Home ATV Florida Forum ATV Florida Where to Ride? ATV Florida Links Advertise

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length

Home   Help Search Calendar Login Register  
Pages: 1 [2]  All   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: river ranch  (Read 12192 times)
big-daddy
Defender of the secret society!
Supreme Member

Home of the Brave

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #25 on: April 11, 2006, 10:07:40 AM »

Just one more Matt, What the lotto numbers for the 50 millions?  Wink

Ricky:

I wish I knew brother!  Hey, you know I'm on the riders' side on River Ranch. If I hit the 50 mil, maybe I can help keep it for all of us!

Ya, I know that.  Grin  We need to plan a trip out there soon. 

I wonder if we can get Cheney to take Obama hunting?
1985 CJ7 Swamp Buggy named Swamp Thing
2001 Yamaha Wolverine 4x4
2005 Kodiak 450 4x4
2007 F150 Super Crew FX4
Proud RR and FMR member
NRA Life Time member
cycole

Finally! ATVFlorida.com is here!

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #26 on: April 12, 2006, 10:31:11 AM »

Most of the roads were platted long ago and are recorded. With a little reseach, you can pull up the plats (usually on microfische) which set forth the locations. As far as easements go, the plat provides the only reaonable/accurate source. In addition, you have countless easements by perscription, the most definite being the main entrance road.

As far as the deeds you've seen, you're right. Obviously they are based upon sections as all of Florida is described in sections ever since the enactment of the Disten Act in the mid 1800's. So, of course the deeds will be described in terms of section, township, range, halfs, quarters, etc.

Any other questions?  Grin

Thank you for the response

But shouldn’t these deeds make reference to a blanket easement and or
The O.R. book that these easements and R/W are recorded.

Also most of these deeds are Inaccessible tracts River rch/Green Swmp

If any one knows of the plat name  that has anything to do with rr
Could they please post.

Cheers, Cy

2005 King Quad
2005 Eiger
garym
Supreme Member

four wheeling or fishing, it always takes gas

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #27 on: April 12, 2006, 10:35:34 AM »

sorry,

my deed is sectionalized also from 1989.

Arrested for trespassing? I doubt it. Not when everyone else who travels into RR trespasses too. Also, you can visit your property all you want along designated or prescriptive easements.

Can you provide the O. R. Book and Page or Plat Book and Page for these recorded easements?
Most of the deeds that I have seen are sectionalize land,

SeeYa,Cy
gery350
Supreme Member

no guts, no glory

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #28 on: April 12, 2006, 10:40:13 AM »

Most of the roads were platted long ago and are recorded. With a little reseach, you can pull up the plats (usually on microfische) which set forth the locations. As far as easements go, the plat provides the only reaonable/accurate source. In addition, you have countless easements by perscription, the most definite being the main entrance road.

As far as the deeds you've seen, you're right. Obviously they are based upon sections as all of Florida is described in sections ever since the enactment of the Disten Act in the mid 1800's. So, of course the deeds will be described in terms of section, township, range, halfs, quarters, etc.

Any other questions?  Grin

YEAH! HOW THE HECK DO I KILL THE DAMN GREMLIN IN MY SONS BIKE.
SUM BIETCH! Huh Angry Cry Angry

hey this is klutchbuster350, me and rl400*mostly rl400* made my dad this sig. now lets see how long it takes him to notice lol
hey while im here...........klutchbuster rules!!!!!!
http://i6.photobucket.com/albums/y235/klutchbuster350/gery350_3.gif
Anoriginal

« Reply #29 on: April 12, 2006, 11:13:34 AM »

Cycole -

I believe the original plat should be listed as River Ranch Acres. The Polk County Clerk of Court keeps the older plats on file via microfische. All you need to do is go into the clerk's office and ask the folks int he recording department to assist you. They can help you locate the proper tapes and plat. Once located, you should be able to print a copy for a minimal fee.

I doubt that you'll see any reference to a blanket easement. Don't forget, it was originally a platted subdivision. Therefore, the only easements would be utility in nature. Chances are, there were no utility easements recorded either. The legal access would be according to the platted roads wether actual or not. In addition, easements by prescription (roads used over time) would provide a person legal access to their property.

Finally, if you have your property description, you can convert the meets and bounds description into lat./long. descriptions. Chances are, the lat./long. conversion will bring you the quickest if not the most accurate, results.

I hope that helps. Let me know how it goes or if I can help. I'm happy to assist.

Gery -

I don't have any help for you on that one. Usually, I just break out the wallet and start thowing money at it until it's fixed. lol  Gremlins are evil beasts. 

cycole

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #30 on: April 12, 2006, 01:45:05 PM »

Cycole -

I believe the original plat should be listed as River Ranch Acres. The Polk County Clerk of Court keeps the older plats on file via microfische. All you need to do is go into the clerk's office and ask the folks int he recording department to assist you. They can help you locate the proper tapes and plat. Once located, you should be able to print a copy for a minimal fee.

I doubt that you'll see any reference to a blanket easement. Don't forget, it was originally a platted subdivision. Therefore, the only easements would be utility in nature. Chances are, there were no utility easements recorded either. The legal access would be according to the platted roads wether actual or not. In addition, easements by prescription (roads used over time) would provide a person legal access to their property.

Finally, if you have your property description, you can convert the meets and bounds description into lat./long. descriptions. Chances are, the lat./long. conversion will bring you the quickest if not the most accurate, results.

I hope that helps. Let me know how it goes or if I can help. I'm happy to assist.

Gery -

I don't have any help for you on that one. Usually, I just break out the wallet and start thowing money at it until it's fixed. lol  Gremlins are evil beasts. 

If it was a platted sub then the legal should state plat book and page shouldn't it?
Polk County offers plats on line
http://www.polk-county.net/county_offices/information_technology/gis/viewer.aspx..

Have tried but found nothing under rr acers . As far as lat/lon by a Sec,
Twp,Rng brake down you would have to have 2  Certified Sec. corner
And I have none for the section that my property falls in.
They do have some old G.L.O. MAPS with chain dimensions
Also I know the army c.o.e  ran control for the outflow of lake
Kissimmee.   

SeeYa, Cy

Ps, I have no problem with the way that rr is set up I
Just like to mess around with handheld gps and would like
to see if I could get close.

2005 King Quad
2005 Eiger
Anoriginal

« Reply #31 on: April 12, 2006, 01:56:46 PM »

Cycole:

I've seen the plat for RR in the past. I do not remember who had it, but it exists. You may have to go to the Clerk's office and narrow it down from the county general maps.

The meets and bounds description should adequately provide you with what you need to convert to lat./long. Most engineering firms these days have the technology to convert. However, without seeing how much information your deed contains, it's hard to tell.

Does Polk offer and GIS service?
cycole

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #32 on: April 12, 2006, 02:24:06 PM »

yes
http://www.polk-county.net/county_offices/information_technology/gis/viewer.aspx

2005 King Quad
2005 Eiger
garym
Supreme Member

four wheeling or fishing, it always takes gas

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #33 on: April 12, 2006, 04:19:09 PM »

My friend is a surveyor with the county and he says without ony monuments or landmarks in the ground, the whole place would need to be surveyed to pick out your lot. You can get a general idea where it is.  My is probably at the bottom of a swamp!  Wait, that would be a good thing!!! Drive
JackL
Supreme Member

A enemy generally says and believes what he wishes

View Profile WWW

Ignore
« Reply #34 on: April 13, 2006, 08:21:28 AM »

The most important thing a RR owner can do is write the certified letter
to have your plot removed from the forever Florida program!!
From: http://www.dep.state.fl.us/lands/acquisition/FloridaForever/faq.htm

Unfortunatly for me, my property falls in block 27 which is green, looks like the south gate -15,16 and 21 are safe. I assume the owners already wrote their letters.
http://www.dep.state.fl.us/lands/acquisition/FloridaForever/FFAnnual/Projects/B.Bombing%20Range.pdf
It does touch 22 which is safe because I'm sure Westgate RR doesn't want to move..

How can an owner keep his property off the Florida Forever list or get it removed if it is already on the list?
Any property owner can ask the state to drop his or her property from the Florida Forever list. The property owner should send a certified letter to the Acquisition and Restoration Council, at the Office of Environmental Services, 3900 Commonwealth Blvd., MS 140, Tallahassee, FL, 32399-3000. The ARC will drop that piece of property from the acquisition list, but, the Governor and the Cabinet do have the option, when they approve the acquisition list, of putting that property back on the list. That takes a supermajority vote of the Cabinet, and happens only if the property is judged to be of critical importance.

BTW: Looks like Holopaw is in their crosshairs now..
http://www.dep.state.fl.us/lands/acquisition/FloridaForever/FFAnnual/Updates/B.Big%20Bend%20Holopaw.pdf

The only rules that really matter are these: what a man can do and what a man can’t do.
cycole

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #35 on: April 13, 2006, 08:53:00 AM »

I can't seem to get the links to work or  the site could be  down?

2005 King Quad
2005 Eiger
Pages: 1 [2]  All   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

Other Florida sites of interest: www.PinballShark.com