Home ATV Florida Forum ATV Florida Where to Ride? ATV Florida Links Advertise

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length

Home   Help Search Calendar Login Register  
Poll
Question: Is there a need for A quad only MX series in FL?  If so would you participate?
Yes - 22 (25.3%)
No - 7 (8%)
Yes, Yes I would participate - 53 (60.9%)
Yes. No I would not participate - 5 (5.7%)
Total Voters: 83

Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 5 6 7 8   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Quad Only MX Series  (Read 60250 times)
dreth

« Reply #25 on: April 12, 2006, 10:10:20 PM »

Do you guys like the MX better than TT

i like the TT better because there aren't quads flying over your back Wink 
LostCause
Supreme Member

SSQSA is coming back!

View Profile WWW

Ignore
« Reply #26 on: April 12, 2006, 10:16:37 PM »

Point of interest.

The plan is not just for MX. 

We will start with just MX and also try to incorperate flat track,TT,Drag, Hair Scrambles.  Anything that you think is possible.  But we have to have a starting point.  I know MX, so that is where we are starting.

We really want to stress family activity.

We have the ability to control our future.

www.SSQSA.net

Thanks to our sponsors: Walsh Racecraft, X-Tream Clean, Ripixx, Goon with Style, Pit Posse, Amsoil, Equalibryum, Crown Wear, Answer, MSR, AXO, Slackercross, UFO, MXRESULTZ
dreth

« Reply #27 on: April 12, 2006, 10:19:59 PM »

Point of interest.

The plan is not just for MX. 

We will start with just MX and also try to incorperate flat track,TT,Drag, Hair Scrambles.  Anything that you think is possible.  But we have to have a starting point.  I know MX, so that is where we are starting.

We really want to stress family activity.

didnt realize that was a possibility.  now i will vote Wink
Sandmountainspeedway.com

Finally, ATVFlorida.com is here!

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #28 on: April 12, 2006, 10:21:09 PM »

The reason why I ask we cant get a race quads or bikes on our MX track but the TT track has 90% quads on it very few bikes.
dreth

« Reply #29 on: April 13, 2006, 07:23:12 AM »

The reason why I ask we cant get a race quads or bikes on our MX track but the TT track has 90% quads on it very few bikes.

i think the reason for the above quote is due to your MX track being very difficult for weekend warriors and the average rider.
RTR_380/450R
Supreme Member

The older I get..........

View Profile WWW

Ignore
« Reply #30 on: April 13, 2006, 10:49:34 AM »

I have the answer to getting alot of quads at the SandMountain MX track!!

The track is huge and very technical!
Bikes can do the track easily but quads have a difficult time!  This is mostly because of the placement of jumps, the lips and landings of jumps, ruts, etc;
The average rider/racer cannot have fun without worrying about their safety and their quad's safety. 

NOW HERE IS THE SECRET!!!

W/ such a large track, you can cater to both quads and bikes!  A track could be made to have a closed off portion leaving a much more quad friendly portion(rolled lips, tabletops, smaller doubles, take out the huge step-up, etc;)
Then when the bikes run, you open up the rest of the track that is more Dirt bike style riding and doesnt have to be so "Quad Friendly"  while still having the whole track to race on!!!!!!!! Wink
It would give you an easier way to groom the Quad portion without having to spend alot of time doing it, and it would give you the ability to attract alot of quad riders that do not have to be Extremely Skilled to ride the track without getting hurt!!  A few redesigns and some good word will get tons of quads to race the track, giving you the best of both worlds!!!!

Now, why am i posting this on this thread!!  Because Sand Mountain (if done like I mentioned)  could be a host to a Quad Only MX series, making it more of a reality to kick this thing off!!! 

MAN, IM GOOD!!!! Grin  I AM SO IN LOVE W/ MYSELF!!  (opportunity for LE to say something)
« Last Edit: April 13, 2006, 10:51:51 AM by RTR_380/450R » Logged

RTR PERFORMANCE ENGINES
Specializing in FAST RELIABLE Horspower!!
rtrperformanceengines.com
Sandmountainspeedway.com

Finally, ATVFlorida.com is here!

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #31 on: April 13, 2006, 10:57:55 AM »

Good idea
LE450-RACER#77
Supreme Member

READY TO SELL ALL PARTS

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #32 on: April 13, 2006, 02:23:17 PM »

I'm not saying a word ( Mr Happy Pants ) !!!!!!!!!!    Wink

04 YFZ450 #77
Rossier Pipe
Pro Design Intake
Ported & Built By ATP
Walsh LT A Arms w/pull rod on rear
PEP LT Shocks front & rear
Walsh +1 stem
Tag T2 bars
LSR axle
LSR Front Brake Lines
Precision Stabilizer
Holeshots Front & Rear
H.E.P. Race Fender Brackets
ASV Levers
Blingstar Nerfs
mudnuri
Supreme Member

06 YFZ

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #33 on: April 13, 2006, 03:51:03 PM »

I love the way just anybody can come online here and say whatever they think. Even if it is wrong. 96dB is the sound rule for harescrambles in FTR and 98dB at the MX tracks. That is a fact.

Brian Morris
06 YFZ
FTR#108 SENIOR
Don't litter
Respect life
mud-n-ur-i
mudnuri
Supreme Member

06 YFZ

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #34 on: April 13, 2006, 04:23:55 PM »

I am the FTR Harescramble Quad rep and appreciate everything they do for quads and motorcycles alike. It is the newness of things that brings all the negativity. Can't you see past that?? Here is an opportunity like never offered before and all you need to do is show up. Everything you are asking for is already in play.
What?
The only thing holding you back from racing/riding is your pipe?
I agree, 96dB seems too low. I mean, we are only racing for one weekend out of the year in the middle of the woods. However, that isn't alawys the case these days. Our population here in Floriduh has blown up so much in the last 20 years it isn't even funny. Shoot, I bet more than half of you on here's Mommies and Daddy's are from somewhere else. So less "out in the middle of the woods" is availible to us anymore. We are a club and a proposal was made to introduce this noise limit. It passed. Who knows, maybe somebody smarter than me will make another proposal to raise the level? I don't know?
The words "Gated Community" ring anybody's bell? How many jackholes do you know in your own GC that complains about the stupidest things? Well they are the same hypocrites who don't want you to ride.
Somebody said long ago "I have seen the enemy, and the enemy is us" 8 out of 10 of my friends have loud pipes. Why I don't know. They don't even race. I couldn't get them to a race if my life depended on it. So why are we having sound issues?? Look in your mirror. Well maybe not YOUR mirror, but you know what I mean. How many of you have the same friends?
My YFZ is so fast, stock, through the woods, why would I pipe it? I could care less about racing in a straight line. Yes it gives more hp, but if everyone was compliant there would be no disadvatage. Pipe companies will change their pipes to accomodate demand.
Face it, you hate everytime a jet or airplane or helicoptor buzzes your house. You hate when some jerk comes booming past your house. Why? Not because of the paint job. Because of the sound. Sound can pi$s people off. It $ucks but it is the cold hard truth.
As for what size a kid can ride? It's not up to the host. It is now a Federal law. Under 16 years old is limited to a...? Jeez, it is so new I have to look it up again. I think it is 110cc. But it really isn't up to the host of an event. So don't get your hopes up on an organized event disreguarding this law. You must bring some proof of age for youths who want to ride a bigger machine than 110. Again, cold hard truth. Sorry.
Which brings me to the next issue. Land.
Getting it is not as easy as you think. If it is for you, please pm me so I can direct the right people to it for our upcoming Quad Only season.
Which, by the way, is having yet ANOTHER "QUAD ONLY" harescramble May 6th and 7th. You can bet there will be a fun run afterwards, too.
So what is stopping you? They will not enforce the sound rule until 1st race of next season anyway!  Shocked Come out and see what it is all about. Get tested. You might find 96dB is right around where you are at anyway. My 06 YFZ read 91.7dB and it is stock. My other friend has a SuperTrapp with all the disks, and his came in at 98.2. Some disk adjustments got him in the limit. And I thought his was loud.
So, whatever you got going on Lost Cause, I wish you luck. I will be a part of anything that promotes riding in Florida. I can't believe so many people want to ride. They want to go fast. Here is an opportunity and they just have to come. It is no pressure. You ride or race.
I tried many times to get people on this very site to participate and to help host an event. How many do you think came? NONE!
"I have seen the enemy, and the enemy is us"
« Last Edit: April 13, 2006, 04:26:07 PM by mudnuri » Logged

Brian Morris
06 YFZ
FTR#108 SENIOR
Don't litter
Respect life
mud-n-ur-i
dreth

« Reply #35 on: April 13, 2006, 04:54:38 PM »

you are GOOD Wink

I have the answer to getting alot of quads at the SandMountain MX track!!

The track is huge and very technical!
Bikes can do the track easily but quads have a difficult time!  This is mostly because of the placement of jumps, the lips and landings of jumps, ruts, etc;
The average rider/racer cannot have fun without worrying about their safety and their quad's safety. 

NOW HERE IS THE SECRET!!!

W/ such a large track, you can cater to both quads and bikes!  A track could be made to have a closed off portion leaving a much more quad friendly portion(rolled lips, tabletops, smaller doubles, take out the huge step-up, etc;)
Then when the bikes run, you open up the rest of the track that is more Dirt bike style riding and doesnt have to be so "Quad Friendly"  while still having the whole track to race on!!!!!!!! Wink
It would give you an easier way to groom the Quad portion without having to spend alot of time doing it, and it would give you the ability to attract alot of quad riders that do not have to be Extremely Skilled to ride the track without getting hurt!!  A few redesigns and some good word will get tons of quads to race the track, giving you the best of both worlds!!!!

Now, why am i posting this on this thread!!  Because Sand Mountain (if done like I mentioned)  could be a host to a Quad Only MX series, making it more of a reality to kick this thing off!!! 

MAN, IM GOOD!!!! Grin  I AM SO IN LOVE W/ MYSELF!!  (opportunity for LE to say something)

trx#9
Supreme Member

Manager at Seaman's Sausage House and Adult Movies

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #36 on: April 13, 2006, 05:13:51 PM »

There is no nose ordinance in the day time. So as long as there running at day times then there should be a problem.  I live by a concrete factory, it makes tons of nose all night but it was there years before the neighbor hood was. So I can't complain, I'm sure other people are but its there own fault for not checking out there surroundings. Anyways I just trying to say FTR sound ordinance is way to low. They need to follow the AMA rules then nobody can bit-h. Another thing Ftr want do is run any money classes. The FTR is also a rip off too 50 bucks for a membership and my membership didn't even last a year. Look at the AMA its like 35 dollars for a full year. And the AMA does a lot more fighting for ATV rights than FTR. You are right about idoits with loud pipes though but I been noticing its getting better than it was a few years ago.
« Last Edit: April 13, 2006, 08:44:17 PM by trx#9 » Logged

"A SPECIAL THANKS TO MY SPONSORS"
Big Knob racing!, NewMembers Mom!
 Sacks Gloryhole at the Little Bar!
Qawd32 Colon massage inc.!
Fuzzy Pickle race team!
mudnuri
Supreme Member

06 YFZ

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #37 on: April 13, 2006, 05:45:50 PM »

Well I'm glad you have it all figured out. I challenge you to do something about it and make your own series. I'll go. Until then I think you are out of line complaining about membership fees. Name another organization in Floriduh that does ANYTHING for you and your love to ride? NAME ONE!? Other than a MX tracks there is NONE.
Makes we sick to read that $50 makes you cry. I read your sig and wonder where you ride? Who pays you to place in FL? Please let me know, there are several hundred that will go for that.
I didn't see YOU at the meeting held Tuesday to help save the Picayune trails. FTR was there. Like they are for every other political dealings pertaining to your desires to ride. So, please show some respect. Think before you type. You may find you don't know what you are talking about.

Brian Morris
06 YFZ
FTR#108 SENIOR
Don't litter
Respect life
mud-n-ur-i
mudnuri
Supreme Member

06 YFZ

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #38 on: April 13, 2006, 08:47:37 PM »

I don't mean to sound like a jerk towards you trx#9 or anybody else. I just get upset knowing all of the hard work that goes to hosting an event. It's not cheap, either.

Brian Morris
06 YFZ
FTR#108 SENIOR
Don't litter
Respect life
mud-n-ur-i
trx#9
Supreme Member

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #39 on: April 13, 2006, 08:59:07 PM »

Well I'm glad you have it all figured out. I challenge you to do something about it and make your own series. I'll go. Until then I think you are out of line complaining about membership fees. Name another organization in Floriduh that does ANYTHING for you and your love to ride? NAME ONE!? Other than a MX tracks there is NONE.
Makes we sick to read that $50 makes you cry. I read your sig and wonder where you ride? Who pays you to place in FL? Please let me know, there are several hundred that will go for that.
I didn't see YOU at the meeting held Tuesday to help save the Picayune trails. FTR was there. Like they are for every other political dealings pertaining to your desires to ride. So, please show some respect. Think before you type. You may find you don't know what you are talking about.
Sorry for ruffling your skirt, but the truth hurts sometimes.  Read what everyone else is saying too, There not happy with Ftr either. I didn't know FTR does more than the AMA thats news to my ears. Get real buddy! I think the FTR is great for trail riders and hare scrambles but have no business in motocross. Tell me my pipe is to loud at the lakeland international speedway, yeah what ever. Go tell dale jr. is car to loud FTR.

Fuzzy Pickle race team!
mudnuri
Supreme Member

06 YFZ

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #40 on: April 13, 2006, 09:02:29 PM »

I ain't your buddy and you can't handle the truth.

Brian Morris
06 YFZ
FTR#108 SENIOR
Don't litter
Respect life
mud-n-ur-i
LostCause
Supreme Member

SSQSA is coming back!

View Profile WWW

Ignore
« Reply #41 on: April 13, 2006, 09:19:19 PM »

OK YOU TWO. Huh

I asked you not to do this on this post.

Start your own post if you you want to discuss FTR matters.  I will join in there.

I am just trying to take our sport to the next level in FL.  A stand alone series.  Backed by a National Organization.

FTR does alot.  They are a good organization.  They give us somewhere to ride....... and the list can go on and on...

Please understand my request to keep this a POSITIVE POST. 

www.SSQSA.net

Thanks to our sponsors: Walsh Racecraft, X-Tream Clean, Ripixx, Goon with Style, Pit Posse, Amsoil, Equalibryum, Crown Wear, Answer, MSR, AXO, Slackercross, UFO, MXRESULTZ
mudnuri
Supreme Member

06 YFZ

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #42 on: April 13, 2006, 09:26:43 PM »

Sorry  Kiss

Brian Morris
06 YFZ
FTR#108 SENIOR
Don't litter
Respect life
mud-n-ur-i
dreth

« Reply #43 on: April 13, 2006, 09:36:55 PM »

OK YOU TWO. Huh

I asked you not to do this on this post.

Start your own post if you you want to discuss FTR matters.  I will join in there.

I am just trying to take our sport to the next level in FL.  A stand alone series.  Backed by a National Organization.

FTR does alot.  They are a good organization.  They give us somewhere to ride....... and the list can go on and on...

Please understand my request to keep this a POSITIVE POST. 

come on Brett it was getting good Cheesy
trx#9
Supreme Member

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #44 on: April 13, 2006, 10:27:00 PM »

Truths Wink

Fuzzy Pickle race team!
quadsonly4

Finally! ATVFlorida.com is here!

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #45 on: April 14, 2006, 11:22:52 AM »

I talked to Sue at Bithlo last night on Quads Only thursday night.  She had 27 riders last night and a ton of spectators checking it out.  She had only 12 last week on her 1st night.  Great job quad riders.  We are in charge of our own success, so please support her.  Back to my point, she said that Bithlo and Waldo would be on board for a Quads Only Series.  I am sure that SM would be game also.  We are going to work on getting a special track in Perry.  Its not open to the public but he is working on getting an ESPN national.  This track is AWESOME!!  It would be a perfect track of the series finally.  We need just a couple more tracks and we have ourselves a series. 
Wannagofaster

Tuck in behind me. I will show you where to crash!

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #46 on: April 14, 2006, 11:34:50 AM »

first, Don has his ESPN deal 99% complete for Perry. it looks pretty good that it will happen. Second i am sure Seminole would be on board. they have already had a few quad only races with some success. The first thing we would needd to do is have a group ride at a track and hold a meeting. see if enough people will donate time to try and organize this.
LostCause
Supreme Member

SSQSA is coming back!

View Profile WWW

Ignore
« Reply #47 on: April 14, 2006, 03:41:48 PM »

Thanks guys.

Just to inform you a little bit.  I don't want to jump the gun but here are some things that I have been working on. 

I have contacted 8 tracks so far.  I have 3 that said they are interested. (Waldo, Bithlo, and Redthingy) The others I have not heard back from.

The next thing that is happening is a meeting with Randy Dinkins in Naples the end of this month.  He is the director/founder of NQRA.  He is the person that came to me about this whole idea.  I will find out a whole lot of information then.  He told me to be prepaired to learn 8 years of experience in one day.  From the conversations that I have had with him there is a lot.

Next will be getting the dates and securing sponsors. 

I hope to have things formatted in May.  That way we can get this thing started this year.  Looking at September-January.  Not sure how many races but would like to get 9.  The more sponsores we are able to lock in the more we will have to offer at the end of the series.  The more people I can show that are going to support this venture the more likely we will get the sponsors and the tracks.  The dates are in the off season from the Nationals,  but run at the same time as the other series in FL.    But still have to show that the tracks will profit from our attendance.

Keep talking amungst yourselves and your friends.  Get this information out.  The more we have involved the better the series will be.  I plan on starting out with the MX series but would like to expand to other forms of racing/ATV activities.

More information to be posted later!!!!!!!!!!!!!

« Last Edit: April 14, 2006, 04:48:38 PM by LostCause » Logged

www.SSQSA.net

trx#9
Supreme Member

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #48 on: April 14, 2006, 04:51:28 PM »

git-ter-done!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Fuzzy Pickle race team!
TBR

Finally! ATVFlorida.com is here!

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #49 on: April 16, 2006, 02:47:44 PM »

I appreciate what FTR has done for the quad riders. I think that by staying with the one day format, they have probably limited the growth of quad classes.
In my opinion, there needs to be some more classes added if the quad market is to be fully tapped into. Whatever series is successful in tapping into the "average rider and average quad" will soon render the others obsolete.
For instance is the 400cc class of which there are still lots of 400ex's and z400's that really cannot compete with the 450's.
Another untapped class is the entirely stock 450 class. I believe there are a lot of people that would race their stock quad but have neither the money nor the ability to modify their quads. I understand we need nerfs and kill switches, but I am talking pure stock quads.
Let's face it the A B C classes might offer up to 60 quads at best.
Any "Quad Only" series will need to draw more.
My 2 cents.
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 5 6 7 8   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

Other Florida sites of interest: www.PinballShark.com