Home ATV Florida Forum ATV Florida Where to Ride? ATV Florida Links Advertise

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length

Home   Help Search Calendar Login Register  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: big scrub warning  (Read 7004 times)
dvx400#1
Supreme Member

ride hard, ride fast, and ride safe

View Profile

Ignore
« on: January 29, 2005, 04:00:52 PM »

just got back from scrub and i stay the night last night one guy that was talking to me there told me that just last week a yfz 450 was stolen out of there, well to make a long story short while we we're there a white f 150 snag a whole trailer with 3 bikes on them and they were 2 yfz 450 and a trx 450, they were all in the trailer still chain up toghether one guy said he saw the f 150 hook up to the trailer but just thought he was leaving. i think that's just sick cops were call and the sherriff show up about 30 minutes laterat 3.30am. i think that they should close that gate at 10pm. also prize went up to camp there $6 now. i still had a good ride do, but felt bad for those folks. Angry Angry Angry Angry Angry Angry Angry Angry Angry Angry Angry Angry Angry
Asphaltdragon
Supreme Member

Florida Atv Rally Sponsor

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #1 on: January 29, 2005, 04:40:08 PM »

That sucks...... more than, you know what!

Yellow '02 Honda 400 EX +ATP
Yellow '01 Bombardier Traxter XT
Orange '02 DS 650 Baja
stump66
Supreme Member

Quads we ride by God we abide

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #2 on: January 29, 2005, 06:15:48 PM »

What the hell is the use of having a fish and game guy there if he does squat about security. Maybe the jerk is in on it?? He seems to know all about the "rainbows" or whatever they are called, the low lifes living in the woods. If a few of these guys NEVER made it back out of the woods after getting caught would be a great loss. NOT!!  Angry

GOD PUT ME HERE TO ACCOMPLISH CERTAIN THINGS, I'M SO FAR BEHIND I'LL LIVE FOREVER!!!! 
AND ITS NEVER!!!!
TOO LATE TO START!!!!
Kawa3
Supreme Member

Straight Up

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #3 on: January 29, 2005, 06:21:39 PM »

what about that camp guy that lives there? does he not pay attention?

2010 Polaris Ranger Crew on 29.5 Outlaws.

2007 Arctic Cat 650 H1

2005 Arctic Cat 650 V2

2004 Kawasaki Prairie 700
dvx400#1
Supreme Member

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #4 on: January 29, 2005, 06:40:11 PM »

can't realy blame frank the guy at the camp ground he's really not a game warden, he actually does a good job at keeping the peace at the camp ground he enforces the generator rule and will be the firts one to go tell some one to keep it quiet if there getting a litttle loud. but i really think there should be more security there specially since they up the camping price. hell they made us tag our machines and now the price goes up at the camp ground  where is uor money going, what did they improve new restrooms at croom and new picnic tables at scrub, s---t i think the man got a raise! :-/
stump66
Supreme Member

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #5 on: January 29, 2005, 07:04:41 PM »

I've not yet stayed at scrub. But probly will and I don't think I'll be able to sleep well bacause of the cold steel of a 12guage  in my lap waitin for someone to try and lift my stuff.

GOD PUT ME HERE TO ACCOMPLISH CERTAIN THINGS, I'M SO FAR BEHIND I'LL LIVE FOREVER!!!! 
AND ITS NEVER!!!!
TOO LATE TO START!!!!
Moose
Supreme Member

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #6 on: January 30, 2005, 04:32:18 AM »

It's hard for someone to sue you if they can't breath. 9mm or 357 or 12ga makes a real good deturant, I'll use it first, then ask questions later, like, what are you doing with my stuf? If no answer, oh well.

LORD, please keep your arm around my shoulder, and your hand over my mouth. Amen
dreth

« Reply #7 on: January 30, 2005, 04:59:10 AM »

i will pray for those theives to realize the wrong that they have done and that they suffer 10 times the lose themselves.

and if you find them on the trails with your quad and you have to bring them to the proper authorities, well.........the sticker clearly states no double riders so i geuss you will just have to tie a pull strap around their ankle and drag them back to camp..........oops my gps batteries went dead and i got lost Wink
Da_Mtg_Man
extraordinaire
Supreme Member

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #8 on: January 30, 2005, 05:59:26 AM »

i will pray for those theives to realize the wrong that they have done and that they suffer 10 times the lose themselves.

and if you find them on the trails with your quad and you have to bring them to the proper authorities, well.........the sticker clearly states no double riders so i geuss you will just have to tie a pull strap around their ankle and drag them back to camp..........oops my gps batteries went dead and i got lost Wink

lol....

FLORIDA MUD RIDER
Asphaltdragon
Supreme Member

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #9 on: January 30, 2005, 02:33:53 PM »

I've not yet stayed at scrub. But probly will and I don't think I'll be able to sleep well bacause of the cold steel of a 12guage  in my lap waitin for someone to try and lift my stuff.

then why not set up a sting operation? Maybe the offenders will repeat the theft again. We have already gotten the attention of the authorites once... do you think they will step in to help?

Orange '02 DS 650 Baja
dvx400#1
Supreme Member

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #10 on: January 30, 2005, 06:18:55 PM »

i say screw the cops no offence, but i say we do it our selfs maybe let then still a bike with a low jack and have several people folow them to where they are taking the bikes and bust the whole thing up. beat down first ask questions later.
Asphaltdragon
Supreme Member

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #11 on: January 30, 2005, 06:22:46 PM »

i say screw the cops no offence, but i say we do it our selfs maybe let then still a bike with a low jack and have several people folow them to where they are taking the bikes and bust the whole thing up. beat down first ask questions later.

you know I'll be there with video survailence stuff! If we can get 270+ people to ride we should get a couple who wants to stop some of theis ridiculous theft.

Orange '02 DS 650 Baja
CABLEGUY1
Supreme Member

Finally, ATVFlorida.com is here!

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #12 on: January 30, 2005, 08:38:11 PM »

This is the 2nd incident I've read about in a week from Big Scrub. I know when we go again I'm going to put the bikes back on the trailer overnight and probably even run a chain thru them. How are these scumbags stealing peoples trailers with bikes on them? Are there trailers allready disconnected from there own vehicles and if so why? These people must be heavy sleepers to. My wife has a chihuahua " barking rat" that is good for nothing other than letting you know when someone is approaching. I would like nothing better than to catch somebody in the act and give them something to think about on there way to the hospital.
Ride1Rob
Supreme Member

YFZ 450!!!

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #13 on: January 31, 2005, 06:02:46 AM »

More than likely these quads won't see Big Scrub. The guys that are stealing them are more than likely selling them. The thieves I'm more than sure do ride stolen quads, but for the most part their doing this for money. Steal the bikes and sell them. Sad thing about it... The guys could be as far as Miami or Georgia (If not further). Remember when the Hurricanes came through? I live 35miles west of Orlando, there were thieves from my area way down in West Palm Beach window bashing. Theives will travel for opportunity. Hope those guys get their quads back. Personally, that's why I pack up my snit at the end of the day and drive 2hrs. back home Embarrassed.
« Last Edit: January 31, 2005, 06:04:09 AM by Ride1Rob » Logged

If it'll run... I'm ridin'!!!
Qdawg76
Supreme Member

AKA FLblaster. AKA FLsportsman

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #14 on: January 31, 2005, 06:30:08 AM »

you know I'll be there with video survailence stuff! If we can get 270+ people to ride we should get a couple who wants to stop some of theis ridiculous theft.

I think the sting Idea would be good, Dont we have a few Officers that ride quads that might be from the area or get the law enforcement set up a trailer with a few quads and bust these guys in the action on use video or something. The sad thing is that there are more theives out there that will try there chance at a quick dollar

05 ATP 330
08 Polaris RZR 800
06 Predator 90
07 Polaris Outlaw 525
Ida_Mann
Supreme Member

Location: There may be times when we are powerless to prevent injustice, but there must never be a time when we fail to protest.

I own and wear a purple sombrero

View Profile WWW

Ignore
« Reply #15 on: January 31, 2005, 06:35:33 AM »

this is the main reason I run a cable lock through the trailer then through the frame on my truck, so they will have to take the truck to get the quad.

or spend some time cutting the locks, or frame.

Id@

Id@ M@nn

www.facebook.com/IdaShotMe
'99 Honda 400EX ATP'd (quietly making noise)
'02 Honda Foreman Rubicon
'00 Honda TRX90
8 X 20 Enclosed hauler/camper
"Show me a smooth operation and I'll show you someone who is hiding mistakes, real boats rock."
Qdawg76
Supreme Member

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #16 on: January 31, 2005, 06:38:32 AM »

Smart Idea Ida, I usually Chain the quads to the Trailer or each other.

05 ATP 330
08 Polaris RZR 800
06 Predator 90
07 Polaris Outlaw 525
Ida_Mann
Supreme Member

Location: There may be times when we are powerless to prevent injustice, but there must never be a time when we fail to protest.

I own and wear a purple sombrero

View Profile WWW

Ignore
« Reply #17 on: January 31, 2005, 06:40:32 AM »

I got four cable locks, two go from trailer to truck, two go from quad to trailer.

4 different keys, two different manufacturers.

Id@

Id@ M@nn

www.facebook.com/IdaShotMe
'99 Honda 400EX ATP'd (quietly making noise)
'02 Honda Foreman Rubicon
'00 Honda TRX90
8 X 20 Enclosed hauler/camper
"Show me a smooth operation and I'll show you someone who is hiding mistakes, real boats rock."
Qdawg76
Supreme Member

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #18 on: January 31, 2005, 07:24:09 AM »

Can never be to safe. Gonna have to get a lock to go from my trailer to the truck now,

05 ATP 330
08 Polaris RZR 800
06 Predator 90
07 Polaris Outlaw 525
stump66
Supreme Member

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #19 on: January 31, 2005, 07:48:27 AM »

Its incredible how much noise some soda or beer cans will make tied to your trailer axle with some mono. Or do like I do get a really BIG DOG! THAT BITES>  Grin

AND ITS NEVER!!!!
TOO LATE TO START!!!!
DjLeOo

Shut up and Ride !!!

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #20 on: January 31, 2005, 09:46:59 AM »

Shiet the night we stayed there they stole my friends yellow 400ex !!

And the night after we stayed up real late and a guy with a beat up white f 150 kept passing by !!!

So i had a big spot light flash light and i flashed it at him ...
he must of passed by like 20 times !!
We were like we see you fackerrr
and we were still up parting .... Looking out !!

i bet it was the same guy you guys saw !!

« Last Edit: January 31, 2005, 09:48:46 AM by DjLeOo » Logged

SkyHighT100
Supreme Member

Enough Bullsh*t... LETS RIDE!

View Profile WWW

Ignore
« Reply #21 on: January 31, 2005, 09:49:27 AM »

I dont know why, but I have heard a whole lot over the last few months about a white F150. I want to say I heard about it one of the nights we had camped there, but I can't remember totally.. just rings one heck of a bell.

The true measure of a man is how high he bounces after hitting the bottom

Proud owner of an '06 LTR and a '00 300EX... both have too many mods to list Smiley

http://www.myspace.com/humrz28
Qdawg76
Supreme Member

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #22 on: January 31, 2005, 11:12:36 AM »

well sooner or later they are gonna get caught, hopefully it will be sooner. Makes me not wanna ride there and camp there

05 ATP 330
08 Polaris RZR 800
06 Predator 90
07 Polaris Outlaw 525
K5OSCAR

Pimpin Aint Easy...If It Was,We Would All Do It!

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #23 on: February 01, 2005, 11:29:34 AM »

They stole it all!

On the trailer was:
2005 red Honda 450r bent grab bar removed tail light stock
2004 red Honda trx 90 stock ridden a good bit but no broken plastics
1987 quad sport 230 beat up a bit with a new croom sticker
2005 blue Yamaha pw80 stock  
2001 raptor 660r raptor +8 swing arm with scat track haulers and a full pro circuit exhaust renthal bars and aftermarket levers and grab bar
2000 Honda cr250r red and white

all stolen on a home built trailer, Saab wheels  with extensions on the rear of the trailer to fit the raptor and a wood box up front

If you have any info please either call the police or let me know.

A better description of the trailer, the frame is 1X3 channel iron. The deck is extended metal. The trail itself is 21 feet long by 5' 6" in the back. There is a wooden tool box painted gray on the front. The right tail light is very hard to see because of the 6" extension for the raptor on it. It also has SAAB wheels, a 4" pipe along the back where the tail lights are. The tag number is out of Pinellas County 193eh, located on the left hand side of the trailer. If anyone sees or knows anything please help us by calling the Marion county police department.

Here is some information that might help. I have all the Vin Numbers for all the bikes

2005 Yamaha PW80-JYA3RV0355A048410
1986 Suzuki Quad Sport 230- JSAAJ43A8FZ113800
2001 Yamaha Raptor 660R 4-wheeler - JY4AM01381C024465
2004 Honda Sport Trac 90 - JH3TE18024K904163
2005 Honda TXR 450 R - 1HFTE300X5A105751
2000 CR 250 We do not have a vin as of yet.

SOMEONE CAME INTO THE CAMPGROUND AT 3 AM--SAW A GUY BY THE TRAILER AND BIKES--AT 3:20 SOMEONE GOT UP AND FOUND THE TRAILER AND BIKES GONE!  SOMEONE WAS IN A CANVAS CAMPER RIGHT BY THE TRAILER AND DIDN'T HEAR A THING.  BY THE WAY- THE TRUCK THAT WAS STOPPED WAS PROBABLY THE GUILTY PARTY.  TIRE TRACK MARKS MATCH THE TRACKS NEXT TO THE TRUCK.  THERE HAD TO BE AT LEAST 2 OR 3 GUYS. THAT WAS HEAVY WITH ALL BIKES.  THE TRUCK THAT WAS STOPPED WAS A LOCAL.

It was mid 80 square body FORD F-150 white with a primer bed.

I am posting this to all the forums I can so all can see this!
stump66
Supreme Member

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #24 on: February 01, 2005, 12:12:48 PM »

GD THAT REALLY SUX!!!
Angry
Will keep an eye out.
good luck hope you or we can find and catch them.
« Last Edit: February 01, 2005, 12:13:28 PM by sport66 » Logged

AND ITS NEVER!!!!
TOO LATE TO START!!!!
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

Other Florida sites of interest: www.PinballShark.com