Home ATV Florida Forum ATV Florida Where to Ride? ATV Florida Links Advertise

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length

Home   Help Search Calendar Login Register  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Steel Bridge  (Read 9357 times)
mistercorbin

Finally! ATVFlorida.com is here!

View Profile

Ignore
« on: May 07, 2006, 02:19:27 PM »

Anybody here used to ride out at the "Steel Bridge"??
rubicon500kid
Supreme Member

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #1 on: May 07, 2006, 02:24:00 PM »

iv ridin out there a few times
do u know a way to get around where they blocked it off to get to the other side of the bridge ?

DROP & DESTROY
87 s10 2/3 soon to be bagged
85 honda 110 atc(22" bearclaws & snorkeld)
01 kx 125 (pc pipe,tag bar's,pro racing rear rim,some lil other stuff
I hate it when you microwave something, then you start eating it, and it's cold in the middle...makes me wanna punch a
mistercorbin

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #2 on: May 07, 2006, 02:43:03 PM »

No honestly I dont..I havnt been out there in 5 or 6 years when I used to ride 3 wheelers..I just baught a new ATV ( Bomb 800.. ) and took it out to the hump the day I got it...Then went to L-Cross two weekends ago and it got all busted up..long story. Anyways it is in the shop now hopefully I get it this week. If I DO, ill be at the humps this weekend
Southern4x4
Supreme Member

Turn off them blinkers to save blinker fluid.

View Profile WWW

Ignore
« Reply #3 on: May 07, 2006, 02:52:47 PM »

we used to go there all the time but since they blocked it off we sont wanna risk it

[><]Southern by the grace of God[><]
rubicon500kid
Supreme Member

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #4 on: May 07, 2006, 03:15:12 PM »

yea the humps is fun but will soon be  gone the cops are out there this weekdn but they did the same thing in july and they didnt go the fallowing weeknd so it should be good next weekend

DROP & DESTROY
I hate it when you microwave something, then you start eating it, and it's cold in the middle...makes me wanna punch a
mistercorbin

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #5 on: May 07, 2006, 03:53:53 PM »

Man that sucks. What did the cops do when they got out there? Ive heard rumors of bikes getting impounded, people getting warning tickets.

I remember a few times out at the steel bridge people were getting armed at gun point for thier bikes..Also some guy was found dead out there in a truck with a gunshot to the head.
ds650kid

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #6 on: May 07, 2006, 04:39:37 PM »

i live otu by the steel bridge, abotu 5 miles away and theres nto much to do otu there since you cant get to the other side. Also the ag-patrol cops are getting strict out in the redland ive been stopped twice in the last month and was todl if i get caught again there impounding my biek and taking my dad to jail. Its still a fun place to hang otu though.

2004 ds650
lte dual full system
k&n direct mount air filter
rejetted

2002 300ex
procircuit t-4 slip on
k&n air filter
primary drive 14t front sprocket
jetted
mistercorbin

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #7 on: May 07, 2006, 04:50:21 PM »

Yea it seems like slowly but surely our places to ride are going away..Time to move out to Cali and hit the dunes or something...They cant build on those =P
Southern4x4
Supreme Member

View Profile WWW

Ignore
« Reply #8 on: May 07, 2006, 06:53:13 PM »

Man that sucks. What did the cops do when they got out there? Ive heard rumors of bikes getting impounded, people getting warning tickets.

I remember a few times out at the steel bridge people were getting armed at gun point for thier bikes..Also some guy was found dead out there in a truck with a gunshot to the head.
when did this happen?

mistercorbin

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #9 on: May 07, 2006, 07:09:55 PM »

It had to be 6 or 7 years ago if I remember correctly.
Southern4x4
Supreme Member

View Profile WWW

Ignore
« Reply #10 on: May 07, 2006, 07:29:11 PM »

It had to be 6 or 7 years ago if I remember correctly.
o isnt that before they had the blocks up omg thats about the time i started riding out there hmm weird i never heard about it.....then yet i was like 6 Cheesy

mistercorbin

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #11 on: May 07, 2006, 07:36:08 PM »

Yea I was like 15 or something..I almost want to say that it was some kids that I know who found the guy and freaked out and went home and told his mother...But I dont know if my brain is making that up or what haha..Ill have to ask my parents..
Bigscrb15
Supreme Member

I'm a Florida Mud Rider

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #12 on: May 10, 2006, 05:26:57 PM »

I don't understand how you can go to an illegal place to ride and plan it around when the cops will be there and then complain that ATV'ers get a bad name. It's idiots like ya'll that are giving us a bad name and making people mad by riding in illegal lands. Then you ask in a public forum how to get around a blocked off area??

"When once you have tasted flight, you will forever walk the earth with your eyes turned skyward, for there you have been, and there you will always long to return."
rubicon500kid
Supreme Member

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #13 on: May 10, 2006, 07:20:47 PM »

cuz its the only place we can ride nere us i cant travel 2 + hours each time i ride

DROP & DESTROY
Southern4x4
Supreme Member

View Profile WWW

Ignore
« Reply #14 on: May 10, 2006, 07:31:23 PM »

I don't understand how you can go to an illegal place to ride and plan it around when the cops will be there and then complain that ATV'ers get a bad name. It's idiots like ya'll that are giving us a bad name and making people mad by riding in illegal lands. Then you ask in a public forum how to get around a blocked off area??
look 6-7 years ago it wasnt ileagle ive perosnally quit riding out here in the redlands so i AINT a idiot Angry

mistercorbin

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #15 on: May 11, 2006, 07:53:14 AM »

Exactly, when I used to ride out there it wasnt illegal. It is now so I dont, I was just curious as to how many people actually know about this place on the forum.
Southern4x4
Supreme Member

View Profile WWW

Ignore
« Reply #16 on: May 11, 2006, 08:01:16 AM »

Exactly, when I used to ride out there it wasnt illegal. It is now so I dont, I was just curious as to how many people actually know about this place on the forum.
have you ever been to the levve/big hill?its supposedly illeagle so i dont wanna ride there but it was fun back in the day.On friday nights wed all meet on the big hill and go riding all over!SIGH i miss them good ole days Undecided
« Last Edit: May 11, 2006, 05:06:38 PM by Southern4x4 » Logged

Bigscrb15
Supreme Member

I'm a Florida Mud Rider

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #17 on: May 11, 2006, 08:57:27 PM »

If you don't ride there then I wasn't reffering to you. I am talking about people that do ride out there so don't let your little feelings get hurt. A lot of places were legal 6-7 years ago and now they aren't we just have to deal with it and have our rally's and keep calling our political representitives.

"When once you have tasted flight, you will forever walk the earth with your eyes turned skyward, for there you have been, and there you will always long to return."
backwoods boy
Supreme Member

REBEL MOTORSPORTS

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #18 on: May 11, 2006, 09:13:51 PM »

it's only illegal if you get caught  Evil + lay off man how + where you ride is your business no hard feelings r anything but theres people that break the law in every sport sammy sosa 4 example Cheesy
« Last Edit: May 11, 2006, 09:21:40 PM by southern boy » Logged

NObama08 '' nigga please its the WHITE house''
LIVE FAST-PLAY HARD-DIE LAUGHING
Bigscrb15
Supreme Member

I'm a Florida Mud Rider

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #19 on: May 11, 2006, 09:23:24 PM »

it's only illegal if you get caught  Evil + lay off man how + where you ride is your business so backoff bro'

I won't backoff. Its because of people like you that we are losing land. They think they are better than everyone and the law doesn't apply to them. If you would just drive you lazy butt to a legal riding spot you wouldn't have to worry about cops and no one could complain. I hope the next time you ride there you get caught and have your bike impounded. This website gets about 62,000 visitors a month. A lot of them are looking for riding spots so we don't need to be posting illegal ones.

Fox17
Supreme Member

Go Gators!!

View Profile WWW

Ignore
« Reply #20 on: May 11, 2006, 10:43:39 PM »

I agree 100% with bigscrub15. its people riding in illegal places that gives us bad names and loses our riding privileges. find a legal place and go there. its you illegal riding peoples fault that the places are diminishing.
backwoods boy
Supreme Member

REBEL MOTORSPORTS

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #21 on: May 12, 2006, 11:01:54 PM »

i didn't go riding illegally till they closed every place in the county down i'd rather pay a $75 ticket gettin caught 1 outta 10 x than pay $50 [like i'm doin tomorrow bg ] every time i go send me $50 each time i go an i might consider it but until then ...   BTW it's the drunk people ridin irresponsibly n dumpin trash out there thats closin us down  maybe if we started havin some pickup days we could show people that some of us are responsible n i didn't mean to tick ya off man
« Last Edit: May 12, 2006, 11:08:18 PM by southern boy » Logged

NObama08 '' nigga please its the WHITE house''
LIVE FAST-PLAY HARD-DIE LAUGHING
Fox17
Supreme Member

Go Gators!!

View Profile WWW

Ignore
« Reply #22 on: May 12, 2006, 11:50:06 PM »

well schedule one. its illegal to go pick up trash though cause of some idiots!!!
Fox17
Supreme Member

Go Gators!!

View Profile WWW

Ignore
« Reply #23 on: May 12, 2006, 11:50:52 PM »

we would probably get tickets for it as stupid as some cops are(some cops are cool though).
the/4/horsemen

life is so beautiful when riding

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #24 on: May 13, 2006, 12:51:10 PM »

it's only illegal if you get caught  Evil + lay off man how + where you ride is your business so backoff bro'

I won't backoff. Its because of people like you that we are losing land. They think they are better than everyone and the law doesn't apply to them. If you would just drive you lazy butt to a legal riding spot you wouldn't have to worry about cops and no one could complain. I hope the next time you ride there you get caught and have your bike impounded. This website gets about 62,000 visitors a month. A lot of them are looking for riding spots so we don't need to be posting illegal ones.
i totally agree wit ya  Drive

2006 roketa 250 water colled (mine) 2005suzuki king quad 700 snorkel,winch,rims,tires (mybrothers)
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

Other Florida sites of interest: www.PinballShark.com