Home ATV Florida Forum ATV Florida Where to Ride? ATV Florida Links Advertise

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length

Home   Help Search Calendar Login Register  
Pages: [1] 2  All   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Whoops at croom  (Read 23783 times)
cain73
Supreme Member

View Profile

Ignore
« on: January 09, 2005, 08:20:58 AM »

This seems to be a hot topic of debate so here's the poll to see how everyone feels. I had a suggestion to service the trails and remove whoops in the corners and make some of the others a little smaller to make them resemble a track. This would still keep riding slow enough to be safe, but more enjoyable to most. Some have recommended a group effort to privately fix the trails on a 1 time basis to improve Croom. Cost and effort would be minimal with enough people. Please vote to let your opinion be known along with any suggestions.

floridaatv.com come join the fun
400exRacer77

# 71

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #1 on: January 09, 2005, 05:07:56 PM »

they dont need to mess with them, if you dont know how to ride then get a 4x4 and ride slow all day. whoops are practice bumps for us MXer's

2000-03 CRF450EX ..... Houser +3 LT a-arms and +1.25 swingarm, Custom Axis fully adjustable suspension front and rear, Walsh radiator, Douglas wheels, CRF450 motor, not quite done yet though......
atvtrailer
Supreme Member

Finally, ATVFlorida.com is here!

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #2 on: January 09, 2005, 05:17:41 PM »

the woops only slow down the quads, because the dirtbikes go just as fast over woops trails as they do on the flat trails.

05 450r #13B
400exRacer77

# 71

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #3 on: January 09, 2005, 05:19:18 PM »

who said quads dont go fast on whoops. GET IT RAG BRRAAAPPPPPPPPP!!!!!!!!!   i love whoops

2000-03 CRF450EX ..... Houser +3 LT a-arms and +1.25 swingarm, Custom Axis fully adjustable suspension front and rear, Walsh radiator, Douglas wheels, CRF450 motor, not quite done yet though......
atvtrailer
Supreme Member

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #4 on: January 09, 2005, 05:28:58 PM »

na im talkin about the woops at croom on the narrow trails, if u go fast on them on a quad u will hit a tree

05 450r #13B
400exRacer77

# 71

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #5 on: January 09, 2005, 05:29:45 PM »

true but some of them u can haul A$$ on. its fun

atvtrailer
Supreme Member

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #6 on: January 09, 2005, 05:34:56 PM »

ya i kno, i go when im able to but some of the trails are just wide enough for a quad so if u are goin fast and u dont get it exact goin through the trees then u gonna mess up your bike and yourself, dirtbikes arent as wide

05 450r #13B
Thrasher
Supreme Member

i have a headache...

View Profile WWW

Ignore
« Reply #7 on: January 09, 2005, 07:21:25 PM »

whoops.
the main reason I try to go elsewhere besides Croom for my riding fix.

2 x 2003 Polaris Sportsman 600 Twins, w/Warn 3000/2500 winches, k&n filter, handguards, Kimpex Deluxe seat/storage,  Kimpex front box, WayBackRacks fuel rack. Mud Lites, 27" Outlaws, Mud chunks, a lil tin can Cheesy

Out to pis
PaulyV500

Ride on!!!!!

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #8 on: January 10, 2005, 02:20:34 PM »

If you are riding a 4x4 the whoops really suck,  that's exactly why I haven't been to croom in over a year and a half.

2006 Bombardier Outlander 800 XT advantage timber
2007 Can AM Outlander 500 Max Red
2006 Can AM Outlander 400 Advantage Timber
Mickey Mouse ATV
mod81

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #9 on: January 10, 2005, 06:14:40 PM »

400exracer,i'm with ya aint no dirt bike gonna out do me at croom,i'm 50in wide and can fly through the trees and whoops...atvtrailer from the looks of the wheels on your quad youd better slow down a little Smiley
yamadooski
Supreme Member

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #10 on: January 10, 2005, 06:19:53 PM »

I myself like them for practice in XC racing. You need to adjust your rear shock and maybe the fronts too if you think you will hit a tree.
« Last Edit: January 10, 2005, 06:20:49 PM by yamadooski » Logged

Obamma smells and if you voted for him you are a COMMY #$$$hole
mod81

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #11 on: January 10, 2005, 06:42:02 PM »

well to be truthful i did almost hit a tree last time iwas at croom,i got behind this blonde with a tight pair of jeans leaving the front pit..well you know,i kinda lost site of the trail Grin
400exRacer77

# 71

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #12 on: January 11, 2005, 09:51:49 AM »

hahaha gotta love croom sometimes. thats what i was tryin to get at with atvtrailer im 50" too and it dont bother me NONE. just hold on and stab the gas

dreth

« Reply #13 on: January 12, 2005, 03:22:51 PM »

i know more people than this ride at croom or have riddin there
dreth

« Reply #14 on: January 14, 2005, 10:53:31 AM »

ONLY 38 PEOPLE ride at croom? come on
ZRIDER

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #15 on: January 14, 2005, 11:13:08 AM »

Leave them alone.  If they were to fix them they would probably try to raise the cost of our permits to justify the work.  I love the whoops at Croom.  I know a lot of people hate them.  But not me Wink
400exRacer77

# 71

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #16 on: January 14, 2005, 08:56:24 PM »

Leave them alone.  If they were to fix them they would probably try to raise the cost of our permits to justify the work.  I love the whoops at Croom.  I know a lot of people hate them.  But not me Wink

I APPROVE THIS MESSAGE

Suzuki_Outlaw

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #17 on: January 15, 2005, 03:47:20 AM »

Well i am a regular croom rider and CAMPER..My family enjoys croom very much..My 2 cents if you dont like the whoops stay away makes it easier for me to find a camping spot for my hauler.....GEORGE...
Da_Mtg_Man
extraordinaire
Supreme Member

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #18 on: January 15, 2005, 06:18:33 AM »

Well i am a regular croom rider and CAMPER..My family enjoys croom very much..My 2 cents if you dont like the whoops stay away makes it easier for me to find a camping spot for my hauler.....GEORGE...

lol.... Good point.
Good to see you on line George, It's been awhile. I hope all is well.

Mike

FLORIDA MUD RIDER
gc1008

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #19 on: January 15, 2005, 12:43:26 PM »

it's amazing everyone that dislikes the whoops doesn't  ride at croom that often or at all...We go there a lot and had a huge flame with dreth's earlier post about everyone crying. Glad to see most people that posted at least think the same.  I think most who don't like croom don't leave the main trails. We rode for 5 hours today and they were  only bad going in and coming out of the parking and with all the rain most have washed down. I suggest to get off the internet and go ride you might find out you were wrong all along Grin .( just go during the week).
Hot_Dog

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #20 on: January 16, 2005, 06:07:34 PM »

GC1008 why don't you start your own negative attitude,pro whoop,dictator run post of your own..You know what bothers me are those stupid pine trees and those stupid pine needles every where.Croom would be alot better with out all those trees in the way and I'm doing my best to knock them all down. Cry

I may be last ,but I look good !
Suzuki_Outlaw

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #21 on: January 17, 2005, 12:33:53 PM »

Too bad hot doggie   the trees are winning i here    ...lol   j/k     GEORGE
1Scorpion
Contributing Member

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #22 on: January 17, 2005, 02:05:35 PM »

Almost all my riding is done at Croom on a 4x4 I say leave the whoops alone and  learn to ride! We all ride ATV'S (all terrain vechiles) not just smooth trail vechiles. I love riding there everything you can ask for is there. Mud,Sand,Hills,open pits,etc. Just stand up and ride over the whoops or take the smaller trails less whoops. Croom is for everyone!!!!!
gc1008

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #23 on: January 17, 2005, 03:05:46 PM »

hey hotdog he hasn't called me a dictator here yet and this post proves how much people hate the whoops Grin If we're getting rid of things I say the fox squirrles, they are chock full of bad mojo. oh yeah nice dent smart @ss Grin
dreth

« Reply #24 on: January 17, 2005, 04:32:39 PM »

what goes around comes around
Pages: [1] 2  All   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

Other Florida sites of interest: www.PinballShark.com