Home ATV Florida Forum ATV Florida Where to Ride? ATV Florida Links Advertise

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length

Home   Help Search Calendar Login Register  
Pages: [1] 2  All   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: river ranch  (Read 12168 times)
live2mud

View Profile

Ignore
« on: April 09, 2006, 11:33:47 AM »

I have property at River Ranch but i havent been there in 3yrs.What all do I need to get in the gate.do I need to bring my title for my 4 wheeler Undecided
tekhanto

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #1 on: April 09, 2006, 12:02:53 PM »

Bring deed and tax receipt to show that you have paid up to date the taxes.
then $120 for membership to river ranch property owners assoc for year

You don't stop riding because you get OLD................... You get OLD because you STOP RIDING.

&
jayd

Finally, ATVFlorida.com is here!

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #2 on: April 09, 2006, 03:38:10 PM »

And a dust mask- I came home yesterday with black lung!

[attachment deleted by admin]
Anoriginal

« Reply #3 on: April 09, 2006, 05:17:31 PM »

You don't need anything if you own property. If you can prove you own it, then nobody can stop you from visiting it. If someone trys to make you pay $120.00 to join some fictitiously self appointed organization, you're getting ripped off. If they won't let you in the gate, call the law.
bigscrub79
Supreme Member

I'm a Florida Mud Rider!

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #4 on: April 09, 2006, 08:08:37 PM »

You don't need anything if you own property. If you can prove you own it, then nobody can stop you from visiting it. If someone trys to make you pay $120.00 to join some fictitiously self appointed organization, you're getting ripped off. If they won't let you in the gate, call the law.
You had better know where your property is then. Because if you stir up that nest you may get arrested for trespassing.

JackL
Supreme Member

A enemy generally says and believes what he wishes

View Profile WWW

Ignore
« Reply #5 on: April 09, 2006, 08:15:16 PM »

You had better know where your property is then. Because if you stir up that nest you may get arrested for trespassing.

How do you go about finding your property anyway? The cryptic description on the deed isn't much to go on.
Do the RR people frown on surveyors or what?

The only rules that really matter are these: what a man can do and what a man can’t do.
tekhanto

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #6 on: April 09, 2006, 09:16:46 PM »

Can visit property straight there and straight out  not riding around checking things out

You don't stop riding because you get OLD................... You get OLD because you STOP RIDING.

&
Anoriginal

« Reply #7 on: April 10, 2006, 08:01:41 AM »

Arrested for trespassing? I doubt it. Not when everyone else who travels into RR trespasses too. Also, you can visit your property all you want along designated or prescriptive easements.
bigscrub79
Supreme Member

I'm a Florida Mud Rider!

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #8 on: April 10, 2006, 09:14:13 AM »

Arrested for trespassing? I doubt it. Not when everyone else who travels into RR trespasses too. Also, you can visit your property all you want along designated or prescriptive easements.
Everyone out there allows others to use there land therefore they arent trespassing. I wasnt trying to debate on this I was just simply saying what will probably happen.

kawGIRL
is a Florida Mud Rider
Supreme Member

GOT GROG?

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #9 on: April 10, 2006, 10:24:05 AM »

If you don't join the RRPOA, I think they follow you to your land and you can't go anywhere else and if your land is outside of the camping area you cannot camp on it.  The 120.00 allows you and your family to use all of the land and facilities ....camp, hunt, fish, ride, etc. and then you can pick out a campsite in the 6,000 acre camp area, they also have family functions a couple times a year.
120.00 a year is not a big deal to go somewhere and be able to do all that and meet nice people  Wink

Now bringing in guest is another story  Huh   Lips Sealed

Anoriginal

« Reply #10 on: April 10, 2006, 10:26:50 AM »

If you don't join the RRPOA, I think they follow you to your land and you can't go anywhere else and if your land is outside of the camping area you cannot camp on it.  The 120.00 allows you and your family to use all of the land and facilities ....camp, hunt, fish, ride, etc. and then you can pick out a campsite in the 6,000 acre camp area, they also have family functions a couple times a year.
120.00 a year is not a big deal to go somewhere and be able to do all that and meet nice people  Wink

Why and why not?
kawGIRL
is a Florida Mud Rider
Supreme Member

GOT GROG?

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #11 on: April 10, 2006, 11:41:05 AM »

Because you are buying into a fenced Hunting Preserve, YES you have to have a deed to get in, but it is not really your land Undecided sort of like at a campground, you cannot build on it Huh unless the State/County changed the zoning for all of the land.  It is like a gated community you might say..... so you have to obey by the rules, or don't bother  Undecided and go somewhere else.

Joedirt
Supreme Member

I am a FloridaMud Rider

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #12 on: April 10, 2006, 01:02:00 PM »

I always have such a good laugh when I read RR threads...Thanks guys

2005 Vinson 4x4
2003 Big Bear 4x4
2001 Prarie 4x4
1987 Dirty Dakota Mud truck on 35 inch Boggers
Anoriginal

« Reply #13 on: April 10, 2006, 01:49:29 PM »

Because you are buying into a fenced Hunting Preserve, YES you have to have a deed to get in, but it is not really your land Undecided sort of like at a campground, you cannot build on it Huh unless the State/County changed the zoning for all of the land.  It is like a gated community you might say..... so you have to obey by the rules, or don't bother  Undecided and go somewhere else.

I had no idea it was an actual licensed hunting preserve. Does the RRPOA own all the property that you get to hunt on?  Cheesy
greenmachine
Supreme Member

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #14 on: April 10, 2006, 02:02:51 PM »

ATTENTION: Necessities to enter River Ranch...aka...Redneck Riviera. To make it through gate with no problems, bring your wallet, one case of Busch Beer & 5 cans of copenhagen. If this dont get your whole group in then buy Busch Lite instead & make another attempt. If that dont work then just increase the number of said items until they agree.
JackL
Supreme Member

A enemy generally says and believes what he wishes

View Profile WWW

Ignore
« Reply #15 on: April 10, 2006, 03:10:46 PM »

ATTENTION: Necessities to enter River Ranch...aka...Redneck Riviera. To make it through gate with no problems, bring your wallet, one case of Busch Beer & 5 cans of copenhagen. If this dont get your whole group in then buy Busch Lite instead & make another attempt. If that dont work then just increase the number of said items until they agree.

Hahaha, I guess I will have no problems. I travel with 5x your recommended amount of supplys as it is.

The only rules that really matter are these: what a man can do and what a man can’t do.
Anoriginal

« Reply #16 on: April 10, 2006, 04:15:51 PM »

Now that is funny!!!
Bigscrb15
Supreme Member

I'm a Florida Mud Rider

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #17 on: April 10, 2006, 05:50:22 PM »

River Ranch is one of those things that has been around for years and it's "Just how it is." I imagine you could fight it but it's not worth it. I have the mindset of "Just go ride and don't get involved in the politics." I completely agree with Anoriginals posts but I love to ride out there so I just do what they want and ride. If they became too ridiculous I would not go. For now It is worth me paying that much to ride per year.

"When once you have tasted flight, you will forever walk the earth with your eyes turned skyward, for there you have been, and there you will always long to return."
ONEslowEXer

Leader of the back

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #18 on: April 10, 2006, 08:46:04 PM »

Now that is funny!!!
Anoriginal , you are a loser. Just keep your original thoughts to yourself.
 And to the person who owns property , That 120.00 goes along way up there to keep everything nice a secure. If it wasn't for the them it would end up like badluck prarie. Check it out .... just my 2 cent
« Last Edit: April 10, 2006, 08:48:49 PM by ONEslowEXer » Logged

04 grizzly 660 Wetlands camo (Mine)
5.5in gorilla lift 29.5 x10 outlaws Hmf exhaust
Snorkeled Radiator relocated Outlaw clutch
Highlifter springs

02 Sportsman 400 Yellow Hers

88 suzuki Samurai (ours) 33" swampers 5:1 tranfercase
custom lift
Anoriginal

« Reply #19 on: April 11, 2006, 08:25:22 AM »

Now that is funny!!!
Anoriginal , you are a loser. Just keep your original thoughts to yourself.
 And to the person who owns property , That 120.00 goes along way up there to keep everything nice a secure. If it wasn't for the them it would end up like badluck prarie. Check it out .... just my 2 cent

Awww, now isn't that sweet? I am such a loser. Man, it must suck to be me. 
Hahahahahaha.  Kiss
Oneslow, take it easy there he man. There's no need to get your Montgomery Gentry undies in a wad. I'm just putting in my two cents just like everyone else. If you don't agree, I respect that.  However, there's no need to call me a loser. If you ever met me, you'd definitely realize I'm anything but. I know you're big and bad and ready to do battle to keep River Ranch the way it is. I don't want to get you all riled up. Just go back to your bliss and I'll go my way too. Hell, I'll even buy you a beer when we finally meet.

Sometimes, people struggle to see the light. I just like to flick the switch a few times so that more folks become aware. Like the saying goes, "you can lead a horse to water but you can't make him drink."

Peace! Cool
« Last Edit: April 11, 2006, 08:48:43 AM by Anoriginal » Logged
garym
Supreme Member

four wheeling or fishing, it always takes gas

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #20 on: April 11, 2006, 08:26:49 AM »

One more happy new RR owner here.  $120 is not  bad.  Heck, the state charges $50/yr. for croom/ and RR is a heck of a lot bigger and you can get a permanent campsite plus the roads are graded and there is "some" security there.
cycole

Finally! ATVFlorida.com is here!

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #21 on: April 11, 2006, 08:57:54 AM »

Can you provide the O. R. Book and Page or Plat Book and Page for these recorded easements?
Most of the deeds that I have seen are sectionalize land,

SeeYa,Cy

2005 King Quad
2005 Eiger
Anoriginal

« Reply #22 on: April 11, 2006, 09:16:32 AM »

Most of the roads were platted long ago and are recorded. With a little reseach, you can pull up the plats (usually on microfische) which set forth the locations. As far as easements go, the plat provides the only reaonable/accurate source. In addition, you have countless easements by perscription, the most definite being the main entrance road.

As far as the deeds you've seen, you're right. Obviously they are based upon sections as all of Florida is described in sections ever since the enactment of the Disten Act in the mid 1800's. So, of course the deeds will be described in terms of section, township, range, halfs, quarters, etc.

Any other questions?  Grin
« Last Edit: April 11, 2006, 09:19:59 AM by Anoriginal » Logged
big-daddy
Defender of the secret society!
Supreme Member

Home of the Brave

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #23 on: April 11, 2006, 09:23:06 AM »

Just one more Matt, What the lotto numbers for the 50 millions?  Wink

I wonder if we can get Cheney to take Obama hunting?
1985 CJ7 Swamp Buggy named Swamp Thing
2001 Yamaha Wolverine 4x4
2005 Kodiak 450 4x4
2007 F150 Super Crew FX4
Proud RR and FMR member
NRA Life Time member
Anoriginal

« Reply #24 on: April 11, 2006, 09:36:34 AM »

Just one more Matt, What the lotto numbers for the 50 millions?  Wink

Ricky:

I wish I knew brother!  Hey, you know I'm on the riders' side on River Ranch. If I hit the 50 mil, maybe I can help keep it for all of us!
Pages: [1] 2  All   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

Other Florida sites of interest: www.PinballShark.com