Home ATV Florida Forum ATV Florida Where to Ride? ATV Florida Links Advertise

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length

Home   Help Search Calendar Login Register  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Comcast Internet Sucks  (Read 6583 times)
weekendwarrior1

WTF

View Profile

Ignore
« on: November 29, 2004, 07:09:47 PM »

I haven't been abl;e to access my comcast e-mail account for about four days. Is anyone else experiencing this! Angry
Chuck_Norris

« Reply #1 on: November 30, 2004, 01:48:05 PM »

WHOAA Shocked I AM THINKING ABOUT GETTING THIS, BAD CHOICE?
RL400
Supreme Member

Keep the rubber side down.

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #2 on: November 30, 2004, 02:07:21 PM »

try bellsouth or road runner, chuck norris.
Chuck_Norris

« Reply #3 on: November 30, 2004, 03:12:31 PM »

try bellsouth or road runner, chuck norris.

Alrighty, well I was trying to avoid putting a land lind in the house see as how I use the Cell # as a primary contact.
Thanks for the heads up

CABLEGUY1
Supreme Member

Finally, ATVFlorida.com is here!

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #4 on: November 30, 2004, 03:35:44 PM »

Spend the forty bucks and get Road Runner.It doesnt require a land line,its super fast,and its very reliable. They also offer phone with unlimited local ,unlimited long distance in the united states,caller id,call forwarding,and call waiting for 40.00 per month in most cases if you have standard cable and internet. No im not a sales rep i just deal with on a daily basis. Hence the screen name.
LakeMaryKid
Supreme Member

Just a good ole' boy never meanin no harm.

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #5 on: November 30, 2004, 03:37:49 PM »

earthlink is the shiznit Shocked

2003 KFX 400
1994 F-150 - 12" SAS 38.5 Boggers
2007 F-150 Supercrew FX4 Luxury
2004 14' Mirrocraft
Da_Mtg_Man
extraordinaire
Supreme Member

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #6 on: November 30, 2004, 03:48:34 PM »

As far as I'm concerned all dial ups suck. I've had Road Runner for several years now and have been spoiled. I dread staying in a hotel (on business) without cable because it takes 3 times longer to get my work done.
just my .02

FLORIDA MUD RIDER
CABLEGUY1
Supreme Member

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #7 on: November 30, 2004, 03:57:04 PM »

Hey da-mtg-man,you live in the park,i live in seminole.I know you can get the voice services/phone at that price. If you are interested let me know,Im the supervisor for the installation dept in your area. Ill hook you up being your a member.
racemanfl

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #8 on: December 01, 2004, 04:40:24 PM »

I have Roadrunner no complaints.I use packet8 for phone service no complaints.
Packet8 is a VOIP phone sevice 20.00 a month. for unlimited calls to the US and Canada.
All you need is cable service and a router. You can plug a regular phone into the small box they send you and make all the calls you want to make,for $20.55 a month.
I don't work for either one of them, just a great service I don't mine telling about.
But if you send me your email adress I can refer you and get $5.oo off a month for all referals ,if not just look here www.packet8.net No big deal   Jerry
racemanfl

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #9 on: December 01, 2004, 04:41:49 PM »

One other thing Chuck I dont have a regular land line just this and cell phones   Jerry
Da_Mtg_Man
extraordinaire
Supreme Member

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #10 on: December 01, 2004, 04:59:38 PM »

Hey da-mtg-man,you live in the park,i live in seminole.I know you can get the voice services/phone at that price. If you are interested let me know,Im the supervisor for the installation dept in your area. Ill hook you up being your a member.

you have a PM

FLORIDA MUD RIDER
CABLEGUY1
Supreme Member

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #11 on: December 01, 2004, 05:21:29 PM »

Who supplies the router? The cable company rents extra bandwidth to these voip providers such as packet 8 and those said providers do offer a competative deal however Bright House Networks,formerly Time Warner Cable comes to your residence and does the installation which includes supplying the modem, running the necessary coaxial cable for the modem as well as hooking up to any and all pre existing phone outlets as opposed to other voip providers who mail you the little box and you have to do your own configuring /installation which just gives you  just one outlet out of the router. Also BHN is currently offering free installation with the purchase of there voice service. They both have there pros and cons ,I guess it just comes down to what you want or need or are willing to pay.  $20.00 a month for unlimited with packet 8 is a good deal though.
CABLEGUY1
Supreme Member

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #12 on: December 01, 2004, 05:36:03 PM »

Da-Mtg-Man,call 797-1818  then 0 and ask for the supervisor for the installation dept.If im not in my office leave me a message and Ill pull up your account and call you back.If you decide to go with it Ill make sure to send an inhouse installer to your house instead of a contractor.There is a waiting period that i have no control over due to MCI and the provisioning of the modem.If you want to keep your current phone # it takes app one week longer to get installed.It costs nothing extra to keep your #.However if you go with a native # you can get installed faster.    Keith.
racemanfl

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #13 on: December 01, 2004, 05:40:30 PM »

I was just trying to recommend something that I use and have have good results with, It doenst matter to me as I get nothing in return,sorry yes I do 5.00 for each referral but I really dont want that just trying to help a fellow member with not wanting to get a landline and have good internet service and phone.Its very likely you are trying to make a sale but dont knock what I have just trying to help  Jerry

and yes you have to provide your own router(very cheap at staples or compusa or office depot)
No it doesnt consume very much bandwith (its a very small amount that you wont even notice)That the phone uses
The hookup is very basic
Sorry it appears you work for Brighthouse, but just my opinion
I Dont fault anyone for trying to make a sale but this is very easy to do yourself  
CABLEGUY1
Supreme Member

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #14 on: December 01, 2004, 06:05:41 PM »

If you read my post again you will see that i said they      BOTH  have pros and cons and i also said that packet 8 was a good deal so no i wasnt knocking you.If i was i would have asked if your service provides free caller ID,call waiting,call forwarding,LOCAL 24hr customer service etc etc etc! I too am just trying to help a fellow member/neighbor.And as far as my trying to make a sale your way off base. I get nothing but extra work by booking the install,overseeing that it is done correctly, as well as trying to accomodate the members schedule. My pay stays the same regardless. Sorry if i hit a nerve but I think if you knew the facts you may not be so sensitive.
racemanfl

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #15 on: December 02, 2004, 06:30:38 AM »

Sorry I misunderstood your  post  I didnt mean to start any problems Jerry
CABLEGUY1
Supreme Member

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #16 on: December 02, 2004, 05:01:51 PM »

No harm done.I could see how it could have been misconscrewed. Thats the cool thing about this open discussion board,everyone can post there opinion.Its up to the reader to take whay they want from it. Sorry if i seemed like i was knocking your service provider that wasnt my intentions. They ALL have pros and cons thats why competion is allways a good thing. Im sure were all just trying to help fellow members. That being said , hopefully we all meet at one of the rides in the future. I dont know if your like me but after a weekend of good riding i cant go a day without thinking about the next ride or what i want to do to my bike next.Its allmost like being a kid again then Monday brings you back to reality. Work,bills chores, nagging,aches,pains etc. Man turning forty snuck up on me.It takes longer to heal. I better get my riding in now.  See ya.
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

Other Florida sites of interest: www.PinballShark.com