Home ATV Florida Forum ATV Florida Where to Ride? ATV Florida Links Advertise

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length

Home   Help Search Calendar Login Register  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Dirt Wheels Magazine on FL riding areas  (Read 3907 times)
Thrumud
Supreme Member

View Profile

Ignore
« on: August 01, 2006, 12:46:27 AM »

Dirt Wheels

Florida is home to one of the largest groups of ATV enthusiasts in the Nation. Sadly, they also have the least amount of prime ATV riding terrain. A lot of the remaining areas are being shut down. The growth in off-road riders has led to a lack of places to ride in this Sunshine State. While there is little we can do about the lack of acreage in Florida to recreate on, we have done our best to bring to you every ATV motocross track and ride area from the Dade to the Panhandle.

http://www.dirtwheelsmag.com/ME2/dirmod.asp?sid=&nm=&type=news&mod=News&mid=9A02E3B96F2A415ABC72CB5F516B4C10&tier=3&nid=451541A3714240629D8367AF8A5584C5

Thrumud
Supreme Member

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #1 on: August 01, 2006, 01:05:10 AM »

South Fl & South West FL ATV enthusiast NEED TO UNITE and fight hard, (HARDER) for some local areas to ride.   If we get riders from Broward, Dade, Palm Beach, St Lucie, Collier, Lee, Charlotte, North Port area together for a group ride, we could could stir some action.  What do you guys think ? Maybe we can plan ahead for a ride at Holey Land when its dryer.  Not just a group ride, a meeting where we can unite, meet other riders, discuss issues that concerns us. 

I know this type of group ride has been attempted before with clean ups but few riders discuss whats most important, AREAS TO RIDE !   We could plan months ahead.

What's your input ?

cheropride
Supreme Member

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #2 on: August 01, 2006, 08:59:08 AM »

I could do that... 

I heard this weekend that places are being shutdown all over the state. I quess one big problem is some nitwit gets hurt and decides hey I can sue these people and be set for life..... Then you guess, place gets shut down.  Don't all riders know, ride at your own risk.  There should be sometime of atver pledge, 1) I will do hereby swear that I wont trash the places I ride 2) I do hereby swear that if I get hurt I won't sue oh yea, heres one more 3) I do hereby swear I wont do donuts in the main roads coming into the places we ride so everyone else can get their trucks in...
lol

But seriously, that's good idea about a group ride.  Keep it going, perhaps start a new thread so we can keep it going.....

Kawi-360 4WD/Camo
Honda 400
Polaris Ranger 700XP
Southern4x4
Supreme Member

Turn off them blinkers to save blinker fluid.

View Profile WWW

Ignore
« Reply #3 on: August 01, 2006, 09:28:27 AM »

South Fl & South West FL ATV enthusiast NEED TO UNITE and fight hard, (HARDER) for some local areas to ride.   If we get riders from Broward, Dade, Palm Beach, St Lucie, Collier, Lee, Charlotte, North Port area together for a group ride, we could could stir some action.  What do you guys think ? Maybe we can plan ahead for a ride at Holey Land when its dryer.  Not just a group ride, a meeting where we can unite, meet other riders, discuss issues that concerns us. 

I know this type of group ride has been attempted before with clean ups but few riders discuss whats most important, AREAS TO RIDE !   We could plan months ahead.

What's your input ?
me and my group could probably go to that

[><]Southern by the grace of God[><]
MachineDog
Supreme Member

Ride Red!

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #4 on: August 01, 2006, 02:29:28 PM »

Interesting that they don't mention holylands, but anyway we should be out there before the schoolyear starts back up again if anyone is interested on a group ride.

http://img284.imageshack.us/img284/4291/p517000123ek.jpg
06 Rancher 350 4x4 - K&N, 1.5" Snorkel, 26" Mudbugs.
Spot Reserved for Big Bore.
http://www.flickr.com/photos/machinedogtag/ - Click to see our pics.
4fittyr

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #5 on: August 01, 2006, 02:39:38 PM »

sounds great where is holeyland from sarasota??

if u can't be good be good at it
MachineDog
Supreme Member

Ride Red!

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #6 on: August 01, 2006, 02:45:38 PM »

That's the entrance to holylands on US27, you can zoom out to see exactly where it is. You just follow the north side of the levy till you reach that bridge, and that's where the parking is. You'll know where it is cause that's where the big ole' steel powerlines cross. They fixed the signs btw, so you'll see the brown signs that say "Holylands/Rottenberger".

http://img284.imageshack.us/img284/4291/p517000123ek.jpg
06 Rancher 350 4x4 - K&N, 1.5" Snorkel, 26" Mudbugs.
Spot Reserved for Big Bore.
http://www.flickr.com/photos/machinedogtag/ - Click to see our pics.
klutchbuster400
Supreme Member

Cuz the chicks dig it.

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #7 on: August 01, 2006, 02:47:35 PM »

Ifr the holeylands is dry and I have a ride I'm in!
americanhighlander
Supreme Member

I love boating and fourwheeling,salt water fishing

View Profile WWW

Ignore
« Reply #8 on: August 01, 2006, 04:04:12 PM »

Best bet i guess everybody needs started a major rally Atv protest Drive Lecture Give Hell in tallahadsee
so we need wake up media tell whole world about it and look what are cubans doing south
right  now partying away and getting drunk with Drink Jester Moon Loved by All 3 Stooges   Toast Pirate rum,and maybe we have a case load rum so we can have american cubans to help us fight our atvs rights  i know they love fourwheelers too. LOL  Cool

Angry Give Hell Flaming Grind Cursing Foot in Mouth Boxer   Pirate  Heck we got enough people in state of florida that riding atvs and we need
get our messages across to every atv,dirt bike,dune buggy,three wheeler fans
to plan a rally protest to state captial and so how long you are going take so much this
Criticize from other news media's that love the trash our sport so we need to bite them back in their butts,so they need to wake up and the day our ATVs will rise from the dead and the protest will go on and go on.So we got a Florida ATV revolution protest wars so people fight for your rights to ride and don't give up your freedom to ride.. so if you were born in the this state we need fight harder to bring it back so the people can have fun for all the ATV clubs in Florida to ride freedom and better. we need a solution to solve this problem ASAP.. Lecture  King
« Last Edit: August 01, 2006, 04:31:29 PM by americanhighlander » Logged

http://widget.slide.com/rdr/1/1/3/W/10000000bb75877/1/320/C3zfUOyy7z9lkQxLVEpqAid4fox1Ohlr.jpg(I always say:Ride Harder Let Your freedom Go!!)
I'm a goat farmer live on 8acrefarmlivingwith my parents.http://www.youtube.com/foxman362
eldiablo64
Supreme Member

Finally! ATVFlorida.com is here!

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #9 on: August 01, 2006, 04:45:03 PM »

yeah what he said!!!!!!!!!

TAKE IT OUT AND PLAY WITH IT     AT THE  FLORIDAMOTOPLEX.com
Thrumud
Supreme Member

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #10 on: August 01, 2006, 05:16:26 PM »

Well !  .............................................. Lets plan it !   Dry season at Holey Land is around the end of Oct.   

I will place a post for a group ride 1 month in advance.   Please try your best to be there.  Look out for the post.

Eworm
Supreme Member

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #11 on: August 01, 2006, 06:48:43 PM »

WTF!!! I hope you all are kidding. Are you not aware of everything we have been doing? Have you heard about the commision meeting on Friday? We are working with several counties in an effort to better things for everyone. Holy chit you guys scare me!!!!

http://www.atvflorida.com/forum/index.php/topic,16348.0.html

http://www.atvflorida.com/forum/index.php/topic,15879.0.html

http://www.atvflorida.com/forum/index.php/topic,16345.0.html

http://www.atvflorida.com/forum/index.php/topic,15624.0.html
Grassman68

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #12 on: August 01, 2006, 09:05:36 PM »

We need to do a whole lot more leg work ! alot of these guys do not even go on line. We need to print out flyers and distribute (dates and locations)At mudfest,lcross,underhills...so somemore people can get involved .I am more than willing to help!! We need a 10 thousand man march to make some noise.My .02cnts. Wink Wink Wink Wink
Southern4x4
Supreme Member

Turn off them blinkers to save blinker fluid.

View Profile WWW

Ignore
« Reply #13 on: August 01, 2006, 09:07:10 PM »

We need to do a whole lot more leg work ! alot of these guys do not even go on line. We need to print out flyers and distribute (dates and locations)At mudfest,lcross,underhills...so somemore people can get involved .I am more than willing to help!! We need a 10 thousand man march to make some noise.My .02cnts. Wink Wink Wink Wink
i gave some to my friend to give to people at macks fish camp

[><]Southern by the grace of God[><]
Eworm
Supreme Member

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #14 on: August 01, 2006, 09:39:03 PM »

What's your input ?

We need to meet. We need front runners!!!! People who are willing to take this fight on. Here is what we have:

Eworm: Dade
Thrumud: Collier
Rick Varela: Collier
MGR: Dade
InidianJOE: Pt St lucie
Grizz: Ocala
QT: North Port

Please let me know who I am missing here

Palm Beach and Broward: Who wants to take this on?Huh?

Thrumud
Supreme Member

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #15 on: August 01, 2006, 09:42:56 PM »

I will also be pushing for Lee county in the next couple of months with the help of Rick. 

Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

Other Florida sites of interest: www.PinballShark.com