Home ATV Florida Forum ATV Florida Where to Ride? ATV Florida Links Advertise

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length

Home   Help Search Calendar Login Register  
Pages: 1 ... 4 5 6 7 8 [9] 10 11   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: When are the next drag races?  (Read 77931 times)
535banshee
Supreme Member

Finally! ATVFlorida.com is here!

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #200 on: August 16, 2006, 10:23:12 PM »

smoke i dont think any stroke with aftermarket cylinders is going to work. i can hear the bitching now. i like the stock cylinder stuff put we need some thing else for the other classes.
535banshee
Supreme Member

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #201 on: August 16, 2006, 10:27:40 PM »

i am just thinking about some of the people here that have aftermarket cylinders but they are not done to the hills. i would like to make it as fair a possible. what do you guys think
Smoknbanshee
Supreme Member

When the green light drops, all bull$hit stops!

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #202 on: August 16, 2006, 10:27:46 PM »

office jockey class??? keyboard racer class??? guess how many friends smoke has class???  disrespectful little prick class???  I think I could enter all them classes and win....

lupo, you gonna get that motor back in a frame soon?  or you gonna just strap it to the drag axle and hang on like troy might have to do?

Team FBI (Florida Boy's Inc.)
A$$ Crack Racing
Choke on my Smoke!
Smoknbanshee
Supreme Member

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #203 on: August 16, 2006, 10:29:40 PM »

stock cylinder 0-7 mm: $15.00
stock cylinders, no drag pipes, aftermarket cool head allowed, no triple port, no alky, no fuel additives.

stock cylinder 8-20 mm $15.00
stock cylinders, drag pipes allowed, no triple port, no nitrous.

aftermarket cylinders 0-10 mm: $15.00
any cylinders, any stroke, no nitrous.  i see times that the 4 mills are running with the 18 mills, so why not put them all in the same class.  that should make everyone happy.

heavy hitters class: 15.00
rider must be over 200 lbs.  any cylinders, any stroke, no nitrous.

outlaw: $25.00
run what ya brung

a&b riders per class.
double elimination.
80% payback.
$100.00 protest, get caught cheating banned for 2 races.
no jockeys under 125 lbs, weigh in day of race.
 make all the aftermarket cylinders with stroke 11 mm and more go to the outlaw class...or maybe 8mm and bigger.

A$$ Crack Racing
Choke on my Smoke!
Smoknbanshee
Supreme Member

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #204 on: August 16, 2006, 10:33:35 PM »

before the races start everyone will draw a # for bracket position, so no one can b i t c h about that.  if an a&b rider get paired up, one of them takes a lose, no questions asked.  run it down to 1 person in winner's bracket and 1 person in loser's bracket and run them for 1st and 2nd.  don't pay out anymore that 1st and 2nd place.  there will be lots of utilities quads there too, might want to consider a class for them....mud slingser class.....no limit, run what ya brung.....
« Last Edit: August 16, 2006, 10:36:12 PM by Smoknbanshee » Logged

A$$ Crack Racing
Choke on my Smoke!
535banshee
Supreme Member

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #205 on: August 16, 2006, 10:34:16 PM »

what is a and b per class
Smoknbanshee
Supreme Member

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #206 on: August 16, 2006, 10:35:01 PM »

for everyone that does not like smoke for whatever reason, i want to make it perfectly clear that I am not putting this race on, I will only be a spectator, so by no means should you feel that if you come and race you will be suppporting an event I am involved in.  I will solely be there to take anyone's money that enters in the class i enter in.

A$$ Crack Racing
Choke on my Smoke!
Smoknbanshee
Supreme Member

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #207 on: August 16, 2006, 10:35:28 PM »

a & b riders....2 different riders on same bike.....

A$$ Crack Racing
Choke on my Smoke!
535banshee
Supreme Member

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #208 on: August 16, 2006, 10:37:15 PM »

i am thinking one rider per bike per clas. it gets really confusing when you do that.
Smoknbanshee
Supreme Member

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #209 on: August 16, 2006, 10:39:31 PM »

either way, also, NO BUY BACKS....if ya lose ya gone....or if you do buy backs, only allow buy backs in the 1st round....they are a book keeping nightmare most of the time....

A$$ Crack Racing
Choke on my Smoke!
BANSHEE-BOY TONY FARROW

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #210 on: August 16, 2006, 11:46:04 PM »

I say make the same classes as Hazelhurst and its fair for everyone. Call Carl and get Info -1-912-379-1253  on all his classes. so when the Ga boyz come down and yall come up it we be the same classes.My 2 cents Wink Ithink seting the classes up by stroke and triple port and nontriple want work.Hell rdz s350 was no tripleport running 3.80s. But dosent mean every bike will run that.  STOCK CLASS 350, prostock350,350 MODIFED NO CHEETAH CUB HAS TO BE STOCK CYL,550and below outlaw this is were ALL THE cubs will run and smaller cheetahs. and then 551 and bigger out law. then for the fourstroke will be 5.20class et. then run a 4.60 et  and then you can run a 6.00class for the slower bikes..  just my  to cent and evryone should be happy. And almost forgot a heavy hitters class Grin.

Wicked Racing TEAM    www.341dirtdrags.com
BANSHEE-BOY TONY FARROW

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #211 on: August 16, 2006, 11:49:10 PM »

i am thinking one rider per bike per clas. it gets really confusing when you do that.
                              Just make them get a different number and then if they are called up at the same time they will have to run for the fastest time.

Wicked Racing TEAM    www.341dirtdrags.com
fastrnrik
Supreme Member

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #212 on: August 17, 2006, 05:49:08 AM »

I'm a flat track guy,not a drag guy, but I've been reading your thread and I have a suggestion that might help you guys simplify your racing. You should get a few of the key guys together from your group and start a league or association that covers your particular style of racing. It doesn't have to follow any national organization, just borrow some rules that apply to you, and add your own, and then your set. Chris and Dave Ware started one for us idiots who get a thrill out of turning left. I think it's going to help our sport grow, due to the simple fact that there are now some set rules to go by. I mean, alot of people don't want to race when the rules change from week to week, plus it should eliminate alot of bitching. We even have a points series with a few different tracks that will reward different riders at the end of the year. That could be something that could work for you guys to consider too. Anyway, that's my $.02.       
Smoknbanshee
Supreme Member

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #213 on: August 17, 2006, 07:18:19 AM »

I'm a flat track guy,not a drag guy, but I've been reading your thread and I have a suggestion that might help you guys simplify your racing. You should get a few of the key guys together from your group and start a league or association that covers your particular style of racing. It doesn't have to follow any national organization, just borrow some rules that apply to you, and add your own, and then your set. Chris and Dave Ware started one for us idiots who get a thrill out of turning left. I think it's going to help our sport grow, due to the simple fact that there are now some set rules to go by. I mean, alot of people don't want to race when the rules change from week to week, plus it should eliminate alot of bitching. We even have a points series with a few different tracks that will reward different riders at the end of the year. That could be something that could work for you guys to consider too. Anyway, that's my $.02.       

good point, but there are very few of us that actually like each other, so I don't see how we would form a league. j/k.  the participation has to be shown before anyone is going to take the initiative to do a league.  when i did saltsdale races, the rules were set before the actual race and we modified maybe slightly to improve the races from actual racer input. 

by the way tony, jeff is going to use the lighting system that we have for a few months to get the ball rolling, so everything would have to be heads up and no et classes.  good point tony, does waresboro have the same rules as hazelhurst?  we never had the sames classes at saltsdale, and everyone was set up pretty even.

A$$ Crack Racing
Choke on my Smoke!
dynodon
Supreme Member

Ocala racing team

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #214 on: August 17, 2006, 12:33:04 PM »

Just my opinion here, I dont think that just giving or placing a bike by its stroke or crank size is going to work well either. Point in fact, Franks new motor is a super cub, running a 4 mil crank, but the bore size is something like74.5 or78.5, so a displacement should be considered. I know that could mean a possible tear down, and I am not to fond of that idea. But lets face it we ALL know that there are gonna be peaple wanting to cheat.

Just my opinion Wink

The " Black Pearl "
No, you dont want NONE of it
Smoknbanshee
Supreme Member

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #215 on: August 17, 2006, 01:20:58 PM »

the only way to eliminate cheaters is to penalize them....if we are going to look at pullin the head off of a bike, we can check bore and stroke, so make displacement classes.  if you get caught cheating, you and your bike can not race for 6 months.  $100.00 protest.  run the classes just like planet sand.  I am game.  I am just thinking out loud trying to throw some ideas out there.  if we run displacement classes, your only gonna have like 4 classes max, because everyone racing will fit in those classes.  only thing to consider is you really won't have a class for the stock bikes, but who wants to race a stock bike?  2 strokes and 4 strokes would run together. 

A$$ Crack Racing
Choke on my Smoke!
dynodon
Supreme Member

Ocala racing team

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #216 on: August 17, 2006, 01:34:40 PM »

Thats what I was thinking Smoke, I do see what Tony was saying also , about running the same as Ga. , But I think Carl was talking at PS this lat season on changing to meet their classes and such, that way everyone is already running the same  no ,matter where you race.

The " Black Pearl "
No, you dont want NONE of it
PAPA_TRIBAL

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #217 on: August 17, 2006, 03:07:53 PM »

Yep, 358cc-485cc, 486cc-550cc, and 551cc-as big as ya want  Wink Wink
535banshee
Supreme Member

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #218 on: August 17, 2006, 05:52:08 PM »

so people want classes by cc's
Smoknbanshee
Supreme Member

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #219 on: August 17, 2006, 07:32:56 PM »

i would say yes, get caught cheating, 6 months before the bike or you can race.....i hate cheaters...

A$$ Crack Racing
Choke on my Smoke!
tribal banshee

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #220 on: August 17, 2006, 07:55:08 PM »

only problem with displacement classes is that a 350 will have to race my 10 mil Huh without Tony riding the 350 not much of a chance Embarrassed just my 2 cents. what ever you do keep it very simple and fair for everyone so you will get good turn outs. people won't show up if they don't have a chance Cool

'04 Grizzly 660 lifted w/mods and 29.5 outlaws mine
'04 Grizzly 660 stock girlfriends
'04 kodiak 450 stock kids
badcompanyracing

Finally, ATVFlorida.com is here!

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #221 on: August 17, 2006, 08:16:19 PM »

stock cylinder 0-7 mm: $15.00
stock cylinders, no drag pipes, aftermarket cool head allowed, no triple port, no alky, no fuel additives.

stock cylinder 8-20 mm $15.00
stock cylinders, drag pipes allowed, no triple port, no nitrous.

aftermarket cylinders 0-10 mm: $15.00
any cylinders, any stroke, no nitrous.  i see times that the 4 mills are running with the 18 mills, so why not put them all in the same class.  that should make everyone happy.

heavy hitters class: 15.00
rider must be over 200 lbs.  any cylinders, any stroke, no nitrous.

outlaw: $25.00
run what ya brung

a&b riders per class.
double elimination.
80% payback.
$100.00 protest, get caught cheating banned for 2 races.
no jockeys under 125 lbs, weigh in day of race.
 make all the aftermarket cylinders with stroke 11 mm and more go to the outlaw class...or maybe 8mm and bigger.
with this set up I would have to run my 350 against a 7mill (ain't scared) Grin but no thanks, and I know some guys that would have to run a 350 mod. in the outlaw or aftermarket cyl. class I don't think they would might be wrong just my .02      535 where can I get a that tool to check the stroke thru by taking out the plug.

BADCOMPANY RACING
A.K.G.B.
ASS KICKIN GEORGIA BOYS
535banshee
Supreme Member

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #222 on: August 17, 2006, 08:24:32 PM »

i been looking at what all you guys said a nd i think tony might have have the best for right now. 350 stock class, 350 pro stock, 350 mod. then you might have to go with aftermarket cylinder class from one cc size to other. what do you think
535banshee
Supreme Member

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #223 on: August 17, 2006, 08:25:45 PM »

if we go with something down these lines what rules are for each class.
Smoknbanshee
Supreme Member

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #224 on: August 17, 2006, 09:20:20 PM »

match it up with GA rules, the only problem is there are too many variables to keep people from cheating....they have a page long list of rules for each class....

A$$ Crack Racing
Choke on my Smoke!
Pages: 1 ... 4 5 6 7 8 [9] 10 11   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

Other Florida sites of interest: www.PinballShark.com