Home ATV Florida Forum ATV Florida Where to Ride? ATV Florida Links Advertise

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length

Home   Help Search Calendar Login Register  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Humps...  (Read 8882 times)
Josh Boyd

« on: April 17, 2006, 03:16:52 PM »

I keep hearing people talk about a place called humps, where is it and what type of place is it.  Is it a track or a trail, and do you pay to go there?  any info is helpful.
Toomey
Supreme Member

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #1 on: April 17, 2006, 07:32:36 PM »

I keep hearing people talk about a place called humps, where is it and what type of place is it.  Is it a track or a trail, and do you pay to go there?  any info is helpful.

It's just trails basically.  I think it's muddy most of the time, but I think till summer starts it should be rideable for the sport guys.  It's in Homestead right off of Cardsound Road, I think preety much right before you start heading into the Keys.  It's free too, just some riding unofficial riding spot.  Search around the picture section for old threads with pics of the Humps and you'll get an idea.  It'd probably be good to meet up with some people or something your first time.

Looking for a junker dirt bike project.
rubicon500kid
Supreme Member

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #2 on: April 17, 2006, 08:10:14 PM »

i go out to the humps all the time and it a bunch of stuff out there dirt roads,mud pits, when its dry therer is sum trails sum lil hills jumps ect...
now u cans till ride a sport during summer out there u just got to know where to ride  there is a few difrent ways to get there theres off cardsound
and behind the race track,and there is a few more  down cardsound
there is alot of picsjust look around

DROP & DESTROY
87 s10 2/3 soon to be bagged
85 honda 110 atc(22" bearclaws & snorkeld)
01 kx 125 (pc pipe,tag bar's,pro racing rear rim,some lil other stuff
I hate it when you microwave something, then you start eating it, and it's cold in the middle...makes me wanna punch a
the/4/horsemen

life is so beautiful when riding

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #3 on: May 08, 2006, 03:07:38 PM »

Angry we are having a problem at the humps stupid people are comercial dumping and that has to stop if you see a person dumping stuff get there tag and discription and report that a$$ hole to the police please. me and my brother have caught a person doing it back there and for that the humps might get closed down

2006 roketa 250 water colled (mine) 2005suzuki king quad 700 snorkel,winch,rims,tires (mybrothers)
bigeasy

Ride Red

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #4 on: May 09, 2006, 04:40:24 PM »

You guys are killing with this , it is called the hump not humps, sorry i know this is dumb but dang theirs only one hill and thats why for the past, well since i was old enough to walk weve called it the HUMP!!!!!!!!!!!!!
and by the way its a small area and the more poeple know about it and the more people show up the sooner it will be shut down. it is just a locals spot that cant handle the strain of hundreds of riders every weekend. please if you go be respectfull and dont trash the place.some of the younger locals can get drunk and hot headed so be polite and courtious of others. We might be just dumb rednecks down here in homestead but it is in our back yard!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Budweiser.........  Because You Deserve What Every Individual Should Enjoy Regularly.
06 rincon 680 FI   (me)
05 rincon 650      (wife)
05 250 EX           (daughters)
Southern4x4
Supreme Member

Turn off them blinkers to save blinker fluid.

View Profile WWW

Ignore
« Reply #5 on: May 09, 2006, 07:25:06 PM »

YES THANK YOU PLEASE PEOPLE BE CONSIDERATE WITH THE SPEEDING UP AND DOWN THE MAIN ROAD AND DONT TRASH THE PLACE
« Last Edit: May 12, 2006, 04:48:38 PM by Southern4x4 » Logged

[><]Southern by the grace of God[><]
Fox17
Supreme Member

Go Gators!!

View Profile WWW

Ignore
« Reply #6 on: May 11, 2006, 10:48:00 PM »

Angry we are having a problem at the humps stupid people are comercial dumping and that has to stop if you see a person dumping stuff get there tag and discription and report that a$$ hole to the police please. me and my brother have caught a person doing it back there and for that the humps might get closed down

just shoot them. Wink
digginfool
Supreme Member

Finally! ATVFlorida.com is here!

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #7 on: May 12, 2006, 09:42:58 AM »

Hey, just because it's in your 'backyard' doesn't make it your turf.  Hell, Holeylands is in my backyard.  How 'bout we don't want you Homestead rednecks up here riding it?  Keep it real, man.  The problem is the people that are dumping, littering, getting drunk and fighting or hurting themselves.  Don't blame it on somebody who is just trying to find a spot to ride.  Almost every time I go to my house in Tavernier some jackass on a Banshee is blasting across US1 and heading down Card Sound.  Obviously a local and THAT is what is going to close the place down.  Quite frankly, I don't know why anybody would want to drive down there to ride anyways.  It's not all that great of a place.
« Last Edit: May 12, 2006, 08:48:21 PM by digginfool » Logged

"Peace is that brief glorious moment in history when everybody stands around reloading". --Thomas Jefferson

"When plunder becomes a way of life for a group of men living together in society, they create for themselves ... a legal system that authorizes it and a moral code that glorifies it."
Joedirt
Supreme Member

I am a FloridaMud Rider

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #8 on: May 12, 2006, 10:46:22 AM »

HA HA...Be respectful to the locals cause they get drunk and hot headed?...lol...what silly thing to say , people never cease to amaze me. Roll Eyes

2005 Vinson 4x4
2003 Big Bear 4x4
2001 Prarie 4x4
1987 Dirty Dakota Mud truck on 35 inch Boggers
digginfool
Supreme Member

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #9 on: May 12, 2006, 12:10:23 PM »

Man, ain't that the truth.  I wish it hurt just to look in a mirror.  Of course, sooner or later stupidity does hurt.  It's just a matter of how long it lasts, how bad it hurts and if the dumbass can remember long enough to keep from being stupid again.

"Peace is that brief glorious moment in history when everybody stands around reloading". --Thomas Jefferson

"When plunder becomes a way of life for a group of men living together in society, they create for themselves ... a legal system that authorizes it and a moral code that glorifies it."
bigeasy

Ride Red

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #10 on: May 12, 2006, 12:34:24 PM »

I'm sure glad you dont think our little riding hole is worth coming to. That means i wont have to pull your dumb ass out of a hole like the rest of the people that come here because its not worth riding either. and you can keep that shadless open prarrie in your back yard because that place is not worth riding at all, unless you like sawgrass and sun. If you live in taverneir  you have a ocean as your back yard not holly lands and the ass on the banshee is one of the ones im asking to be considerate.

Budweiser.........  Because You Deserve What Every Individual Should Enjoy Regularly.
06 rincon 680 FI   (me)
digginfool
Supreme Member

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #11 on: May 12, 2006, 02:17:50 PM »

If you opened your eyes you would be able to see that I live in Coral Springs and have a house in Tavernier.  Holeylands is in my backyard and Florida Bay is in my front.   Cool  And it suits me just fine that you don't like my backyard either.  I have been to your Hump and it is nothing to brag about.  BTW, nobody had to pull me out, either.  Bet you can't say that about Holeylands.  Anybody that has ever spent any time out there has had their butt pulled out of the mud.  For me, being able to open my Raptor up for miles on end or plowing through some of the best holes I've ever seen with my Prairie beats the crap out of that rock-strewn cesspool you guys love to call The Hump.

bigeasy

Ride Red

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #12 on: May 12, 2006, 03:23:43 PM »

So i was right ,you are one of those Jagoffs that like to run wide open and screw others out of good riding spots. have a freind who went up their and had his 7 year old daughter smacked by rocks from you great folks up their that love to run donuts around peoples rigs and run wide open passing people at 70 plus. Please feel free not to enjoy my cesspool.

06 rincon 680 FI   (me)
rubicon500kid
Supreme Member

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #13 on: May 12, 2006, 03:52:59 PM »

for me the hump is my only place i love it there and have bine out there since i was atleast 5. i cant drive all the way up to hollylands every weekend or every week day after school and homework. and im happy u dont like the hump 1 less rider craming up the place. but i do think hollylands is realy realy cool i would proble have more fun out there then the hump cuz i know the place like the back of my hand

DROP & DESTROY
87 s10 2/3 soon to be bagged
85 honda 110 atc(22" bearclaws & snorkeld)
01 kx 125 (pc pipe,tag bar's,pro racing rear rim,some lil other stuff
I hate it when you microwave something, then you start eating it, and it's cold in the middle...makes me wanna punch a
digginfool
Supreme Member

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #14 on: May 12, 2006, 03:55:34 PM »

Au contraire, my fat little Cajun boy.  My high speed riding is done in the Everglades WMA.  I've got better things to do in life than smash my skull on the rocks at the bottom of the levee or throw rocks around in the parking area.  There are idiots at every riding location I've ever been to and Holeylands is no exception (we've already determined there are jerkoffs at The Hump so don't need to hear any crap from you).  

The point that was being made is there is something for all riders out at Holeylands and it's big enough that nobody is getting in anybody else's way.  You can get out on your sport bike and run the trails at high speed, you can take your 4x4 and play in the mud or you can take your family for a leisurely tour and check out the wildlife.  We've seen deer, owls, eagles, snakes, gators and all types of birds.  I've been to both places and you can be sure you won't be seeing me at your precious little cesspool.  

bigeasy

Ride Red

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #15 on: May 12, 2006, 04:15:28 PM »

wow youve realy hurt me now Cry you mean you dont want to play in my toilet? im so gonna miss you.   

06 rincon 680 FI   (me)
Southern4x4
Supreme Member

View Profile WWW

Ignore
« Reply #16 on: May 12, 2006, 04:55:18 PM »

IVE been to both holey lands and the hump i love both spots but stupid is as stupid does and that goes for every idiot who ruins for us yall dont gotta get into a turf war like little babies gosh grow up,and this is coming from a 12 yr old HA
« Last Edit: May 12, 2006, 05:12:58 PM by Southern4x4 » Logged

Southern4x4
Supreme Member

View Profile WWW

Ignore
« Reply #17 on: May 12, 2006, 05:14:55 PM »

Hey, just because it's in your 'backyard' doesn't make it your turf.  Hell, Holeylands is in my backyard.  How 'bout we don't want you Homestead rednecks up here riding it?  Keep it real, man.  The problem is the people that are dumping, littering, getting drunk and fighting or hurting themselves.  Don't blame it on somebody who is just trying to find a spot to ride.  Almost every time I go to my house in Tavernier some jackass on a Banshee is blasting across across US1 and heading down Card Sound.  Obviously a local and THAT is what is going to close the place down.  Quite frankly, I don't know why anybody would want to drive down there to ride anyways.  It's not all that great of a place.
If you opened your eyes you would be able to see that I live in Coral Springs and have a house in Tavernier.  Holeylands is in my backyard and Florida Bay is in my front.   Cool  And it suits me just fine that you don't like my backyard either.  I have been to your Hump and it is nothing to brag about.  BTW, nobody had to pull me out, either.  Bet you can't say that about Holeylands.  Anybody that has ever spent any time out there has had their butt pulled out of the mud.  For me, being able to open my Raptor up for miles on end or plowing through some of the best holes I've ever seen with my Prairie beats the crap out of that rock-strewn cesspool you guys love to call The Hump.
im proud to be one >:(its not my back yard its like 5-10 miles from me but its one of the only local riding spots besides 2 secret ones.and both i know like that back of my hand the only reason u didnt get towed out is because u dont know where the REAL HOLES ARE
« Last Edit: May 12, 2006, 05:21:56 PM by Southern4x4 » Logged

the/4/horsemen

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #18 on: May 13, 2006, 12:22:20 PM »

I'm sure glad you dont think our little riding hole is worth coming to. That means i wont have to pull your dumb ass out of a hole like the rest of the people that come here because its not worth riding either. and you can keep that shadless open prarrie in your back yard because that place is not worth riding at all, unless you like sawgrass and sun. If you live in taverneir  you have a ocean as your back yard not holly lands and the ass on the banshee is one of the ones im asking to be considerate.
   no riding area belongs to no one (but god) and he put it here for all to share but if bigeasy thinks the hump belongs to him wait till i roll in ill do what ever i want when i want while being considerate to your space riding  is riding and $hit is going to happen it is the dumping,and the drunks that $uck everything up just take care your spot i say by the way me and my brother have picked up trash in the hump and we live far away have you!!!!! you know now that i think about it u asking for consideration you are the inconsiderate one not wanting people riding in YOUR area $uck this

2006 roketa 250 water colled (mine) 2005suzuki king quad 700 snorkel,winch,rims,tires (mybrothers)
bigeasy

Ride Red

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #19 on: May 14, 2006, 10:59:12 PM »

i never said not to ride here, i said that  everyone should be considerate. i also said to look out for hot headed kids drinking, i said it to keep people from getting into confrontations unnessesarily.some how this has gotten turned into a bitching match. well i hope you all enjoy and ride safe.but also for those of you who find it easy to talk big here where your protected by being anonimous, be nice when your stuck wherever you might be riding or you might just stay their.Have fun

06 rincon 680 FI   (me)
Southern4x4
Supreme Member

View Profile WWW

Ignore
« Reply #20 on: May 15, 2006, 07:48:28 AM »

i never said not to ride here, i said that  everyone should be considerate. i also said to look out for hot headed kids drinking, i said it to keep people from getting into confrontations unnessesarily.some how this has gotten turned into a bitching match. well i hope you all enjoy and ride safe.but also for those of you who find it easy to talk big here where your protected by being anonimous, be nice when your stuck wherever you might be riding or you might just stay their.Have fun
thank you ill double that

the/4/horsemen

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #21 on: May 15, 2006, 10:02:47 PM »

You guys are killing with this , it is called the hump not humps, sorry i know this is dumb but dang theirs only one hill and thats why for the past, well since i was old enough to walk weve called it the HUMP!!!!!!!!!!!!!
and by the way its a small area and the more poeple know about it and the more people show up the sooner it will be shut down. it is just a locals spot that cant handle the strain of hundreds of riders every weekend. please if you go be respectfull and dont trash the place.some of the younger locals can get drunk and hot headed so be polite and courtious of others. We might be just dumb rednecks down here in homestead but it is in our back yard!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
      the sentence above sums it all up just read it/and this site aint protecting $hit ill just pick up my 285 pound bike out of the mud and keep going happy trails

bigeasy

Ride Red

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #22 on: May 16, 2006, 08:24:10 AM »

sure Roll Eyes happy trails buddy Cheesy

06 rincon 680 FI   (me)
MachineDog
Supreme Member

Ride Red!

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #23 on: May 16, 2006, 12:32:46 PM »

This got way off-track. Someone was just trying to find out about The Hump. Maybe he lives down there. I've never been to the place but I hear it's small so I think I'll stick to the wide open trails at holeylands. The trails consist of alot lot LOOOT of moist soil that you can even get stuck in at times, bordered by sawgrass. So no kicking up rocks there. I don't like however when people start doing donuts in the parking lot with all the gravel there. Most of the sport riders don't do that and I respect em' for it. Just a couple idiots seem to want to ruin everyones trucks and hit people with rocks. Surprisingly enough it tends to be people on smaller bikes, and not the people smart enough to ride banschees or 700Rs. Mostly I've seen 350 Raptors, 300exs doing it. And ofcourse you'll never see a ute kicking up dirt in the parking lot, lol.

http://img284.imageshack.us/img284/4291/p517000123ek.jpg
06 Rancher 350 4x4 - K&N, 1.5" Snorkel, 26" Mudbugs.
Spot Reserved for Big Bore.
http://www.flickr.com/photos/machinedogtag/ - Click to see our pics.
mistercorbin

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #24 on: May 16, 2006, 03:43:33 PM »

And ofcourse you'll never see a ute kicking up dirt in the parking lot, lol.

Unless im there on my Bomb 800..Well, not in the parkin lot =P
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

Other Florida sites of interest: www.PinballShark.com