Home ATV Florida Forum ATV Florida Where to Ride? ATV Florida Links Advertise

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length

Home   Help Search Calendar Login Register  
Pages: [1] 2 3 4 5   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Riding Partners in Palm Beach  (Read 38148 times)
ATV KawaMan

View Profile

Ignore
« on: June 30, 2006, 07:27:01 PM »

Looking for a riding partners for trips to Holey Lands / Rotenberger W.M.A. I have a 4x4 sports utility ATV and I like trail riding. Must have your trailer and transportation. I live in Palm Beach County.
You can write to my e-mail hackleyps@adelphia.net

Always looking for a group ride or road trip to a new trail
561rincon

dont get stuck. get buried!!!!

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #1 on: June 30, 2006, 07:45:08 PM »

i never been to holyland im kinda scared the way my bike likes to over heat but if its wet enough ill go next weekend. this weekend is the pepsi 400.

05 rincon 28'' mud bugs type 7 black wheels,2'' lift,dyno jet kit, 2500lb warn , K&N, snorkel kit, TORC exhaust.

04' 24' keystone tailgator toyhauler
06' F-150 stx
76' F-250 2.5 ton running gear 16.9x24 tires 360c.i
MachineDog
Supreme Member

Ride Red!

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #2 on: July 01, 2006, 11:31:03 AM »

Mine get's pretty hot too before hondas ECM will turn on the stupid fan. It gets to about the point the plastic is all hot and you can move it easy. Anyway, we're here in loxahatchee if anyones interested in riding.

http://img284.imageshack.us/img284/4291/p517000123ek.jpg
06 Rancher 350 4x4 - K&N, 1.5" Snorkel, 26" Mudbugs.
Spot Reserved for Big Bore.
http://www.flickr.com/photos/machinedogtag/ - Click to see our pics.
561rincon

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #3 on: July 03, 2006, 01:09:49 PM »

machine my bros and sisters been riding out off orange and RPB blvd ever go there? i told them its illegal but they said a cop rode by them and said nothing?

05 rincon 28'' mud bugs type 7 black wheels,2'' lift,dyno jet kit, 2500lb warn , K&N, snorkel kit, TORC exhaust.

06' F-150 stx
bluesman
Supreme Member

03 ds650baja/03kfx 400/ 03kfx 450

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #4 on: July 03, 2006, 01:18:30 PM »

number 1 please dont say where you ride online! pm it a friend!!
and just because there is 1 ok cop.doesnt mean the next 1 will be.
becarefull.iam in palm beach also we have sport bikes and would love to hook up.

bluesman

p.s hi pbso atv 4
PBSO_ATV_Deputy_4

PBSO Agricultural Crimes Detective

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #5 on: July 04, 2006, 10:52:45 AM »

Royal Palm Beach Blvd and Orange Blvd is no secret. Very unlawful to ride there, as it's posted "NO TRESPASSING". The property owner is making arrangements to dig out the canal area where everyone is crossing. If you notice, some of the signs along Orange Blvd are PBSO "No Trespassing" signs, which means a trespass affidavit was signed by the property owner. We were using loud speakers yesterday to warn people to leave the property. The next step is arresting and towing. With any luck, it won't come to that, however, it seems people have less and less respect for signs and other people's property.
« Last Edit: July 04, 2006, 10:54:39 AM by PBSO_ATV_Deputy_4 » Logged
561rincon

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #6 on: July 04, 2006, 11:02:38 AM »

i would rather him let me know than to go out there thinking different and get ticketed. if we keep riding in places illegally thats going to give our sport a bad name right or wrong?

p.s thanks for info PBSO

kevin

06' F-150 stx
PBSO_ATV_Deputy_4

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #7 on: July 04, 2006, 12:14:21 PM »

561rincon,
Thanks, and yes, illegal riding gives the sport a bad name and it turns the non-riding members of the community against the sport. Across the state, law enforcement agencies are forming ATV Enforcement Units to address those riders who choose to ride irresponsibly and unlawfully. Owning an ATV is much like owning a boat. It needs to be trailered / transported to a legal and sanctioned riding area like a boat to water. Those who choose to ride out of their front yard, onto the public roadway, then trespass on private property / natural areas are ruining it for those who ride responsibly and lawfully.
« Last Edit: July 04, 2006, 12:33:02 PM by PBSO_ATV_Deputy_4 » Logged
dynodon
Supreme Member

Ocala racing team

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #8 on: July 04, 2006, 01:08:16 PM »

See there !!, just goes to show you never know who`s listening in !!!

If there are signs posted, follow the rules !!, It will only help us keep some of the few riding areas we have left Wink

The " Black Pearl "
No, you dont want NONE of it
561rincon

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #9 on: July 04, 2006, 05:34:21 PM »

pretty soon officals are going to say they cant afford a place for people to ride because they have to employ to many officers to keep people off private land.

06' F-150 stx
MachineDog
Supreme Member

Ride Red!

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #10 on: July 05, 2006, 11:27:08 AM »

Yup, which is why we keep our riding areas secret to others.

561rincon

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #11 on: July 05, 2006, 02:10:26 PM »

but what you dont know is none are secrets its just a matter of when they will patrol it.

06' F-150 stx
561rincon

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #12 on: July 05, 2006, 03:59:30 PM »

my point of asking was that my family was out there with 8 bikes all 2006 models and i dont want them impounded so i have to look out. if it was a secret then im truly sorry but everyone really needs to try and keep off private property see it through owners perspective, you get hurt you sue, or burn his land down?

06' F-150 stx
PBSO_ATV_Deputy_4

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #13 on: July 05, 2006, 10:37:26 PM »

Secret Places in PBC?? No, there aren't any.... Just means no one has complained yet or the out-of-area property owner has no idea he owns an OHV park. Places like those behind the Regal cinemas and The Willows along the powerlines are on borrowed time. What general happens, is area residents complain, contact the property owner, who then contacts us to patrol their property. The Royal Palm PD doesn't have an off-road unit. When/if PBSO takes over the law enforcement services in Royal Palm, enforcement will begin. Unfortunately, these are the cold, hard facts. If you have a secret area and want to keep it that way, ride responsibly, quitely (dump the loud exhaust, lots of complaints and makes it easy to find you), don't litter and don't advertise it.
dynodon
Supreme Member

Ocala racing team

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #14 on: July 05, 2006, 10:56:17 PM »

Secret Places in PBC?? No, there aren't any.... Just means no one has complained yet or the out-of-area property owner has no idea he owns an OHV park. Places like those behind the Regal cinemas and The Willows along the powerlines are on borrowed time. What general happens, is area residents complain, contact the property owner, who then contacts us to patrol their property. The Royal Palm PD doesn't have an off-road unit. When/if PBSO takes over the law enforcement services in Royal Palm, enforcement will begin. Unfortunately, these are the cold, hard facts. If you have a secret area and want to keep it that way, ride responsibly, quitely (dump the loud exhaust, lots of complaints and makes it easy to find you), don't litter and don't advertise it.
Well said !! Clapper Bow

The " Black Pearl "
No, you dont want NONE of it
MATT1969

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #15 on: July 05, 2006, 10:58:34 PM »

THATS RIGHT PBSO.everyone should read what he is saying.dont ask for trouble.if you dont mind me asking pbso-4.why dont you tell everyone what the police can do if you get caught trespassing in a area where it is very noticeable.maybe that would keep everybody a little more aware of what the max penalty is.i now that you guys try and be a lenient as possible but what can you do when play time is over.
PBSO_ATV_Deputy_4

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #16 on: July 07, 2006, 12:27:41 AM »

Trespassing is a misdemeanor, punishable up to 1 year in jail and/or a $500 fine. If you happened to be armed in any way, such as a knife, firearm, ect...It's now "ARMED" trespassing, which is a felony. That means forfeiture of the weapon and your quad. Bottom line: DON'T TRESPASS!!!! We have a zero tolerance approach when enforcing the Natural Areas and properly posted or fenced properties. The "warning" was the sign you passed or the fence/canal you went through. Just so everyone understands, an area doesn't have to be posted with signs if there is a fence or a canal surrounding the property. Orange & Royal Palm is a prime example. Everyone tore down the signs, but the canal is there and has to be crossed to gain access. As for leniency, we do issue verbal/written warnings to some we stop for riding on the roads, but anyone caught trespassing in a natural area or properly posted/fenced properties get very little. in most cases, the quad is towed. Especially if it doesn't have a sticker and you can't prove ownership. Those we have arrested or warned can tell you, our unit treats everyone with respect. Yes, sometimes we come off strong at first to get the message across, but it's how we have to conduct business. Our ultimate goal is to prevent injuries, promote safe, responsible riding and preserve what wetlands/wooded areas are left in this county. When we achieve this without writing one citation or making one arrest, it was was a good day....
MachineDog
Supreme Member

Ride Red!

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #17 on: July 08, 2006, 11:46:42 AM »

Sucks since the stupid idiots had to get the old site out on the long sugar sand road closed. Sad It'd be really nice and muddy right now.

PBSO_ATV_Deputy_4

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #18 on: July 09, 2006, 10:57:30 PM »

Again, please avoid the Orange & Royal Palm property......Several arrests were made there over the weekend.......D/S Gibson
Loven It
Supreme Member

Finally! ATVFlorida.com is here!

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #19 on: July 10, 2006, 09:29:49 AM »

Again, please avoid the Orange & Royal Palm property......Several arrests were made there over the weekend.......D/S Gibson

Just wondering - Is the charge trespassing? What happens to your quad if you get arrested? Are you able to leave it with someone else or does it get impounded?

99 Honda 400ex
01 Polaris Trailblazer
06 Honda 90cc
05 Kazuma 50cc

https://www.nationalmssociety.org//FLC/personal/default.asp?pa=52649935&pd=FLC0EMS120060429WWT
PBSO_ATV_Deputy_4

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #20 on: July 10, 2006, 09:47:43 AM »

Yes, the charge is trespassing. If your quad doesn't have the registration decal as required by law, it is impounded, pending proof of ownership. If it's properly registered, we have the discretion to allow someone else to recover it if they can respond within 30 minutes. Otherwise, it's towed. If the charge is felony trespass, the quad is imponded, pending forfeiture. To prevent all the above, avoid trespassing!!!
Loven It
Supreme Member

Finally! ATVFlorida.com is here!

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #21 on: July 10, 2006, 10:37:40 AM »

Thank you for the response. I had no idea how severe in a sense a tresspassing charge was. We only ride at Croom or ONF so we have no worries  Smiley I was just wondering what someone has to go through for not riding in legal areas.

Thanks for the info

99 Honda 400ex
01 Polaris Trailblazer
06 Honda 90cc
05 Kazuma 50cc

https://www.nationalmssociety.org//FLC/personal/default.asp?pa=52649935&pd=FLC0EMS120060429WWT
bluesman
Supreme Member

03 ds650baja/03kfx 400/ 03kfx 450

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #22 on: July 10, 2006, 11:31:32 AM »

what you dont tazer them Huh??
sbripple

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #23 on: July 10, 2006, 07:34:29 PM »

Trespassing is a misdemeanor, punishable up to 1 year in jail and/or a $500 fine. If you happened to be armed in any way, such as a knife, firearm, ect...It's now "ARMED" trespassing, which is a felony. That means forfeiture of the weapon and your quad. Bottom line: DON'T TRESPASS!!!! We have a zero tolerance approach when enforcing the Natural Areas and properly posted or fenced properties. The "warning" was the sign you passed or the fence/canal you went through. Just so everyone understands, an area doesn't have to be posted with signs if there is a fence or a canal surrounding the property. Orange & Royal Palm is a prime example. Everyone tore down the signs, but the canal is there and has to be crossed to gain access. As for leniency, we do issue verbal/written warnings to some we stop for riding on the roads, but anyone caught trespassing in a natural area or properly posted/fenced properties get very little. in most cases, the quad is towed. Especially if it doesn't have a sticker and you can't prove ownership. Those we have arrested or warned can tell you, our unit treats everyone with respect. Yes, sometimes we come off strong at first to get the message across, but it's how we have to conduct business. Our ultimate goal is to prevent injuries, promote safe, responsible riding and preserve what wetlands/wooded areas are left in this county. When we achieve this without writing one citation or making one arrest, it was was a good day....

sbripple

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #24 on: July 10, 2006, 07:47:58 PM »

how is this enforcement dictated?   did the palm beach county sherriff say "lets bust all the atv's?"county state and federal law is written and your job is enforcement.You dont get to have a particular pet peeve.You enforce ,not write law.I want to know why all the golf carts all over the county can use public roads with no fear of enforcement of the same laws you are sworn to enforce but choose to focus on atv's.What about farm vehicles?My atv is just that,a farm vehicle.I believe federal law supercedes a county gang trying to bully people.I  ride and will continue to ride around my property and the surrounding area .I occassionally "trespass"but I drive slowly and attempt to be respectful of the owners property and hold myself accountable if I do damage.I am sure we will meet soon and I intend to be respectful as long as you obey the same laws  you expect others to obide by.Everyone knows that the sherriffs deputys re amoung the worst traffic law offenders on the rode.If you deny that you are a liar or a fool.Also the discretion you excercise in citing some and not citing others is just a way of garnering kickbacks and illegal special considerations for your discretion.Its a known fact .So stop the self righteous attitude,PLLLLEEEEAASE

Pages: [1] 2 3 4 5   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

Other Florida sites of interest: www.PinballShark.com