Home ATV Florida Forum ATV Florida Where to Ride? ATV Florida Links Advertise

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length

Home   Help Search Calendar Login Register  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: What Bike do I get!?!?!?!  (Read 6022 times)
MAP24

Finally! ATVFlorida.com is here!

View Profile

Ignore
« on: April 11, 2006, 02:44:04 PM »

Hello and Thanks for reading!  I'm brand new to the sport of ATVing.  I'm really interested in purchasing a 4x4 ATV for hunting, mudding, and exploring.  So far what I'm interested in getting is a Polaris 500 EFI Sporstman or Bombardier Outlander 650 XT.  I want an ATV that will go thru pratically anything and hardly ever get stuck, this is the reason I'm staying away from the 700 and 800's.  I plan to buy a  winch also.  I really just want to buy a great bike now, so I don't have to spend more money in the future for a better one.  Does anyone have any recommendations or tips as to which ATV to get??  Thanks again!
yunt2ride
Supreme Member

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #1 on: April 11, 2006, 03:18:32 PM »

You will not be disappointed in the Polaris 500 HO. I have two of them and had a Polaris 325 magnum before that and very well pleased. There are other quads out there and as long as you get a name brand you will be OK

1997 Chevrolet 4WD extended cab
2005 Polaris 500HO 4X4 Hunter Edition Camo
Joedirt
Supreme Member

I am a FloridaMud Rider

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #2 on: April 11, 2006, 03:44:20 PM »

If those are the bikes you are thinking about buying  , I say get the Bombardier 650. It is a true 650CC Bike, and ATV Magazine voted it ATV of the year in ATV Magazine , If you do go Bombardier get a Front Bumper on it ASAP.

2005 Vinson 4x4
2003 Big Bear 4x4
2001 Prarie 4x4
1987 Dirty Dakota Mud truck on 35 inch Boggers
05greengriz
Supreme Member

FMR STYLE

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #3 on: April 11, 2006, 03:47:49 PM »

I have been a yamaha fan all the way, but this weekend I rode a Suzuki 700 King Quad. Let me tell you, if I don't purchase another Rhino, I will purchase a King Quad. The ride,steering,handling were superb to say the least. Take a look at the King Quad, you won't be disappointed.

07 Eiger
06 fsc 2800 weekend warrior
06 Rhino       
2005 Scardy Cat 500 4x4
2006 Acrtic Cat DVX 90
http
bigscrub79
Supreme Member

I'm a Florida Mud Rider!

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #4 on: April 11, 2006, 03:51:01 PM »

If you dont want to get stuck you may want to look at the Honda Foreman Rubicon. They seem to go through anything with the right setup. I would say that just about any bike sitting stock has a good chance of getting stuck.

yunt2ride
Supreme Member

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #5 on: April 11, 2006, 08:28:00 PM »

As bigscrub said. Any quad with stock tires has a good chance of getting stuck. Be sure to put good mud tires on it.

1997 Chevrolet 4WD extended cab
2005 Polaris 500HO 4X4 Hunter Edition Camo
wheelie_boy
Supreme Member

Its Fast

View Profile WWW

Ignore
« Reply #6 on: April 11, 2006, 09:30:42 PM »

the bomb 650 is probably a great bike.  if u get the xt package it comes with a winch, heavy duty bumpers, handguards, and more agressive tires.  my dad has the 400 and it is a great bike.

05 kx 250f
MAP24

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #7 on: April 13, 2006, 12:37:38 PM »

So I take it everyone here is leaning more towards the Bombardier Outlander.  Do you think I should get the 800 or do you think that is over kill and should just go for the 650? 

Thanks for your input!
Da_Mtg_Man
extraordinaire
Supreme Member

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #8 on: April 13, 2006, 01:34:01 PM »

That Bomb 800 is freaking sick. I saw a guy last weeknd with 29.5 Outlaws on one and it would smoke the tires.

FLORIDA MUD RIDER
MAP24

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #9 on: April 13, 2006, 02:58:30 PM »

Also going along with what I was saying before, people keep telling me to get a light bike.  The only problem is all of the 4x4's are heavy bikes unless you get a 300cc, which in my opinion is too small.  That is why I like the Bomb Outlander 800 and 650, there a respectfully light for there size class.  Is weight that important of an issue?
cycole

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #10 on: April 13, 2006, 07:05:28 PM »

I have been a yamaha fan all the way, but this weekend I rode a Suzuki 700 King Quad. Let me tell you, if I don't purchase another Rhino, I will purchase a King Quad. The ride,steering,handling were superb to say the least. Take a look at the King Quad, you won't be disappointed.

I love mine and if you want a great all around bike the KQ is it.
Please ride all you can because what others like you may not!
A lot of what you hear is personal opinion.

Cheers, CyCole

Ps. No matter what you get you will have a great time
Also be safe

2005 King Quad
2005 Eiger
Hawgin4x4
Supreme Member

Whatcha know about them Bowties!?

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #11 on: April 14, 2006, 08:35:14 PM »

We own an Bomb outlander 400 4x4, it will walk through anything...Go with the Bomb all the way...The 800 is a bad A$$ bike...

I dont disrespect anyone, If anyone disrespects me, You will be 6 ft below me.
BOOOKIE

Everybody loves the BOOOKIE !!!

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #12 on: April 16, 2006, 09:44:59 PM »

I have a Kawasaki Brute Force 750 and I love it !  It's fast, powerfull and weighs only 600 pounds which is about 200 less than most quads it's size.  I have the stock tires on it still (though I ordered new 27" mudlites on C-6 wheels) and I haven't gotten stuck yet.  And I've taken it through some thick mud.  I'm sure partly I've been lucky, and partly because of the light weight, power, independant rear suspension, and the limited slip differential for the front wheels.  Give it a look.

2006 Brute Force 750   27" Mudlites on C6 wheels
MadMudder
Supreme Member

Semper Fi

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #13 on: April 16, 2006, 11:04:31 PM »

Well, My dad owns a 2004 Polaris 500 H.O. Sportsman. Let me just say this...

- It pushes 1,000 Pounds with a full tank of gas, racks,winch and a 210 pound adult.

- The stock tires for 2004 were Carsile (dunno how 2 spell it) Badlands. Lets just say they earned the nickname Baldlands...

But it is still a great quad. It has a locking front differental and with a good set of tires would be almost unstoppable. But I would recommend one of the two bombardiers. The 800 with gas and rider weighs about 200 pounds less than a sportsman dry. Now that 800 is allot of bike. It would take a full grown man and some muscle to handle all that bike. Plus if money is a factor then you might want to think smaller. Now not to say that the 650 is slow. I mean its a 650.. I would imagine the 650 would weigh less. And im almost positive it would have almost the same ground clerance. So it is ultimatley up to you. And if you have the money and the size the 800 would be your machine. But if youre on a budget or don't feel comftorable with almost 60 hp under you, then you'll b happy on the 650.
« Last Edit: April 16, 2006, 11:06:35 PM by MadMudder » Logged

2013 BF650i 4x4
Stock; for now..
MAP24

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #14 on: April 18, 2006, 09:42:36 AM »

I've been doing a lot of research lately on bikes, including the tips and opinions all of you have given me.  I'm noticed everyone seems to favor Bombardier over any other brand, especially the 800.  I am also starting to favor the Bombardier’s also.  One huge difference I noticed is the 800 Outlander is remarkably lighter then any other ATV in its class.  At 639 lbs. it is lighter then most ATV's in its class by a little more then 125 lbs!

I was wondering if anyone had any suggestions as to which Outlander I should get?  The MAX (2 seater) is a nice option to have, but seems a little long.  Does the length make a huge difference on an ATV or is an extra 10 inches no big deal?  Also could you get the regular single seater Outlander and convert it to a 2 seater, so you don't necessarily have to go with the longer ATV?

By the way this Forum rocks!  It's like having a conversation with several hundred, experienced, knowledgeable ATV riders.  Thanks again everyone!  Grin
MadMudder
Supreme Member

Semper Fi

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #15 on: April 18, 2006, 10:43:45 PM »

Funny you should mention that. Atv television just did a test on the Outlander 800 two seater. I just watched it cause i got Tivo (hehe) They actually said that the larger one felt allot more stable. They seemed to perfer it over the regular outlander. Now, the anwser to your question about the conversion is no. I mean you can put a nice seat on the back of the normal one. But sooner or later the government is goining to make 2 up riding w/o a speclized bike illegal. The max has the second seat built in and it has footrests for the passenger. So if you plan to have a passenger allot then i would defintly go with the max. Or if the bigger bike would suit you better than get it anyway...

2013 BF650i 4x4
Stock; for now..
MAP24

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #16 on: April 19, 2006, 07:05:35 PM »

I don't mind spending the money on a bigger bike.  I'm just worried about taming the beast; touching the throttle and the 800 busting a wheely, me flying off the back, and the bike slamming into the nearest object.  Does anyone own an 800 Outlander that can tell me if this is true?
MadMudder
Supreme Member

Semper Fi

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #17 on: April 20, 2006, 04:39:22 PM »

Well its not that bad. Now if you had a V8 then.... Na but it is the most powerful atv ever made. 28% more powerful than the polaris 800 and 25% more the the Brute Force. Thats why it would be smart to get the max version. Becasue even if nobody ever rides with you then you will still have that extra bike to dull the power down to breakneck Grin

2013 BF650i 4x4
Stock; for now..
Alba450
Supreme Member

When in doubt lock em' up!

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #18 on: April 21, 2006, 07:59:40 AM »

Get the BOMB 800!! Rotax,EFI,4X4,Ect...... It's the best 4X4 OUT!!!! Cool

Thanks to my Sponsors at.....

***OMF Performance***
***Liquid Performance***
***Fasst Flexx Handlebars***
***Laeger's Racing***
***AMSOIL Racing***
***VORTEX Racing***
***PowerMadd Handgaurds***

"Your mom? Yeah I know her. She took more shots in the mouth than Stallone in Rocky III"
MAP24

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #19 on: April 21, 2006, 11:32:13 AM »

What do you guys think about getting a King Quad and deckign it out with all the bells and whistles with the money that I'd save by not buy a bomb?  Anyone have any opinions on a Suzuki King Quad 700??
MAP24

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #20 on: April 22, 2006, 05:04:08 PM »

Alright after reading everyones comments (thanks alot everyone!) and doing a lot of research, I've finally made my decision..........

I'm getting a Bomb 800 XT Grin in camo and having the shop put on skid plates from front to back!  I also may put ITP series 7 wheels with some chuncky tires.

This is a picture from the shop

Bike should be ready to pick up sometime next week.  Needless to say I feel like a kid on the night before Christmas!! STOOOOKED!!!!   Grin Cheesy

Thanks again everyone and Happy Riding!

fdatv

750 Brute Bad MoFo

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #21 on: April 23, 2006, 10:25:48 AM »

750 Brute Force Wink

Early bird gets the worm, But the second mouse get's the cheese!
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

Other Florida sites of interest: www.PinballShark.com