Home ATV Florida Forum ATV Florida Where to Ride? ATV Florida Links Advertise

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length

Home   Help Search Calendar Login Register  
Pages: [1] 2  All   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Suburban Estates or River Ranch - Where would you buy?  (Read 13047 times)
digginfool
Supreme Member

Finally! ATVFlorida.com is here!

View Profile

Ignore
« on: August 04, 2006, 06:14:32 PM »

I'm sure this isn't the first time this subject has come up but I've decided that I'm going to buy at one or the other.  I like the idea of having an active association protecting my interests and maintaining the land but not too keen on being told what I can and can't do on MY own piece of land.  At SE, I can find my land, build a camp and do as I please on my land, however, nobody is really out there providing the maintenance that RRPOA does.  I'd like to hear from those of you that own at either or both.  Thanks.  Heck, I might even buy at both places.  Wouldn't the wife love me then?   Wink 

"Peace is that brief glorious moment in history when everybody stands around reloading". --Thomas Jefferson

"When plunder becomes a way of life for a group of men living together in society, they create for themselves ... a legal system that authorizes it and a moral code that glorifies it."
johnyfz450

Why the long face?

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #1 on: August 04, 2006, 07:27:54 PM »

I love suberban going tommorrow with my freind we have been going for over 2 years out there it's like a tiny onf.Never been to river ranch where is it located?
Fox17
Supreme Member

Go Gators!!

View Profile WWW

Ignore
« Reply #2 on: August 04, 2006, 08:46:57 PM »

we went to SE today. my friend says he had fun (he is sitting behind me). anyway i love it. it is worth the money trust me. it stormed so our day was cut short but we had fun. i suggest SE. too many rules at RR. you cant even ride a dirt bike. how stupid is that? if im gonna buy property somewhere i wanna do whatever i want to do. my $.02.
pepsi

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #3 on: August 04, 2006, 09:22:21 PM »

i just got property at R R. I been going up there with friend about a year I love it its big

05 artic cat 4x4
backwoods boy
Supreme Member

REBEL MOTORSPORTS

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #4 on: August 04, 2006, 09:42:05 PM »

se is great went out there today w/ fox17 man i could live out there but it does git muddy never been to rr but i hear lands cheaper out there

NObama08 '' nigga please its the WHITE house''
LIVE FAST-PLAY HARD-DIE LAUGHING
cheropride
Supreme Member

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #5 on: August 05, 2006, 12:26:30 PM »

I truly love SE and now since they have cracked down on the key/gate issue, getting alot better.  They are also doing key change in September, so this will really make sure that only landowners have access to the land.  I would have to disagree with the point you made regarding "no-one out their providing maintenance like RRPOA".  There is an association out there w/membership(SEPA), and I don't know if you have ever been out there, but they have done alot.  For example by the main gate, it has been grade off.  They are also working on getting the main road even better, they have cleaned up and made better the swimming hole.  I was amazed of how good some of the roads are really out there.

You know I really don't like talking about SE that much on the forum, because we just don't want any problems like in the past.  But as a landowner and since you asked, I thought I would this one time talk about it.  It is just really important that only landowners continue to have access to SE, because for whatever reason some people used to like to go out their and distroy stuff. 

Just one finall note regarding SE, land is not cheap, keep that in mind.  But to me, it is worth every penny for my little peace of heaven....

Kawi-360 4WD/Camo
Honda 400
Polaris Ranger 700XP
UncleRico
Supreme Member

"Crazy, Insane?"

View Profile WWW

Ignore
« Reply #6 on: August 05, 2006, 01:33:22 PM »

River Ranch is 40,000 acres with access to Lake Kissimee, and an active association who is constantly making improvements.

They also maintain a constant working relationship with SWFMD, and the other legal entities to ensure that our land can never be taken away.

I would suggest that you visit them both before you buy.

Don't get me wrong, I think SE is a great place to ride. But if you're into ATV riding, River Ranch is better.

Peace Out
Uncle Rico

UNLUCKY #13 RACING  "I want to thank my sponsors, Jack Cass Bail Bonds, The Cleveland Steamer Carpet Cleaner Company, The Rusty Trombone Pub, and Dirty Sanchez's Liquor and Check Cashing."
bftclub

where's the mud at?

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #7 on: August 05, 2006, 09:34:06 PM »

where is sub.estates?how many acres is there?whats the price of the property you can buy?info please
Fox17
Supreme Member

Go Gators!!

View Profile WWW

Ignore
« Reply #8 on: August 05, 2006, 11:03:25 PM »

where is sub.estates?how many acres is there?whats the price of the property you can buy?info please

holopaw. 15,000. it depends.
Wolf61

Be proud you're a Rebel

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #9 on: August 06, 2006, 07:54:22 AM »

River Ranch is 40,000 acres with access to Lake Kissimee, and an active association who is constantly making improvements.

Where is the lake access? I have yet to find it...

After visiting both RR and SE  I decided to buy out at RR. Better security and maintainence, different topography (woods,plains,open brush...) and the people are friendlier. I belong to an ATV club and most of the members own at SE, while getting into SE to ride is easier (still have to have a member with you and it doesn't cost $100.00 for a guest pass) I do like the monitored access and the fire truck protection RR has. I'm getting to know more of my campsite neighbors at RR and riding more of the trails there so its becoming "home " to me. I like SE as it is closer to me, but the extra distance to RR is well worth it in my opinion. Just my .02.....

He who dies with the most toys......still dies.

Polaris 500 4X4 EFI
'89 Ford F150 4x4
digginfool
Supreme Member

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #10 on: August 06, 2006, 11:03:01 AM »

You describe RR as woods, plains and open brush.  How is that different from SE?  I know the northern parts of SE tend to be cypress swamp but what about the rest?  Also, isn't there quite a bit of swampland to RR as well as impenetrable palmettos?  I like both areas and indications are that SE is improving security.  I would prefer to buy in RR but want to have a say about what I can and can't do on my land.  If I could buy a lot that had that security, where I can have my camp on my lot without fear that someday someone is going to show up and say 'move it pal, that's my land your camp is on.'  Push comes to shove, that could absolutely happen at RR the way they have it setup, unless the RRPOA owns the land the camps are on.  Of course, that is only a good thing if every property owner has a vested interest in RRPOA.  Otherwise, there is nothing stopping them from selling the land out from underneath your camp.  I know that's probably not going to happen but the bottom line is, there are clear laws regarding land ownership that would over-step any rules of the RRPOA.  If the rules change and I could have my camp on my lot, then I would not hesitate to buy at RR.  I may still buy there anyways.  The jury on this thread appears to still be out as the comments are 4-3 in favor of SE.  Need more comments from people who actually own out there.

"Peace is that brief glorious moment in history when everybody stands around reloading". --Thomas Jefferson

"When plunder becomes a way of life for a group of men living together in society, they create for themselves ... a legal system that authorizes it and a moral code that glorifies it."
UncleRico
Supreme Member

"Crazy, Insane?"

View Profile WWW

Ignore
« Reply #11 on: August 06, 2006, 11:28:10 AM »

Lake access for River Ranch is on the north side of Hwy 60.

UNLUCKY #13 RACING  "I want to thank my sponsors, Jack Cass Bail Bonds, The Cleveland Steamer Carpet Cleaner Company, The Rusty Trombone Pub, and Dirty Sanchez's Liquor and Check Cashing."
cheropride
Supreme Member

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #12 on: August 06, 2006, 11:29:57 AM »

Very well put Diggin - that was one of our major deciding factors for purchasing at SE instead of RR.  It is our property.  And yes, the security has become alot better and SEPA is doing things all the time to increase the security and make SE even better.  Yea, it was out of control for awhile, but things have gotten better.  There is all types of riding up there.  

Kawi-360 4WD/Camo
Honda 400
Polaris Ranger 700XP
Fox17
Supreme Member

Go Gators!!

View Profile WWW

Ignore
« Reply #13 on: August 06, 2006, 03:05:59 PM »

SE you wont be dissappointed. we absolutely love it. bought land bout 4 minths ago. awesome. there are some lots in the forsale section.
pepsi

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #14 on: August 06, 2006, 07:32:06 PM »

RIVER RANCH IS A LOT BETTER  Wink

05 artic cat 4x4
cycole

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #15 on: August 06, 2006, 10:29:19 PM »

You describe RR as woods, plains and open brush.  How is that different from SE?  I know the northern parts of SE tend to be cypress swamp but what about the rest?  Also, isn't there quite a bit of swampland to RR as well as impenetrable palmettos?  I like both areas and indications are that SE is improving security.  I would prefer to buy in RR but want to have a say about what I can and can't do on my land.  If I could buy a lot that had that security, where I can have my camp on my lot without fear that someday someone is going to show up and say 'move it pal, that's my land your camp is on.'  Push comes to shove, that could absolutely happen at RR the way they have it setup, unless the RRPOA owns the land the camps are on.  Of course, that is only a good thing if every property owner has a vested interest in RRPOA.  Otherwise, there is nothing stopping them from selling the land out from underneath your camp.  I know that's probably not going to happen but the bottom line is, there are clear laws regarding land ownership that would over-step any rules of the RRPOA.  If the rules change and I could have my camp on my lot, then I would not hesitate to buy at RR.  I may still buy there anyways.  The jury on this thread appears to still be out as the comments are 4-3 in favor of SE.  Need more comments from people who actually own out there.
Well if you follow the rules (no permanent structure) at RR you would just move your camp and hope that the parcel you purchased is not under water or in the middle of a cypress head /wetland that you would most likely not be able to build on. Be prepared to pay for a *signed* survey of your lot

2005 King Quad
2005 Eiger
atvfun67

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #16 on: August 08, 2006, 03:17:47 PM »

Don't buy at SE, it sucks.  People are a$$holes, nobody fixes the roads, swamp lots everywhere.
Buy at RR, it is a lot better.

Besides, we don't want any more people in SE Wink
backwoods boy
Supreme Member

REBEL MOTORSPORTS

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #17 on: August 08, 2006, 07:31:08 PM »

yeah bro i go to se an ive always gotten along w/ everybody there

NObama08 '' nigga please its the WHITE house''
LIVE FAST-PLAY HARD-DIE LAUGHING
AintSkeered
Contributing Member Plus
Supreme Member

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #18 on: August 08, 2006, 07:31:55 PM »

Don't buy at either place, Saddam's hiding his WMDs there! Just follow our leader's instructions to remain afraid and hate everyone who doesn't agree with you. LOL

2015 Can-Am Outlander XT-P by Perry Performance Group
Fox17
Supreme Member

Go Gators!!

View Profile WWW

Ignore
« Reply #19 on: August 08, 2006, 10:28:18 PM »

Don't buy at SE, it sucks.  People are a$$holes, nobody fixes the roads, swamp lots everywhere.
Buy at RR, it is a lot better.

Besides, we don't want any more people in SE Wink

hes right dont buy there.
SomBch

beer....its whats for dinner

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #20 on: August 08, 2006, 10:32:14 PM »

Don't buy at either place, Saddam's hiding his WMDs there! Just follow our leader's instructions to remain afraid and hate everyone who doesn't agree with you. LOL
  I dont care who you are , thats funny right there!!! Wink

THE DIFFERENCE BETWEEN GENIUS AND STUPID IS THAT GENIUS HAS ITS LIMITS.
Fox17
Supreme Member

Go Gators!!

View Profile WWW

Ignore
« Reply #21 on: August 08, 2006, 10:34:37 PM »

if i hated everyone that didnt agree with me on everything i would hate everybody.
howard

Finally, ATVFlorida.com is here!

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #22 on: August 09, 2006, 01:14:51 PM »

Lots at SE are going for $1,000,000 and thats a wet one if you want a dry one you pay that and your first born.
cheropride
Supreme Member

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #23 on: August 09, 2006, 03:04:45 PM »

lol   Yup! Yup! Yup! Yup!

Kawi-360 4WD/Camo
Honda 400
Polaris Ranger 700XP
kawGIRL
is a Florida Mud Rider
Supreme Member

GOT GROG?

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #24 on: August 09, 2006, 03:07:10 PM »

holopaw. 15,000. it depends.

8,000 acres

Pages: [1] 2  All   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

Other Florida sites of interest: www.PinballShark.com