Home ATV Florida Forum ATV Florida Where to Ride? ATV Florida Links Advertise

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length

Home   Help Search Calendar Login Register  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Sand Mountain Speedway Rumor...  (Read 3851 times)
Alba450
Supreme Member

When in doubt lock em' up!

View Profile

Ignore
« on: May 27, 2006, 03:30:38 AM »

I heard that Sand Mountain was closed for good.  but I cant really beleive that it's closed down Huh  Did they close down just for the HOT summer months or did they really close down Huh

Thanks to my Sponsors at.....

***OMF Performance***
***Liquid Performance***
***Fasst Flexx Handlebars***
***Laeger's Racing***
***AMSOIL Racing***
***VORTEX Racing***
***PowerMadd Handgaurds***

"Your mom? Yeah I know her. She took more shots in the mouth than Stallone in Rocky III"
UncleRico
Supreme Member

"Crazy, Insane?"

View Profile WWW

Ignore
« Reply #1 on: May 27, 2006, 07:16:31 AM »

Alba:

I read in the Lakeland Ledger that Sand Mountain was being FORCED to close in this FREE country of ours, due to ZONING VIOLATIONS.

Code enforcement is trying to extort $150.00 per day out of the owners, (only when government extorts money it's called a FINE).

Apparently, in all it's wisdom, the polk county government has decided that it's not zoned for racetrack use, and apparently WANTS sand mountain to give them money to re-zone it.

Why is it that the GOVERNMENT is always messing it up for the rest of us?

I wish someone knew the code enforcement agents email.

We could rally behind sand mountain, and give them support.

I understand the family who ran sand mountain were really good people.

UNLUCKY #13 RACING  "I want to thank my sponsors, Jack Cass Bail Bonds, The Cleveland Steamer Carpet Cleaner Company, The Rusty Trombone Pub, and Dirty Sanchez's Liquor and Check Cashing."
Ida_Mann
Supreme Member

Location: There may be times when we are powerless to prevent injustice, but there must never be a time when we fail to protest.

I own and wear a purple sombrero

View Profile WWW

Ignore
« Reply #2 on: May 27, 2006, 09:08:41 AM »

I think a lawyer needs to get involved.

someone familiar with the law and zoning regulations.

Id@

Id@ M@nn

www.facebook.com/IdaShotMe
'99 Honda 400EX ATP'd (quietly making noise)
'02 Honda Foreman Rubicon
'00 Honda TRX90
8 X 20 Enclosed hauler/camper
"Show me a smooth operation and I'll show you someone who is hiding mistakes, real boats rock."
Hondarider22

« Reply #3 on: May 27, 2006, 11:49:45 AM »

i heard from yamaha350r who somehow knows the owner siad they will be closed until october  Huh
#74 crf250r

When The Gate Drops The Nonsense Stops

View Profile WWW

Ignore
« Reply #4 on: May 27, 2006, 12:52:45 PM »

I was at the FTR mx race may14, and at the riders meeting the announcer metioned that it was the last day sand mt would be open untill they go to court and get everything settled. Didnt say how long or anything, but I hope they open back up soon.

http://i52.photobucket.com/albums/g6/curtis74/justinsutterercopywq6.jpg
www.curtissienkomx.com
Thanks to my sponsors at:          
ASV
O'Neal
Scott Goggles
Liquid Performance
Decal Works
Kenda Tires
IMS
M2R Helmets
SixSixOne
Factory Backing
Renthal
RK C
Ride1Rob
Supreme Member

YFZ 450!!!

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #5 on: May 27, 2006, 01:05:10 PM »

It's all about $ guys. Rico was dead on with his post. But that's how America is run from the White House all the way down to the local government  Undecided  . It's amazing that land such as SM is useless b/c of the phosphate digging done there but it needs money to be rezoned for off road vehicle usage.

If it'll run... I'm ridin'!!!
Alba450
Supreme Member

When in doubt lock em' up!

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #6 on: May 27, 2006, 03:10:25 PM »

It's all about $ guys. Rico was dead on with his post. But that's how America is run from the White House all the way down to the local government  Undecided  . It's amazing that land such as SM is useless b/c of the phosphate digging done there but it needs money to be rezoned for off road vehicle usage.

Guys this is such BS Angry  I can't believe that WE us AMERICANS pay TAXES and we still get screwed by our OWN country Angry

Man I hope the SM family can defeat the local government and keep it open. 

Thanks to my Sponsors at.....

***OMF Performance***
***Liquid Performance***
***Fasst Flexx Handlebars***
***Laeger's Racing***
***AMSOIL Racing***
***VORTEX Racing***
***PowerMadd Handgaurds***

"Your mom? Yeah I know her. She took more shots in the mouth than Stallone in Rocky III"
wheelie_boy
Supreme Member

Its Fast

View Profile WWW

Ignore
« Reply #7 on: May 28, 2006, 07:46:05 PM »

i guess sandmountain is just gonna have to move to st lucie county Smiley

05 kx 250f
RTR_380/450R
Supreme Member

The older I get..........

View Profile WWW

Ignore
« Reply #8 on: May 28, 2006, 09:51:16 PM »

I spoke at the last public hearing on Sand Mountains issue.  It really has nothing to do with what the "Government" started or is trying to do.   It really started with the surrounding neighbors of Sand Mountain complaining of violations of noise ordinance.  Mostly from elder individuals who view us the same way that someone would stereotype a bunch of skateboarders terrorizing a mall!  They dont understand what we are doing.  But, anyway,  they "claim" that the noise is a nuisance and hinderance to their lifestyles and that they cant even sit outside and have a conversation without having to speak loudly at each other to talk!  Which is the biggest load of crap Ive ever heard!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!  Anybody who has been to SM will tell you that the bikes are loud but not enough to go over the hills, through the woods, across the "Really busy, semi truck travelling" highway, to Grandmothers house.  The truth is that the neighbors are selling their surrounding properties to an individual that is going to develop the land with a housing community and views the Track as a nuisance and hinderance to his future financial gain!!!!!  As he said at the meeting, "Who will want to buy a house or move in next to a noisy, annoying speedway"!?  That is when we realized that there was a higher motive!!!!  Only then was the "Government" involved, and only then was it brought to light that there may be code violations!  Which is what the "complaining bass turds" used to try to get SM shut down! I know this is a freaking "RANT" but IM DONE NOW!  Im going to go get me an ice cream sandwich and go to bed!
jt

RTR PERFORMANCE ENGINES
Specializing in FAST RELIABLE Horspower!!
rtrperformanceengines.com
Dr.Dirt
Supreme Member

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #9 on: May 28, 2006, 10:38:08 PM »

There goes another riding spot. Why don't they just do the next step and ban all ATV's from being rode in Florida? I think Its gonna be the next step, and its not to far around the corner either...Oh well, I guess they would rather see kids on the street doing drugs than having fun with their familys and friends. I'm so sick of all the BS that we get for trying to ride, I don't even think its worth the trouble of careing anymore.
bigsteve

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #10 on: May 30, 2006, 05:11:46 AM »

Build more homes & condos = more money in taxes. Lot more than the track would pay. I think somebody is getting their palm greased. Maybe it's the county commissiners to change zoning.  Evil

"IT'S OK TO BE CRAZY! JUST DON'T LET IT DRIVE YOU INSANE!
04 CRF 80
05 LTZ 250
05 KFX 100
05 KFX700 (You know GREEN is faster so don't ask!)
03 Mojave
04 CRF 250
07 RMZ 250
05 DRZ 400
tony pitts
Supreme Member

Life's short, ride hard.

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #11 on: May 30, 2006, 06:49:58 AM »

sand mountain was a great orv park. its sad to know that some developer can by a piece of property somewhere and then try to tell people what than can and cant do around them.I have lived in north florida for almost 42 years now ive watched every spot to ride ,my favorite swimming hole, the only places to hunt disapear.... for the good of developers now what used to take 5 minutes to do takes 30. thanks to thousands of people that have moved here.now instead of the way it used to be it is there way now this place is turning into hell and as soon as i can i am outta here. to get the kinda freedom we like we will have to move to montana or somewhere like it........

Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

Other Florida sites of interest: www.PinballShark.com