Home ATV Florida Forum ATV Florida Where to Ride? ATV Florida Links Advertise

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length

Home   Help Search Calendar Login Register  
Poll
Question: Is there a need for A quad only MX series in FL?  If so would you participate?
Yes - 22 (25.3%)
No - 7 (8%)
Yes, Yes I would participate - 53 (60.9%)
Yes. No I would not participate - 5 (5.7%)
Total Voters: 83

Pages: [1] 2 3 4 5 6 ... 8   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Quad Only MX Series  (Read 60252 times)
LostCause
Supreme Member

SSQSA is coming back!

View Profile WWW

Ignore
« on: April 09, 2006, 10:37:58 PM »

Just in general I want to find out if there is a need and a desire for a Quad Only MX series in FL.  This is just in the beginning stages.  Also. please give me your input.
« Last Edit: April 09, 2006, 10:40:52 PM by LostCause » Logged

We have the ability to control our future.

www.SSQSA.net

Thanks to our sponsors: Walsh Racecraft, X-Tream Clean, Ripixx, Goon with Style, Pit Posse, Amsoil, Equalibryum, Crown Wear, Answer, MSR, AXO, Slackercross, UFO, MXRESULTZ
trx#9
Supreme Member

Manager at Seaman's Sausage House and Adult Movies

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #1 on: April 09, 2006, 11:33:54 PM »

No I don't think there's enough quads on a consistent bases, Maybe in a couple of years. If its a FTR back series there will be only a few quads there due to there sound requirements that they will be enforcing 92 dbs. I fart louder than that.lol; Crap

"A SPECIAL THANKS TO MY SPONSORS"
Big Knob racing!, NewMembers Mom!
 Sacks Gloryhole at the Little Bar!
Qawd32 Colon massage inc.!
Fuzzy Pickle race team!
Mrs.Nightbreed
Supreme Member

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #2 on: April 10, 2006, 08:10:53 AM »

I think the demand is definately there if you do a small 5-10 race series  different tracks to start and maybe grow in time. Look at the NEATV series up north. Do some research on it and see what they offer, because whatever they are doing, they are getting 300-400 quad turnouts. Just an idea.

I do agree with TRX#9 that the FTR sound rules may be an issue for some. For example I did the voluntary testing last weekend and I am at 108. Repacking is not going to fix 10db. I can't put a stock pipe on it and if I could, I wouldn't for one series. Aside from that how can I quiet down a 2 stroke? I can't exactly buy a super trap end for it. I know as of right now I fit in that loophole, but It seems 2 of the officials don't like me much, and I get the feeling that loophole won't be around next season....

I think if we had a series to offer ages classes (16-24, +25) along with skill level classes we would get more entries as well as more quads. Most people will run more than one class if they have the opportunity.
dreth

« Reply #3 on: April 10, 2006, 09:06:54 AM »

not that i would race but im sure there are a few that dont come out now because of a few reasons

#1. because of all the dirt bikes and extra classes the the track gets tore up real bad by the end of the day.

#2. also because of all the extra classes for the dirt bikes its an all day ( very long) event.

just my thoughts
PLEDGER#76

1971 Honda CB350, Honda TRX450R

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #4 on: April 10, 2006, 09:31:28 AM »

I would support it for sure, im phasing out of the FTR-XC after this year, Mrs. Nightbreed if it was your trx250r you had tested it is exempt from any sound rule enforcement, I think 1989 and prior dirtbikes and quads are exempt from this crazy-low DB rule.....

1971 Honda CB350 and its mint
Honda TRX450R
LE450-RACER#77
Supreme Member

READY TO SELL ALL PARTS

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #5 on: April 10, 2006, 12:01:02 PM »

I would run a quad only series.

04 YFZ450 #77
Rossier Pipe
Pro Design Intake
Ported & Built By ATP
Walsh LT A Arms w/pull rod on rear
PEP LT Shocks front & rear
Walsh +1 stem
Tag T2 bars
LSR axle
LSR Front Brake Lines
Precision Stabilizer
Holeshots Front & Rear
H.E.P. Race Fender Brackets
ASV Levers
Blingstar Nerfs
quadsonly4

Finally! ATVFlorida.com is here!

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #6 on: April 10, 2006, 12:29:55 PM »

I have 3 boys that would run a Quads Only Series and a dozen more of their friends that would run.  You just have to keep in mind the national schedule because alot of the Florida quad guys run the nationals.  My son had to sound test his Cobra 50 quad at FTR this weekend.  It is 100% stock and tested 104.  I asked the quad rep what to do and he said put the stock pipe back on.  I already told him the bike was stock Bonk This was the same guy who told me that i needed proof of age for my 3 boys.  He said only the quads needed proof of age because they need to be 16 to ride the 450.  I pointed to my 7 and 11 that I signed up for the mini class.  My 16 year old gave him his DL and he then asked for the other two DL.  I told him that they don't give 7 and 11 year old a DL and he said that they needed to show a DL.  Bang Head  Looks like 2006 will be our 1st year for FTR and our last.  Oh and what the hell is with the dam dirt bike trophy.  My 7 year old got 1st and she handed him a dirt bike trophy.  He asked her what was he supposed to do with this because he is a quad racer.  She rudely shoved it back to him and said thats all we have.  My oldest got 1st and my middle got 2nd.  A good collection of dirt bike trophies this weekend Angry  Come on FTR, you take the quads money but can't award them properly.  If they don't want us there then just tell us.
« Last Edit: April 10, 2006, 12:34:09 PM by quadsonly4 » Logged
Mike#44

Finally! ATVFlorida.com is here!

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #7 on: April 10, 2006, 12:59:18 PM »

It amazes me how many people are leaving FTR HS and QS.  I would love a stand alone quad mx series.  Maybe then we could get some classes for us old people who can't make the doubles, because the C-class riders should all be in the B-class!!!

07 LTR450 Vet #99
RTR_380/450R
Supreme Member

The older I get..........

View Profile WWW

Ignore
« Reply #8 on: April 10, 2006, 03:56:21 PM »

Id def be interested! 
1st of all- A quad only MX series would be safer for all quad riders racing, simply because the quality of the track alone!  A quad friendly track that is still challenging is hard to come by.  Broken bones and bikes suck!

2nd-  It would give us a set schedule to race by, allowing us to schedule races, which in return would provide better turn outs!

3rd-  I just like to hear myself talk! Grin

jt

RTR PERFORMANCE ENGINES
Specializing in FAST RELIABLE Horspower!!
rtrperformanceengines.com
LE450-RACER#77
Supreme Member

READY TO SELL ALL PARTS

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #9 on: April 10, 2006, 04:18:03 PM »

YES WE ALL KNOW THAT !!!!!!!!!!!!!!     Wink

04 YFZ450 #77
Rossier Pipe
Pro Design Intake
Ported & Built By ATP
Walsh LT A Arms w/pull rod on rear
PEP LT Shocks front & rear
Walsh +1 stem
Tag T2 bars
LSR axle
LSR Front Brake Lines
Precision Stabilizer
Holeshots Front & Rear
H.E.P. Race Fender Brackets
ASV Levers
Blingstar Nerfs
tony pitts
Supreme Member

Life's short, ride hard.

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #10 on: April 10, 2006, 05:22:29 PM »

IM with  you jason I have been racing with the ftr for 2 years mx and harescrambles  there not to friendly to quads but they did come up with quadscramble this year the turn out hasent been that great ive missed a lot of racing this year  so i could spend more time with my sons racing were taking a little vacation this week up at durhamtown plantation so far today my son went a littile to fast and to squirrelly through some woops and flipped 2or3 times bent his steering stem to the gas tank but other than that having a great time we will have his fixed tomorrow so he can be back at it. and about quad only racing let us know how we can help keep all the dumb 16 rules out and we will be there.

53yfz450
Supreme Member

Following hurts more than Leading!!!

View Profile WWW

Ignore
« Reply #11 on: April 10, 2006, 05:56:06 PM »

o would deff. race it.

WEB SITE IS COMING BACK UP SOON!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!   
  http://HTTP://GANDGRACING.COM CHECK IT OUT!!!!!!

http://myspace.com/jakegunn53

motocross is all about momentum if you hit it doin a 100 ya gonna  make it across.
trx#9
Supreme Member

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #12 on: April 10, 2006, 10:26:45 PM »

I can't believe all the people complaining about FTR series. When I ragged on FTR about 8 months ago everybody jumped down my throat saying how great they were. Its funny how things change Lips Sealed

Fuzzy Pickle race team!
LostCause
Supreme Member

SSQSA is coming back!

View Profile WWW

Ignore
« Reply #13 on: April 10, 2006, 10:32:49 PM »

Just like any series there is good and bad points.

When the quads line up it is like watching a national and from what I have noticed more people watch the quads than the bikes.

I just want to build a series that is good for the quad guys and have some of the things that yall want.  Some of those things will not happen in FTR.

www.SSQSA.net

Thanks to our sponsors: Walsh Racecraft, X-Tream Clean, Ripixx, Goon with Style, Pit Posse, Amsoil, Equalibryum, Crown Wear, Answer, MSR, AXO, Slackercross, UFO, MXRESULTZ
trx#9
Supreme Member

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #14 on: April 10, 2006, 11:01:24 PM »

Just like any series there is good and bad points.

When the quads line up it is like watching a national and from what I have noticed more people watch the quads than the bikes.

I just want to build a series that is good for the quad guys and have some of the things that yall want.  Some of those things will not happen in FTR.
Your right about FTR , the secret to this working is scheduling. Maybe september  through winter would be a good time. Thats when the winter ams and gold gup series is operating and we all know they haven't  allow quads since 1991. Plus in the winter a lot of riders come down and train in the off season. Wink

Fuzzy Pickle race team!
racingbroke

Girls Race too!

View Profile WWW

Ignore
« Reply #15 on: April 10, 2006, 11:18:48 PM »

We would race. 

It would be nice to race where quads (of all sizes and ages Grin) are welcome. 

Samantha #19
McGrath Race Team
YAM29C

Finally, ATVFlorida.com is here!

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #16 on: April 11, 2006, 09:36:09 AM »

How is FTR not friendly to quads when they went out of there way last year to get more classes for the quad then again this year brought even more classes for everyone to ride. Also the Mx chairman is a quad rider and the mx referee has both of his sons that race quads so i think its pretty stupid to say that they are not quad friendly or they don't care. The trophies you get with the dirtbikes on them at the track are given to you by "the track" ftr has nothing to do with the trophies. If you ride the series and place well enough to get a trophy at the end of the ftr series you will get a trophy with a quad on it. Anyways I would also ride in a quad series as well if one were to come up.
Sandmountainspeedway.com

Finally, ATVFlorida.com is here!

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #17 on: April 12, 2006, 09:14:27 AM »

Do you guys like the MX better than TT
Exmx54
Supreme Member

MX rider

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #18 on: April 12, 2006, 09:22:00 AM »

I'd run it for sure! As long as it won't conflict with the national scheduale for next year. If you need any help with promoting this, or help organizing some stuff, let me know, me and my parents would be glad to help! Good way to start is a fund raiser!  Cool
rappy350

faster than yours

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #19 on: April 12, 2006, 09:38:02 AM »

whatever you do please make a youth class that includes the raptor 350. please. I actually have stopped trying to find a place to race quads and now race my pit bike at supermoto. Another cool thing would to have some kind of sponsership program for the youth classes.  have some kind of standards such as academic achievement. maybe some kind of proof of community service and have like free practices and race entrance fees.

2005 Raptor 350(mine)
Hot cams camshaft
K&N High Flow Air filter
Dyno-Jet stage one jet kit
Razrs on the back
2005 Kodiak 400 w/winch(dad's)
2005 Wolverine 4x4 (brother's)
 Big Red (sister in-laws)
YFZ450-Tampa
Supreme Member

Pura Vida !!!

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #20 on: April 12, 2006, 07:56:02 PM »

Well I have to say somethings, first if wouldn't be for FTR, who else will host a Hare Scramble for quads ? they have had the dirtbikes for years and then opend up a place for quads, and it's been growing, now this year they start the quad scramble, opening a lot of more classes, now it is up to us to make it work, when it come to FTR MX is just about the same case, now if we can have a MX quad series would be great, so we could have a lot more classes so everybody will have a chance to race at their own class. We disagreed with the FTR set up, well been so many classes quads and dirt bikes at the same race day it is crazy but we all suffer dirt bike and quads, so there is no difference at that point, having seperate series we all win, now are there enough quads, I think there are, but do we have enough people willing to help and participate ?  we need to do something to find that answer.

Luis 
                              Quad #29 
                                 XC
T2
Supreme Member

It's Better To Be The Predator Than the Prey

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #21 on: April 12, 2006, 08:15:19 PM »

I have nothing bad to say about the FTR series because I never raced quads, its always been recational (sp) riding for me. Now that I like riding tracks I'm willing to try racing  quads only series, for one to get as many quads as possible to promote us, and two I would feel a lot safer riding on a track that doesn't get beat up by dirtbikes. Like other people mentioned I really dont think there is enough quads out there to race are own series, but I will do what ever it takes to get it going. So the answer to your question is YES I would race the quads only series.  Good luck on this and keep us informed L.C.

wheelie_boy
Supreme Member

Its Fast

View Profile WWW

Ignore
« Reply #22 on: April 12, 2006, 08:21:16 PM »

whatever you do please make a youth class that includes the raptor 350. please. I actually have stopped trying to find a place to race quads and now race my pit bike at supermoto. Another cool thing would to have some kind of sponsership program for the youth classes.  have some kind of standards such as academic achievement. maybe some kind of proof of community service and have like free practices and race entrance fees.

up to 400cc's please. and great ideas

05 kx 250f
arod
Supreme Member

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #23 on: April 12, 2006, 08:52:46 PM »

i think there should be various beginner classes. alot of atv riders are scared/intimidated when riding on a track is concerned. they have not ridden on one ever or just a couple of times and are worried about getting trashed. i think if a beginner races in a class  they feel comfortable with, that rider will eventually want to continue to race.  oh yeah, i would like to but the way it looks, the closest track to me is an hour drive. the next clsest is 2-3 hours.
LostCause
Supreme Member

SSQSA is coming back!

View Profile WWW

Ignore
« Reply #24 on: April 12, 2006, 09:06:05 PM »

First of all I want to thank each and everyone of you for your voting and input.  It is nice to know that you , the riders are interested in this series.  It is going to take some work and I am going to have some people step up and help.  The first couple of years will show if we can make it or not.

Next,  I have got to address the issues that have been brought up against FTR.

FTR is a good series.  For many years they have provided us (quad riders) a series that we can particapate in (Unlike the mainstream MX series). The reason that this series is starting is because the individual that approched me about it wants to have some classes that will not happen in FTR.  It is also a chance to give yall more seat time.

Being the MX Quad rider rep in FTR for the past year has let me see what happens behind the scenes.  For the remainder of the season I will still be helping them and fulfilling my role as Quad rider rep.  I also plan on having a continued friendship with them and the people that ride their series.

For you that have had some problems with some of the rules that FTR has, I am sorry.  The thing that you have to remember is that everyone has the same set of rules that they must follow.  That makes the field even. (ie. the DB rule).  As far as the proof of age, and why did it only happen to the quad classes.  There were several instances where people signed up and were riding in a class that they were not old enough.  This rule is in their rule book where they can request proof of age at any time.  If the individual does not have a DL a notorized copy of birth certificate is in order.  (This is also going to put in place for the dirt bike guys also.)  I am not bringing this up to make anyone mad.  I just want you to know the reasoning behind what occured.

Last thing that I ask of yall.  Please keep this a positive post.  We are trying to get a great new series started for you the riders/racers.  I do not want any bad-mouthing of any other series that runs in the state of FL.  Each series has good points and bad points.  Not every person will be happy.  I want to make this series enjoyable for everyone of all ages.
Thank you for listening.

Brett Jones    

www.SSQSA.net

Pages: [1] 2 3 4 5 6 ... 8   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

Other Florida sites of interest: www.PinballShark.com