Home ATV Florida Forum ATV Florida Where to Ride? ATV Florida Links Advertise

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length

Home   Help Search Calendar Login Register  
Poll
Question: To fix her or not?  (Voting closed: August 03, 2006, 02:14:30 PM)
Yes, its the best thing for her - 19 (90.5%)
No, it's not our place - 2 (9.5%)
Total Voters: 19

Pages: 1 [2]  All   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Debate in the Breed house  (Read 7124 times)
Fox17
Supreme Member

Go Gators!!

View Profile WWW

Ignore
« Reply #25 on: August 02, 2006, 04:59:21 PM »

This might get some $hit started but this is my take on the situation.  I own an American Staffordshire (Pit Bull) that is 5 years old.  If someone can't keep their dog on their property they shouldn't have the dog.  I can understand once or twice the dog getting away, things happen, but a dog that is repeatedly coming to your shop day in and day out is the unfortunate reason that this breed is targeted.  I would take her to get spayed no questions.

exactly.
MachineDog
Supreme Member

Ride Red!

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #26 on: August 02, 2006, 05:05:26 PM »

I would call the humane society and ask what to do.

http://img284.imageshack.us/img284/4291/p517000123ek.jpg
06 Rancher 350 4x4 - K&N, 1.5" Snorkel, 26" Mudbugs.
Spot Reserved for Big Bore.
http://www.flickr.com/photos/machinedogtag/ - Click to see our pics.
fastrnrik
Supreme Member

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #27 on: August 02, 2006, 07:01:59 PM »

Apopka did you say? Better save her before she ends up in a taco. Chow
FORD4X4GIRL

TRX's Baby Mamma !

View Profile WWW

Ignore
« Reply #28 on: August 02, 2006, 07:44:14 PM »

This might get some $hit started but this is my take on the situation.  I own an American Staffordshire (Pit Bull) that is 5 years old.  If someone can't keep their dog on their property they shouldn't have the dog.  I can understand once or twice the dog getting away, things happen, but a dog that is repeatedly coming to your shop day in and day out is the unfortunate reason that this breed is targeted.  I would take her to get spayed no questions.

I totally agree.... People think that my pits are bad, but they are really my little angels !

but i also think that the point that she might get put down at a animal shelter is a very valid one...

"What lies ahead and what lies behind us are only tiny matters to What Lies Within Us..."
.gif
Smoknbanshee
Supreme Member

When the green light drops, all bull$hit stops!

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #29 on: August 02, 2006, 08:42:16 PM »

another reason, you don't want her to continue to breed and have puppies just because she can.  Spaying and neutering dogs is a great thing.  Unless you have all intentions of breeding and selling puppies for a purpose, i would recommend spaying or neutering to anyone.  My wife and I are both dog lovers and we have a jack russell terrier that we compete with almost every month somewhere.  Actually just spent 2k to fix her dislocated knee cap last week, so our dogs are basically our children.  We had her spayed because we have no intentions of breeding and selling puppies. 

Team FBI (Florida Boy's Inc.)
A$$ Crack Racing
Choke on my Smoke!
Sleazy_Rider78

Old enough to know better, still too young to care

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #30 on: August 02, 2006, 11:00:32 PM »

Tough decision, I would say do it. Obviously the owner doesn't care about the dog and if the dog keeps getting knocked up then her puppies will probably end up dying due to lack of care.

www.myspace.com/mlatcham
Stolen: 2003 Yamaha YZ250F. Moto XXX graphics, Pro Taper handlebars, black Excel rims.  Pics of bike in Stolen ATV Watch Forum.
http://www.atvflorida.com/forum/index.php/topic,25023.0.html
Ida_Mann
Supreme Member

Location: There may be times when we are powerless to prevent injustice, but there must never be a time when we fail to protest.

I own and wear a purple sombrero

View Profile WWW

Ignore
« Reply #31 on: August 03, 2006, 06:21:13 AM »

I say do it,,,hopefully it doesn't change her attitude much and she stays a sweet dog.

Id@

Id@ M@nn

www.facebook.com/IdaShotMe
'99 Honda 400EX ATP'd (quietly making noise)
'02 Honda Foreman Rubicon
'00 Honda TRX90
8 X 20 Enclosed hauler/camper
"Show me a smooth operation and I'll show you someone who is hiding mistakes, real boats rock."
FORD4X4GIRL

TRX's Baby Mamma !

View Profile WWW

Ignore
« Reply #32 on: August 03, 2006, 08:01:23 AM »

Tough decision, I would say do it. Obviously the owner doesn't care about the dog and if the dog keeps getting knocked up then her puppies will probably end up dying due to lack of care.

That is true.... It's the worst feeling in the world to have a puppy, let alone a whole litter die due to lack of care...

"What lies ahead and what lies behind us are only tiny matters to What Lies Within Us..."
.gif
Mrs.Nightbreed
Supreme Member

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #33 on: August 03, 2006, 09:16:48 AM »

We missed the appointment this morning. The next available appointment is in a month. I will use that time to do as much homework as possible. At that time even if she is pregnant they can still do it.

At this time I know that as far as the SPCA is concerned, there are no legal ramifications. I will look into private ones, too. It will cost me 59.00 for everything. 49.00 for the procedure and 10.00 for the Rabies shot.

At least by rescheduling, I can take the time to further look into everything. I do still intend to do it, if I legally can.

Thank you everyone for the imput  Smiley

I am locking the thread now  Smiley
« Last Edit: August 03, 2006, 09:18:41 AM by Mrs.Nightbreed » Logged
Pages: 1 [2]  All   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

Other Florida sites of interest: www.PinballShark.com