Home ATV Florida Forum ATV Florida Where to Ride? ATV Florida Links Advertise

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length

Home   Help Search Calendar Login Register  
Pages: 1 [2]  All   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Z or EX?  (Read 14432 times)
rubicon500kid
Supreme Member

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #25 on: March 21, 2006, 04:03:23 PM »

get a 400ex
 this summmer my 400ex will be eating z for lunch (in a drag )  im also going to try to go after 450s/660/shee ect.....
but i wont push my luck

DROP & DESTROY
87 s10 2/3 soon to be bagged
85 honda 110 atc(22" bearclaws & snorkeld)
01 kx 125 (pc pipe,tag bar's,pro racing rear rim,some lil other stuff
I hate it when you microwave something, then you start eating it, and it's cold in the middle...makes me wanna punch a
klutchbuster400
Supreme Member

Cuz the chicks dig it.

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #26 on: March 21, 2006, 07:35:13 PM »

get a 400ex
 this summmer my 400ex will be eating z for lunch (in a drag )  im also going to try to go after 450s/660/shee ect.....
but i wont push my luck
so he should get a 400ex becuase youre goint to be "beating"( dont know what youre into) z's for lunch.......

well im convinced i think i should trade my z in, im sure i can trade my z  for 2 ex's Cheesy
on a serious note, those ex's are pretty bad, i just prefer the power, suspension, and comfortablity of the z, oh yeah, the new updated technology is great to. Wink
« Last Edit: March 21, 2006, 09:01:51 PM by klutchbuster400 » Logged
Hollywood
Supreme Member

Team ATP Racing #8

View Profile WWW

Ignore
« Reply #27 on: March 21, 2006, 07:45:45 PM »

Both are good quads it just depends on what you are looking for. The Z has a little more power out of the box, and a bit better susp so it would be a bit better for trail riding and cooler in the heat due to being liquid cooled. But that is just more parts to maintain and break especially if you have any thoughts of taking it in the mud. The EX is all around a simple design and a tried and true reliable quad with very little maintance. The EX can be found cheaper and you can spend the extra money on perf./susp. upgrades that would make it well outperform the Z. There is a large aftermarket following for both so parts is not an issue. Just kinda comes down to weather or not you want something that is good to go stock or if you want something to build on.

'99 4??EX: Laeger +2's, Elka Resi's, Tag bars, AC ProPeg, Sparks X6 exhaust, G-Force axle, Burgard stem/carrier, 250r Hood, Klaw MXR's, ATP Racing engine, LSR, MSR, PEP and the list goes on.

'03 Honda 250EX: Yea it's decked out too!

'03 Yamaha Blaster: Work in pr
Chevy1500z71
Supreme Member

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #28 on: March 22, 2006, 03:04:16 PM »

GO FOR THE 400EX. I HAVE ONE AND I LIKE IT WAY BETTER THAN THE Z. IVE RIDDEN THE Z A FEW TIMES. I JUST LIKE THE HONDA BETTER.

could you like it way beter because you have to because you paid for it? or is it realy beter?
ltz-400

Finally, ATVFlorida.com is here!

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #29 on: March 25, 2006, 01:03:24 PM »

no contest i own o5 400 z  400ex doesnt hold a candle to it

2005 ltz-400
Miami450R
Supreme Member

Yamaha

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #30 on: March 25, 2006, 02:14:27 PM »

but the z is a more comfterble ride a

ive had 2 ppl that own Z's ride my 416. my friend liked it n said it was better handling n felt more comfortable in that seat and the height of it, and klutch rode it , but idk , u can ask him.he just liekd the lowend on my bike.

if i were to get a biek from the beginning , not ever owning a
Z or EX , id go for the Z, just cuz its liquid cooled and has a bit more power. although as my bike sits i can beat stock ones , never tried modded (Ahem..jesse)
EDIT: but now that i have my EX. i dont want a Z , i dont feel the need for one , if i upgrade itd b to a yfz or 450r.

How we ride today determines IF  we can ride tommorow.
'89 240sx sil-coupe (drift car)
'07 mazdaspeed3 (daily)
'05 Limited Edition Banshee
Chevy1500z71
Supreme Member

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #31 on: March 25, 2006, 03:06:55 PM »

get a 400ex
but i wont push my luck
so he should get a 400ex becuase youre goint to be "beating"( dont know what youre into) z's for lunch.......

well im convinced i think i should trade my z in, im sure i can trade my z  for 2 ex's Cheesy
on a serious note, those ex's are pretty bad, i just prefer the power, suspension, and comfortablity of the z, oh yeah, the new updated technology is great to. Wink

actualy the 03 has prety bad suspension and as for updated technology, your 03 has the grab bar as part of the sub frame Shocked

the z is still beter tho
klutchbuster400
Supreme Member

Cuz the chicks dig it.

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #32 on: March 26, 2006, 12:17:30 AM »

get a 400ex
but i wont push my luck

actualy the 03 has prety bad suspension and as for updated technology, your 03 has the grab bar as part of the sub frame Shocked

the z is still beter tho
about the suspension, i dont know if its from coming off riding a warrior, but it feels like elkas to me!!!! i love the suspension, but yeah youre rigth abotu the grab bar thingy, but that can be easily changed.

i rode jauns bike at the hump and seminole, his seat is comfortable as heck, and the bike sits pretty low, i like the way it feels. If my z is workin for your b-day ride, then we shall race Wink, but the way things are looking i seriously doubvt it.
Miami450R
Supreme Member

Yamaha

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #33 on: March 26, 2006, 10:40:43 AM »

lol.k. if i have my suspension setup by then then i wont have a prob racing u.lol.but with stockers dont even thinkabout it lol

im prolly purchasing my shocks tonight or tommorow.

How we ride today determines IF  we can ride tommorow.
'89 240sx sil-coupe (drift car)
'07 mazdaspeed3 (daily)
'05 Limited Edition Banshee
klutchbuster400
Supreme Member

Cuz the chicks dig it.

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #34 on: March 26, 2006, 11:42:53 AM »

lol.k. if i have my suspension setup by then then i wont have a prob racing u.lol.but with stockers dont even thinkabout it lol

im prolly purchasing my shocks tonight or tommorow.
what ya goin with, cant be aftermarket, eveyrthing has like a 2 month wait on them, im guessing stock 450r, yfz shocks?

and i just noticed that little ( ahem jesse) thing lol, i've offered a few times to let you ride it, now that shes not workin your sh1t out of luck lol
« Last Edit: March 26, 2006, 11:46:28 AM by klutchbuster400 » Logged
suzuki z400 rider

ima ganster rider...

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #35 on: March 27, 2006, 04:53:48 PM »

im actually picking up a z400 this wed.... its way more comfortable and faster for stock its alos the soecond best all around right now..........its awesome...and yea its liquid cooled aw/ a fan and the shocks are way better....go wi the z400

'06 suzuki z400
MOTONICK

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #36 on: March 31, 2006, 09:28:36 PM »

DEFINENTLY THE Z

KAWASAKI KX80 FOR SALE/SPYDER PILOT PAINTBALL GUN FOR SALE, WITH HOPPER AND CASE $400. PM ME
southernthing

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #37 on: March 31, 2006, 09:58:46 PM »

ex all the way!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Thumbs Up Thumbs Up Thumbs Up

blue,98 warrior with holeshots
white,06 z250
www.myspace.com/southernthing
jetski dawg

Finally! ATVFlorida.com is here!

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #38 on: April 01, 2006, 09:41:23 PM »

the suzuki dealer in sebring had 06 Z out the door for 5300.00 i found it in atv trader and bought mine there..if that helps..(riders exchange..the same owners as ARS)
Pages: 1 [2]  All   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

Other Florida sites of interest: www.PinballShark.com