Home ATV Florida Forum ATV Florida Where to Ride? ATV Florida Links Advertise

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length

Home   Help Search Calendar Login Register  
Pages: [1] 2  All   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: mx tracks  (Read 13057 times)
floydamus

Finally! ATVFlorida.com is here!

View Profile

Ignore
« on: March 17, 2006, 04:21:39 PM »

im lookin for  a nice mx track for  quads.  ive been to hard rock didn't liek the intemidaite track which thats my skill level. i  liek hard  pack the best and woudl liek to find a  nice place to ride. i do like to trail ride as well so decen't quad freindly traisl woudl be nice as well

05 kfx 400
hmf slip on rejeted to match it ac propegs with heal gaurds. and i plan on stage one hotcams
Honda250ex
Supreme Member

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #1 on: March 18, 2006, 10:54:55 PM »

sand mountain has a hard packed 1 1/8th mile mx track, kiddy track, flat track,drag track, and alot of hill climbs and trails. go to sandmountainspeedway.com

'03 F-250 7.3L
Lawn Service 4Sale w/equipment!!
98% of all ATV'ers FLOOR their quads if your the 2% then your GGGGGGGGGGGGGG@@@@@@@@@@yyyyyyyyyyyyyyy
T2
Supreme Member

It's Better To Be The Predator Than the Prey

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #2 on: March 19, 2006, 06:43:18 PM »

Pax Track is good Wink

2006YFZ450
Supreme Member

YFZ 450

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #3 on: March 19, 2006, 06:59:40 PM »

Sand Mountain is awsome!

www.sandmountainspeedway.com

floydamus

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #4 on: March 20, 2006, 09:41:50 AM »

looks  a hair  bit more advanced for my skill level im just really get in started and the track back home was great for me  ridding skill.

05 kfx 400
hmf slip on rejeted to match it ac propegs with heal gaurds. and i plan on stage one hotcams
svtbolt04
Supreme Member

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #5 on: March 20, 2006, 02:11:42 PM »

Dont worry, people are in the same shoes as you. But I guess you have to start somewhere right?

823 for life!

Black wheels, plastics, some shiny chrome pieces. Left over dirt from last year, handle bars.
floydamus

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #6 on: March 21, 2006, 01:46:08 PM »

yea thats why  im look for  tracks that will work for me. hardrocks intermidiate track would be perfect but there landings are gay as hell

05 kfx 400
arod
Supreme Member

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #7 on: March 21, 2006, 10:11:58 PM »

go to seminoletribemotocross. i learnrd to ride there.
floydamus

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #8 on: March 23, 2006, 03:45:05 PM »

http://www.ncmotorsportspark.com/  go  to  track pics then practice track.   this is what im used to i loved there practice track it was the sh*t. still is compared to what ive rode so far down here.  point me to the closest thing to this
« Last Edit: March 23, 2006, 03:46:36 PM by floydamus » Logged

05 kfx 400
floydamus

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #9 on: March 27, 2006, 06:02:46 PM »

ttt

05 kfx 400
Exmx54
Supreme Member

MX rider

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #10 on: March 27, 2006, 07:29:28 PM »

The sand track at Hardrock was easy to ride, and when you fall it doesnt hurt like it does on hard pack. As for an easy track, Pax trax was 99% tables, you might like it there. Seminole is very quad friendly, and has other lanes running along side of the difficult sections if you are not ready to go through them yet!
Numkut

Finally, ATVFlorida.com is here!

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #11 on: April 01, 2006, 02:09:16 PM »

http://www.ncmotorsportspark.com/  go  to  track pics then practice track.   this is what im used to i loved there practice track it was the sh*t. still is compared to what ive rode so far down here.  point me to the closest thing to this

Is it me or does everything up North look way better than down here?

53yfz450
Supreme Member

Following hurts more than Leading!!!

View Profile WWW

Ignore
« Reply #12 on: April 01, 2006, 02:16:44 PM »

Is it me or does everything up North look way better than down here?

no i think your right Wink

WEB SITE IS COMING BACK UP SOON!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!   
  http://HTTP://GANDGRACING.COM CHECK IT OUT!!!!!!

http://myspace.com/jakegunn53

motocross is all about momentum if you hit it doin a 100 ya gonna  make it across.
LostCause
Supreme Member

SSQSA is coming back!

View Profile WWW

Ignore
« Reply #13 on: April 03, 2006, 10:49:49 PM »

Check out Pax.

There is a FTR race there this weekend.  There will be a good turn out of quads.  Practice on sat. race on sunday.

We have the ability to control our future.

www.SSQSA.net

Thanks to our sponsors: Walsh Racecraft, X-Tream Clean, Ripixx, Goon with Style, Pit Posse, Amsoil, Equalibryum, Crown Wear, Answer, MSR, AXO, Slackercross, UFO, MXRESULTZ
Sahara311

View Profile WWW

Ignore
« Reply #14 on: April 09, 2006, 06:36:38 PM »

Quick Track in Lakeland is a good starter level. My bf was out there the weekend before our bikes were stolen and it looks awesome, and they have a trail scramble too.
He took video and there were LOADS of quads there.

2006 Bombardier DS 250........hers, stolen but recovered<--for sale
2003 Yamaha YZ 250.............his
2000 Honda CR 125................his birthday present
****Lock up your toys!*******
2005 Suzuki RM 250................his, stolen
floydamus

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #15 on: April 16, 2006, 04:26:28 PM »

thanks yall  its been kinda killin me  not being able to ride. i went back hoem a month ago and had a blast at  ncmp( the place i linked). where is paxed and is there anyone wantin to go and  ride one weekend ? i lke riddin with  a group of people and still tryin to get to know people hit me  up on here  with  location of pax and if ya wana ride  one weekend. im lookin for trails to i need to ride im going  through withdrawls here

05 kfx 400
floydamus

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #16 on: April 16, 2006, 04:29:07 PM »

o and one more thing if any of yall wana makle a trip to nc one time let me know id be more than pleased to  lead up the ride. and ill get alot of the atvnc boys out there with me. to so it would be a  great ride they have campin and stuff there too so just let me know

05 kfx 400
floydamus

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #17 on: April 20, 2006, 11:16:38 AM »

aight yall that where tellin me abotu pax where is it located ? i read that its mostly sand? i don't wana deal with a sand mx track sorry
« Last Edit: April 20, 2006, 01:18:09 PM by floydamus » Logged

05 kfx 400
LostCause
Supreme Member

SSQSA is coming back!

View Profile WWW

Ignore
« Reply #18 on: April 20, 2006, 03:34:26 PM »

The track is in bunnell.  South west of St. Augustine.

Yes it is sand but with a mixture of saw chips.  Very nice track.  Most tracks in FL are sand so youll have to learn how to ride them.  Bakes you a better rider for the other tracks.

www.SSQSA.net

Thanks to our sponsors: Walsh Racecraft, X-Tream Clean, Ripixx, Goon with Style, Pit Posse, Amsoil, Equalibryum, Crown Wear, Answer, MSR, AXO, Slackercross, UFO, MXRESULTZ
floydamus

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #19 on: April 20, 2006, 11:59:33 PM »

ill pass on sand  only tires i have hook up good on hardpack not that great  in the loose stuff  i knwo that for a fast.  and im not buying any tires anytime soon. and i don't have to learn to ride sand mx tracks cause im not going to be a pro at mx. if i wana ride a  good track ill just load up for a trip back home

05 kfx 400
LostCause
Supreme Member

SSQSA is coming back!

View Profile WWW

Ignore
« Reply #20 on: April 21, 2006, 07:39:08 AM »

What tires do you have?  No need to get new tires just change air pressure.

www.SSQSA.net

floydamus

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #21 on: April 21, 2006, 11:55:19 AM »

kenda claws trust me  they  do not do good in soft stuff i have to change the pressure on hard pack  last tiem i went home the track was very dusty and i had issues with traction  but i didn't mess with  the pressure much either cause they hooked up good enugh  plus i  just don't liek the ide of havin soem hard pack on some faces im not that great  at it  and  i want go pro  so  im being picky on what  i ride cause thats what i feel comfortable with and its not a  soft soil faced jump heck i hated hardrock intermidiate track and didn't care to much for the sand course  i liked the grand prix  course and hated there trails i wouldn't mind finding  some good trails  and i know the national forest has them just aint goin out there by myself. and im hopin soem  folks from back home  come down and go to it they are  talkin about a group trip herer so well see

05 kfx 400
Simulcaster

a florida native asks, where can we ride now?

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #22 on: April 21, 2006, 03:26:00 PM »

alot of the tracks are sandy but not sugar sand or dune sand. 
WOODY_450r
Supreme Member

Lifes better when all 4 wheels are under the quad

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #23 on: April 21, 2006, 03:41:53 PM »

kenda claws trust me  they  do not do good in soft stuff i have to change the pressure on hard pack  last tiem i went home the track was very dusty and i had issues with traction  but i didn't mess with  the pressure much either cause they hooked up good enugh  plus i  just don't liek the ide of havin soem hard pack on some faces im not that great  at it  and  i want go pro  so  im being picky on what  i ride cause thats what i feel comfortable with and its not a  soft soil faced jump heck i hated hardrock intermidiate track and didn't care to much for the sand course  i liked the grand prix  course and hated there trails i wouldn't mind finding  some good trails  and i know the national forest has them just aint goin out there by myself. and im hopin soem  folks from back home  come down and go to it they are  talkin about a group trip herer so well see

kenda claws do good every where that is what i have !!!  there tread design is made to be switch around for hard or soft terrian

on kendas when your thread pattern is going this way it is for soft terrian!  (look at the rears not the fronts)

all u have to do is turn them around....and there sould be arrows on the side walls of the tires to help you out on with direction for wich terrian

WHEN IN DOUBT FLOOR IT !!!!!!!!

JOSH WOODS #411

05 450r
01 chevy 4x4
MOTOCROSS MAVERICK
Supreme Member

RACE LIKE ITS GOING TO BE YOUR LAST RACE!

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #24 on: April 21, 2006, 04:17:21 PM »

ya but your front tires are backwards woody! hahahaha  Cheesy

Pages: [1] 2  All   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

Other Florida sites of interest: www.PinballShark.com