Home ATV Florida Forum ATV Florida Where to Ride? ATV Florida Links Advertise

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length

Home   Help Search Calendar Login Register  
Pages: [1] 2  All   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: WE NEED YOU GUYS!!! WE NEED TO UNITE IN THIS CAUSE!!!  (Read 11361 times)
miamigirlrider

Finally! ATVFlorida.com is here!

View Profile

Ignore
« on: July 28, 2006, 09:30:35 AM »

Eworm
Supreme Member

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #1 on: July 28, 2006, 10:22:36 AM »

ATTENTION ALL SOUTH FLORIDA RIDERS INCLUDING FT LAUDERDALE and PALM BEACHES:

WE NEED A LOT OF PEOPLE THERE ON FRIDAY!!!!

THIS IS IT!!

DO SOMETHING!!

LETS see how much we really want it!!!!

Respond to this post if you are attending

I hope this thread grows quickly!!!!
Southern4x4
Supreme Member

Turn off them blinkers to save blinker fluid.

View Profile WWW

Ignore
« Reply #2 on: July 28, 2006, 10:39:26 AM »

me and my group are coming about 5 or more my friend is gonna try and pass out flyers to other people with atvs

[><]Southern by the grace of God[><]
MachineDog
Supreme Member

Ride Red!

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #3 on: July 28, 2006, 11:21:16 AM »

What is this concerning? My pops very busy lately but I'll see if I can get him to bring us there.

http://img284.imageshack.us/img284/4291/p517000123ek.jpg
06 Rancher 350 4x4 - K&N, 1.5" Snorkel, 26" Mudbugs.
Spot Reserved for Big Bore.
http://www.flickr.com/photos/machinedogtag/ - Click to see our pics.
Eworm
Supreme Member

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #4 on: July 28, 2006, 11:27:18 AM »

Basically, it has to do with age old problem!!!!

WE HAVE NO RIDING AREA AND YET THE STATE IS STILL PROFITING FROM ATV SALES!!!!

Our kids are resorting to riding the streets and getting injured during the process!!!

ATV's are illegal in dade and yet they still sell them?Huh? BULLSHIT!!!!
MachineDog
Supreme Member

Ride Red!

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #5 on: July 28, 2006, 11:30:46 AM »

They're illegal because of stupid idiots and nobodies thought of how to fix that problem but to ban them. With cars, you get a ticket, go to jail maybe. But with atvs, you're quad is impounded before you have a chance to show'em you can be good. But seriously, we shouldn't be driving on the streets and that's why we need a good riding area. However, I may not be able to go. My pop is too busy lately and would prolly only be interested if it was something about making Mecca farms a riding area. Sad

Southern4x4
Supreme Member

View Profile WWW

Ignore
« Reply #6 on: July 28, 2006, 11:55:48 AM »

They're illegal because of stupid idiots and nobodies thought of how to fix that problem but to ban them. With cars, you get a ticket, go to jail maybe. But with atvs, you're quad is impounded before you have a chance to show'em you can be good. But seriously, we shouldn't be driving on the streets and that's why we need a good riding area. However, I may not be able to go. My pop is too busy lately and would prolly only be interested if it was something about making Mecca farms a riding area. Sad
thanks for your support Undecided You know my dads busy to but were going heck he works from 11 at night till 7 in the morning and what do you know the meeting its at 10 in the morning to 3 in the afternoon
hes gonna go to work thursday night get a hours rest and go to the meeting luckly for him he has friday nights off
« Last Edit: July 28, 2006, 12:13:27 PM by Southern4x4 » Logged

Eworm
Supreme Member

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #7 on: July 28, 2006, 12:04:47 PM »

IMO the cause is statewide. What we do here is good for everywhere!!! Trust me. It is a snowball effect!!!
Southern4x4
Supreme Member

View Profile WWW

Ignore
« Reply #8 on: July 28, 2006, 12:06:02 PM »

IMO the cause is statewide. What we do here is good for everywhere!!! Trust me. It is a snowball effect!!!
exactly why do you think the meetings are hopping from place to place!!

miamigirlrider

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #9 on: July 28, 2006, 12:07:51 PM »

Machine Dog, its thinking like that, that has gotten us to where we are today.........

Mecca Farm is only a matter of time.. .If we can't ride in Miami, Broward or Palm Beach and now Collier don't you think we are going to start spreading up to your little riding spots. Before you know it that will be taken away from you as well.

Every sport has idiots! In boating you have people who drink and run over manatees! But to get to the point we have gotten to that we are in the top 10 of highest ohv sales and we can't even take it out of your garage without a ticket or threat of arrest and inpoundment is crazy.

It happened to jetski's and because no one cared and did something about it, NOW ITS ILLEGAL to launch it in Miami Dade, so you have to drive to the Keys. Now, atvs, gopeds, pocketbikes, gocarts are illegal to ride ANYWHERE! and finally a rule came out last month banning paint ball guns on public lands... RIDICULOUS... but they are profitting in the sales and most of all sales taxes....

So it comes down to that the Sunshine State is not recreation friendly and we preffer our kids to stay indoors in myspace and with playstation or commiting juvenile crimes.....!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

AND ALL BECAUSE WE LET IT HAPPEN>>>> I for one will not let this happen, I will stand up for the 30k dollars in bikes and gopeds in have and for the 2 teenage kids I have...

MachineDog
Supreme Member

Ride Red!

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #10 on: July 28, 2006, 12:26:03 PM »

Machine Dog, its thinking like that, that has gotten us to where we are today.........

Mecca Farm is only a matter of time.. .If we can't ride in Miami, Broward or Palm Beach and now Collier don't you think we are going to start spreading up to your little riding spots. Before you know it that will be taken away from you as well.

Every sport has idiots! In boating you have people who drink and run over manatees! But to get to the point we have gotten to that we are in the top 10 of highest ohv sales and we can't even take it out of your garage without a ticket or threat of arrest and inpoundment is crazy.

It happened to jetski's and because no one cared and did something about it, NOW ITS ILLEGAL to launch it in Miami Dade, so you have to drive to the Keys. Now, atvs, gopeds, pocketbikes, gocarts are illegal to ride ANYWHERE! and finally a rule came out last month banning paint ball guns on public lands... RIDICULOUS... but they are profitting in the sales and most of all sales taxes....

So it comes down to that the Sunshine State is not recreation friendly and we preffer our kids to stay indoors in myspace and with playstation or commiting juvenile crimes.....!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

AND ALL BECAUSE WE LET IT HAPPEN>>>> I for one will not let this happen, I will stand up for the 30k dollars in bikes and gopeds in have and for the 2 teenage kids I have...

Actually, we've already had 1 spot signed, and another bulldozed for a house. And a few are for sale... But I agree with you, although I won't be able to make it. Just realized my pop will be at work all of next week at the fire academy between shifts. Sad What we need to do is start writing to manufacturers about this, maybe they could help out with all the darn profit they're making. Seeing as the state don't even make as much profit on the taxes as them.

miamigirlrider

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #11 on: July 28, 2006, 12:33:35 PM »

Thanks for at least trying MachineDog.  Grin

And I was thinking about the manufacturers as well, that is why I contact the CEO, Board of Directors, and Product Executives from ArticCat, Polaris, Suzuki. I sent them emails and called them for there help...Lets see what happens...

Point is we have to do something now! And there is no time than the present where all these important people will be there plus our media for coverage...

We can complain after the fact we have to jump when it crosses there minds....lol

Have a great weekend MD.

Eworm
Supreme Member

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #12 on: July 28, 2006, 12:52:26 PM »

I thought we'd get more responses by now... huuummmmmmm Cry Cry Cry
Loven It
Supreme Member

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #13 on: July 28, 2006, 01:19:18 PM »

I was under the impression that no one will even really be allowed to speak at this is that correct - that is what I was told from Tallahassee.

99 Honda 400ex
01 Polaris Trailblazer
06 Honda 90cc
05 Kazuma 50cc

https://www.nationalmssociety.org//FLC/personal/default.asp?pa=52649935&pd=FLC0EMS120060429WWT
Southern4x4
Supreme Member

View Profile WWW

Ignore
« Reply #14 on: July 28, 2006, 01:23:41 PM »

k i know its ruff but

« Last Edit: July 28, 2006, 01:25:12 PM by Southern4x4 » Logged

miamigirlrider

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #15 on: July 28, 2006, 01:51:51 PM »

Loven It to answer your question...

YES you will be able to talk... the mic will be open for half an hour for public comments...

Do you guys have any idea how important and what a perfect opportunity this is to have DERM, South Florida Water Management, the Advisory Committee, Commissioners, Parks and Recreation, Division of Forestry, Fish and Wildlife, Metro Dade Agriculture Police Dept, atv associations, dealers, atv crews, 4x4 clubs, kids, citizens and not to mention the media all in one place where we are given the oportunity to talk....

THIS IS EXACTLY why they said that they are use to the OHV to only have 10 or no more than 20 atv enthuastics attend so theres no huge demand for land....

Honestly you guys need to unite together and stand up for your right to use that atv that cost you soooo much money!!! This site has soooooo many member, heck look how many are logged in and I can't get more than 3 people to answer that they are going.... pretty sad...... Undecided Cry

You guys have no idea how powerful you can be if you united and cared...

Fox17
Supreme Member

Go Gators!!

View Profile WWW

Ignore
« Reply #16 on: July 28, 2006, 02:02:09 PM »

where is it at. i will go if i can get a ride but both my parents work weekdays. miami is a LONG walk from here. i assume it is in miami???
bluesman
Supreme Member

03 ds650baja/03kfx 400/ 03kfx 450

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #17 on: July 28, 2006, 02:13:53 PM »

would love to ,but have jury duty!! sry
miamigirlrider

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #18 on: July 28, 2006, 02:24:54 PM »

The address is in the first comment of this thread....

For the rest of you try to go, theres 40 people logged in now.... I hope everyone has a great and safe weekend and please try to make it to this meeting... Lets show them there is more than 20 that care about this sport.

lswjth2
Supreme Member

Finally, ATVFlorida.com is here!

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #19 on: July 28, 2006, 02:38:56 PM »

I am in naples, i can take about 4 more.Free gas!!!! send me a PM here with your name and # and i will give you directions to my house...
Loven It
Supreme Member

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #20 on: July 28, 2006, 03:02:30 PM »

MiamiGirl - Thanks for the clarification, I appreciate it. I talked to the guy in Tallahassee about a few different issues, must have gotten things mixed up.

Sorry I am not able to go, my job will not permit it! I wish you guys luck!!!

99 Honda 400ex
01 Polaris Trailblazer
06 Honda 90cc
05 Kazuma 50cc

https://www.nationalmssociety.org//FLC/personal/default.asp?pa=52649935&pd=FLC0EMS120060429WWT
Eworm
Supreme Member

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #21 on: July 28, 2006, 03:50:01 PM »

MiamiGirl - Thanks for the clarification, I appreciate it. I talked to the guy in Tallahassee about a few different issues, must have gotten things mixed up.

Sorry I am not able to go, my job will not permit it! I wish you guys luck!!!

Send emails if you cannot attend. I understand some can't leave their job. BUt in reality if you can get a day off to go to Ocala for a mini 3 day riding adventure, then get that Friday off...... Only the strong will survive and strength comes in numbers most of the time!!!
Eworm
Supreme Member

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #22 on: July 28, 2006, 03:51:02 PM »

Loven It to answer your question...

YES you will be able to talk... the mic will be open for half an hour for public comments...

Do you guys have any idea how important and what a perfect opportunity this is to have DERM, South Florida Water Management, the Advisory Committee, Commissioners, Parks and Recreation, Division of Forestry, Fish and Wildlife, Metro Dade Agriculture Police Dept, atv associations, dealers, atv crews, 4x4 clubs, kids, citizens and not to mention the media all in one place where we are given the oportunity to talk....

THIS IS EXACTLY why they said that they are use to the OHV to only have 10 or no more than 20 atv enthuastics attend so theres no huge demand for land....

Honestly you guys need to unite together and stand up for your right to use that atv that cost you soooo much money!!! This site has soooooo many member, heck look how many are logged in and I can't get more than 3 people to answer that they are going.... pretty sad...... Undecided Cry

You guys have no idea how powerful you can be if you united and cared...

AND here I amplanning a 30 minute speech,lol
Thrumud
Supreme Member

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #23 on: July 28, 2006, 04:10:45 PM »

At this time I have. 

2 from Ft Myers
2 from Miramar
2 from Coral Springs
3 from Ft Lauderdale

I will be at a hot spot Sunday and will pass the word on.

miamigirlrider

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #24 on: July 28, 2006, 04:37:41 PM »

Thank  you for all your efforts and support guys...

Just keep in mind this is IT!!!! THIS IS THE BIG ONE!!! THIS IS WHAT WE BEEN WAITING FOR!!!

There wont be another chance like this... So sit down and think if a days worth of work equals the amount your bike is worth or the payments you make monthly for something you might not get to ride.

Pages: [1] 2  All   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

Other Florida sites of interest: www.PinballShark.com