Home ATV Florida Forum ATV Florida Where to Ride? ATV Florida Links Advertise

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length

Home   Help Search Calendar Login Register  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: anyone riding at suburban?  (Read 5378 times)
mudhawg

Finally! ATVFlorida.com is here!

View Profile

Ignore
« on: June 06, 2006, 03:30:01 PM »

heard they was cracking down on people that wasnt suposed to be there,anyone know,just wondering whats been going on out there?

700 sportsman 30inchmudlites tech4 exhaust,lift kit,clutch kit,dobeck control box
nm2t

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #1 on: June 07, 2006, 06:26:30 AM »

They have made an all out war against non land owners.The sherriff is therre to stay so warn your freinds
Mudslinger17

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #2 on: June 07, 2006, 02:01:26 PM »

They got it closed to non landowners,are arresting traspassers. I got turned back at the gate after I rode for almost 3 hrs. to get there. Spoiled the whole weekend. It's hard to find places to ride anymore other than Croome. Does anyone know if I can get a snorel for my Yamaha Big bear 400?
bigbear

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #3 on: June 07, 2006, 08:29:15 PM »

Hey they stop all non land-owner and checks keys at SE , Iwent too Scottsmore or 5a  not so bad. Next weekend GILCHRIST fl alot of land in emerld farms to ride. Gary atv Shop in brevard would have ya a snoke kit.
Mudslinger17

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #4 on: June 07, 2006, 10:56:13 PM »

Thanks, I apreciate that..rains will be coming soon.
Fox17
Supreme Member

Go Gators!!

View Profile WWW

Ignore
« Reply #5 on: June 08, 2006, 12:26:45 AM »

we havent been there in a while. were goin saturday. we own land Grin Grin.!! its not too much money for land out there if anyone is selling. you can go in with 4 people and split the cost for 1.25 acres. thats what we did. it was 2000 for like .30 acres or somethin like that. its hard to find land though. if i see any ill let u no. Wink
howard

Finally, ATVFlorida.com is here!

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #6 on: June 12, 2006, 04:18:53 PM »

I heard they arrested 15 people out there and if they get caught again they will take your bikes and truck also they are there a lot they raised a lot of money to do this
atvfun67

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #7 on: June 15, 2006, 11:16:48 AM »

we havent been there in a while. were goin saturday. we own land Grin Grin.!! its not too much money for land out there if anyone is selling. you can go in with 4 people and split the cost for 1.25 acres. thats what we did. it was 2000 for like .30 acres or somethin like that. its hard to find land though. if i see any ill let u no. Wink

Actually, not cheap any more.  Too many "day-riders" trashing the place.  A Swamp/Key lot (1.25ac which is the smallest you can buy) will run you $5-7k or more.  But again, very few people want to sell, especially to "day-riders" who are not interested in building a camp and taking an interest in the place rather than tearing up the parking lot and leaving trash everywhere.
cheropride
Supreme Member

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #8 on: June 15, 2006, 11:29:49 AM »

You know you can't blame anyone but the fools that tear up places like this.  I have heard there have been alot of issues with riders coming in & tearing the place up.  Think about it, if you had a camp out there and you work long & hard at, then one weekend some fool comes and tears the place up, how would you feel.  I don't understand why some people want to be so disrespectful to property.  Not too long ago we were at the Prairie where friends have property (your not suppose ride there either unless you have property), we rode down center line road to 3 mile (where everyone rides) and on Sunday, this place was destroyed.  Trash everywhere.  What are people thinking?  If you are going to ride, don't trash the place.  When we ride we ride w/seats or something that we can put our empty containers in, it is only fair, and no bottles. 

But I really think that this is the main reason that there are less and less places to ride.  Also the reason that we have a bad rap, a few bad people make it bad for everyone else.  We all must do our part to keep where we ride nice, and why would anyone want to destroy someone's stuff, i just don't get it. 

Kawi-360 4WD/Camo
Honda 400
Polaris Ranger 700XP
atvfun67

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #9 on: June 16, 2006, 02:03:31 PM »

Also, what people don't understand is that in Suburban, there is no manditory association that charges outrageous fees so that they have tons of money to fix stuff.  The reason you are able to ride on half-way decent roads and trails is because people donate their time and money to fix the roads and trails year after year.  If everyone stopped helping out, you wouldn't get past the parking lot even in the biggest 4x4.  Don't be an idiot and blow donuts in the middle of roads and the parking lot.  There is nothing everyone hates than riding down a nice road and "dropping" into a donut hole.  Go off in the woods somewhere!  Would you do that in your driveway at home?

So the next time anyone is out there with guests, remember, this place did not magically appear in the state it is in today.  I can sit by the gate at night and tell you who does not have a camp even if I don't know them because those are the people who do NOT have a trashbag full of garbage in the back of their truck leaving.  It is impossible to go anywhere for the day and not generate garbage and it really pisses me off to see people leaving knowing that their trash was left behind.

How many people do you know were at the clean-up 2 weeks ago?  I know my group got 16 bags full just in the small space of 150ft from the gate to the parking lot.  Don't forget, especially if you have a key-lot, *everywhere* you ride, you are riding on someone else's property.  Just because you can't ride on your swamp lot doesn't mean you own the rest of the place.  When you're about to throw that bottle down, ask yourself, "If this was my front yard would I throw this here?".  If you answer "no" and take the bottle home with you, you're one-step closer (although still a ways off) from us feeling better about you.
cheropride
Supreme Member

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #10 on: June 16, 2006, 04:29:35 PM »

It's funny, some friends of mine where over last night & we got on the same subject.  I just don't understand who and why people trash places.  They were telling me the same thing is happening at the Holey Lands, don't people understand that if you leave a place trashed, you are just giving enough reason to shut us out.  I guess some people just don't care, or perhaps they do trash their own places, but have respect.  If someone comes to my house and starts trashing it, I can assure you they will never be back again.  It's just sad, because all of the people that I know that ride, would never do stuff like that and it really pisses them off when others do.

And if you are reading this and if you know someone that does trash our riding areas, just remind them that if they don't pick up after themselves, there will be no places left to ride.  I mean what do they say to themselves as they pull off and look behind at the mess that they left, I just don't get it.  I have personally seen the Prairie go from a beautiful place to a place where there is absolutely trash everywhere.  And just like at SE (Suburban Estates), where you ride is someone's private property, even in the northend.  And if you are down by the catfish hole, well that's even worse, because that's water management.  I am sure that it is just a matter of time (short time) that all ATVS and otherwise will be banned from the Prairie, and you can't blame them either.  The Sheriff is already out there like crazy and have posted signs stating that the same laws that apply to city roads, now apply to the dirt roads of the Prairie, so you have been for warned.

I think that it a great idea what SE did, because inconsiderate riders left them no choice but to protect what they have.  These places are where we go to ride, enjoy, relax and spend time w/friends and family, not to clean up someone's trash on a weekly basis. 

I am glad that we have this forum to communicate to others, that we all must do our part to keep our riding areas clean and be respectful to others.  We are all suppose to love the country so much, then lets stop destroying it.....

Kawi-360 4WD/Camo
Honda 400
Polaris Ranger 700XP
Fox17
Supreme Member

Go Gators!!

View Profile WWW

Ignore
« Reply #11 on: June 20, 2006, 10:58:31 PM »

what is so hard bout takin a trash can and putting ur trash in it! if they keep it up there will be no places toride any more.
backwoods boy
Supreme Member

REBEL MOTORSPORTS

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #12 on: July 12, 2006, 03:17:10 PM »

actually i would do donuts in my driveway lol i agree w/ pickin up your trash n showin up for pickup days [bg]

NObama08 '' nigga please its the WHITE house''
LIVE FAST-PLAY HARD-DIE LAUGHING
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

Other Florida sites of interest: www.PinballShark.com