Home ATV Florida Forum ATV Florida Where to Ride? ATV Florida Links Advertise

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length

Home   Help Search Calendar Login Register  
Pages: [1] 2 3   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: BELVEDERE RD AND JOG, IN WEST PALM BEACH  (Read 28265 times)
Restip13

Finally! ATVFlorida.com is here!

View Profile

Ignore
« on: May 05, 2006, 11:40:33 AM »

WHATS THE DEAL?Huh IS IT SAFE TO RIDE THERE OR WHAT.I WENT BY THERE 2 TIMES, AND THERE ARE PEOPLE RIDING THERE.DIRT BIKES AND ATVS.

06, DODGE RAM 1500,MEGA CAB.HEMI 06,YAMAHA RHINO SP ED.660.
TRX450R_Racer
Retired Racer
Supreme Member

**** Frank **** **FF&J Racing**

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #1 on: May 05, 2006, 01:10:02 PM »

If you go there you are risking getting a ticket. that place has been off limits for about a year to a year and a half.

Member of South East Florida Trail Riders

Life's to short, wear a helmet.
Dress for the crash, not for the ride.
Ripped off by Brandon George.
Restip13

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #2 on: May 05, 2006, 02:34:09 PM »

thanks,i didnt now for sure.i see them parking in the rear,by parkway.

bluesman
Supreme Member

03 ds650baja/03kfx 400/ 03kfx 450

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #3 on: May 05, 2006, 03:03:13 PM »

AND THE COUNTY MOUNTY IS READING THIS!!!!!!!

HI PBSO ATV 4      JUST PM PEOPLE GUYS WAKE UP
LTR450 994

let's go ride

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #4 on: May 05, 2006, 03:39:35 PM »

it's not like they didnt know already, if there not busting balls right now it's cause they have more important things to do.
leadsled

Finally, ATVFlorida.com is here!

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #5 on: May 05, 2006, 06:43:16 PM »

Yeah last time i was there the sheriff showed up, but one of the deputies told me he could careless what we do, he said it all depends which sergent is on duty, so sometimes you get lucky out there and some times you get busted.
PBSO_ATV_Deputy_4

PBSO Agricultural Crimes Detective

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #6 on: May 05, 2006, 09:06:26 PM »

Yes, it's best to avoid this area. Enforcement is not consistant, as some of you have found out, however, you roll the dice each time you go. Meanwhile, a new location will have consistant enforcement : Wellington. My unit was just tasked to patrol the area south of the Wellington Mall, and the powerlines that run near the old Binks Golf Course. PLEASE AVOID THIS AREA and spread the word. The enforcement is based on numerous complaints in both areas. I will be placing a seperate post for this.
Killdmycobra

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #7 on: May 06, 2006, 11:04:49 AM »

Yes, it's best to avoid this area. Enforcement is not consistant, as some of you have found out, however, you roll the dice each time you go. Meanwhile, a new location will have consistant enforcement : Wellington. My unit was just tasked to patrol the area south of the Wellington Mall, and the powerlines that run near the old Binks Golf Course. PLEASE AVOID THIS AREA and spread the word. The enforcement is based on numerous complaints in both areas. I will be placing a seperate post for this.

So where do you suggest people ride?  I do not ride in Palm Beach, but i know that there is no where to ride in Palm Beach legally.  It seems that law enforcement cares nothing for the riders, but only for the old Jew Bag New Yorkers that complain about everything.  No wonder everyone hates cops.  You would think that PBSO would be interested in keeping people off the streets by appeasing the riders and providing some riding areas sponsored by the county.  Seems like that takes effort on PBSO's part, which means it won't get done.  Cops no longer serve the people, they punish the people.

Jeff
Restip13

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #8 on: May 06, 2006, 11:26:53 AM »

i didnt mean to start any trouble,with the cops, or the riders.just looking to ride my atvs, with my son,and my club the wpb off-road yankees.so when i saw what was going on over at belvedere and jog,i just wanted to know if it was cool to go there.i guess not.yes we need a place to ride in west palm beach,but where.dont tell me holy land. thats far.looking to rent or lease,land to ride on.we as riders need to get togeither,and do something about this.we all need a place to ride.get involved,and do something about this.i am in.

digginfool
Supreme Member

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #9 on: May 07, 2006, 07:50:51 PM »

Hey Cobra,

C'mon.  Do you really believe law enforcement officers have nothing better to do than go around harassing ATV riders?  They go where the complaints are.  And if you read ANY ATV forum you will see a couple recurring themes; we are losing our riding areas.  Take a look at some of the recurring complaints; trash, riding on private property, tearing up personal property, injuring/killing ourselves.  Government does not want to legislate nor enforce common sense but if we continue to make a nuisance of ourselves, that's what will continue to happen until every last piece of real estate we ride on is gone.  You may not be the guilty ones; but you can be proactive.  If you see someone acting like an idiot, say something about it.  Be diplomatic but don't turn a blind eye.  Think about what you do yourself.  Do you ride two up?  I personally don't see a particular problem with it.  Only when you're riding 60 MPH, two up, no helmets trying to pop wheelies and jump everything in sight.  You've got to think about the consequences.  If you see trash laying around while you're riding your favorite chunk of real estate, pick it up and take it with you.  You are helping yourself.  And most of all, don't be guilty of the stupidity yourself.

"Peace is that brief glorious moment in history when everybody stands around reloading". --Thomas Jefferson

"When plunder becomes a way of life for a group of men living together in society, they create for themselves ... a legal system that authorizes it and a moral code that glorifies it."
Restip13

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #10 on: May 07, 2006, 10:32:03 PM »

hey, diggingfool.you hit it rite on the head!!!there are to many atv riders out there,making it hard for us to ride.you and your family are welcome to join the w.p.b. off-road YANKEES,anytime to ride.

PBSO_ATV_Deputy_4

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #11 on: May 07, 2006, 11:01:46 PM »

Killdmycobra/Jeff,
Based on your refences to other people and your belief law enforcement is the problem, makes it appear you are part of the problem, not the solution. You represent the sport poorly, as this public website is viewed by most law enforcement agencies of this state, environmentalists, politicians, and the general public. It's not law enforcements job to provide riding areas. That fight is between the voters and those they put in office. Our's is to provide public safety for all......I agree, my job would be 10 times easier if every county had an OHV park, however, there will always be that 10% who think only of themselves, regardless if there are riding areas nearby or not, and ruin it for everyone else. Palm Beach County fell victim to developement. Unfortunately, this area is not conducive to off-roading. Unless you own property, there is simply nowhere legal to ride, with the exception of the Holey Land and Rotenberger WMAs.
« Last Edit: May 07, 2006, 11:20:03 PM by PBSO_ATV_Deputy_4 » Logged
TRX450R_Racer
Retired Racer
Supreme Member

**** Frank **** **FF&J Racing**

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #12 on: May 08, 2006, 09:57:24 AM »

I  think your painting all pbso/law enforcement with a pretty broad brush.I  know  PBSO-4  personally, my family has known him and his family since i was in elementary school .I dont believe youll find a more sympathetic officer to this problem.he roDE dirt bikes just like us all for years,he knows this sucks (no where to ride).But its his job to enforce the law , if he doesnt they will get someone  else who does . I think you should look at it from his prospective and you wouldnt be so jaded. BY THE WAY PBSO-4 I THOUGHT YOU MIGHT STOP BY AND CHECK OUT THE BRUTE FORCE(SEE WHAT YOUR MISSING RIDING THAT YAMADOG!!!)
I agree with you. PBSO 4 wishes we had a place to ride as bad as we do. He wishes he could ride for fun like we do not to enforce the laws that are being broken by the people who are complaining. I don't know him personally but I know his brother. They are good people who want the best for us and the area. That is why he does what he does. I think everyones agression should be pointed in another direction.

Member of South East Florida Trail Riders

Life's to short, wear a helmet.
Dress for the crash, not for the ride.
Ripped off by Brandon George.
gery350
Supreme Member

no guts, no glory

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #13 on: May 08, 2006, 10:03:55 AM »

i appreciate PBSO's input. he clarifies alot of issues.

as far as i know he is the only government official that has the  "cojones" to reply to issues at hand on this forum.

its easy to sit back and say nothing when you are considered the enemy by some.

thanks again for all yer input. oh and if you ever see me out there i know your not gonna impound my bike, right.  Grin
« Last Edit: May 08, 2006, 10:11:27 AM by gery350 » Logged

hey this is klutchbuster350, me and rl400*mostly rl400* made my dad this sig. now lets see how long it takes him to notice lol
hey while im here...........klutchbuster rules!!!!!!
http://i6.photobucket.com/albums/y235/klutchbuster350/gery350_3.gif
Killdmycobra

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #14 on: May 08, 2006, 07:39:33 PM »

Killdmycobra/Jeff,
Based on your refences to other people and your belief law enforcement is the problem, makes it appear you are part of the problem, not the solution. You represent the sport poorly, as this public website is viewed by most law enforcement agencies of this state, environmentalists, politicians, and the general public. It's not law enforcements job to provide riding areas.

Like I said, people hate the police for a reason.
PBSO_ATV_Deputy_4

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #15 on: May 08, 2006, 09:43:33 PM »

Bluesman,
Unfortunately, we have our 10% too....And like the sport, that 10% hurts everyone.....
Killdmycobra/Jeff,
Of course, your entitled to your opinion.....What I don't think you understand is, those opposed to OHVs use websites like this to gather ammunition for their cause. You just added racism and hate to their list. Ethnic slurs and the word "hate" shouldn't be used on the website this way....This website is for promoting the preservation of riding areas, safety, fun and teamwork.
SomBch,
Thanks, yea, my Grizzly will be the only Yamaha in the unit. We're trying to decide between the BF 750 and the Rincon to replace our 3 Polaris 500 Sportsmans in Oct. We need something good in the water. I sunk the Grizzly and had to get wenched out. We've since snorkled the Grizzly, but that wouldn't have been good during a rescue. Just put XTR mudlites on it. Yea, I'll have to check out your BF soon....
TRX,
Yea, you got a free "get out of impound" card..... We asked about making Mecca Farms a county OHV park since Scripps isn't going there now. It's a perfect location!! I didn't get a reply. The voters need to address this soon before 10,000 homes are built on it.
PBSO_ATV_Deputy_4

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #16 on: May 08, 2006, 09:56:44 PM »

Gery350,
Yea, you get a free "Get out of Impound" card too......
PBSO_ATV_Deputy_4

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #17 on: May 08, 2006, 10:22:23 PM »

Yea, we have 2 Honda Foreman 500s and they have out performed our Polaris's and Yamaha in the water/mud. One has Mudlites, the other mudzillas. On the other hand, the Grizzly and Sportsman leave our Hondas in the dust as far as speed goes. Hard to beat a beltless tranny though.....
Exmx54
Supreme Member

MX rider

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #18 on: May 08, 2006, 10:43:09 PM »

I used to ride out there about 4 years ago, even then we got warnings so we stopped. It's not the police's fault, it's nobodies, you ask for land to ride on, so get together and buy some, nothing is free. The only reason Jog and Belvedere started getting trouble was when morons came out on their stolen banshee's, no helmets, running into trees, then sueing, or the large ammount of littering that went on there. The place near the Wellington mall was only in a matter of time, there are apartments surrounding the areas, same with the powerlines, no point in really riding there, nothing much to do as its like 50 feet wide, and houses on both sides of you. If you want to ride, go somewhere legal, or else the legal places will be banned too.
Killdmycobra

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #19 on: May 09, 2006, 09:40:43 AM »

Bluesman,
Unfortunately, we have our 10% too....And like the sport, that 10% hurts everyone.....
Killdmycobra/Jeff,
Of course, your entitled to your opinion.....What I don't think you understand is, those opposed to OHVs use websites like this to gather ammunition for their cause. You just added racism and hate to their list. Ethnic slurs and the word "hate" shouldn't be used on the website this way....This website is for promoting the preservation of riding areas, safety, fun and teamwork.
SomBch,
Thanks, yea, my Grizzly will be the only Yamaha in the unit. We're trying to decide between the BF 750 and the Rincon to replace our 3 Polaris 500 Sportsmans in Oct. We need something good in the water. I sunk the Grizzly and had to get wenched out. We've since snorkled the Grizzly, but that wouldn't have been good during a rescue. Just put XTR mudlites on it. Yea, I'll have to check out your BF soon....
TRX,
Yea, you got a free "get out of impound" card..... We asked about making Mecca Farms a county OHV park since Scripps isn't going there now. It's a perfect location!! I didn't get a reply. The voters need to address this soon before 10,000 homes are built on it.

Racism?? I am just stating the facts.
bluesman
Supreme Member

03 ds650baja/03kfx 400/ 03kfx 450

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #20 on: May 09, 2006, 09:51:10 AM »

I like the warning from friendly cops,,,,,, but the point iam makeing is
 if all atvers are bad then all cops are bad!!!

i see message that states some left boats or a couch out in a area
Huh??and iam guilty because i am a atver?Huh?? how did i tow a trailer full of bikes and a junk boat??? hmmmmm i agree there is alot of pigs out ther
but i think as a tax payer my money could be spent better!!! then cops on quads!!!! the next time i dial 911 sherriff and i am put on hold
ill wonder how fast they can get there on a quad??
got to love the right to have and bare arms   like the cops said you have a m4
m4 m4 m4  m4 m4 m4 m4 m4!!!
Restip13

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #21 on: May 09, 2006, 01:23:27 PM »

why are we  wasting time blameing anyone!!!!!!!!!!!!!!.lets do something about this. we all here need to join up and buy  land!!!!!!!!!!!!,and stop the B.S.

Restip13

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #22 on: May 09, 2006, 01:41:16 PM »

there has to be some kind of unbuildable land here in pbc,maybe somewhere west of 441,under the power lines,thats all wasted land.or lease land the land from pbc.there has to be a way.i new down here,and i know things are done alot different  here , then up north.

DevoCorum

Give me MUD or give me death! somebody pull me out

View Profile WWW

Ignore
« Reply #23 on: May 09, 2006, 02:14:18 PM »

SOMBICH,
  Bro, i gotta tell you that I agreed with most of what you say...don't bash cops, they're just doin there job.  and i know that land is def hard to come by (cheaply) nowadays.  But whats up with the caps locks?  That was sooo annoying! 
Dev

Mudneck
" It's a State of Mind "
Supreme Member

****FMR****

View Profile WWW

Ignore
« Reply #24 on: May 09, 2006, 03:53:08 PM »

Well guys I have been this route,Atv dep pulled me & my family over on a sunday ride off 200th,came off hard at first than talked to me person to person.Not the power trip ego asssh some of the deps are.All in all he was doing his job informing me of the law.Believe me I have the $ resources if someone were to illegally impound my quad to sue the hell out of them.Nonetheless he is out here enforcing sadly what the majority of the people want in the forms of law.Bash the politicians,mecca will never be anything but a tease to atvers.The county would rather let that get fully overgrown before they would let 1 quad ride there.Too much liability,complaints et..

Yes it sucks.People here spend to much time fighting amognst themselves rather than pulling together for a cause.I bought a toy hauler & we load up 4 quads & I take my family out to atv friendly areas every few weeks.I still ride to visit neighbors & such although I am risking a ticket I cant see firing up the f-250 to drive 2-3 blocks & go all the way around when I could be there in a minute on the quad.

Also you get idiots taughnting these deps like the idiot earlier I got blah blah see if you can catch me? DUH jerkoff just gave a description of his bike & if caught I am sure wont go away with warning.Its all how you treat these deps.I was sent home with warning 8 miles from my house could been worse.

I do believe the old boat issue & car & couches are illegal dumpers.like the whoops out off calamondin it is sickning to see the trash dumped out on side.I would confront call & probally detain by knocking out the ashhole who I catch.You can leave it in front of my house trash to pick up that simple!That is why these guys have ATV's,and now since they are geared up for it thats why when complaints come in they use there TOOLS. What about theft recovery,narcotics,pot fields.I think there are many other purposes fort these deps besides messing with us...Just my .03 cent.I have tried rallying proteset e-mail etc..

These sites are 60% kids 30% nuts 10% true enthusiasts that actually give a crap!!!!!

Pages: [1] 2 3   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

Other Florida sites of interest: www.PinballShark.com