Home ATV Florida Forum ATV Florida Where to Ride? ATV Florida Links Advertise

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length

Home   Help Search Calendar Login Register  
Pages: [1] 2  All   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: L Cross Riding was crowded  (Read 11510 times)
IXIswamperIXI
Supreme Member

Rich men use dollars, Common folks use sense

View Profile

Ignore
« on: March 19, 2006, 03:42:07 PM »

I went to L cross this weekend and there are two things that bothered me and many others... that was the lines to go anywhere it took an hour one time to go from where I parked to the mud hole because L cross doesn't understand how to make two lanes of traffic LOL ... the other was it cost the same to go one day or stay all weekend but I didnt mind the price so much as the wait.  Just thought I would give everyone a little heads up for the next time.  I am not sure if I would go back just so I can wait in lines for hours.  It is good hole to ride in though.  It wasnt all bad I dont want to sound all negeative, just a little FYI thats all.

I told my wife that a husband is like a fine wine; he gets better with age. The next day, she locked me in the cellar.
450R_Matt
Supreme Member

TRX 250R #18

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #1 on: March 19, 2006, 03:48:45 PM »

Same thing last concert with D.A.C I herd.  Its because so many ppl in one little area.    What do you think will happen with collier county and the 640 acres?  lol

They keep closing down all the riding spots and we will be like rats in a cage.   

Proud to still own one of the badest quads ever built
               The Honda TRX250R
Got rid of the 4 poke and resurrected another dinosaur
MuddFreak77
Supreme Member

I found out who my friends are

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #2 on: March 19, 2006, 04:08:14 PM »

IXI, it was that crowded cause DAC was there, normal events are not that bad.  Please don't judge this weekend as normal.  Next month is going to be a pretty large crowd too with Jason Aldean coming back.  I've been riding there for over a year and it gets better each and everytime.  Thanks Mark and Patty!!!!

Freakk

Never argue with an Idiot. They drag you down to their level, and then beat you with experience!

'07 Suzuki King Quad
3k Warn Winch
GPS

2001 F-250 4X4 Diesel, 6 way hand
IXIswamperIXI
Supreme Member

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #3 on: March 19, 2006, 04:35:19 PM »

I have been there a few times, I am not going to judge it based on the concert.  I just want to ride not sit, I think if the people at L Cross are going to have crowds like that they might need to think about working on some roadways to have bi-directional traffic at the same time. Its not a big deal just thinking out loud thats all. 

I told my wife that a husband is like a fine wine; he gets better with age. The next day, she locked me in the cellar.
Paul_S
Supreme Member

FloridaMotoplex.com

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #4 on: March 19, 2006, 08:31:25 PM »

I have been there a few times, I am not going to judge it based on the concert.  I just want to ride not sit, I think if the people at L Cross are going to have crowds like that they might need to think about working on some roadways to have bi-directional traffic at the same time. Its not a big deal just thinking out loud thats all. 
I have to agree with you on that.

We had a way better time Friday than Saturday.
qt314nfla

« Reply #5 on: March 19, 2006, 08:55:27 PM »

The l-cross ppl spend money to make improvements on the property all the time.  I've seen so many changes just in the last year that I've been going.  Rather than offer criticism you could simply make a suggestion for improvement.

I've been to many events and that was the only time I wished I wasn't in back.  Over all the event was as great as ever but 2 lane in the back would be a great idea.

Mark and Patty, thanks for another great weekend and all the work you do out there.
IXIswamperIXI
Supreme Member

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #6 on: March 19, 2006, 09:19:55 PM »

I had a lot of fun there at the hole.  I am not trying to criticize L cross just thought people would like to know that if there was a concert they might have to wait in a few lines.  Just FYI for everyone.  The staff and the whole gange did the best they could do with the traffic without wider roads. 

Patricia Pearce
Supreme Member

"ANOTHER EXTREME EVENT"

View Profile WWW

Ignore
« Reply #7 on: March 19, 2006, 09:44:19 PM »

Embarrassed Embarrassed Embarrassed  SORRY!!! WE KNOW!! However in OUR defense the roads over the bridges ARE 20 FEET WIDE with plenty of room to pass every one justs goes right down the middle !! After our staff meeting this afternoon we all discussed any issues we had and the BOTTLE NECK issue is #1 priority this week, so ALL WILL BE FIXED BEFORE APRIL EVENT!!!!!!! I want to THANK all of you for YOUR PATIENCE and for HELPING US MAKE THIS ANOTHER EXTREME EVENT!!! Also, some of those issues came from making more camping grounds and giving all of you over 1.200 acres to camp on. Wait till you see the pictures the helicopter vendor took of the park this weekend,
they are AWESOME!!

Thanks again,
MARK & PATTI PEARCE Smiley

"ANOTHER EXTREME EVENT"
IXIswamperIXI
Supreme Member

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #8 on: March 20, 2006, 06:50:33 AM »

No need to apologize you guys are doing a great job... if anything we should be thanking yall for giving us a place to ride when everthing is closing down.  Make no mistake about it i had a good time... i read over what i wrote i dont want anyone to get the wrong idea.  I was just talking.  Again thanks for the fun for all.

IXIswamperIXI

Paul_S
Supreme Member

FloridaMotoplex.com

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #9 on: March 20, 2006, 07:58:34 AM »

The l-cross ppl spend money to make improvements on the property all the time.  I've seen so many changes just in the last year that I've been going.  Rather than offer criticism you could simply make a suggestion for improvement.

I've been to many events and that was the only time I wished I wasn't in back.  Over all the event was as great as ever but 2 lane in the back would be a great idea.

Mark and Patty, thanks for another great weekend and all the work you do out there.
Why would you not want people to offer their criticism, how can you expect things to get better if we do not share our opinions?

This was my first time there and based on what I saw I would not do the 600 mile round trip again.  I did see the potential to have a good time though (we enjoyed Friday) & if the things that spoilt it for me are raised and addressed in this forum, as they were - I would be a lot more likely to return.

I am sure a lot of others feel the same way.

I do not just want to sit and bash L-Cross though. I thought the park overall  was great and I have nothing but respect for the owners - it's one h##l of a place.  If it was closer and less packed, I would go to every event.
wilburz
Supreme Member

Tastes like chicken!

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #10 on: March 20, 2006, 08:56:12 AM »

Call it criticism, becuase that is exactly what it is. L-cross gets suggestive critism and should work with it and they do. But to not see that that bottle neck was going to happen? Come on... They will lose bussiness from people that travel a long ways. That is not what they want to happen. And for patti to say those roads are 20 ft. wide. Yah right. Maybe if they graded them. There are two sholders with 20 degree slopes about 6 ft. and maybe 4ft. of flat road at the top. There is no way two people pulling trailers with one ton trucks could pass each other in the back where the problem was.

I am sure they will have it corrected. My having fun far outwieghed the bad. Thanks lcross.

1978 ridin mower, 48 inch cut, 3.4 hp briggs & stratton
12-6-3 front
14-8-5 back
no muffler
yunt2ride
Supreme Member

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #11 on: March 20, 2006, 09:16:52 AM »

PaulS, you did go on a big weekend. I knew it would be packed, I go down there and to go every month or every other month, its great. I love the place. DAC is about the only time that I have seen it so congested. Any other time you never have to wait. You would not be disappointed if you go during an adult event or either a regular family event. Patti and Mark will get the issues resolved. There are great people there and great people to ride with. I will definately be there on April 21st

1997 Chevrolet 4WD extended cab
2005 Polaris 500HO 4X4 Hunter Edition Camo
450R_Matt
Supreme Member

TRX 250R #18

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #12 on: March 20, 2006, 04:30:09 PM »

Call it criticism, becuase that is exactly what it is. L-cross gets suggestive critism and should work with it and they do. But to not see that that bottle neck was going to happen? Come on... They will lose bussiness from people that travel a long ways. That is not what they want to happen. And for patti to say those roads are 20 ft. wide. Yah right. Maybe if they graded them. There are two sholders with 20 degree slopes about 6 ft. and maybe 4ft. of flat road at the top. There is no way two people pulling trailers with one ton trucks could pass each other in the back where the problem was.

I am sure they will have it corrected. My having fun far outwieghed the bad. Thanks lcross.

10-4 on that. The road going to the back is bad and needs some attention.
Try driving a 36' RV over that section between the 2 mud holes. Next time I come Ill have one of you ride along and see if you want to get out of the middle of that road.. Shocked  everything inside goes flying... Huh   Fix it please. I want to bring my kids back and isnt that where the kids section is?

Proud to still own one of the badest quads ever built
               The Honda TRX250R
Got rid of the 4 poke and resurrected another dinosaur
JMAN4807

Finally, ATVFlorida.com is here!

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #13 on: March 21, 2006, 12:31:20 PM »

When are you going to post some of the pics that the helicopter took?

03 HONDA 400EX
01 F-150 SUPERCAB
Grizzly159

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #14 on: March 22, 2006, 08:58:14 AM »

Did DAC ever even show up. It was so crowded that after a while we just decided to leave the stage area and go riding. that was around 10:30 or 11 and he still wasnt even there. I don't know if he even showed???

Overall it was fun. Like always! It was crowded which was a given. We all knew it would be.

Thanks for the great time!

02 Yamaha Grizzly
Patricia Pearce
Supreme Member

"ANOTHER EXTREME EVENT"

View Profile WWW

Ignore
« Reply #15 on: March 22, 2006, 10:46:57 AM »

:)Yes, David Allan Coe showed up. He never goes on stage for his
concerts untill 10;00pm. However, they had a flat tire on the drive here from Hollywood and He went on stage at 10:38. He played an extra 15 minutes because of that. He was upset when He got here and I don't think His show was as good as last year's show either. He promises He will do A better one next year.
Also, Next months concert  is scheduled for 8:00pm and Jason Aldean will not go on stage untill 10:00pm. We want everyone to have time to get
here being that it is on a FRIDAY!!
Thank you to everyone who attended this past event. All of the traffic issues are being delt with this week and we will be ready for ANOTHER EXTREME EVENT April 21st, 22nd and 23rd!!

Thanks,
Patti P

"ANOTHER EXTREME EVENT"
Niklyn316

Hey everyone

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #16 on: March 24, 2006, 09:11:35 AM »

THIS WAS MY FIRST TIME AT L-CROSS AND I WAS ALSO DISAPPOINTED IN THE TRAFFIC IT TOOK AN HOUR TO GET TO THE CAMP AREA AND ANOTHER HOUR TO GET TO THE MUD HOLE BY THE TIME WE MADE IT TO THE MUD HOLE OUR GROUP WAS AGGRIVATED AND FINALLY MADE IT BACK TO THE CAMP GROUND AND PACKED UP AND LEFT. I KNOW SECURITY IS DOING ALL THEY CAN TO DIRECT TRAFFIC BUT IF THE ROADS ARE BIG ENOUGH FOR TWO LANES WHY DID THEY ONLY LET 1 LANE THROUGH AT A TIME. WE COULD BARELY GET OUR BUGGY ON THE TRAILER THROUGH AND AN RV. NEEDLESS TO SAY WE SPENT ALOT OF MONEY FOR NOTHING. I REALLY HOPE IT DOES GET BETTER THERE ARE NOT THAT MANY PLACES TO RIDE ANY MORE AND I DO APPRECIATE THEM OPENING UP TO THE PUBLIC. MAYBE IF THEY DID NOT LET PEOPLE CAMP ON THE SIDE OF THE ROADS IT WOULD HELP. AT C&R THEY HAVE WIDER ROADS AND A BIGGER DESIGNATED CAMPING AREA THERE HAS NEVER BEEN CONGESTION EVEN WITH A BIG TURN OUT LIKE DAC. LOOKING FORWARD TO IMPROVEMENTS I WILL TRY IT ON A NON CONCERT WEEKEND I MORE TIME... THANKS 
Joedirt
Supreme Member

I am a FloridaMud Rider

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #17 on: March 24, 2006, 09:18:04 AM »

Have no Fear a friend of mine works in Okechobee and has been hauling fill dirt to L-cross all week....the traffic thing is all but fixed....

2005 Vinson 4x4
2003 Big Bear 4x4
2001 Prarie 4x4
1987 Dirty Dakota Mud truck on 35 inch Boggers
FORD4X4GIRL

TRX's Baby Mamma !

View Profile WWW

Ignore
« Reply #18 on: March 29, 2006, 03:18:09 PM »

Embarrassed Embarrassed Embarrassed  SORRY!!! WE KNOW!! However in OUR defense the roads over the bridges ARE 20 FEET WIDE with plenty of room to pass every one justs goes right down the middle !! After our staff meeting this afternoon we all discussed any issues we had and the BOTTLE NECK issue is #1 priority this week, so ALL WILL BE FIXED BEFORE APRIL EVENT!!!!!!! I want to THANK all of you for YOUR PATIENCE and for HELPING US MAKE THIS ANOTHER EXTREME EVENT!!! Also, some of those issues came from making more camping grounds and giving all of you over 1.200 acres to camp on. Wait till you see the pictures the helicopter vendor took of the park this weekend,
they are AWESOME!!

Thanks again,

i see both sides on this one & we were there for muddy gras & then went back for D.A.C. and I can tell you that Muddy Gras wasn't half as crowded... Either way the traffic situation is an issue... The one thing I noticed is that the guys on the buggys could care less how many quads were around them, if you were on a quad you really needed to pay more attention to the buggys to avoid being run over.... & in all honesty the traffic situation sucks...

plus another thing that really bothers me about L-Cross is there I can't tell you how many kids ( under 21) I saw that were sh!t faced drunk ....

"What lies ahead and what lies behind us are only tiny matters to What Lies Within Us..."
.gif
yunt2ride
Supreme Member

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #19 on: March 29, 2006, 03:45:14 PM »

they are AWESOME!!

Thanks again,

i see both sides on this one & we were there for muddy gras & then went back for D.A.C. and I can tell you that Muddy Gras wasn't half as crowded... Either way the traffic situation is an issue... The one thing I noticed is that the guys on the buggys could care less how many quads were around them, if you were on a quad you really needed to pay more attention to the buggys to avoid being run over.... & in all honesty the traffic situation sucks...

plus another thing that really bothers me about L-Cross is there I can't tell you how many kids ( under 21) I saw that were sh!t faced drunk ....

I mentioned to Mark about the guy on the buggy that was running laps in the mud during the muddy gras and he took care of him. He sent him back to camp and the guy actually loaded and left Saturday night. If you see someone under 21 drinking just slip up to one of the security and tell them and they will take care of it. You do not need to mention to them that you are telling security, they know their doing wrong and can get thrown out for it, just go do it then they never know who told. They have the best security out there but it does not matter how many you have people will try to do stuff and try not to get caught. Remember that by complaing on here and not to them, stuff will not get done. If they had five times as many officers it still would not be enough and the more security they hire makes the prices go up. We can help them out and keep admission down by doing it.

1997 Chevrolet 4WD extended cab
2005 Polaris 500HO 4X4 Hunter Edition Camo
Patricia Pearce
Supreme Member

"ANOTHER EXTREME EVENT"

View Profile WWW

Ignore
« Reply #20 on: March 29, 2006, 03:56:29 PM »

Smiley Smiley Thanks, Yunt,

We as Adults know that our whole state has a problem with under age drinking! They are giving money to schools left and right to try to educate
our youth about underage drinking. Did you know that 75% of our youths in high school have admitted to getting drunk or using drugs? That is the
MAIN REASON we search vehicles! UNDERAGE DRINKING! We also put another color wrist band on their wrist to make it easier for security to
pick out the under age drinkers! Children are going to do this any where they can at your own home while you are at work or at a neighbors home, ect. We are constanly taking alcohol AWAY from them. All the help we can get makes it easier! But the #1 way to help is to NOT GIVE IT TO THEM!!
If you see a child drinking report it to any of our security and they will take care of it right away!

Thanks,
Patti P

"ANOTHER EXTREME EVENT"
Da_Mtg_Man
extraordinaire
Supreme Member

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #21 on: March 29, 2006, 05:21:02 PM »

We as Adults know that our whole state has a problem with under age drinking! They are giving money to schools left and right to try to educate
our youth about underage drinking. Did you know that 75% of our youths in high school have admitted to getting drunk or using drugs? That is the
MAIN REASON we search vehicles! UNDERAGE DRINKING! We also put another color wrist band on their wrist to make it easier for security to
pick out the under age drinkers! Children are going to do this any where they can at your own home while you are at work or at a neighbors home, ect. We are constanly taking alcohol AWAY from them. All the help we can get makes it easier! But the #1 way to help is to NOT GIVE IT TO THEM!!
If you see a child drinking report it to any of our security and they will take care of it right away!

Thanks,
Patti P

What do you do with the alcohol that you take form the underage drinkers?
I have an idea, Drop it off at the atvflorida/floridaatv campsite.  Grin

FLORIDA MUD RIDER
qt314nfla

« Reply #22 on: March 29, 2006, 06:47:57 PM »

Thanks,
Patti P

Now that there is a good idea.
FORD4X4GIRL

TRX's Baby Mamma !

View Profile WWW

Ignore
« Reply #23 on: March 29, 2006, 06:50:57 PM »

I'm all for it !

"What lies ahead and what lies behind us are only tiny matters to What Lies Within Us..."
.gif
o4250
Supreme Member

Call me George Foreman..

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #24 on: March 29, 2006, 06:55:32 PM »

I'm all for it !

Yea I guess you could just watch them drink it? Huh
Pages: [1] 2  All   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

Other Florida sites of interest: www.PinballShark.com