Home ATV Florida Forum ATV Florida Where to Ride? ATV Florida Links Advertise

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length

Home   Help Search Calendar Login Register  
Pages: 1 [2]  All   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Supermoto Racing in Ocala. Who Would Come?  (Read 12543 times)
Ex Racer

Finally! ATVFlorida.com is here!

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #25 on: August 21, 2006, 12:38:50 PM »

Just went to ebay and noticed quite a few sets for sale. None of them specify compound, however.

2006 LTR, CB, deleted air box lid, baffle........
fastrnrik
Supreme Member

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #26 on: August 21, 2006, 12:47:10 PM »

Us flat track guys already have the lowered quads with the Hoosier tires. The jumps are not that big, but with my setup, I wouldn't be able to air it out over them. Ebay has several sets of used tires, I will PM you some item #'s to look later today.
450r91

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #27 on: August 23, 2006, 02:30:59 PM »

Another good conpund tire would be the soft mx i razr's, So hows it looking or should i say is this definate?
fastrnrik
Supreme Member

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #28 on: August 23, 2006, 02:44:56 PM »

We would need at least 5 quads (to make a class) that pass their safety inspection. The man in charge of Southern Supermoto Association hasn't gave me the green light on the insurance yet. I will email him again today. If 5 people sound off that they want to do it FOR SURE, I will press the guy a little harder. After I posted all the details and price, interest seemed to die off a little. The next race is in Ocala on Sept. 23rd. Apparently there is a track in Starke also, but I've never seen it. It's supposed to have a bigger dirt section?

In Ocala, I would definately run hoosiers on the back at least, it's up to you though.
450r91

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #29 on: August 23, 2006, 09:02:53 PM »

I dunno, i think im going to just stick with the mx-setup cause its cheaper for me cause i pretty much have everything to set my bike up for the motocross set-up on motard, if it doesnt work i will try the hoosiers but im definatly in and i know like 5 other people that will do it so right there is enough and im sure if we just talk around we can get alot more people.
fastrnrik
Supreme Member

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #30 on: September 12, 2006, 04:08:43 PM »

Cool
450r91

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #31 on: September 12, 2006, 09:51:55 PM »

So lets definatly get this straight so we know! How many people are willing to do this? I know we can defiantly get 5 people but it would be nice for a descent turnout! Have you heard anything else from the guy yet Brady>?
fastrnrik
Supreme Member

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #32 on: September 12, 2006, 10:07:18 PM »

I haven't spoke to him in a week or two. There will be a some supermoto racers at Thunderbowl on the 16th. I will email him tomorrow.
Why don't you try the flat track out? I swear if you try it, you'll love it. It's VERY fast and competitive.
Mark Potter

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #33 on: September 12, 2006, 11:10:16 PM »

I'm sure this is a stupid, but I'll nerver find out unless I ask... Roll Eyes

Supermoto on Quads?...on concrete?...I don't get it...sounds like a total pain in the ass... Huh

Quads have a fixed axle and when diven on concrete DON'T want to turn they want to push forward since thay have that fixed single axle. All the sports I know of with quads has them sliding or swinging the rear around in a sliding motion and i don't see how this is done on concrete with flattrack tires or any type of tire. Driving my quad on concrete sucks....I have to force it to turn.

I get it for the bikes as they use road race tires and lean but a quad? outside of the dirt part of the track it seams to me it would be a pregnant dog to try and get a quad around a supermoto course. Am I missing something here? how are the quads driven on the concrete part of a supermoto course?

Now if was all dirt/clay that would be sweet for quads but if you take away the concrete I guess that is a TT course right?...TT racing does sound like it would be twice the fun of flattracking though...left turns, right turns and small jumps!..all on a dirt/clay surface letting the quad slide around...Very Cool! Cool
450r91

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #34 on: September 13, 2006, 07:59:51 PM »

Yea your definatly not helping out the stake at matter. Supermoto is very popular out west and now trying to bring it to the eastcoast. When you have enough power and a descent set-up you can slide around the turns just like tt. Dont knock on it till you try it
Mark Potter

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #35 on: September 13, 2006, 09:53:56 PM »

Yea your definatly not helping out the stake at matter. Supermoto is very popular out west and now trying to bring it to the eastcoast. When you have enough power and a descent set-up you can slide around the turns just like tt. Dont knock on it till you try it

Sorry if my opinion of riding a quad on concrete has ruffled your feathers I was simply saying that I was not getting how a quad slides around on concrete and asking for  see if maybe I am not understanding things...but, your ever so insightful answer cleared that up.

I would not want to be the reason that this sport does not take-off so how about this...

ATTENTION POSSIABLE SUPERMOTO QUAD RACERS: Please ignore my prior post regarding riding/racing a quad on concrete I was obviously out-of-my-mind and not having first hand knowledge of said riding/racing should have not spoken in such a negative manner.

We all good now?
Ex Racer

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #36 on: September 13, 2006, 10:20:01 PM »

Although your theory makes sense, I recently ran my Lt-r around the industrial park where my shop is (stock tires) and through sweeping corners the bike consisitently got "loose" (rear coming around first) when pushed to the limit. Also don't forget that if your bike tends to "push" on the asphalt, you can always lean as far forward as possible. They do supermoto quads in the west as there was a supermoto banshee recently featured in one of the magazines. I am sure that this will be an awesome form of quad racing, and I hope to participate!!

Mark Potter

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #37 on: September 13, 2006, 10:34:13 PM »

Although your theory makes sense, I recently ran my Lt-r around the industrial park where my shop is (stock tires) and through sweeping corners the bike consisitently got "loose" (rear coming around first) when pushed to the limit. Also don't forget that if your bike tends to "push" on the asphalt, you can always lean as far forward as possible. They do supermoto quads in the west as there was a supermoto banshee recently featured in one of the magazines. I am sure that this will be an awesome form of quad racing, and I hope to participate!!

Ex Racer, thanks for the info! When you are turning are you squaring it off and kicking the rear around or are you in more of a highspeed sweep or drift? I just got flattrack tires on my z400 for Ocala and was buzzing around the neighborhood and it was gripping like it was on rails and it felt that if I were to push it I would have a bad case of road-rash. I really would like to see this "in action" if you know of any sites that I can poke around to get more info please let me know.
Ex Racer

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #38 on: September 13, 2006, 10:53:36 PM »

A sweeping corner at almost a steady (fairly high) speed. This is with stock tires all the way around. Do you have flat track tires on the rear, and stock tires on the front? If that is the case, I am certain that your "push" is probably all the extra tread that the rear tires have contacting the pavement compared to the fronts. But to answer your first question, no, I did not have to force the rear around whatsovever.

Pages: 1 [2]  All   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

Other Florida sites of interest: www.PinballShark.com