Home ATV Florida Forum ATV Florida Where to Ride? ATV Florida Links Advertise

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length

Home   Help Search Calendar Login Register  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Closest dunes to FL?  (Read 6983 times)
Old_School
Supreme Member

It ain't fast without mixed gas....

View Profile

Ignore
« on: June 07, 2006, 10:32:24 AM »

Anybody know of any? I thinking of doing a road trip. Thanks. -Mark

90' LT500R Quadzilla
Breathing fire and crushing cities

92' LT250R Quadracer
Some stuff done. 75+mph (Sold)

"When this baby hits 88 mph, you're gonna see some serious $%#!" - Christopher Lloyd
sweetrider215

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #1 on: June 07, 2006, 03:47:58 PM »

i know there are some in jacksonville but i dont know where like i think behind some strip mall lol well let me know

yamaha big bear 400 oc 4wd 05
 mud gear tires
 winch
 cargobox/seet
yamaha pw 80cc 07
yamaha wolverine 350 06
Chevy Silverado 1500 07
UncleRico
Supreme Member

"Crazy, Insane?"

View Profile WWW

Ignore
« Reply #2 on: June 07, 2006, 04:57:44 PM »

Southern Polk County has some nice sand pits on the old IMC mine property, but I'm not exactly sure how legal it is.

UNLUCKY #13 RACING  "I want to thank my sponsors, Jack Cass Bail Bonds, The Cleveland Steamer Carpet Cleaner Company, The Rusty Trombone Pub, and Dirty Sanchez's Liquor and Check Cashing."
digginfool
Supreme Member

Finally! ATVFlorida.com is here!

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #3 on: June 07, 2006, 06:05:06 PM »

Little Sahara in Oklahoma are the nearest real dunes.  Silver Dunes in southern Michigan would be about the same distance but the park is real small.  Dunes are huge, though.  Texas also has some dune riding areas.  Try checking out www.duneguide.com.  For some awesome dune videos, check out http://www.dunereview.com/videos.htm.  I'm thinking about getting some people for a trip out to Little Sahara this fall.  Keep an eye out because I'll be talking if I decide to do it.

"Peace is that brief glorious moment in history when everybody stands around reloading". --Thomas Jefferson

"When plunder becomes a way of life for a group of men living together in society, they create for themselves ... a legal system that authorizes it and a moral code that glorifies it."
sweetrider215

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #4 on: June 07, 2006, 06:23:09 PM »

well there is a place with some real nice dunes in north jacksonville near mayport but i forget the name of it though just thought i would let u know ps. lots of people with dune buggys go there

mud gear tires
 winch
 cargobox/seet
yamaha pw 80cc 07
yamaha wolverine 350 06
Chevy Silverado 1500 07
RAD 450r
Supreme Member

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #5 on: June 08, 2006, 08:22:04 PM »

I heard louisiana had some dunes, but after Katrina I dont know  Huh....Saw it in a magazine article one time

XC FTR #28C
-KFX450R, Hipers
- Silver L
Loven It
Supreme Member

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #6 on: June 09, 2006, 10:00:16 AM »

I have heard that you can ride the dunes in Kitty Hawk, NC and also that you can ride the beach in Cape Hatteras. Not sure though..I have not been able to find out anything yet. The dunes in Kitty Hawk are huge they would be fun if anyone has any info on them. We used to live in Cape Hatteras (on the Coast Guard Base) and I always want to go hang gliding off the dunes in Kitty Hawk that is how huge those dunes are. The outer banks is beautiful. Cape Hatteras Lighthouse was about 500ft out our back window!

This is a pretty good link its broken out by all states.
http://www.atvquadnews.com/article.cfm?id=32

Try this one too!
http://www.outer-banks.com/visitor-info/offroad.asp
« Last Edit: June 09, 2006, 10:16:02 AM by Loven It » Logged

99 Honda 400ex
01 Polaris Trailblazer
06 Honda 90cc
05 Kazuma 50cc

https://www.nationalmssociety.org//FLC/personal/default.asp?pa=52649935&pd=FLC0EMS120060429WWT
floydamus

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #7 on: June 09, 2006, 12:02:11 PM »

the dunes  in kitty hawk are a no no and thats a big no no  no warning or nothin straight to the  jail house and ya quad gets inpounded with   a high rate. yea i think little sahara would  be the closest to have alot  of big  dunes i might try  to go  next spring not sure yet a few guys from back home go  so im goign to try and  maybe meet them out there

05 kfx 400
hmf slip on rejeted to match it ac propegs with heal gaurds. and i plan on stage one hotcams
greenmachine
Supreme Member

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #8 on: June 09, 2006, 03:19:09 PM »

Silver Lake Dunes in Michigan. Lots of rules in all the dunes though. We used to ride a killer huge sand pit off Hwy 27 about 8 miles north of I-4(Paolo Rd). We rode it for 3 years every weekend. Never had a problem, then one day an over zealous sheriff showed up & wrote us up for tresspassing in an orange grove. We were in a 100 acre sand pit, no where near the grove, but he insinuated the tracks from some guys on dirtbikes were ours (on quads) & wrote us up, never been back. There was never a "NO TRESSPASSING" sign on the dirt road by the pit, but there was one on the next road south in the grove. Oh well we keep losing all the good spots. I know that pit is still there & we had even built a huge track out there with some great jumps & step ups on a large clay hill in the pit. I stopped in there about 5yrs ago & there was evidence of people still riding out there. It was a great "secret spot" but someone let the cat out & next thing you know there would be 15-20 people out there all the time.
« Last Edit: June 09, 2006, 03:28:30 PM by greenmachine » Logged
sweetrider215

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #9 on: June 09, 2006, 03:25:59 PM »

why dont u guys just go to the ones in northern jacksonville close to mayport ive been there they are good  they are jsut as good as the ones any where else but not quite the drive    if u guys ever go to them then let em know

mud gear tires
 winch
 cargobox/seet
yamaha pw 80cc 07
yamaha wolverine 350 06
Chevy Silverado 1500 07
svtbolt04
Supreme Member

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #10 on: June 09, 2006, 03:49:55 PM »

Somthing like this?

[attachment deleted by admin]

823 for life!

Black wheels, plastics, some shiny chrome pieces. Left over dirt from last year, handle bars.
svtbolt04
Supreme Member

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #11 on: June 09, 2006, 03:51:24 PM »

What about this?

823 for life!

Black wheels, plastics, some shiny chrome pieces. Left over dirt from last year, handle bars.
svtbolt04
Supreme Member

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #12 on: June 09, 2006, 03:51:58 PM »

Sorry, the cops shut that down.

823 for life!

digginfool
Supreme Member

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #13 on: June 09, 2006, 04:20:08 PM »

Dude, that's not dunes.  That's a sand pit.  Real dunes are 50 to 300 feet tall.  I grew up on the shores of Lake Michigan (there were no things such as quads or even monoshock suspension back then).  Now, those are real dunes.  Check the links I posted earlier in this thread and see what duning is really all about.  You'll be drooling at the mere mention of words like Glamis, Pismo, Sand Hill or Little Sahara (Ut or Ok).  By the way, I think that's a pic of me roosting at Croom.   Wink

"Peace is that brief glorious moment in history when everybody stands around reloading". --Thomas Jefferson

"When plunder becomes a way of life for a group of men living together in society, they create for themselves ... a legal system that authorizes it and a moral code that glorifies it."
svtbolt04
Supreme Member

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #14 on: June 09, 2006, 04:53:33 PM »

Last time I checked, this was florida, not the desert.

823 for life!

klutchbuster400
Supreme Member

Cuz the chicks dig it.

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #15 on: June 09, 2006, 05:05:42 PM »

so you mean somehting like this Roll Eyes

Chuck_Norris

« Reply #16 on: June 09, 2006, 05:41:13 PM »

i know there are some in jacksonville but i dont know where like i think behind some strip mall lol well let me know

Beach and southside is one area along with regency dunes but the Cops have been cracking down  on riding there lately.
sweetrider215

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #17 on: June 09, 2006, 06:58:45 PM »

jesse where are u in those dunes like where are the dunes

mud gear tires
 winch
 cargobox/seet
yamaha pw 80cc 07
yamaha wolverine 350 06
Chevy Silverado 1500 07
klutchbuster400
Supreme Member

Cuz the chicks dig it.

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #18 on: June 09, 2006, 07:39:45 PM »

jesse where are u in those dunes like where are the dunes
My front yard  Grin
sweetrider215

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #19 on: June 09, 2006, 11:07:19 PM »

lol kool

mud gear tires
 winch
 cargobox/seet
yamaha pw 80cc 07
yamaha wolverine 350 06
Chevy Silverado 1500 07
digginfool
Supreme Member

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #20 on: June 10, 2006, 12:04:30 AM »

Now you're talking!  Where were those pics taken?  Around the phosphate mines near Lakeland?  The one looks like a large pile of gravel while the other looks like mine tailings.  As far as dunes in Florida, don't exist, not in the real sense of the word.  Those little piles around Ft Walton and Navarre are not really dunes.  Maybe some of the hills around Zephyrhills might qualify if they're bare.  BTW, svtbolt, the thread is titled "Closest Dunes To Florida" not "Closest Dunes In Florida."  Learn to read.
« Last Edit: June 10, 2006, 08:18:19 AM by digginfool » Logged

klutchbuster400
Supreme Member

Cuz the chicks dig it.

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #21 on: June 10, 2006, 12:08:44 AM »

Now you're talking!  Where were those pics taken?  Around the phosphate mines near Lakeland?   The one looks like a large pile of gravel while the other looks like mine tailings.  As far as dunes in Florida, don't exist, not in the real sense of the word.  Those little piles around Ft Walton and Navarre are not really dunes.  Maybe some of the hills around Zephyrhills might qualify if they're bare.  BTW, the thread is titled "Closest Dunes To Florida" not "Closest Dunes In Florida."  Learn to read.
No, it technacailly is my front yard Roll Eyes
Hialeah Tongue

But yes, mine tailings Wink
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

Other Florida sites of interest: www.PinballShark.com