Home ATV Florida Forum ATV Florida Where to Ride? ATV Florida Links Advertise

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length

Home   Help Search Calendar Login Register  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: the holyland road jump  (Read 4513 times)
klutchbuster400
Supreme Member

Cuz the chicks dig it.

View Profile

Ignore
« on: May 24, 2006, 09:32:37 PM »

hey, i may be heading out to the holylands for my second time this sunday, and i just got elkas for the z, but want to ride where my dad can ride also( his warrior is poopoo for the track) so obviously i want to get some air time in and see what these shocks can do, my first time to the holylands i was still on the warrior, and remember a bunch of people jumping that road jump, and everyone loved it, they thought of it as an attraction!!!! But like i said i was still on the warrior, and that was a little more then a year ago, are people looked down upon for jumping the street? I have read some stuff about people getting in trouble, i just wanna ride and not tick people off, so would i be doing that if me and my friends jumped the street jump? or should we just stay to the mudholes?
Toomey
Supreme Member

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #1 on: May 24, 2006, 09:35:06 PM »

The part where you jump is really rounded off, you don't seem to get much air out of it like there used to be, when it had more of a lip on it.  But if you go fast enough, you'll get some air.  And 90% of the people there are on 4X4's, so you will probably be looked down upon for jumping and kicking up dirt, but I say if that's why you're gonna go, at least jump it a few times!

Looking for a junker dirt bike project.
klutchbuster400
Supreme Member

Cuz the chicks dig it.

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #2 on: May 24, 2006, 09:39:03 PM »

The part where you jump is really rounded off, you don't seem to get much air out of it like there used to be, when it had more of a lip on it.  But if you go fast enough, you'll get some air.  And 90% of the people there are on 4X4's, so you will probably be looked down upon for jumping and kicking up dirt, but I say if that's why you're gonna go, at least jump it a few times!
well im not going just for that, if i would i would go to 8th street, they have a few more jumps. besides, i havent really took the z muddin yet, puttin the warrior dirt devils on the stock rims tomorrow Evil
DZ 350
Supreme Member

Lift Your Truck, Fat Chicks Cant Jump

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #3 on: May 24, 2006, 09:52:49 PM »

that isn't even a jump, i call it a bump because like mario said its rounded off, but on the south side were the trails are there are little rocky roads that is sorta like a really small table top u can hit those going fast and ride fast trails, its pretty fun  Grin

-05 raptor Alot of Stuff done to it ( FOR SALE !!!!! )

-98' CHEVY 4X4 SILVERADO W/ TO MUCH TO LIST !

-2007 RINCON 680 4X4 W/ WARN BUMPER, HMF PIPE, AND 26" OUTLAWS

-1987 Jeep Wrangler On 44" tractor Tires ( For Sale )

-2001 F-150 on 9" lift 36" TSL's (For Sale)
klutchbuster400
Supreme Member

Cuz the chicks dig it.

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #4 on: May 24, 2006, 10:23:30 PM »

that isn't even a jump, i call it a bump because like mario said its rounded off, but on the south side were the trails are there are little rocky roads that is sorta like a really small table top u can hit those going fast and ride fast trails, its pretty fun  Grin
oh, so it really is rounded off that bad? like i said i havent been their in over a year, last time their were some quads getting good ari off it...
digginfool
Supreme Member

Finally! ATVFlorida.com is here!

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #5 on: May 24, 2006, 10:32:55 PM »

Jumping the road by the bridge killed a young man back in March, I believe.  May have been in February.  If the Rangers are there, you will get a ticket.  It is a very bad idea because the south side of the road is where most people park and those people are moving around.  You can't see from one side to another and you could end up in a really bad situation in a hurry.  Not only that, but you can't see what's coming across the bridge, either.  Yes.  You will be looked down upon by all who are out there.  Keep the fast riding where it belongs; out on the trails.  It is exactly this type of behavior that costs us our riding areas.

"Peace is that brief glorious moment in history when everybody stands around reloading". --Thomas Jefferson

"When plunder becomes a way of life for a group of men living together in society, they create for themselves ... a legal system that authorizes it and a moral code that glorifies it."
klutchbuster400
Supreme Member

Cuz the chicks dig it.

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #6 on: May 24, 2006, 10:37:01 PM »

Jumping the road by the bridge killed a young man back in March, I believe.  May have been in February.  If the Rangers are there, you will get a ticket.  It is a very bad idea because the south side of the road is where most people park and those people are moving around.  You can't see from one side to another and you could end up in a really bad situation in a hurry.  Not only that, but you can't see what's coming across the bridge, either.  Yes.  You will be looked down upon by all who are out there.  Keep the fast riding where it belongs; out on the trails.  It is exactly this type of behavior that costs us our riding areas.
yes, thats exactly why i asked first, i dont want to be the bad apple who f's it up for everyone!!!! i know their is a 25 mph speed limit on the dirtroad, but its ok to go fast in the trials below right?
FIVE-O

YEAH.YEAH.YEAH.

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #7 on: May 24, 2006, 10:48:35 PM »

A BIG+1. I was there with my 3 boys that day, when we saw Air Rescue land on the levee. We were heading back to the truck and saw the crowd around the young man with someone administering CPR. It was very sad. It would also help if the folks that ride through that area quit doing burn outs and donuts right there. It's already dusty enough without all that crap.     

klutchbuster400
Supreme Member

Cuz the chicks dig it.

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #8 on: May 24, 2006, 11:00:47 PM »

for anyone who was recently their, do you think its good enough for a couple sport quads?
MachineDog
Supreme Member

Ride Red!

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #9 on: May 25, 2006, 12:14:39 AM »

I'd say for sports the trails will be the funnest part. It's pretty dry out there right now. BTW, I'll find out if we can get out there and meet you guys there.

http://img284.imageshack.us/img284/4291/p517000123ek.jpg
06 Rancher 350 4x4 - K&N, 1.5" Snorkel, 26" Mudbugs.
Spot Reserved for Big Bore.
http://www.flickr.com/photos/machinedogtag/ - Click to see our pics.
Jellie400

Finally! ATVFlorida.com is here!

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #10 on: May 25, 2006, 12:23:38 AM »

me and my buddy were out there 2 weeks ago with 2 raptors, its dry out there now, yeah we had a great time, you call fly thru the trails, but yeah not a good idea to jump there by the bridge, you will get a ticket,
klutchbuster400
Supreme Member

Cuz the chicks dig it.

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #11 on: May 25, 2006, 06:41:34 AM »

ok thanks for all the info guys, ehy machine dog it would be awesome if we could meet up at the holey lands!
gery350
Supreme Member

no guts, no glory

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #12 on: May 25, 2006, 09:10:09 AM »

yeah you can count on us(klutchbuster) not dong something as stupid as jumping the levy. i cant believe he even asked that. he should no better.

quick question is there ANYWHERE else to park besides the "donut" hole.

which side is better for sports-north or south. thanks. Grin

hey this is klutchbuster350, me and rl400*mostly rl400* made my dad this sig. now lets see how long it takes him to notice lol
hey while im here...........klutchbuster rules!!!!!!
http://i6.photobucket.com/albums/y235/klutchbuster350/gery350_3.gif
klutchbuster400
Supreme Member

Cuz the chicks dig it.

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #13 on: May 25, 2006, 09:50:25 AM »

yeah you can count on us(klutchbuster) not dong something as stupid as jumping the levy. i cant believe he even asked that. he should no better.

quick question is there ANYWHERE else to park besides the "donut" hole.

which side is better for sports-north or south. thanks. Grin
geesh i just wanted to know what was available to me pop lol.
dont forget to swap the tires today ad leave the sprocket tool thing-a-ma-bob so i can change it.
MachineDog
Supreme Member

Ride Red!

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #14 on: May 25, 2006, 10:28:08 AM »

Really there isn't anywhere else to park unfortunately. Anywhere else I'd be worried of someone trashing the truck and no one'd be there to stop em'. :/ And really, sports should stick to the south. But they can head to the north if they wanted. The water is great, nice and cool when it's frigging hundred degrees out there.

gery350
Supreme Member

no guts, no glory

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #15 on: May 25, 2006, 10:38:16 AM »

how do you get to the south side?

hey this is klutchbuster350, me and rl400*mostly rl400* made my dad this sig. now lets see how long it takes him to notice lol
hey while im here...........klutchbuster rules!!!!!!
http://i6.photobucket.com/albums/y235/klutchbuster350/gery350_3.gif
MachineDog
Supreme Member

Ride Red!

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #16 on: May 25, 2006, 10:57:33 AM »

From the parking lot.. it's on the south side. I'm talking about the trails behind the mud pit. Also we can't go on sunday which stinks, only saturday if we were going to go. Sunday my dads working.

Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

Other Florida sites of interest: www.PinballShark.com