Home ATV Florida Forum ATV Florida Where to Ride? ATV Florida Links Advertise

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length

Home   Help Search Calendar Login Register  
Pages: [1] 2  All   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Generators  (Read 9733 times)
garym
Supreme Member

four wheeling or fishing, it always takes gas

View Profile

Ignore
« on: April 12, 2006, 04:24:14 PM »

Does anyone know if ProSource is a reliable generator??
greenmachine
Supreme Member

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #1 on: April 12, 2006, 04:40:17 PM »

One word....HONDA. I am a Honda Power Equipment dealer near Tampa, also Snapper, Husqvarna, Echo & Shindaiwa. I sell the whole line of Honda products & Briggs & Stratton generators. You can not beat the quality or reliability of a Honda. They cost more, but they last forever it seems.  I have not heard of the name "Pro Source", but like most generators, they are made by a different company than whats on the tag, kind of like Lowes selling a Troy Bilt generator, it is a Briggs & Stratton in disguise. Let me know if I can help in any way.
garym
Supreme Member

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #2 on: April 12, 2006, 04:41:39 PM »

how much for a 5000-6500 watt generator.  I need to be able to turn a a/c compressor & misc. on a trailer
SWAMP_DONKEY

« Reply #3 on: April 12, 2006, 04:45:15 PM »

Yea i am interested in a Honda 3000inverter. How much? Shocked
garym
Supreme Member

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #4 on: April 12, 2006, 04:49:57 PM »

hey green machine, I get a cut of this business, right Tongue
SWAMP_DONKEY

« Reply #5 on: April 12, 2006, 05:18:15 PM »

hey green machine, I get a cut of this business, right Tongue

after my 110% discount there is none left Tongue
Moose
Supreme Member

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #6 on: April 12, 2006, 05:26:50 PM »

I'm interested in one about 5000-6000 in size myself.

LORD, please keep your arm around my shoulder, and your hand over my mouth. Amen
Ida_Mann
Supreme Member

Location: There may be times when we are powerless to prevent injustice, but there must never be a time when we fail to protest.

I own and wear a purple sombrero

View Profile WWW

Ignore
« Reply #7 on: April 12, 2006, 06:37:23 PM »

I'll second the Honda generator comments above,,,,,you just can't beat them Honda engines.

I know Yamaha makes a good generator a while back, but I don't know if they still make them.

Id@

Id@ M@nn

www.facebook.com/IdaShotMe
'99 Honda 400EX ATP'd (quietly making noise)
'02 Honda Foreman Rubicon
'00 Honda TRX90
8 X 20 Enclosed hauler/camper
"Show me a smooth operation and I'll show you someone who is hiding mistakes, real boats rock."
Bigscrb15
Supreme Member

I'm a Florida Mud Rider

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #8 on: April 12, 2006, 06:39:19 PM »

I'll second the Honda generator comments above,,,,,you just can't beat them Honda engines.

I know Yamaha makes a good generator a while back, but I don't know if they still make them.

Id@

They still make them  http://www.yamaha-motor.com/outdoor/products/lifestylehome/home.aspx

"When once you have tasted flight, you will forever walk the earth with your eyes turned skyward, for there you have been, and there you will always long to return."
greenmachine
Supreme Member

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #9 on: April 13, 2006, 04:38:41 PM »

Honda  model EU3000 cost is $1999, EU2000 is $1079 & EU1000 is  $789.  The honda inverter generators are quiet  approx 57-59db's & make perfect sinewaves so you can run computers, fax machines, electronic equip. etc. The inverter style honda EM5000I is $3585.00, the EM7000I is $3929. I also have the industrial Honda series, less $$$ but a bit louder. The EB6500watt is $3031, the EB3800 watt is $1899. We dont ship, but if you are willing to drive to Tampa area, I may be able to do a little better on the prices. All units are sold new, assembled & serviced. All Prices Are M.S.R.P.
« Last Edit: April 13, 2006, 07:25:42 PM by greenmachine » Logged
bluesman
Supreme Member

03 ds650baja/03kfx 400/ 03kfx 450

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #10 on: April 13, 2006, 04:42:48 PM »

I THINK I HAVE A PRO SOURCE ILL CHECK WHEN I GET HOME
ANDI LOVE IT WORKS GREAT
garym
Supreme Member

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #11 on: April 13, 2006, 04:51:29 PM »

ouch on the honda prices.... Sad

I found 6500 watt prosources for $588 and 3000 watt for $288, new, not reman's... I can buy 6 prosources over time for the honda price

sorry green
« Last Edit: April 13, 2006, 04:53:37 PM by garym » Logged
big-daddy
Defender of the secret society!
Supreme Member

Home of the Brave

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #12 on: April 13, 2006, 05:03:08 PM »

The honda will last 6 times as long. Wink

I wonder if we can get Cheney to take Obama hunting?
1985 CJ7 Swamp Buggy named Swamp Thing
2001 Yamaha Wolverine 4x4
2005 Kodiak 450 4x4
2007 F150 Super Crew FX4
Proud RR and FMR member
NRA Life Time member
Bigscrb15
Supreme Member

I'm a Florida Mud Rider

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #13 on: April 13, 2006, 05:18:12 PM »

And be 6 times quieter. I never believe in spending the extra money for a generator until we got our Toy Hauler and used a good name brand genny, its worth the extra money.

"When once you have tasted flight, you will forever walk the earth with your eyes turned skyward, for there you have been, and there you will always long to return."
greenmachine
Supreme Member

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #14 on: April 13, 2006, 07:24:17 PM »

It is kind of like riding in a Cadillac compared to a Half-Trak. But hey I cant really afford one either, but peaceful sleep for you and anybody camped or living next to you, is priceless. These Honda's have a throttle control device that revs the engine only as high as it needs to for the power needed, during nights when power use is low, they run even quieter. I have heard of a generator that is big in europe that is the same technology as the honda, cant think of the name but they are yellow. They are a good product, the only problem is you must make sure the generator is designed for use in the USA & NOT Europe. They are about 40% cheaper than a Honda & from people who I have met who owned them they loved them, dealer support may be a problem, not sure.
Bigscrb15
Supreme Member

I'm a Florida Mud Rider

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #15 on: April 13, 2006, 07:39:59 PM »

greenmachine, I think you are thinking of Kipor. They are sold at a lot of RV stores and are supposedly pretty good. At our RV store I saw a 2000watt Kipor for around $750 I think.

garym
Supreme Member

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #16 on: April 14, 2006, 08:15:51 AM »

thanks for the advice fellows.  Hopefully the hush box will help if it is noisy.  I can't afford the honda (not by choice).  Looks like I am going to the low rent district.
bear7858

Finally! ATVFlorida.com is here!

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #17 on: April 15, 2006, 05:30:34 AM »

hi gary,
 i bought a generac first time hurricanes blew thru town. runs flawlessly. cranks on first pull with little effort. has a 6 gal gas tank. means u fill it up every 11-12 hrs....runnin the a/c and everything else. paid about $700 for it home depot. its rated ar 5500 with a surge limit up to 8500 watts. means it will hold a constant 5500 watt load with brief surges. during the hurrican power outages we ran a 10,000 btu window unit a/c, every lite in the house, one to 2 stove eyes, computer, tv's etc. i would even get up early morn, switch the ac off while it was cool and turn the hot water heater on. it was great havin hot showers when everyone else was complainin about cold showers.

on the other hand, my friend bought a honda 5000 watt generator. he paid about 3 times what i paid for mine. it is MUCH louder. i cant remember what size gas tank he has but he has to get up every 2 1/2 to 3 hrs and fuel it up.
it did not come on wheels so it takes 2 people to move it. he has to be very careful with what he turns on. honda rates it at 5000 watts, but manual says it will surge no more than 5000 watts. i know the same dual element hot water i have kills it deader than a hammer!!

no doubt u get what u payed for, but briggs and stratton has been makin air cooled 4 stroke motors as long as honda has.
 personally glad i didnt pay the xtra for the import.
just my .02

polaris sportsman 600
27 mudlites
moose box
warn winch
home made mud flaps
Bo322

****FMR****

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #18 on: April 15, 2006, 03:14:43 PM »

hi gary,
 i bought a generac first time hurricanes blew thru town. runs flawlessly. cranks on first pull with little effort. has a 6 gal gas tank. means u fill it up every 11-12 hrs....runnin the a/c and everything else. paid about $700 for it home depot. its rated ar 5500 with a surge limit up to 8500 watts. means it will hold a constant 5500 watt load with brief surges. during the hurrican power outages we ran a 10,000 btu window unit a/c, every lite in the house, one to 2 stove eyes, computer, tv's etc. i would even get up early morn, switch the ac off while it was cool and turn the hot water heater on. it was great havin hot showers when everyone else was complainin about cold showers.

on the other hand, my friend bought a honda 5000 watt generator. he paid about 3 times what i paid for mine. it is MUCH louder. i cant remember what size gas tank he has but he has to get up every 2 1/2 to 3 hrs and fuel it up.
it did not come on wheels so it takes 2 people to move it. he has to be very careful with what he turns on. honda rates it at 5000 watts, but manual says it will surge no more than 5000 watts. i know the same dual element hot water i have kills it deader than a hammer!!

no doubt u get what u payed for, but briggs and stratton has been makin air cooled 4 stroke motors as long as honda has.
 personally glad i didnt pay the xtra for the import.
just my .02

My hauler is scheduled to have a Generac installed within the next month. It's nice to hear it's a good generator. I wanted an Onan but the price bout blew me away. I researched the Generac and it seems to be comperable to the rest out there at a better price.

Garym, there's a bunch of folks put'n in fixed units around this area and selling off their portables with little or no time on them. I'll keep an eye out for ya.
garym
Supreme Member

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #19 on: April 17, 2006, 08:46:48 AM »

keep me posted if you find anything.  I am hoping to have one in the next several weeks.  Sam's club had 5500 watt for $599 with wheels and 10 hr run time.  I think it was branded a coleman
patterstdeer

Finally! ATVFlorida.com is here!

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #20 on: April 17, 2006, 01:33:25 PM »

I personally have two honda generators the eu1000, and eu3000. They are very reliable,very quiet and better on fuel than others I have owned. I use the eu3000 at hunt camp in Georgia running my camper with rooftop air and on 3.4 gallons of gas will run for about 17 hours.
garym
Supreme Member

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #21 on: April 17, 2006, 01:35:07 PM »

but the honda's are soooooo expensive.... Cry
greenmachine
Supreme Member

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #22 on: April 17, 2006, 09:09:46 PM »

Clean sine wave power  + ultra quiet noise level = Big $$$
Bigscrb15
Supreme Member

I'm a Florida Mud Rider

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #23 on: April 17, 2006, 09:13:21 PM »

ear muffs and surge protector = $20 added to the cost of cheap generators, lol.  garym, we have a 5500w porter cable we got from Home Depot for $700 and we are extremely happy with it.  weve had it for a couple years and it still works great, don't worry about buying a cheaper one if it suits your needs, no sense in wasitng money.

big-daddy
Defender of the secret society!
Supreme Member

Home of the Brave

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #24 on: April 17, 2006, 09:16:32 PM »

bigger is alway better...

[attachment deleted by admin]

I wonder if we can get Cheney to take Obama hunting?
1985 CJ7 Swamp Buggy named Swamp Thing
2001 Yamaha Wolverine 4x4
2005 Kodiak 450 4x4
2007 F150 Super Crew FX4
Proud RR and FMR member
NRA Life Time member
Pages: [1] 2  All   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

Other Florida sites of interest: www.PinballShark.com