Home ATV Florida Forum ATV Florida Where to Ride? ATV Florida Links Advertise

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length

Home   Help Search Calendar Login Register  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Wheres amarican freedom gone to?  (Read 7286 times)
bigeasy

Ride Red

View Profile

Ignore
« on: June 02, 2006, 12:52:08 PM »

Isnt this the land of the free ? i thought or families have given their lives and still do to this day for the simple pleasures in life like the right to be free and prosper. it seems like we only have the right to work hard, pay taxes and do as where told.i understand their have to be laws to give everyone freedom to enjoy whatever they want and this is very wide ranging since diffrent people enjoy diffrent things.The people with money and influence arent being told to stop boating and polutting the oceans, rich pharmasutical companies arent told to lower prices so poor poeple can get better, i can on and on but it just drives me nuts that the people that enjoy the outdoors are being treated as though where gonna destroy the planet.we cant ride here but you dont see county tax collectors stopping us from registering bikes, or for that matter they allow dealers to sell them in countys their illiegal to ride in,it all about the all mighty dollar as usual, govenment and county officials get more tax doolars to stop us than to buy land for us to ride on.if we where able to ride free they might have to cut back on the people they have hired to stop us,,,,,,,, Sorry im just pissed and venting.....

Budweiser.........  Because You Deserve What Every Individual Should Enjoy Regularly.
06 rincon 680 FI   (me)
05 rincon 650      (wife)
05 250 EX           (daughters)
UncleRico
Supreme Member

"Crazy, Insane?"

View Profile WWW

Ignore
« Reply #1 on: June 02, 2006, 01:51:09 PM »

OFFICIAL NOTIFICATION FROM THE HIGHER UPS...

Your American Freedom has been outsourced to India...

please press one to speak to an account representative.

UNLUCKY #13 RACING  "I want to thank my sponsors, Jack Cass Bail Bonds, The Cleveland Steamer Carpet Cleaner Company, The Rusty Trombone Pub, and Dirty Sanchez's Liquor and Check Cashing."
bigeasy

Ride Red

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #2 on: June 02, 2006, 01:59:24 PM »

dear Uncle Rico im so happy to hear that your financial status has removed you from feeling the affects that so many of us avredge working people face day to day, please remember us little people when your political prouse reaches world wide recognition.

Regards, the little folks. Grin

Budweiser.........  Because You Deserve What Every Individual Should Enjoy Regularly.
06 rincon 680 FI   (me)
UncleRico
Supreme Member

"Crazy, Insane?"

View Profile WWW

Ignore
« Reply #3 on: June 02, 2006, 02:07:33 PM »

Brother....

I feel your pain...

Every time I fill up my Stretch Hummer with 101 octane.

UNLUCKY #13 RACING  "I want to thank my sponsors, Jack Cass Bail Bonds, The Cleveland Steamer Carpet Cleaner Company, The Rusty Trombone Pub, and Dirty Sanchez's Liquor and Check Cashing."
bigeasy

Ride Red

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #4 on: June 02, 2006, 02:34:00 PM »

I bet, sounds like your realy hurting.

06 rincon 680 FI   (me)
rednipj

Just Hanging Around

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #5 on: June 02, 2006, 04:39:39 PM »

Answer is simple.  LAWYERS.  We as americans have the freedom to sue for every little freakin thing.  A woman in California has just won a 2 million dollar lawsuit because a match making service didn't set her up with the man she was looking for,  'a single millionare'.  The real upsetting part about this is, she has a history of sueing for this reason.  She won the same lawsuit a couple of years ago with a different company.  She LOOOVVVEEESS her freedoms.
UncleRico
Supreme Member

"Crazy, Insane?"

View Profile WWW

Ignore
« Reply #6 on: June 02, 2006, 10:19:43 PM »

Do you have her MATCHMAKER screen name, because I'm looking to set myself up with a woman who just won 2 million dollars.

Dan

Finally! ATVFlorida.com is here!

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #7 on: June 02, 2006, 11:49:42 PM »

The lawyer problem can easily be solved - it's called "loser pays" if you file a ridiculous law suit, you pay all of the court cost for both parties if you lose.  You would see an end to people suing McDonalds because their too fat!  As far as your freedom - vote and support the Libertarian party.
MachineDog
Supreme Member

Ride Red!

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #8 on: June 03, 2006, 02:14:37 AM »

The lawyer problem can easily be solved - it's called "loser pays" if you file a ridiculous law suit, you pay all of the court cost for both parties if you lose.  You would see an end to people suing McDonalds because their too fat!  As far as your freedom - vote and support the Libertarian party.

Alot of the time the person making the rediculous lawsuit wins.. including the guy who sued because a sesame seed broke his tooth.

http://img284.imageshack.us/img284/4291/p517000123ek.jpg
06 Rancher 350 4x4 - K&N, 1.5" Snorkel, 26" Mudbugs.
Spot Reserved for Big Bore.
http://www.flickr.com/photos/machinedogtag/ - Click to see our pics.
bigeasy

Ride Red

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #9 on: June 03, 2006, 10:21:56 AM »

heres a messed up stat for you...    70 percent of the worlds attorneys are in the USA.  attorneys should have to pay court fees if they lose law suites that they represent, that would slow that crap down .

06 rincon 680 FI   (me)
UncleRico
Supreme Member

"Crazy, Insane?"

View Profile WWW

Ignore
« Reply #10 on: June 05, 2006, 07:49:01 AM »

heres a messed up stat for you...    70 percent of the worlds attorneys are in the USA.  attorneys should have to pay court fees if they lose law suites that they represent, that would slow that crap down .

What's even scarier.....

In 2006 there were more people enrolled in law school than there were lawyers in the U.S.

So I don't expect the problem to be getting any better.

rednipj

Just Hanging Around

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #11 on: June 05, 2006, 08:34:23 AM »

Here is another one for you.  A guy riding a bicycle was riding at night wearing all black with no helmet was hit by a car.  He sued the bicycle company because there wasn't anything stated anywhere on the bike or booklet saying he souldn't do the thing he was doing and won millions.  That's why we have all those labels ugling up our bikes, atvs, personal watercraft.  So many sue happy people.
MIKE D

swamp-n

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #12 on: June 05, 2006, 08:53:55 AM »

What about the women who put her new motor home on cruiz control,thought it was auto pilot and went to make a snack.She got a new motorhome and a few million for her stupidity.I guess I am too smart to make any easy money Cry
MIKE

03 honda rincon 650 4x4
98 foreman 450 es 4x4
05 yamaha fx cruiser HO waverunner
Raptor660R

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #13 on: June 05, 2006, 09:38:35 AM »

This actually happened to my friends Grandma in my home town of lovely Houston, TX. A man tried to break into her home by breaking a window and entering through the window, he ended up getting sliced up pretty bad and took her to court. I don't know all the details, but i know he won something, not dure if he got medical bills paid or what but he won. If that happened to me, I would go to jail because i think i would beat the crap out of them for sueing me for something so stupid.

02' Raptor 660R
CT Racing Full Exhaust System & Jet Kit
UNI Air Filter
Maxxis Razr 2's
rednipj

Just Hanging Around

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #14 on: June 05, 2006, 10:04:44 AM »

yet another one.  Somewhere on the east coast of florida, some of you might of heard of this, about 10 to 15 years ago a cop was trying to detain a suspect, the suspect pulled out a knife and stabbed the cop.  When he stabbed the cop he let go of the knife and left it in him.  The cop pulled out his gun and shot and killed him.  The cop had to have about 10 feet of intestines removed and can no longer be on road patrol. The suspect was an illegal alien, his family came over, sued the cop and the county for millions and won.  They said the cops first priority was to seek medical attention at that point, not to stop the suspect.  If I would have seen him the next week I would of shot him. Angry  That is one instance the cop should have changed the story a little.  "he stabbed me, and I blew him off the knife." period.
scarabsport

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #15 on: June 05, 2006, 10:57:13 AM »

Before you get rid of all the lawyers keep in mind there is a direct correlation between the number of lawyers in a society and the number of personal freedoms people enjoy.   Libya, Iraq, Korea, Sudan, China....no lawyers/no freedoms.  If the leaders want your house, your wife or anything else they just take it.  If you protest you get a bullet in the head.  America, England, Germany etc., lots of lawyers and the most freedom of any other countries in the world.

Also keep in mind these stupid verdicts come from the juries which consist of people off the street, it is not the lawyers or judges that are giving some of these stupid numbers.

Lastly remember many of those storis are anecdotes, they are not the norm but are stories blown out of proportion by the media.

Now, the media, that's another story.

rednipj

Just Hanging Around

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #16 on: June 05, 2006, 11:01:51 AM »

one name "O.J. Simpson", now I'm done.
sblaw

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #17 on: June 05, 2006, 12:53:49 PM »

by the way it is "AMERICAN"   
bigeasy

Ride Red

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #18 on: June 06, 2006, 12:46:07 PM »

sblaw thanks for the correction of spelling sorry about that, and scarabsport are you an attorny? i dont beleive we have freedoms due to lawyers i beleive we have lawyers due to the freedom we do have, their is a diffrence. if this country all the sudden became communist i dont think the lawyers could help us much.

06 rincon 680 FI   (me)
bigeasy

Ride Red

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #19 on: June 06, 2006, 12:48:59 PM »

oh , and by the way if im wrong, maybe we should send our surplus of lawyers to Iraq and bring our soldiers home.

06 rincon 680 FI   (me)
Alba450
Supreme Member

When in doubt lock em' up!

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #20 on: June 06, 2006, 06:10:21 PM »

Well if Americans were in the White House this BS wouldn't be going on.  But hey one day us Americans wil wake up and burn them SOB's Evil

Thanks to my Sponsors at.....

***OMF Performance***
***Liquid Performance***
***Fasst Flexx Handlebars***
***Laeger's Racing***
***AMSOIL Racing***
***VORTEX Racing***
***PowerMadd Handgaurds***

"Your mom? Yeah I know her. She took more shots in the mouth than Stallone in Rocky III"
scarabsport

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #21 on: June 08, 2006, 07:44:17 PM »

How did Bigeasy's rant  (understandable) about lack of places to ride ended up sending all the lawyers to Iraq?

I submit to you the reason there are fewer and fewer places to ride has nothing to do with rich people, lawyers, Bush, or OJ but has everything to do with a small percentage of ATVers spoiling it for everyone else.
It was pathetic how much garbage I saw last time out at Rottenberger/ Holeylands and it was everywhere you see ATV tracks.   

Same thing at River Ranch, a few bikers made it so bad now nobody can ride dirt bikes at RR.

I see this stuff go on every time I ride.  I see ATVers argue with the FWC guys who try to nicely explain don't burn anything you want but don't burn pallets because the nails left over give everyone flats.   

Its a minority but we all pay for it and when there is absolutely no place left to ride I can tell you exactly who to blame...those few among us who do this stuff.   
bigeasy

Ride Red

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #22 on: June 08, 2006, 08:48:46 PM »

Scarabsport thank you for bringing this back to a realistic level, sorry for the ranting. you are very right in what you said.

06 rincon 680 FI   (me)
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

Other Florida sites of interest: www.PinballShark.com