Home ATV Florida Forum ATV Florida Where to Ride? ATV Florida Links Advertise

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length

Home   Help Search Calendar Login Register  
Poll
Question: If Harley Davidson made 4-wheelers (Sport and Utilities) would that interest anyone?
Yes - 17 (30.4%)
No - 39 (69.6%)
Total Voters: 54

Pages: 1 [2]  All   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: What if Harley Davidson made 4-Wheelers?  (Read 10751 times)
Alba450
Supreme Member

When in doubt lock em' up!

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #25 on: May 09, 2006, 08:14:37 AM »

well in the street bike industry, i would much rather by a ninja, r1, cbr, or gsx over any harley.  But thats just cuz of my need for speed style.  So in the quads i would probably stay in the same line of manufacturs .

Yea would 2......If I would buy a Bike it would be a YAMAHA R1....for $9,000 it's a nice motorcycle.  but the Special Edition R1 is $18,000!!! w00ter Shocked

Thanks to my Sponsors at.....

***OMF Performance***
***Liquid Performance***
***Fasst Flexx Handlebars***
***Laeger's Racing***
***AMSOIL Racing***
***VORTEX Racing***
***PowerMadd Handgaurds***

"Your mom? Yeah I know her. She took more shots in the mouth than Stallone in Rocky III"
Fox17
Supreme Member

Go Gators!!

View Profile WWW

Ignore
« Reply #26 on: May 09, 2006, 03:54:01 PM »

well in the street bike industry, i would much rather by a ninja, r1, cbr, or gsx over any harley.  But thats just cuz of my need for speed style.  So in the quads i would probably stay in the same line of manufacturs .

I agree. I want to purchase a 2005 GSX-R 600 or CBR600RR
JIMMYS

Finally! ATVFlorida.com is here!

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #27 on: June 23, 2006, 06:48:48 AM »

I read this and had to reply: Yes I would buy one and because of this post I will have to build one. For all of those who knock,put down and bash Harleys  I'm sorry you can't afford one, let's face it, if they were cheep everybody would own one and I would have get rid of the four  I own now ( 78,90,98 and a 04)
As far as breaking down, leaking oil and loud, come on people if you use it there is a chance that anything  mechanical will show signs of wear sooner or later...there again if you use it! Loud... Just how many people spent money on a pipe or  performance exhaust??? My opion of loud and anoying: people who try to make their jap bike sound like a Harley, it can't be done and they sound like my neighbor's riding mower with a rusted  out muffler, and please lets not forget about big muffler cars - No back pressure = NO power, just noise. I could go on & on but thats enough for now.As for as the artical that Numkux posted, I'd put my money on the reason that artical was written, his old lady jumped on the back of some over weight bikers loud oil leaking Harley and never looked back. By the way I also ride RED( XR 250, CR 250) & BLUE ( YZ 250 and the newest a 450 Wolverine)
If it flys,floats or ...has wheels, sooner or later it will let you down
JIMMY
AintSkeered
Contributing Member Plus
Supreme Member

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #28 on: June 23, 2006, 07:05:24 AM »

Yeah, it'd be just like the current VW ad. "Because my daddy never hugged me", "because I have more money than you", etc..

2015 Can-Am Outlander XT-P by Perry Performance Group
JIMMYS

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #29 on: June 23, 2006, 07:47:22 AM »

I've yet to see that ad, not much time to watch tv, busy working hard, hugging on my son and enjoying another day in paradise. No help from daddy here.
bftclub

where's the mud at?

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #30 on: June 26, 2006, 09:21:49 PM »

leak oil everywhere,but the plus side to a harley quad would have to be the quad babes,wearing next to nuthin,no teeth,,aghhh i just ruined that vision....sorry............but seriously...they would definetly have sound all of there own,,be called something like THE QUADSTER...
JIMMYS

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #31 on: June 27, 2006, 09:01:16 AM »

Looks like someone beat me to building the Harley powered atv but that's ok. If any one knows of the Rabbit run which happened on 6/17 is another reason I had to have a four wheeler, check out some cool pic'sat http://www.apollomotorcycleclub.com/rabbitrun/Lrr_pics.htm. Apollo motorcycle club has put on 32 pumkin runs and this was the 4th rabbit run. The runs are a approx 20 mile course which takes roughly 4 hours to complete on a atv, they had 3 runs: 6:30 for the family run, 7:15 for the fun run and 8:15 for the main event. This is an all day/night event, some times camping is allowed  if not the gates open early am and you get to play all day, mud holes to drag racing to just good dirty fun to be had by all. I did the Pumkin run a couple a years ago on a dirt bike, it was a demanding 20 miles through the woods in the dark, but what a blast. What I notice while passing many atv's were the amount of coolers attached the the racks, women and children on the back, some had one hand on the throttle and a cold beverage in the other...seams like I could get into that, appeared  like a hell of a lot of fun, not that the dirt bike was'nt, but this would be yet a differant level of fun, and it was, my wife on the back with a cooler... a day/night to remember.
As far as oil leaks,  there were a few Jap Quads leaking, broken, not running, leaking. I saw broken axles trannys distroyed atv's abussed  ect.ect.ect. and a bunch of girl wearing little to nothing and one on a Harley powered atv and she had all her teeth not so sure about all the rest on Jap stuff. One thing for sure , it was a great time. Check out the pic's and info at applo motorcycle club site.
Jimmy
MachineDog
Supreme Member

Ride Red!

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #32 on: June 27, 2006, 11:02:36 AM »

Okay, here's the thing. It would be expensive as hell, heavy, torquey(starting to sound like a bomb here lol), but most of all it'd have mega-style. Slap the revolution VTwin in it for 115HP in 1100CC. Even at low-speed nobody would mistake you for a total bada**.

http://img284.imageshack.us/img284/4291/p517000123ek.jpg
06 Rancher 350 4x4 - K&N, 1.5" Snorkel, 26" Mudbugs.
Spot Reserved for Big Bore.
http://www.flickr.com/photos/machinedogtag/ - Click to see our pics.
VForcedave
Supreme Member

V TWIN FOR THE WIN.

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #33 on: June 27, 2006, 11:14:21 AM »

I Like it. I Ride a VForce and a Harley. I would be in heaven if that Vforce had a HArley V-Twin in it. Its not going to win any races but the chicks dig it.

2004 Kaw Vforce 700 twin. Mine
2005 Honda Rancher 350 Kev Mans
2002 Yamaha 80 Raptor Kev Mans
2000 Jeep Wrangler 4" lift, 33's, winched
1988 Harley FXRP Dropped and chopped
2003 Chevy Duramax 100+K and still cruising. 18mpg.
Pages: 1 [2]  All   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

Other Florida sites of interest: www.PinballShark.com