Home ATV Florida Forum ATV Florida Where to Ride? ATV Florida Links Advertise

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length

Home   Help Search Calendar Login Register  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Bottoming out whine....  (Read 1799 times)
Sahara311

View Profile WWW

Ignore
« on: June 22, 2006, 01:59:59 PM »

So, took my quad out to Bostwick Creek MX park yesterday, and i am just getting brave enough to jump the hills instead of rolling them.
So, I start jumping and at first, i am landing way forward and subsequently have a sore chest and wrists due to it, but anyways... Undecided
I start jumping bigger, and landing further back, and  CLUNK
total bottom. Angry
So i try to adjust my landings and no go, still bottoming out. Cry
I have a DS 250- which is truly not a "sport" quad, but i got it t o do trails and track, and it was suggested to me by the dealer OVER the quadsport.
It has a rear monoshock....
Anyone know any way to adjust the dampening?

ps-Bostwick is awesome! Huge track and well groomed, they have 2 hare scramble trails and a mini track for the kiddies.

2006 Bombardier DS 250........hers, stolen but recovered<--for sale
2003 Yamaha YZ 250.............his
2000 Honda CR 125................his birthday present
****Lock up your toys!*******
2005 Suzuki RM 250................his, stolen
koh0001

#119 - Old & Slow

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #1 on: August 14, 2006, 06:50:55 PM »

You have to make it to the downside to be soft.  Cry I know that's along way when you first start out. keep up the work and it will pay off. Grin  I'm going  to Bostwisk soon, Maybe I'll see you there. How old are you?

2006 680 Rincon- HMF pipe, snorkle, rad relocated, 2 1/2" lift, highlifter springs
2004 LSR CRF 450r Hybrid MX, nolink swinger
2001 LSR 330R -XC setup, nolink swinger
1988 TRX 344R TT nolink swinger, PEP's 
07 Eiger 400, HMF pipe, snorkle, crushlocks & 28" Outlaws
1994 TRX 90 Dual A arms
2 atc 70's
UncleRico
Supreme Member

"Crazy, Insane?"

View Profile WWW

Ignore
« Reply #2 on: August 22, 2006, 08:00:32 PM »

You want to land on the downside of the jump in the "attack position". (but over the back end, knees bent, elbows slightly bent)

Rev your throttle to bring your nose up and tap your foot brake to drop the nose down, that will adjust your attitude/pitch.

I'm not familiar with that model's rear shock, but you can check your owners manual, or look for a small round area at the top or bottom that looks like you can adjust with a flat head screw driver. Turning it clock wise and counter clock wise will make your adjustment if you indeed have an adjustable shock.

Good luck.

UNLUCKY #13 RACING  "I want to thank my sponsors, Jack Cass Bail Bonds, The Cleveland Steamer Carpet Cleaner Company, The Rusty Trombone Pub, and Dirty Sanchez's Liquor and Check Cashing."
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

Other Florida sites of interest: www.PinballShark.com