Home ATV Florida Forum ATV Florida Where to Ride? ATV Florida Links Advertise

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length

Home   Help Search Calendar Login Register  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: sand mountain question?!?  (Read 5443 times)
tat2mike
Supreme Member

View Profile

Ignore
« on: August 14, 2006, 08:36:14 PM »

Why do they call this a TT track?  TT tracks anywhere in the country are clay based tracks and  fla>TT<rack  tires are used..... if you have a track with dirt not clay and your running knobbie tires with small speed style jumps wouldnt that be like a weak motocross track?  hopefully one day in the state of florida someone will build a real TT track and we can race TT the way they do it at national events   
    check out stevenaceracing.com for TT race photos its a pretty cool site

Formally tecatemike
MOTOCROSS MAVERICK
Supreme Member

RACE LIKE ITS GOING TO BE YOUR LAST RACE!

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #1 on: August 14, 2006, 08:39:18 PM »

the track is clay.

tat2mike
Supreme Member

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #2 on: August 14, 2006, 08:40:17 PM »

its a clay mix soft mushy no blue groove is there?

Formally tecatemike
Hoosier Daddy
Southern Flat Track League
Supreme Member

Team WareRacing Member #07

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #3 on: August 14, 2006, 08:44:56 PM »

its a sand/dirt/clay mix

BLISS Feed, Hay, and Race Fuels Zephyrhills, Fl
"Character is what you have when no one is looking"
MOTOCROSS MAVERICK
Supreme Member

RACE LIKE ITS GOING TO BE YOUR LAST RACE!

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #4 on: August 14, 2006, 08:45:31 PM »

its a clay mix soft mushy no blue groove is there?

true.

but letting the nobby tires in brings more people and income to the races. i am a motocross person so i am not going to buy flat track tires. but i have raced a few tt races there and i cant wait to do it again! they got me to race because they let nobbys in.

tat2mike
Supreme Member

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #5 on: August 14, 2006, 08:48:54 PM »

hey dont get me wrong im not knockin it or anything just a question maybe in other states there is more people into TT i raced TT in pa and loved it so ill just stick to the oval here where i run on the groove left left left left  Grin

Formally tecatemike
01ZX12R
Supreme Member

Its all fun and games till the flag drops!!!

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #6 on: August 14, 2006, 09:42:50 PM »

SM has been a great place to go have fun and race. The track is one of the funnest and the fastest tracks I have riddin. And I can not wait until they open back up.

K&K Motorsports 
Full Spectrum Racing
06' YFZ450  #12
08' KFX450  #21
08' LTR450   #132
Ride1Rob
Supreme Member

YFZ 450!!!

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #7 on: August 14, 2006, 09:54:30 PM »

TT, PT, ET... I don't care what they name it. I know it's fun as hell. It doesn't beat you up like MX and is more technical than FT. The new track that is supposed to be built is going to be bigger and more technical than the old one  Wink . I can't wait either.

If it'll run... I'm ridin'!!!
53yfz450
Supreme Member

Following hurts more than Leading!!!

View Profile WWW

Ignore
« Reply #8 on: August 14, 2006, 09:56:40 PM »

who cares about TT i cant wait for the MX track to open!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! i miss is so much. Cry i hope it opens back up. Undecided

WEB SITE IS COMING BACK UP SOON!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!   
  http://HTTP://GANDGRACING.COM CHECK IT OUT!!!!!!

http://myspace.com/jakegunn53

motocross is all about momentum if you hit it doin a 100 ya gonna  make it across.
Hondarider22

« Reply #9 on: August 14, 2006, 09:58:46 PM »

i heard a house was just built right next to it so it doesnt look like it will be opening again but i could be totally wrong
53yfz450
Supreme Member

View Profile WWW

Ignore
« Reply #10 on: August 14, 2006, 09:59:49 PM »

maybee its Dales house. Tongue

motocross is all about momentum if you hit it doin a 100 ya gonna  make it across.
Hondarider22

« Reply #11 on: August 14, 2006, 10:02:44 PM »

sorry i dont know who dale is....im just repeating what your dad said jake  Wink
Ride1Rob
Supreme Member

YFZ 450!!!

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #12 on: August 14, 2006, 10:15:39 PM »

who cares about TT i cant wait for the MX track to open!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! i miss is so much. Cry i hope it opens back up. Undecided

Jake, seeing that the quad turnout for TT is 3 times (if not more) than what rides on their MX track I'd say who cares about their MX track Kiss .

i heard a house was just built right next to it so it doesnt look like it will be opening again but i could be totally wrong

Ummm NO! Don't believe everything you hear. I rode out there about a month and a half ago and unless they moved a trailer to that area... there was no house or homes being built there.

If it'll run... I'm ridin'!!!
fastrnrik
Supreme Member

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #13 on: August 14, 2006, 10:16:20 PM »

It's not my area down there, but I've heard from several directions that it's not going to reopen. I don't know how reliable this is, it's just what I've heard.
#74 crf250r

When The Gate Drops The Nonsense Stops

View Profile WWW

Ignore
« Reply #14 on: August 14, 2006, 10:31:20 PM »

there site says there going to post open times for the upcoming season. so it looks like there planing on opening back up.

http://i52.photobucket.com/albums/g6/curtis74/justinsutterercopywq6.jpg
www.curtissienkomx.com
Thanks to my sponsors at:          
ASV
O'Neal
Scott Goggles
Liquid Performance
Decal Works
Kenda Tires
IMS
M2R Helmets
SixSixOne
Factory Backing
Renthal
RK C
RTR_380/450R
Supreme Member

The older I get..........

View Profile WWW

Ignore
« Reply #15 on: August 15, 2006, 12:35:28 AM »

I personally love TT Racing!
Ive recently started racing alot of MX, and the one thing that I have found is............ most MX guys are scared to or not able to go as fast as the TT guys, racing side by side at speeds of 65+ mph over a jump through a sweeper, side by side with 3 or 4 other quads that are inches from each other, all competing for the first one to get to the first tight corner, just so they can  position themselves to take you out on the next one!
Not as much follow the leader!

Tecate-  The track does get a solid pack and sometimes get very slick and blue grooved in areas!  But like Rob said, they are redesigning the TT track to be a little more technical and with possible drastic elevation changes that are kinda scary at very high speeds!  SM could turn into a National class Park if the locals will let it!  But Dale is definately planning on reopening! Hes pretty stubborn!

RTR PERFORMANCE ENGINES
Specializing in FAST RELIABLE Horspower!!
rtrperformanceengines.com
53yfz450
Supreme Member

View Profile WWW

Ignore
« Reply #16 on: August 15, 2006, 06:22:01 AM »

oh i wasnt talking bad about TT i like it its fun. i just miss the MX track thats all. Wink

dreth

« Reply #17 on: August 17, 2006, 07:06:06 AM »

I personally love TT Racing!
Ive recently started racing alot of MX, and the one thing that I have found is............ most MX guys are scared to or not able to go as fast as the TT guys, racing side by side at speeds of 65+ mph over a jump through a sweeper, side by side with 3 or 4 other quads that are inches from each other, all competing for the first one to get to the first tight corner, just so they can  position themselves to take you out on the next one!
Not as much follow the leader!

Tecate-  The track does get a solid pack and sometimes get very slick and blue grooved in areas!  But like Rob said, they are redesigning the TT track to be a little more technical and with possible drastic elevation changes that are kinda scary at very high speeds!  SM could turn into a National class Park if the locals will let it!  But Dale is definately planning on reopening! Hes pretty stubborn!

thanks for the update JT. i really hope they open back up, my son loves them trophies Wink
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

Other Florida sites of interest: www.PinballShark.com