Home ATV Florida Forum ATV Florida Where to Ride? ATV Florida Links Advertise

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length

Home   Help Search Calendar Login Register  
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 6 7 8 9   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Does God exist? This thread is not meant to be a debate!  (Read 75980 times)
SWAMP_DONKEY

« Reply #50 on: June 15, 2006, 10:14:04 PM »

Bible people are the first ones to condemn someone for not believing what they believe to be true. Religous people kill other people in the name of their God.
The bible has 10 commandments to live by and they break almost everyone of them and then pray for forgivness.
Sadly, this topic makes more enimies than friends. And in a wierd way made new ones  Wink
Wait... someone is at my door...
who is it??
 Evil

If there was a point to this thread it is now lost!! No one is being condemned for not believing in God, only giving points to support our belief.

Ask yourself one question...if a 100 years ago there was no belief in the Lord do you really think we would be here today? The Bible tells us about our creator and the stories that lead up to our salvation. The world is a better place because of "the fear of God" and that one thing may keep some people from doing bad things. Can you imagine a World without God?? I cant.
LakeMaryKid
Supreme Member

Just a good ole' boy never meanin no harm.

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #51 on: June 15, 2006, 10:17:14 PM »

Isnt the title to this thread an oxymoron? Undecided Asking for someones opinion yet when a different opinion arouses it turns into a debate.  Huh

Debate:
1 To consider something; deliberate.
2 To engage in argument by discussing opposing points.

2003 KFX 400
1994 F-150 - 12" SAS 38.5 Boggers
2007 F-150 Supercrew FX4 Luxury
2004 14' Mirrocraft
TRX450R_Racer
Retired Racer
Supreme Member

**** Frank **** **FF&J Racing**

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #52 on: June 15, 2006, 10:40:50 PM »

Chuck Norris, good post I can't believe I mist it earlier.  I may even try one of those books because inquiring minds want to know.

Thanks for all the anwers guys I appreciate your efforts.  

In my opinion this type of thread doesn't belong on this site.
 There is nothing wrong with a good debate TRX then hopefully all sides of an issue will walk away with just a little bit more of an understanding of the other sides thought.  But this post was not meant to be a debate, it was just a question.  Thanks

No matter what it was intended to be. They all turn out the same. I don't even read the posts.

Member of South East Florida Trail Riders

Life's to short, wear a helmet.
Dress for the crash, not for the ride.
Ripped off by Brandon George.
SWAMP_DONKEY

« Reply #53 on: June 15, 2006, 10:44:04 PM »

There never was a point to this topic. C'mon
This guy is laughing at the controversy and saying he doesn't want a debate. How can you ask THAT kind of question and get anything but a debate?? The whole thing is a malicious trick to drive an invisible wedge between us. We are good people no matter what God we believe in. I believe that. I've met many from this site and no talk of religion was heard. We had fun amd helped each other without even thinking about it. Throw God into the mix and all heck breaks loose. Orrrr it brings people together.
Funny how those beliefs make people like or not like another.

Black/White
Good/Evil
God/Devil
Santa Clause/Easter Bunny

OOHHHH NOW YOU WANT TO BRING SANTA AND THE EASTER BUNNY INTO THIS?Huh OK THE GLOVES ARE OFF!!!
   Again read my post, no one is pointing fingers only voicing opinion and belief. i do however agree with most of this post.

But leave Santa and Fur ball out of this....or else Lecture
Chuck_Norris

« Reply #54 on: June 15, 2006, 10:50:08 PM »

There never was a point to this topic. C'mon
Throw God into the mix and all heck breaks loose. Orrrr it brings people together.
Funny how those beliefs make people like or not like another.

It takes someone with the intestinal fortitude to step up and say I believe instead of coward behind inconsitencies.You can not disprove the Bible many have tried.
 Each time that we have raced or ridden in groups someone has always taken the oppurtunity to start the race/ride in prayer. I would initiate the prayer at Saltsdale when I was there and was quite truthfully overwhelmed by the acceptance. there are alot of great folks on this site. it is unfortunate that the efforts towards disproving the presence of God have become more aggresive just so that we can live any way we see fit without consideration For Gods word  
RTR_380/450R
Supreme Member

The older I get..........

View Profile WWW

Ignore
« Reply #55 on: June 15, 2006, 10:54:09 PM »

I usually dont go here, but, in this case I would like to interject something!  
I do believe there is a God!  I do believe there was an unbelievable man named Jesus Christ that walked this Earth!  I also believe that the Bible was written by man!  Men like us!  With hearts of love and hate, with good and bad intentions, with faith and doubt, and all with Sin!  But the one thing that for some reason I continue to bet the farm on is this-  theres no way that something such as the universe we live in and the direct complexity of it all was an accident!  Is there a God? Every person in the world believes in God!  It might not be my God or anyone elses God.  The reason and cause for our existence is God!  I think the more complex question is not whether he exist but,  Who is God or What is God!  To some God may be mother nature. To some God may be evolution.  But make no mistake,  whoever or whatever God is, God is the reason we are here.  The Bible teaches alot of things.  And people get wrapped up in debates of the Bibles validity.  The people that try to disprove the Bible and the people that try to validate the Bible are so busy doing so that they miss the most powerful message-  Love each other and do the right thing!!!!!  How can anyone argue the Bibles message!?  Who cares if it was a white dove or a grey dove!  Who cares if it was a river or a creek!  Who cares if it was the north or south star!  If someone wrote an article about me beating John Natalie, Joe Byrd, Doug Gust, Tim Farr, etc;  at the nationals, and said my bike was Blue when my bike is red- WHO CARES!  THE MESSAGE IS THAT IM THE FASTEST RIDER IN THE WORLD!!!   Grin  I kinda had to interject that!!  Im starting to ramble, so Im out!!!!!    Cool

And if you want to debate, dont!  Id rather just fist fight!!!!! Boxer

jt

RTR PERFORMANCE ENGINES
Specializing in FAST RELIABLE Horspower!!
rtrperformanceengines.com
Chuck_Norris

« Reply #56 on: June 15, 2006, 10:58:04 PM »

Sooo, is that a yes or a no?

I do believe there is a God!  

I am pretty sure that is one for the YES team

Good Point RTR
« Last Edit: June 15, 2006, 11:00:06 PM by Chuck_Norris » Logged
RTR_380/450R
Supreme Member

The older I get..........

View Profile WWW

Ignore
« Reply #57 on: June 15, 2006, 11:01:31 PM »

It is definately a Yes!  Just trying to say that my God is probably differant than everyone elses.  But hes my God, nonetheless! Grin

And Yes, I will be your friend!!  Call me!  My number is 800-I-LOVE-YOU!! Grin
« Last Edit: June 15, 2006, 11:03:12 PM by RTR_380/450R » Logged

RTR PERFORMANCE ENGINES
Specializing in FAST RELIABLE Horspower!!
rtrperformanceengines.com
trx#9
Supreme Member

Manager at Seaman's Sausage House and Adult Movies

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #58 on: June 15, 2006, 11:01:56 PM »

It takes someone with the intestinal fortitude to step up and say I believe instead of coward behind inconsitencies.You can not disprove the Bible many have tried.
 [/quote] WRONG !!!

"A SPECIAL THANKS TO MY SPONSORS"
Big Knob racing!, NewMembers Mom!
 Sacks Gloryhole at the Little Bar!
Qawd32 Colon massage inc.!
Fuzzy Pickle race team!
Da_Mtg_Man
extraordinaire
Supreme Member

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #59 on: June 15, 2006, 11:03:21 PM »

WRONG !!!
[/quote]

Oh, Well then I guess that settles it.  Grin

FLORIDA MUD RIDER
Sleazy_Rider78

Old enough to know better, still too young to care

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #60 on: June 15, 2006, 11:06:22 PM »

WRONG !!!

[/quote]

I think you meant to say testicular fortitude.  Intestinal fortitude sounds like you have a chronic gas problem.

www.myspace.com/mlatcham
Stolen: 2003 Yamaha YZ250F. Moto XXX graphics, Pro Taper handlebars, black Excel rims.  Pics of bike in Stolen ATV Watch Forum.
http://www.atvflorida.com/forum/index.php/topic,25023.0.html
Toomey
Supreme Member

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #61 on: June 15, 2006, 11:07:41 PM »

I honestly can't see the point of living if there is no God, no heaven, no reason to love and help people, to try and be good people.  What would be the point of that with out God?  Chalk up another for the side that believes in God and his Son, the only way to eternal salvation.  I wish all of you that say you don't believe would just reconsider, it's stupid for me to ask I know, but it's the best decision you'll ever make or the worst mistake you'll ever make, and you only get one chance (one lifetime) to make it.

Looking for a junker dirt bike project.
trx#9
Supreme Member

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #62 on: June 15, 2006, 11:12:39 PM »

WRONG !!!

I think you meant to say testicular fortitude.  Intestinal fortitude sounds like you have a chronic gas problem.
[/quote] Did you smell that through your PC sorry!    Factual proof already has been done by scientist and archaeology but you guys don't want to here it, Like your deaf or something

Fuzzy Pickle race team!
Chuck_Norris

« Reply #63 on: June 15, 2006, 11:15:33 PM »

I really wish I was more educated in the bible. I am a strong believe and try to live right, but I do not have enough knowledge in the bible. Scott and Bill, you 2 are true believers who stand up for what's right.

It has taken a long time to get where I am at today and I still thirst for more knowledge. there is always something new to learn. I turned my life over to Christ march 29th of 2000. on the verge of loosing everything. I have since been blessed many folds. Seek and you will find
The Truth will set you free, it has for me
Chuck_Norris

« Reply #64 on: June 15, 2006, 11:17:37 PM »

intestinal fortitude = the guts to stand up for what is right
« Last Edit: June 15, 2006, 11:20:10 PM by Chuck_Norris » Logged
SWAMP_DONKEY

« Reply #65 on: June 15, 2006, 11:24:26 PM »

hehehe I'm going to bed. Good night and God bless.
I take the Santa bunny thing back.

Well,....Ok then.
SWAMP_DONKEY

« Reply #66 on: June 15, 2006, 11:25:26 PM »

It is definately a Yes!  Just trying to say that my God is probably differant than everyone elses.  But hes my God, nonetheless! Grin

And Yes, I will be your friend!!  Call me!  My number is 800-I-LOVE-YOU!! Grin

[attachment deleted by admin]
« Last Edit: June 15, 2006, 11:27:18 PM by SWAMP_DONKEY » Logged
trx#9
Supreme Member

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #67 on: June 15, 2006, 11:31:54 PM »

I really wish I was more educated in the bible. I am a strong believe and try to live right, but I do not have enough knowledge in the bible. Scott and Bill, you 2 are true believers who stand up for what's right.

It has taken a long time to get where I am at today and I still thirst for more knowledge. there is always something new to learn. I turned my life over to Christ march 29th of 2000. on the verge of loosing everything. I have since been blessed many folds. Seek and you will find
I do believe religion does good for some people  I just wish people would explore other idea's too, isn't great that we can have this kind of debate and not worry about being arrested or hung. A least we still have freedom of speech for now.  peace!!!!!!!!

Fuzzy Pickle race team!
UncleRico
Supreme Member

"Crazy, Insane?"

View Profile WWW

Ignore
« Reply #68 on: June 15, 2006, 11:34:13 PM »

Mr Norris, you seem to be upset and throw words around like guts and coward like someone who doesn't believe what you believe is just that; a coward without guts. Am I mistaken? Why do you sound hostile?

Obviously, you've never seen WALKER TEXAS RANGER!  You just don't UNDERSTAND Chuck Norris. God will SMOTE THEE!

UNLUCKY #13 RACING  "I want to thank my sponsors, Jack Cass Bail Bonds, The Cleveland Steamer Carpet Cleaner Company, The Rusty Trombone Pub, and Dirty Sanchez's Liquor and Check Cashing."
Chuck_Norris

« Reply #69 on: June 15, 2006, 11:36:03 PM »

Mr Norris, you seem to be upset and throw words around like guts and coward like someone who doesn't believe what you believe is just that; a coward without guts. Am I mistaken? Why do you sound hostile?

your are mistaken, anyone here who knows me in person can atest to my demeanor , hostility is not in my nature. but truth be know a coward has no guts

Now you mess with my Family and you'll not find me to be as nice a fella. My co-workers will attest to that when the school system lost my youngst son
« Last Edit: June 15, 2006, 11:41:06 PM by Chuck_Norris » Logged
SWAMP_DONKEY

« Reply #70 on: June 15, 2006, 11:39:01 PM »

He knew this day would come.

Matthew 24 /3-15

3And as he sat upon the mount of Olives, the disciples came unto him privately, saying, Tell us, when shall these things be? and what shall be the sign of thy coming, and of the end of the world?

4And Jesus answered and said unto them, Take heed that no man deceive you.

5For many shall come in my name, saying, I am Christ; and shall deceive many.

6And ye shall hear of wars and rumours of wars: see that ye be not troubled: for all these things must come to pass, but the end is not yet.

7For nation shall rise against nation, and kingdom against kingdom: and there shall be famines, and pestilences, and earthquakes, in divers places.

8All these are the beginning of sorrows.

9Then shall they deliver you up to be afflicted, and shall kill you: and ye shall be hated of all nations for my name's sake.

10And then shall many be offended, and shall betray one another, and shall hate one another.

11And many false prophets shall rise, and shall deceive many.

12And because iniquity shall abound, the love of many shall wax cold.

13But he that shall endure unto the end, the same shall be saved.

14And this gospel of the kingdom shall be preached in all the world for a witness unto all nations; and then shall the end come.

15When ye therefore shall see the abomination of desolation, spoken of by Daniel the prophet, stand in the holy place, (whoso readeth, let him understand:)
UncleRico
Supreme Member

"Crazy, Insane?"

View Profile WWW

Ignore
« Reply #71 on: June 15, 2006, 11:42:23 PM »

He knew this day would come.

Matthew 24 /3-15

3And as he sat upon the mount of Olives, the disciples came unto him privately, saying, Tell us, when shall these things be? and what shall be the sign of thy coming, and of the end of the world?

4And Jesus answered and said unto them, Take heed that no man deceive you.

5For many shall come in my name, saying, I am Christ; and shall deceive many.

6And ye shall hear of wars and rumours of wars: see that ye be not troubled: for all these things must come to pass, but the end is not yet.

7For nation shall rise against nation, and kingdom against kingdom: and there shall be famines, and pestilences, and earthquakes, in divers places.

8All these are the beginning of sorrows.

9Then shall they deliver you up to be afflicted, and shall kill you: and ye shall be hated of all nations for my name's sake.

10And then shall many be offended, and shall betray one another, and shall hate one another.

11And many false prophets shall rise, and shall deceive many.

12And because iniquity shall abound, the love of many shall wax cold.

13But he that shall endure unto the end, the same shall be saved.

14And this gospel of the kingdom shall be preached in all the world for a witness unto all nations; and then shall the end come.

15When ye therefore shall see the abomination of desolation, spoken of by Daniel the prophet, stand in the holy place, (whoso readeth, let him understand:)

That quote sounds familiar...and I know it's too long for a bumper sticker...what's it from?

UNLUCKY #13 RACING  "I want to thank my sponsors, Jack Cass Bail Bonds, The Cleveland Steamer Carpet Cleaner Company, The Rusty Trombone Pub, and Dirty Sanchez's Liquor and Check Cashing."
SWAMP_DONKEY

« Reply #72 on: June 15, 2006, 11:42:56 PM »

I do believe religion does good for some people  I just wish people would explore other idea's too, isn't great that we can have this kind of debate and not worry about being arrested or hung. A least we still have freedom of speech for now.  peace!!!!!!!!

You sure about the hangin part?? I understand there are a bunch of sheets someplace with holes in them Cheesy
blupits04
Supreme Member

View Profile WWW

Ignore
« Reply #73 on: June 15, 2006, 11:43:53 PM »

hey fish if you want to know read the book of revelations it talks about all the things in life that are happening today in the world and was wrote 2000 yrs ago.if theirs no god explain how babies are made a chemisty kit and some baby batter.if you really want to know the best way to make up your mind is just go to church one day and listen.if its not for you then gods not going to twist your arm to come back.and whoever said this topic should not have been posted on this site--your wrong you should always try to make god apart of your everyday life whether the people around you like it or not and the bible teaches you to talk about god in a open manner and not be ashamed of him.just my .02

Chuck_Norris

« Reply #74 on: June 15, 2006, 11:44:50 PM »

I have explored the other ideas, trust me when I tell you my experience was not fun.
« Last Edit: June 15, 2006, 11:47:02 PM by Chuck_Norris » Logged
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 6 7 8 9   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

Other Florida sites of interest: www.PinballShark.com