Home ATV Florida Forum ATV Florida Where to Ride? ATV Florida Links Advertise

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length

Home   Help Search Calendar Login Register  
Pages: [1] 2  All   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Gas prices headed down..  (Read 9829 times)
MadMudder
Supreme Member

Semper Fi

View Profile

Ignore
« on: September 05, 2006, 04:41:25 PM »

I had a big topic on gas prices but I cant find it. Anyway noticed that gas is down to like 2.60 a gallon on my exit. But diesel is still almost 3 bucks. But I heard that its supposeted to be 2dollars by thanksgiving. Dont know about that but just wanted to know if everybody is having the same luck.

2013 BF650i 4x4
Stock; for now..
Fox17
Supreme Member

Go Gators!!

View Profile WWW

Ignore
« Reply #1 on: September 05, 2006, 04:42:13 PM »

sweet! my tundra gets kinda bad gas mileage. Sad i cant wait. Grin
gery350
Supreme Member

no guts, no glory

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #2 on: September 05, 2006, 04:45:07 PM »

just read they found a large amount of fuel deep in the gulf which is supposed to suBstantially increase our reserves.
i doubt it will affect prices though.

COMMIE BASTARDS! Grin

hey this is klutchbuster350, me and rl400*mostly rl400* made my dad this sig. now lets see how long it takes him to notice lol
hey while im here...........klutchbuster rules!!!!!!
http://i6.photobucket.com/albums/y235/klutchbuster350/gery350_3.gif
Alba450
Supreme Member

When in doubt lock em' up!

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #3 on: September 05, 2006, 05:27:59 PM »

THank GOD that Gas is Going down!  But are "NORMAL" price per gallon is like $1.75....But if It will be $2 I'll be Happy

It costs $65 to fill up my Lightning!!!  I get 12.5 mpg cruising!!! 

*But if you drive like Ralph Schumacher i'll luckyly get 9 mpg!!!

Thanks to my Sponsors at.....

***OMF Performance***
***Liquid Performance***
***Fasst Flexx Handlebars***
***Laeger's Racing***
***AMSOIL Racing***
***VORTEX Racing***
***PowerMadd Handgaurds***

"Your mom? Yeah I know her. She took more shots in the mouth than Stallone in Rocky III"
americanhighlander
Supreme Member

I love boating and fourwheeling,salt water fishing

View Profile WWW

Ignore
« Reply #4 on: September 05, 2006, 05:31:32 PM »

I guess Ga will be best deal when it drops this winter..

http://widget.slide.com/rdr/1/1/3/W/10000000bb75877/1/320/C3zfUOyy7z9lkQxLVEpqAid4fox1Ohlr.jpg(I always say:Ride Harder Let Your freedom Go!!)
I'm a goat farmer live on 8acrefarmlivingwith my parents.http://www.youtube.com/foxman362
UncleRico
Supreme Member

"Crazy, Insane?"

View Profile WWW

Ignore
« Reply #5 on: September 05, 2006, 05:54:38 PM »

I heard that about the FIELD they found in the Gulf. I hear it's DEEP. So, hopefully, that'll take a bit of the bite out of prices at the pump.

I'm still considering trading in my Diamond Encrusted Stretch Hummer for a more economical model....maybe just a regular H1 sand diamonds.

I wish they'd come up with one that runs on Baby Harp Seals...that would be kind of cool. I think chicks would dig it.

UNLUCKY #13 RACING  "I want to thank my sponsors, Jack Cass Bail Bonds, The Cleveland Steamer Carpet Cleaner Company, The Rusty Trombone Pub, and Dirty Sanchez's Liquor and Check Cashing."
AmericanRobster
Supreme Member

2006 Arctic Cat 500 TRV 4X4

View Profile WWW

Ignore
« Reply #6 on: September 05, 2006, 08:35:18 PM »

I have that 350 Chevy V8, every little bit will help.

2006 Acrtic Cat TRV 500 4X4

1997 Chevy Silverado

2007 Dodge Ram 1500 Thunder Road
garym
Supreme Member

four wheeling or fishing, it always takes gas

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #7 on: September 06, 2006, 11:31:47 AM »

last I saw, the NYMEX exchange had gas for october delivery at $1.67 per gallon.  add a mark up for gas station profit and taxes and we should be around $2.29 by the middle to end of october.  Diesel was at 1.93 per gallon and add mark up and taxes.  By the way, a lot of our diesel is shipped overseas as they use more diesel than us and in return, they ship us a lot of gas....fyi
« Last Edit: September 06, 2006, 11:56:03 AM by garym » Logged
americanhighlander
Supreme Member

I love boating and fourwheeling,salt water fishing

View Profile WWW

Ignore
« Reply #8 on: September 06, 2006, 04:36:45 PM »

I took, a day off today and went to valdosta Ga
and i saw gas prices over by mall and lowest i have seen was 2.24$ at sams club
and some of prices i seen from 2.29$-2.35$ in south Ga thats for unleaded gas prices.

Wait untill in 2 or 3 months then gas will start to drop,This good news for durham P. riders out there
doing there weekend trips up there!!!  Smiley
« Last Edit: September 06, 2006, 04:38:55 PM by americanhighlander » Logged

http://widget.slide.com/rdr/1/1/3/W/10000000bb75877/1/320/C3zfUOyy7z9lkQxLVEpqAid4fox1Ohlr.jpg(I always say:Ride Harder Let Your freedom Go!!)
I'm a goat farmer live on 8acrefarmlivingwith my parents.http://www.youtube.com/foxman362
k.p.
Supreme Member

6 in a row makes it go!

View Profile WWW

Ignore
« Reply #9 on: September 06, 2006, 05:06:48 PM »

on the news this mornin i saw that the oil feild would take about three years to tap into. its reaaaaaaally far down there. im not sure if that was right or not then again it was 6 in the mornin so i was still half asleep
RAD 450r
Supreme Member

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #10 on: September 06, 2006, 09:51:58 PM »

Yeah ive heard that too, Second biggest oil find for north america since they discovered oil in Alaska.  But the info about gas going down to two dollars around thanksgiving was realeased b4 they found this field

XC FTR #28C
-KFX450R, Hipers
- Silver L
snowmanzz13
Supreme Member

when are we going riding?

View Profile WWW

Ignore
« Reply #11 on: September 06, 2006, 10:01:43 PM »

i just came back from ohio and gas prices were sitting at around $2.40 ish, but disel was still at $3, now hopefully someone can explain why, disel being the cheaper made fuel, cost so much more then regular gas?

banshee Sad for sale
blaster 200 gone
ds 650   for sale
odyssey   for sale
polaris sportsman 700   for sale
helmets save lives, so wear one!!

http://www.myspace.com/954snowmann
garym
Supreme Member

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #12 on: September 07, 2006, 08:00:41 AM »

we are in a global economy and a lot of our diesel is shipped overseas where they can make more money from it.
xr100racer

« Reply #13 on: September 07, 2006, 04:58:20 PM »

yea, great for my atv but im paying 3.10 for diesel in my truck. what the hell, diesel's cheaper to refine but right now its 40 cents more than regular. can someone explain?
MadMudder
Supreme Member

Semper Fi

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #14 on: September 07, 2006, 05:36:17 PM »

It takes more oil to make a gallon of diesel than it does to make a gallon of gasoline. So even though it costs less to refine, it uses more oil. Anyway the field is 270 miles south of New Orleans and its 30,000 miles below the sea floor. The technology or the ability to reach it wont be ready for atleast 10 years but we could get almost 12billion barrles of gas from it. If you think about it, were gonna need 30,000 miles of lava proof pipe to get to the reserve. I say lava proof because the crust of the earth is only 25 miles thick. After that, its all lava untill you get to the outer core. So thats also a problem. So if all goes well, by 2016 or so we should get access to it.

2013 BF650i 4x4
Stock; for now..
xr100racer

« Reply #15 on: September 07, 2006, 07:07:41 PM »

30,000 miles..hmm, seems a little far. they should make sure the pipe is china proof too
UncleRico
Supreme Member

"Crazy, Insane?"

View Profile WWW

Ignore
« Reply #16 on: September 07, 2006, 07:29:27 PM »

we are in a global economy and a lot of our diesel is shipped overseas where they can make more money from it.

If that's the truth, why aren't they shipping the gas to belgium and other countries in Europe, they pay the equivalent of 6.00 a gallon USD in Belgium.

The economics of the situation make no sense. BP finds a damaged pipeline that will be shut down for a good 3 months in Alaska, the situation in Iraq is so unstable that people can't move through the streets freely, let alone maintain a working oil production sytem and the price of oil is falling?

It makes no sense.

Sometimes I wonder if they just BS us on the news to keep us from rioting in the streets.

UNLUCKY #13 RACING  "I want to thank my sponsors, Jack Cass Bail Bonds, The Cleveland Steamer Carpet Cleaner Company, The Rusty Trombone Pub, and Dirty Sanchez's Liquor and Check Cashing."
Alba450
Supreme Member

When in doubt lock em' up!

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #17 on: September 07, 2006, 07:35:14 PM »

If that's the truth, why aren't they shipping the gas to belgium and other countries in Europe, they pay the equivalent of 6.00 a gallon USD in Belgium.

The economics of the situation make no sense. BP finds a damaged pipeline that will be shut down for a good 3 months in Alaska, the situation in Iraq is so unstable that people can't move through the streets freely, let alone maintain a working oil production sytem and the price of oil is falling?

It makes no sense.

Sometimes I wonder if they just BS us on the news to keep us from rioting in the streets.

Of course they BS us man....Havent you seen the crap on the news about all this OIL crap.....Come on dude they just want us to shut up so that the BIG OIL companies can get some $$$$......We got to get up & Protest...But wait we CAN'T!!  We need to get a PERMIT but will they give us a PERMIT...I dont think they will.  So ya America America.......

Havent you seen the beack of your $1 Dollar BILL lately cuz on the Top Left were the eagle is.....Their is a JEWISH star.....Guess whos running are country?

Thanks to my Sponsors at.....

***OMF Performance***
***Liquid Performance***
***Fasst Flexx Handlebars***
***Laeger's Racing***
***AMSOIL Racing***
***VORTEX Racing***
***PowerMadd Handgaurds***

"Your mom? Yeah I know her. She took more shots in the mouth than Stallone in Rocky III"
UncleRico
Supreme Member

"Crazy, Insane?"

View Profile WWW

Ignore
« Reply #18 on: September 07, 2006, 07:52:30 PM »

Havent you seen the beack of your $1 Dollar BILL lately cuz on the Top Left were the eagle is.....Their is a JEWISH star.....Guess whos running are country?

Eagles?

No wait..I want to use my "phone a friend" or 50/50.

MadMudder
Supreme Member

Semper Fi

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #19 on: September 07, 2006, 11:17:44 PM »

Somehow I dont think Jews are running the country. So if thats what you ment then allot of crap is heading your way. Anyway the earth is like a million or so miles thick. So 30,000 is nothing. I know its hard to imagine it but its true. So rico, you better trade your diamoned incrusted hummer on a lincon with hydraulics or something like that.. Cool

2013 BF650i 4x4
Stock; for now..
Fox17
Supreme Member

Go Gators!!

View Profile WWW

Ignore
« Reply #20 on: September 07, 2006, 11:20:04 PM »

30,000 miles..hmm, seems a little far. they should make sure the pipe is china proof too

i dont think the earth is much more than 30,000 miles through it.  Huh it would be easer for china or whoever is on th eother side to get it. o well. i think it is a bunch of crap.
Fox17
Supreme Member

Go Gators!!

View Profile WWW

Ignore
« Reply #21 on: September 07, 2006, 11:21:26 PM »

i think it only takes like 52,000 miles to travel round the world.
MadMudder
Supreme Member

Semper Fi

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #22 on: September 07, 2006, 11:24:03 PM »

Yea, my bad.. I looked it up and found out that the inner core of the earth is only like 3100 miles away. So my local news has to be seriously wrong. Hope so cause were gonna need a china proof pipe.. Wink

2013 BF650i 4x4
Stock; for now..
garym
Supreme Member

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #23 on: September 08, 2006, 08:57:09 AM »

the reason the costs of fuel is more overseas is due to taxes.  they tax the hell out of fuel over there...
Silverstar

Sportin' a Vinson!!

View Profile WWW

Ignore
« Reply #24 on: September 08, 2006, 12:31:24 PM »

They probably meant 31,000 FEET deep. 31,000 miles would be poking out the other side of the earth. Gas prices going down is DEFINATELY good news for my buddy with his Brute Force 750!! That thing drinks gas like no tomorrow!

04 Suzuki Vinson 500 manual tranny. 25" mudzillas, snorkeled. Still have my samurai for sale.
Pages: [1] 2  All   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

Other Florida sites of interest: www.PinballShark.com