... but I was wondering if there was going to be any mud? And if you knew if buggy were going to be allowed?

Thanks for your time,
                     Swamper

No buggies No mud - just trails

Thrumud
Supreme Member

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #35 on: September 15, 2006, 05:15:08 PM »

Will there be camping/cabins?

No camping no cabins, Will be open from sunrise to sundown.  What days.... I don't know yet

Thrumud
Supreme Member

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #36 on: September 15, 2006, 05:16:51 PM »

Is this going to be privately owned or county? Not that it really matters.

County owned and operated.

Thrumud
Supreme Member

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #37 on: September 15, 2006, 05:25:17 PM »

Will there be someone there that can write tickets and keep the idiots from doing donuts in the parking area? When they open this area, they really need to have police there writing lots of tickets so that the trouble makers will go elsewhere plus the message will get out that that kind of crap will not be tolerated. The last thing you want to do is get bad press and have the environmentalist wacko's jumping on this. Once that happens, you will see closures. Just my two cents if it's worth that.

According to the project manager, there will be some form of supervision.  Don’t know if county sheriff or park ranger.  There will be rules and regulation like any county park.  I don’t know all the rules yet.  Everyone must sign a waiver upon entrance.   

Thrumud
Supreme Member

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #38 on: September 15, 2006, 05:27:20 PM »

i aprecciate all ur hard work thurmud  YOU R THE MAN!!  R U RUNNING IN 08 FOR PRESIDENT  YOU GOT MY VOTE!!   RIDE HARD OR GO HOME

LOL, not for president - city commissioner maybe

Shotgun
Supreme Member

View Profile WWW

Ignore
« Reply #39 on: September 15, 2006, 05:28:44 PM »

You have my vote!
Thrumud
Supreme Member

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #40 on: September 15, 2006, 06:05:49 PM »

Guys, I won't take any credit for the opening of this OHV.  I will admit I have been on top of park & rec about the issue, I've sent e-mails to city officials, been keeping in touch with the OHV Advisory Committee (John Waldron)
Getting dealers involved, passing flyers at hot spots on weekends, keeping in touch with other user groups ( atvmiaxtreme riders, North Port Off road ) posting updates and articles on this site - basically … I’ve just been involved and that’s what an ATV enthusiast is all about.   To me, ATV riding is not just a recreation …it’s a part of my life.
Ask a Harley rider what riding his / her Harley is about, and they’ll tell ya. 

Rick V. aka (lswjth2 on this site) I met him at the Collier County rally a few months back.  If it wasn't for him, I wouldn't be so politically involved.  He is the voice when it comes to the media, and local news articles about the use of ATVs in South West Florida and Miami. When ever there is an ATV issue, he’s there !   If anyone deserves the credit for representing us, fighting the SWFMD, communicating with county and government agencies, it’s this man.  Thanks Rick

Thrumud
Supreme Member

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #41 on: September 15, 2006, 06:09:29 PM »

On Sept 28th at the OHV ADVISORY COMMITTEE, LEE COUNTY PARKS & REC (Fred Johnson) will provide us all the info about the park.  Please guys try to be there.

Shotgun
Supreme Member

View Profile WWW

Ignore
« Reply #42 on: September 15, 2006, 06:11:38 PM »

Where?
boneman

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #43 on: September 15, 2006, 06:18:49 PM »

According to the project manager, there will be some form of supervision.  Don’t know if county sheriff or park ranger.  There will be rules and regulation like any county park.  I don’t know all the rules yet.  Everyone must sign a waiver upon entrance

Excellentay! Keep the goofballs away. Jolly good show thrumud! Toast

Oh by the way, I can double up and not wear a helmet can't I?  Yup!
Shotgun
Supreme Member

View Profile WWW

Ignore
« Reply #44 on: September 15, 2006, 08:43:33 PM »

I would think that they would require helmets.
Thrumud
Supreme Member

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #45 on: September 15, 2006, 09:03:43 PM »

Where?

Please be advised that the next OHV Committee Meeting will be September 28, 2006 in Ft. Myers, Florida. Lee County Parks and Recreation Department is hosting the meeting at the City of Palms Park which is the spring training grounds for the Boston Red Sox.  The City of Palms Park is located at 2201 Edison Avenue, Ft Myers.  We will be meeting in the Press Dinning room on the 3rd Floor.  The meeting is scheduled from 10:00 am to 2:00 pm (promptly).  Due to the possibility of a large number of attendees at this meeting we will not break for lunch, but work straight through until 2:00 pm.  (In addition, there will be a grant review sub-committee meeting the night before (September 27th) at 6:00 pm at a location to be named later).

Highlights of the regular OHV meeting will include approving the recommendations of new OHV grants: discussion of the new ATV riding law Chapter 316.2123, F.S.; strategic planning for the OHV program; current status of the OHV program and possible sites; and public input.  A draft agenda is attached for your review.

The OHV Committee Meetings are scheduled quarterly and are conducted at various geographic locations in Florida.  This is an excellent time for interested parties in south Florida to attend.  These meetings are designed primarily to identify and help develop legal areas for the public to ride ATVs and Off-Highway Motorcycles in Florida while safeguarding public and privates lands from illegal riding activities.

Please make sure you have this on your calendar and call me if you have any questions.   

Dennis
239-464-8737

Thrumud
Supreme Member

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #46 on: September 15, 2006, 09:06:49 PM »

According to the project manager, there will be some form of supervision.  Don’t know if county sheriff or park ranger.  There will be rules and regulation like any county park.  I don’t know all the rules yet.  Everyone must sign a waiver upon entrance

Excellentay! Keep the goofballs away. Jolly good show thrumud! Toast

Oh by the way, I can double up and not wear a helmet can't I?  Yup!

No double up, about the helmets I was told that anyone under the age of 16 must wear a helmet, boots and goggles.  Minors under the age of 16 must be with parent or gardian at all times. 

IXIswamperIXI
Supreme Member

Rich men use dollars, Common folks use sense

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #47 on: September 16, 2006, 04:04:30 PM »

I am happy for yall, thats cool, I guess I still need to look for places to ride.  Smiley

I told my wife that a husband is like a fine wine; he gets better with age. The next day, she locked me in the cellar.
Teej

Finally, ATVFlorida.com is here!

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #48 on: September 16, 2006, 04:25:45 PM »

How did this all get started? We need help up here in N. FL.

There have been 3 recent attempts up here in N. FL that have been shot down. One was for a designated riding area in a old rock pit area on the outside edge of Lake City. That was voted down.

Then there was the possibility of allowing legal riding on some designated county dirt roads. That was voted down this week.

I have friends in an ongoing current legal battle with a non-resident property owner preventing them from opening a privately owned public 80 acre atv/motorcross park.

I'll bet that the Columbia County officials in Lake City did not know they could make money with this?

Teej

Kawasaki 400 4x4 Prarie, Mine
Polaris 330 Trailboss, Wife's
Honda 250 Recon, Daughters
Kazuma 110 Falcon Mkll, Sons
Thrumud
Supreme Member

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #49 on: September 16, 2006, 09:45:23 PM »

How did this all get started? We need help up here in N. FL.

There have been 3 recent attempts up here in N. FL that have been shot down. One was for a designated riding area in a old rock pit area on the outside edge of Lake City. That was voted down.

Then there was the possibility of allowing legal riding on some designated county dirt roads. That was voted down this week.

I have friends in an ongoing current legal battle with a non-resident property owner preventing them from opening a privately owned public 80 acre atv/motorcross park.

I'll bet that the Columbia County officials in Lake City did not know they could make money with this?

Teej

Want help Huh? Contact John Waldron from the OHV Advisory Committee. They will help, but you MUST do your part.

John C. Waldron

Forest Recreation Coordinator

850/414-9852

Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 5   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

Other Florida sites of interest: www.PinballShark.com