Home ATV Florida Forum ATV Florida Where to Ride? ATV Florida Links Advertise

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length

Home   Help Search Calendar Login Register  
Poll
Question: Which college football team is going to have the best season in 2006-07?
Florida Gators
Florida State Seminoles
Miami Hurricanes
UCF Golden Knights
USF Bulls
Bethune Cookman
FAMU
Florida Atlantic
Florida Gators

Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Florida College Football  (Read 29438 times)
kawGIRL
is a Florida Mud Rider
Supreme Member

GOT GROG?

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #50 on: August 07, 2006, 07:55:29 PM »

didn't fsu take penn state into overtime in the bowl game they played in last year ?

blupits04
Supreme Member

View Profile WWW

Ignore
« Reply #51 on: August 07, 2006, 09:30:52 PM »

look it's like this I have liked the canes my whole life weather they have played good or bad and I have no problem with the gator,and I really like the canes and the gator when the beat the noles.I dont even watch football ,the only game I watched in the last couple years was when the canes beet the noles.other than that I'd rather be messing with my 4 wheeler than a game on TV.so D@MN the football lets go ride the quads.

AND YOU KNOW THE CANES ARE GOING TO KICK AZZ THIS YEAR WITH ALL 4 PLAYERS THEY"LL HAVE LEFT.
« Last Edit: August 07, 2006, 10:56:01 PM by blupits04 » Logged

561rincon

dont get stuck. get buried!!!!

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #52 on: August 07, 2006, 11:36:51 PM »

this thread is proof that florida is dominant in college football. any one who thinks USC,ND,U-Tx. can come down here and play at FSU,UM, or THE SWAMP is wrong. i predict 8 outa 10 are a florida team winning.

p.s anyone going to FSU vs UF game?

05 rincon 28'' mud bugs type 7 black wheels,2'' lift,dyno jet kit, 2500lb warn , K&N, snorkel kit, TORC exhaust.

04' 24' keystone tailgator toyhauler
06' F-150 stx
76' F-250 2.5 ton running gear 16.9x24 tires 360c.i
strtrcr06

Failure is only the opportunity to begin again.

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #53 on: August 08, 2006, 12:06:21 AM »

this thread is proof that florida is dominant in college football. any one who thinks USC,ND,U-Tx. can come down here and play at FSU,UM, or THE SWAMP is wrong. i predict 8 outa 10 are a florida team winning.

What about the FSU vs. UM game?

"its not the atv its the rider"
Funny how we believe everything in the newspaper, but question the Bible.
SomBch

beer....its whats for dinner

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #54 on: August 08, 2006, 09:08:34 AM »

In the past 20years there has not been another state thats had the success that Florida state colleges(mainly the big 3) have had , particularly with regard to football. That being said , the only upside to playing these highly competitive teams would be the obvious television revenue your school would see from playing such a national draw(like the big three).Proof is in the pudding, Florida is where premiere athletes come to play. This poll was started with the question "who is going to have the best season" and if you think about it and not let your team allegence skew your perception the answer is easy. GATORS are clearly in a position to do better than rest for many reasons including having the same offensive coaching staff for two years in a row ,( something Chris Leak didnt have his first two years there).
« Last Edit: August 08, 2006, 09:10:44 AM by SomBch » Logged

THE DIFFERENCE BETWEEN GENIUS AND STUPID IS THAT GENIUS HAS ITS LIMITS.
blupits04
Supreme Member

View Profile WWW

Ignore
« Reply #55 on: August 08, 2006, 09:20:31 AM »

What about the FSU vs. UM game?

I would love to go to that game but it would be a shame to spend that kind of money to watch FSU lose again....Wait no that might actually be worth it..lol Gators might have been a good team a few years ago but the only Florida teams you hear about anything big anymore is FSU and Canes. Not a whole lot of people get excited about the Canes vs Gators like they do when they canes play FSU the rivalary isn't the same.

blupits04
Supreme Member

View Profile WWW

Ignore
« Reply #56 on: August 08, 2006, 09:26:49 AM »

And this is off of ACC website Wink they didn't have anything about this year but it explains it all the excitement from last year.

Miami opens its 80th season of college football with its 50th game against intrastate and Atlantic Coast Conference rival Florida State on Labor Day night. Miami and Florida State are meeting for the fourth time in less than 23 months, with the Hurricanes sporting a six-game winning streak in the series, dating back to a 27-24 win at the Orange Bowl in 2000. In the last meeting between the two teams, Miami came from behind to defeat FSU 16-10 in overtime on September 10, 2004 in a game delayed four days because of Hurricane Frances.

Miami has won nine straight games on opening day, the longest streak in school history. Miami is 54-24-1 in season-opening games and has not lost on opening day since a 31-8 loss at UCLA in 1995. The last time Miami lost a season opener at home was 1985, a 35-23 loss to Florida. The last loss in a home opener was Sept. 13, 1997, a 23-12 loss to Arizona State.

Overall, the two schools have faced each other nine times to open the season. FSU holds a 5-4 edge in those games, but Miami has won the last three season openers between the two teams. Five of those nine games have been shutouts: three by Miami and two by FSU.

SUCCESS AGAINST THE SEMINOLES
Twelve of Florida State's last 34 losses, dating back to 1987, have been to the Hurricanes. The 12 UM wins are the most by any team in the nation vs. Florida State over the last 17 seasons. Miami is one of only three schools to defeat the Seminoles more than once since 1987 (six by Florida, three by North Carolina State). In addition, FSU has had eight one-loss seasons since 1987, with five of the losses coming at the hands of the Hurricanes.

CANES DOMINATE SUNSHINE STATE IN NEW MILLENIUM
Miami has won 11 straight games against teams from the state of Florida since 2000, including wins against Florida State and Florida during the 2004 season. UM opened the 2004 season with a 16-10 overtime win against FSU in the Orange Bowl and closed the season with a 27-10 win in the Chick-fil-A Peach Bowl against Florida. The Hurricanes have won 24 of their last 32 games (.750) against Sunshine State opponents since the 1985 season. The last time the Hurricanes lost to a team from Florida was Oct. 9, 1999, a 31-21 loss at top-ranked FSU.

« Last Edit: August 08, 2006, 09:34:09 AM by blupits04 » Logged

SomBch

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #57 on: August 08, 2006, 10:01:23 AM »

Its not the same cause they dont play on a regular basis. So its not the rivalry that say a Florida- Georgia game (Worlds Largest Outdoor Cocktail Party)-nationally televised-or Florida- Tennessee(there stadium holds about 110,00 people)-nationally televised-and Florida-FSU also nationally televised .These games are but 3 out of many in the season that are prime-time big draw games as well as being three of the many big time rivalrys in college football today.Respectfully , Miami only has 1 ....FSU. Unfortunately for a program like UM even with a plethora of championships, doesnt guarantee that you can draw an audience.Just go to any home game at the Orange Bowl that is not FSU(they cant sell it out)and that stadium is small in comparison to Dork Cambell Stadium(FSU) and Ben Hill Griffin (UF).

« Last Edit: August 08, 2006, 10:06:24 AM by SomBch » Logged

SomBch

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #58 on: August 08, 2006, 10:13:36 AM »

And this is off of ACC website Wink they didn't have anything about this year but it explains it all the excitement from last year.

Miami opens its 80th season of college football with its 50th game against intrastate and Atlantic Coast Conference rival Florida State on Labor Day night. Miami and Florida State are meeting for the fourth time in less than 23 months, with the Hurricanes sporting a six-game winning streak in the series, dating back to a 27-24 win at the Orange Bowl in 2000. In the last meeting between the two teams, Miami came from behind to defeat FSU 16-10 in overtime on September 10, 2004 in a game delayed four days because of Hurricane Frances.

Try Canesport.com(the university's site)Miami leads the series 29-21 over 50 games.You can get all kinds of stats off any site you want, but thats the only one that matters. Wink
« Last Edit: August 08, 2006, 10:18:17 AM by SomBch » Logged

FORD4X4GIRL

TRX's Baby Mamma !

View Profile WWW

Ignore
« Reply #59 on: August 08, 2006, 11:12:37 AM »

Its not the same cause they dont play on a regular basis. So its not the rivalry that say a Florida- Georgia game (Worlds Largest Outdoor Cocktail Party)-nationally televised-or Florida- Tennessee(there stadium holds about 110,00 people)-nationally televised-and Florida-FSU also nationally televised .These games are but 3 out of many in the season that are prime-time big draw games as well as being three of the many big time rivalrys in college football today.Respectfully , Miami only has 1 ....FSU. Unfortunately for a program like UM even with a plethora of championships, doesnt guarantee that you can draw an audience.Just go to any home game at the Orange Bowl that is not FSU(they cant sell it out)and that stadium is small in comparison to Dork Cambell Stadium(FSU) and Ben Hill Griffin (UF).

The only reason the UF vs UGA game is so big is because the fans can drinka t the stadium ... Guess what ? ? ?  CANES FANS GET TO DRINK AT THE ORANGE BOWL ALL SEASON LONG ! And, yes Miami does sell out other games besides FSU...

"What lies ahead and what lies behind us are only tiny matters to What Lies Within Us..."
.gif
SomBch

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #60 on: August 08, 2006, 11:29:07 AM »

Actually at a Florida Georgia game the better part of the people there are not there cause they serve beer at the stadium, on the contrary the party is on the outside of the stadium. And like at any football game people tailgate, yet at this game its on a much greater scale.
btw;which games where those that sold out beside fsu?
ps: do your homework because ive got there attendance records myself Grin

blupits04
Supreme Member

View Profile WWW

Ignore
« Reply #61 on: August 08, 2006, 11:59:05 AM »

Looks to me that you've been looking into Miami for a while...Either way it's an opinion not a fact of who is better. There is no definate way to prove who is better by only a couple games, if it was 5 to 1 then it would be a fact. Most of the teams only play Juniors or Seniors in the games so it's a toss up every year as to who has the best team. Unlike NFL having the same players for the time of their contract, it's almost always new players every year. Miami is just one of the top schools that people want to go to for their football team.....it's ok though I read that FSU's Chess team will make it to the Championships this year  Wink

SomBch

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #62 on: August 08, 2006, 12:04:42 PM »

Heres a good one for you fair weather canes fanes :average attendance to a hurricane home game in 1997 was 28,916, 1998 was a big 39,263 and 2001 was 46,162.Sounds like sell out crowds to me. Cry Cry

FORD4X4GIRL

TRX's Baby Mamma !

View Profile WWW

Ignore
« Reply #63 on: August 08, 2006, 12:51:30 PM »

Actually at a Florida Georgia game the better part of the people there are not there cause they serve beer at the stadium, on the contrary the party is on the outside of the stadium. And like at any football game people tailgate, yet at this game its on a much greater scale.
btw;which games where those that sold out beside fsu?
ps: do your homework because ive got there attendance records myself Grin

Virginia Tech ....

And actually I do have to correct the 'Sold Out' term that follows Miami due to the fact that they can add seating & General Admission never sells out b/c Miami Fans will stand to watch the game if they had too ...

"What lies ahead and what lies behind us are only tiny matters to What Lies Within Us..."
.gif
SomBch

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #64 on: August 08, 2006, 12:56:41 PM »

two sold out games in one year, thats big !!And they only add the seating for FSU and any other big draw team to the east end zone. Now thats something to be proud of!!! Wink

Btw: IT WASNT A SELL-OUT attendance was 65,115 , OH YEA AND IT WAS AT VIRGINIA TECH!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Just like I said they cant sell out unless a big team comes to town, in fact this year they didnt sell-out not one game.5 NCs and cant even sell out a home game.
« Last Edit: August 08, 2006, 01:08:34 PM by SomBch » Logged

blupits04
Supreme Member

View Profile WWW

Ignore
« Reply #65 on: August 08, 2006, 09:15:29 PM »

I'm not sure if your awear of it or not but this last year people in florida have been trying to rebuild there homes from the hurricanes the year before,most people didn't have the spare money to go to a game.their family and homes were more important.but that dont mean they didn't watch the games from home.but anyway any team that beat the noles are good in my eyes.

SomBch

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #66 on: August 08, 2006, 09:18:10 PM »

excuses, excuses....... anyway yes the gators embarassed the noles pretty bad so, I geuss that is a good thing! Grin

blupits04
Supreme Member

View Profile WWW

Ignore
« Reply #67 on: August 08, 2006, 09:45:53 PM »

yep I love the noles when they loose there games.thier just over rated.miami's probably not the best team to like but they are always concistant.year after year you know what to expect.

Fox17
Supreme Member

Go Gators!!

View Profile WWW

Ignore
« Reply #68 on: August 08, 2006, 10:26:06 PM »

yep, a losing season. Wink and definately no championship.
SomBch

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #69 on: August 08, 2006, 10:29:45 PM »

just found out, cornerback for Utah tranfered to the gators and gets instant eligibility cause of the new ncaa rules. That helps with Avery Atkins departing .So things are looking up in the secondary.

Fox17
Supreme Member

Go Gators!!

View Profile WWW

Ignore
« Reply #70 on: August 08, 2006, 10:32:04 PM »

probably to be with urban. that would have been his coach in utah if he hadnt come to florida. he was probably recruited by urban. a couple of other players have come from utah too.
blupits04
Supreme Member

View Profile WWW

Ignore
« Reply #71 on: August 09, 2006, 03:34:49 PM »

How many games did they lose last year?Huh Not as many as the Noles

SomBch

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #72 on: August 09, 2006, 03:47:08 PM »

FSU 8-5
UM   9-3

Fox17
Supreme Member

Go Gators!!

View Profile WWW

Ignore
« Reply #73 on: August 09, 2006, 05:54:55 PM »

How many games did they lose last year?Huh Not as many as the Noles

i no. they both suck. i hate the noles 10 times as much as miami. when the u plays the criminoles im a miami fan. i hate them both but miami is better than fsu.
Jellie400

Finally! ATVFlorida.com is here!

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #74 on: August 10, 2006, 04:32:12 AM »

which school has over 20 1st rounders that start in the NFL right now?
the only school ever to go more than 12 years, thats 3 US presidents, without loosing a game at home?

Its all about the U
Its always been about the U

Why are the Gators so scared to play us, maybe since they havent beat since the 80's

All Fsu can say is " wide right"     C  A  N  E S   =====GO CANES
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

Other Florida sites of interest: www.PinballShark.com