Home ATV Florida Forum ATV Florida Where to Ride? ATV Florida Links Advertise

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length

Home   Help Search Calendar Login Register  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: The State of Florida VS ATVs  (Read 2151 times)
AmericanRobster
Supreme Member

2006 Arctic Cat 500 TRV 4X4

View Profile WWW

Ignore
« on: August 13, 2006, 12:08:01 AM »

I am just making an opinion on what I think we need to do as outdoor power sports enthusiasts. First we need to keep pushing the issue non-stop of not having a place to ride. Along with we should all get certified and encourage people to take safe rider courses. We as riders need to prove to local and state officials that we can be responsible for our actions while operating an ATV. I also think that we need to protest and gain nation attention on this conflict with the State of Florida. Give it time and hopefully it will come down to our officials saying " We have so many ATVs legally registered in Florida, and no place to ride them." I think that would be a great start. Maybe a petition to our Governor wouldn't be a bad idea either. Unfortunately, things take time. Hopefully soon something will progress so we can have more areas to ride our ATVs. I will tell you what really irks me is that the drug dealer down the road can sell drugs all day and not work a day in his life, while the working man puts in his 40 or more hours a week; to pay bills, support a family, and own an ATV, along with paying his taxes. Give me a break. It just shows that cops are looking to write the easy tickets to the working man because they cannot put in the dedicated time to catch a drug dealer. So the moral of the story is that, at the end of the day to save our sport we all on this forum enjoy we need to take more action any way we can to gain attention and save our sport. Thanks to everyone who read my opinion.

2006 Acrtic Cat TRV 500 4X4

1997 Chevy Silverado

2007 Dodge Ram 1500 Thunder Road
SWFRider

Nothing to see here , Move along !

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #1 on: August 13, 2006, 12:39:56 AM »

Well put !  Wink

http://home.earthlink.net/~chstevens04/quads/my06raptor.jpg
06 Yamaha Rator 700 - AC Nerfs and Bumper , GYTR Air Filter Complete,Yoshi RS 7 Pipe,Dobeck TFI
05 Yamaha 350 Raptor K&N Filters , HMF Slip-on, Edelbrock Carb, GYTR Air Filter Complete
cheropride
Supreme Member

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #2 on: August 13, 2006, 11:11:13 AM »

Very well said.  We must continue to Fight for Our Right to Ride!!!!  Keep it rolling, and we will make a difference..... Grin

Kawi-360 4WD/Camo
Honda 400
Polaris Ranger 700XP
americanhighlander
Supreme Member

I love boating and fourwheeling,salt water fishing

View Profile WWW

Ignore
« Reply #3 on: August 13, 2006, 04:42:23 PM »

I am just making an opinion on what I think we need to do as outdoor power sports enthusiasts. First we need to keep pushing the issue non-stop of not having a place to ride. Along with we should all get certified and encourage people to take safe rider courses. We as riders need to prove to local and state officials that we can be responsible for our actions while operating an ATV. I also think that we need to protest and gain nation attention on this conflict with the State of Florida. Give it time and hopefully it will come down to our officials saying " We have so many ATVs legally registered in Florida, and no place to ride them." I think that would be a great start. Maybe a petition to our Governor wouldn't be a bad idea either. Unfortunately, things take time. Hopefully soon something will progress so we can have more areas to ride our ATVs. I will tell you what really irks me is that the drug dealer down the road can sell drugs all day and not work a day in his life, while the working man puts in his 40 or more hours a week; to pay bills, support a family, and own an ATV, along with paying his taxes. Give me a break. It just shows that cops are looking to write the easy tickets to the working man because they cannot put in the dedicated time to catch a drug dealer. So the moral of the story is that, at the end of the day to save our sport we all on this forum enjoy we need to take more action any way we can to gain attention and save our sport. Thanks to everyone who read my opinion.

He's right we need start planning  a rally protest go to  main capitol building in tallhassee soon, yeah
there's topic been going on for almost about year so far, i had print out some ads of atvflorida.com web site in little flyer to hang on clipboards in some
areas in gainesville,live oak,lake city  at some walmarts here while back..

Well we need start planning big rally protest  Give Hell Lecture Drive in state of florida and we need get atv media involved  in this iuess
and  environmentalist are big key players are cuasing losing our riding areas through out state of florida and they are onies banned off shore oil drilling in gulf of mexico. Angry

Thanks,
Americanhighlander  Cool
« Last Edit: August 13, 2006, 05:43:09 PM by americanhighlander » Logged

http://widget.slide.com/rdr/1/1/3/W/10000000bb75877/1/320/C3zfUOyy7z9lkQxLVEpqAid4fox1Ohlr.jpg(I always say:Ride Harder Let Your freedom Go!!)
I'm a goat farmer live on 8acrefarmlivingwith my parents.http://www.youtube.com/foxman362
Thrumud
Supreme Member

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #4 on: August 14, 2006, 12:09:50 AM »

americanhighlander,

I agree with you, but before we take this to Tallahassee- let me tell you what I learned at the Miami OHV meeting.  The committee is made up of volunteers, some of state agencies - DOF (Deparment of Forestry), FWC (Florida Widlife Commission), DEP (Department of Environmental Protection), an Environmental group rep, DMV (Deparment of Motor Vehicle) , club president and vice president of the FTR (Florida Tral Riders)  and President of NOHVCC ( National Off-Highway Vehicle Conservation Council these guys are here to help us but we have to work with them to get our dream OHV areas open. 

The OHV committee is "NOT" the people to b!tch at.  They are aware of the problem and are working along with state officials, county commissioners, city managers and local county parks and recreation officials to recognize the problem and find a solution. 

We don't just sit on our butts and wait for an area to open, we have to do our part.  The OHV committee asked "US" to do our search of potential land that can be converted to an OHV park, like private tracts of land, county owned land, buffer areas, etc.  Present these areas to them and they will find out if the land is suitable for an OHV park. 

One last word.  We need to unite, have one person from each county get very involve with local user groups, dealers etc.  To take the initiative.  Posting the frustration of no areas to ride on this site is not enough. 
« Last Edit: August 14, 2006, 06:45:27 PM by Thrumud » Logged

Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

Other Florida sites of interest: www.PinballShark.com